The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 is still better than Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Point one: I dislike Sims 3 more than I like Sims 4
    Point two: All Sims games 1 + 2+ 4 are better than Sims 3 in many ways.
    Point Three: I made my point here.
    I agree that all the games combined are better then sims 3. Even if you had everything you could possibly want in sims 3 it got boring.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2015
    People are spoiled kids, they are never satisfied.

The Sims 2 was disappointing until The Sims 3 was released
    The Sims 3 was disappointing until The Sims 4 was released.

The Sims 4 will be disappointing until The Sims 5 will be released.

It's the eternal curse of The Sims series.

Even if The Sims 1 was remade, the people will keep on complaining.
    Sorry I think it is funny that it wasn't ok to call people children in another thread, but ok in this one. Double standard much? Name calling is never cool and will make any argument invalid regardless of what someone thinks about a Sims game.

So copying what SimGuruDrake said about the same thing here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/843537/will-the-sims-4-be-the-last-one/p12
    "I wanted to pop in to remind everyone to stay on the topic started by the OP. Do NOT attack one another or call each other names."
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    People are spoiled kids, they are never satisfied.

The Sims 2 was disappointing until The Sims 3 was released
    The Sims 3 was disappointing until The Sims 4 was released.

The Sims 4 will be disappointing until The Sims 5 will be released.

It's the eternal curse of The Sims series.

Even if The Sims 1 was remade, the people will keep on complaining.
    Sorry I think it is funny that it wasn't ok to call people children in another thread, but ok in this one. Double standard much? Name calling is never cool and will make any argument invalid regardless of what someone thinks about a Sims game.

So copying what SimGuruDrake said about the same thing here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/843537/will-the-sims-4-be-the-last-one/p12
    "I wanted to pop in to remind everyone to stay on the topic started by the OP. Do NOT attack one another or call each other names."
    TS4 fans can do whatever they want and get away with it but we can't. Remember?

That's because we're special. <3
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    "Sims 3 is Still Better Than Sims 4"

Of course it is. At least The Sims 3 has more family play, and toddlers, in its base game in comparison with The Sims 4's base game, which has been out for nearly a year!
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    TS4 fans can do whatever they want and get away with it but we can't. Remember?
    So they think. Either way it is wrong. I don't care which side people think they are. Name calling is not nice. This is why I like my view from the fence. Having to pick a side is silly. But yeah if forum immunity is what Simmers think they can get away with while putting others down on a daily basis, I hope @SimGuruDrake looks into it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited July 2015

point 1 fine you can dislike one and like other all you want its your personnal taste and i'm fine.
    point 2 it's you personnal and biased opnion based on you experience with all the games which while i feel sorry for you had problem with one version still a just personnal opnion.
    point 3 fine.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Popping in here to remind everyone to stay on topic started by the OP. A warning for everyone: Name calling will NOT be tolerated.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Point 1: oh.
    Point 2: no.
    Point 3: wow.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    I agree that all the games combined are better then sims 3. Even if you had everything you could possibly want in sims 3 it got boring.
    That's how I feel with TS4.
    I had problems with TS3 even though I miss seasons and that would be the only reason I would go back to it. It had bad routing issues they never fixed the fountains in the store so most of them don't even work.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    gabriella92italygabriella92italy Posts: 607 Member
    edited July 2015
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    KaceyS wrote: »
    I bought TS4 the day it was released, as I have with all the other releases. I'm a supper fan and Sims addict, however I played TS4 a grand total of 3 times and completely lost interest due to how incredibly disappointed I was with it. Here are my reasons...

1. It took me almost 2 hours to figure out the hot key controls and the most frustrating part of that was trying to figure out how to tilt up and down so I could at least look at the sky.
    2. I feel like I'm in a goldfish bowl. Even when my view is zoomed out, there is far less to see then there was in TS3. It feels claustrophobic.
    3. I got so frustrated trying to figure out how to find and visit the grocery store or other community lots that I just gave up.
    4. No patterns or color customizations?? Seriously??
    5. Only a few open lots to choose to live on? again SERIOUSLY??

I thought this game was going to be an advancement in the series however it's by far the most boring, frustrating and cartoonishly fake version that I ever had the misfortune to play. I know you might not agree with me and you may love TS4 and thats awesome. I'm just bummed that I can't feel the same love and enthusiasm for it, so I will be back in lonely TS3 where there will never be new content and Maxis has clearly left far behind. (Drama for emphasis)

You have the right to complain about this game and I respect your opinion, but why did you get all the packs of TS4 if you hate it? It is a waste of money, considering that you don't enjoy the game
    because that is a problem of being a stubborn fan specially here is very common you see peoples complain but still buying in hope get better, the same for sims 3 and probably sims 2, man the sims series is really like a terrible drug if you not becarefull with it, i'm really glad i'm not like that and i treasure my money before buy things, i did the mistake of buy sims 4 deluxe but i'm not sttuborn and maybe stupid or whatever to keep buying things just in hope that things can make the game better, i use the law which if i don't like the base then not gonna be the 9999 will make it better, just gonna make me more angry because i ended wasting every more money.

For example I didn't buy luxury party stuff pack, because it was not so worth it for me! On the contrary, I purchased stuff pack 2 - perfect patio - because I liked new animations with hot tubs and there were more objects in build mode, but it has been an exception for me.....because I am not going to get all future stuff packs!! I prefer to conserve my money to buy expansions or at least game packs which really improve gameplay
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I was disappointed at first, but the expansion packs looks like they will be promising. Especially the Get To Work one. They put so many things back into the game that I missed from the Sims 2 work pack and then even added some that I can't wait to play that one. I did buy the Outdoor Retreat one to just get back into the game. It did help to have a little more to do, but it's still not as much as I would have hoped for. There are hardly any outdoor activities, but I don't remember what it was like when I first got the base games in the beginning. It might have been about the same. But I did finally figure out one thing and that made me happy. I think the more packs they come out with, the more stuff that we will get to do around town and I think that'll help a lot, at least for me.
    I grew up on sims 1, moved on with ease to Sims 2, and didn't hesitate to jump to Sims 3 leaving all other makes behind, but Sims 4 is such a struggle to play. I was so excited for Sims 4 to come out but when it did it was just so disappointing that I don't even see it as a real game, Sims 3 is still my go to sims game. The lack of an open world, the camera angle, the fact that when I open the fridge the shelf doesn't freaking close, no toddlers, honestly there is nothing to do in that game. I'm afraid to waste my money on expansions because I fear the gameplay honestly wont be any better. I already feel like I wasted a good $70 just on the base game. Is there anyone else out there that is still just so disappointed by the Sims 4 like I am?
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    PurneyPurney Posts: 57 Member
    I loved Sims 1 and 2, and love 4. I struggled for two months to like 3, but just couldn't. It was the first Sims game I ever installed on my computer that I wasn't enchanted with immediately.
  • Options
    natashathesimmer52natashathesimmer52 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Toxicdirt_scummm said:
    > I grew up on sims 1, moved on with ease to Sims 2, and didn't hesitate to jump to Sims 3 leaving all other makes behind, but Sims 4 is such a struggle to play. I was so excited for Sims 4 to come out but when it did it was just so disappointing that I don't even see it as a real game, Sims 3 is still my go to sims game. The lack of an open world, the camera angle, the fact that when I open the fridge the shelf doesn't freaking close, no toddlers, honestly there is nothing to do in that game. I'm afraid to waste my money on expansions because I fear the gameplay honestly wont be any better. I already feel like I wasted a good $70 just on the base game. Is there anyone else out there that is still just so disappointed by the Sims 4 like I am?

I began playing the sims 2 first, BUT then went to play the sims 1. I collected every expansion pack for both games. The sims 3 was a HUGE step with graphics and game play. I loved the open world. I was able to actually see which areas i though my sims would fit the best. I had to COMPLETELY destroy every home and community lot and rebuild everything to get it how I would like it, well not like, but be more comfortable with. I feel like since MAXIS joined the EA crew with developing the sims 4 they just ruined EVERYTHING I and many others LOVED about the past sim games. The one thing I noticed that ticked me off when I first began playing was the lack of graphics. They went from SUPER great to "Wow this isn't even close to realistic, I dont think people in real life have shiny skin and box eye lashes. I have had to download over 100 things from the sims resource just to make everything seem realistic. The fact that they took out toddlers bothers me because it definitely brought the game to life. And thats what the sims is about right? Having a real world that YOU can control in your own way? Everything feels so controlled now. I think they focused TOO much on the new create a sim and the new build mode and completely drove away from what the sims is ACTUALLY about.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    yes. even just the base sims 3 is better than the sims 4.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    TS3 was and still is an awesome game, my opinion of course. Perhaps I enjoyed it more because it runs pretty good on my system. That being said TS2 will always have my heart. It was by far the best in the series and oozes love and attention even to the most "minutiae" of details.

TS4 I can enjoy for what it is but it's the first game in the series that I'm constantly noticing what's not in the game as opposed to just enjoying what is in the game. Maybe that's why they are pumping content out so rapidly?

Who knows but I do hope that for the sake of this series they manage to turn things around.
  • Options
    SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    I like both... even though the missing open world and toddlers in TS4, but there's also a lot of things that i miss in 3 after playing 4...
    I think TS4 fixed a lot of small issues that were really ruining the game for me in TS3, and it just has a lot more... detail? idk how to describe it.
    I like both.
    And to be fair, the Sims 4 has so much in the base game that was only added to Sims 3 with expansions :D
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sel wrote: »
    I like both... even though the missing open world and toddlers in TS4, but there's also a lot of things that i miss in 3 after playing 4...
    I think TS4 fixed a lot of small issues that were really ruining the game for me in TS3, and it just has a lot more... detail? idk how to describe it.
    I like both.
    And to be fair, the Sims 4 has so much in the base game that was only added to Sims 3 with expansions :D
    And Sims 3 had so much in the basegame that Sims 4 still doesn't have ;) I'm really considering to buy me some additions after all because I want to give the game another chance, but the basegame just won't do. It's too bare.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Idray2501Idray2501 Posts: 32 Member
    I never really tried the base game sims 3. I mean, I did, but for a very short amount of time and I didn't really get to enjoy it fully before I realized that all the you tubers has CC and Mods and the other expansion packs before their game was that awesome. I would say that Sims 3 with just Late Night and High End Loft Stuff, was probably more fun than it should have been. Sims 4, which I played with everything up to Luxury Party Stuff (I uninstalled before Newcrest sorry), I probably spent most of my time in CAS or buymode. In gameplay I never really knew what to do and accomplishing their aspirations was never my priority. I just spent a load of time making pretty sims with pretty houses but never really doing anything with them. I had a lot of fun with GTW but how many times can you replay those professions before they get boring.
    In the Sims 3 my sims traits meant something, and affected how they act! Every household has a neat sim because I can't be bothered, there is always a brave sim (although I've never encountered a burglar), and I do try and try so hard to refrain, but babies and toddlers are way to important in my game! If a toddler isn't there via CAS, my female sim is always pregnant within the first week (I can't help it >.<) And I'm all over their needs like a hawk! If a need is not full it's my main priority, always! In the Sims 4, I know the sim will take care of it themselves anyway, I'm only there so that they're not constantly watching TV or 'Trolling teh Forums'.

I've always been a stalker of these threads (Cinebar and JoAnne are like celebs to me, hi guys!) comparing Sims 3 to 4 or just generally talking about Sims 4. Honestly, I'm on a neutral standpoint on whether or not Sims 4 is worth it. I can't be angry about anything missing in Sims 4 because I never bought it, I used my cousins' origin account and she's the one who bought everything. Sims 3 however was my money spent and every last penny was worth it (Except Movie Stuff and Katy Perry stuff, I've yet to use those). I've never had the is Sims 4 worth my money argument to stand from, so I really can't get angry about it, but I do prefer Sims 3.
  • Options
    Idray2501Idray2501 Posts: 32 Member
    Okay. A chunk of that went missing? I can't be bothered to re type it but I'm on a neutral standpoint on whether or not Sims 4 is worth it, since I used my cousins origin account to access it and never bought it myself. But I prefer Sims 3.
  • Options
    DaLaa1DaLaa1 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited July 2015
    I bought get to work and I was really stupid! It is no sense at all buying it it's just pointless! And I'm not using the expansion pack because when I bought the original sims I was like it's boring and I thought maybe when I buy an expansion pack it might not be boring , anyway EA is expensive so don't hope it's going to cost $20
  • Options
    babygirl246024babygirl246024 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm so glad it isn't just me who doesn't like the Sims 4! I was so excited when I saw the trailers and loved the new create a sim but I was severely disappointed when I started playing.... I didn't even play it for a half an hour when I got it because everything was so confusing to me. I couldn't figure out how the camera worked, the controls were entirely different and the game was missing a lot. I got the game on launch day cause I preordered it, I so wish I hadn't..... So I got online to see about selling it and I can't even do that because of the fact that product codes are linked to origin. So I'm stuck with the Sims4, Get to work and a strategy guide which is over 100$ worth of a game that I hate and I can't do anything with it..... I will definitely stick with the Sims 3 and the Sims 2.
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    The Sims 3 is only better because of all the expansion packs. TS4 will so much fun when more eps are released.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top