The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 is still better than Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    edaercangs96edaercangs96 Posts: 214 Member
    edited June 2015
    To be honest the closed world doesn't affect me that much. I got used to it actually. In time I started to love TS4 more, even I had trouble in the beginning. Maybe because it was too different than TS3 and I played it for 5 years. I remember when I first bought TS3, i didn't like it because TS2 was perfect to me. But when EPs and SPs came out, I started to love TS3 more.
    The same thing happened for TS4. I'm a career focused person, I enjoy to increase in jobs more than having a family :D (but of course I miss toddlers) I was disappointed since I couldn't see enough careers when I compare it to TS3. But Get To Work released and I enjoyed every moment of it. I hope more EPs will come out and we'll enjoy the game like we did in TS3.
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    Sequels/next iterations/whatever should have all of the main features of the previous base, and then build on those. Bethesda gets its. Heck, looks like they've been paying attention to the popular mods. Wish Maxis got it.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/has-fallout-4-won-e3-2015-already/2300-6425293/#ftag=YHFede6394

Maybe they should make a Sim game. I watched the video, the faces looked like what I thought a next gen Sims game would look like. :(
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Yeah, they aren't bad at all, not when you consider how customizable they are. I hear people (console players, probably) complaining the game doesn't look as good as Witcher 3. Witcher 3 does look nice, but you are stuck with a single 'option' as player. I'm also pretty sure the developers for Witcher 3 haven't designed it so that it can be (fairly) easily modded.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    NetteBooNetteBoo Posts: 3 New Member
    I am so glad I'm not the only one. I downloaded The Sims 4 a month ago and I was highly disappointed...the create a sim portion was ok...I downloaded the demo a year ago...I was so excited to get the base game...OMG it was terrible...the gameplay is limited to building...even where I clicked on the screen was difficult to make selections...there are sure some bugs...after an hour of trying to figure it out I quickly uninstalled and reinstalled The Sims 3 and began playing that again. The Sims 4 has a long way to go...I will continue to monitor the forums to see if it gets better as of now I'm not impressed at all...I give it 4 thumbs down!!!!

> @kaichen04 said:
    > I do realise The Sims 3 has many, many features The Sims 4 doesn't have. But I always felt the sims in that installment were lifeless and ugly. I felt no attachment at all and mostly just built.
    >
    > I love my sims again in The Sims 4. They endear me.
    >
    > So, no, I just can't go back to The Sims 3.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited June 2015
    Ok, I'd just like to say I found something worth true condemnation. This makes Sims 4 look like GTA V meets World of Warcraft

https://games.yahoo.com/news/square-enix-unveils-world-final-183700601.html

Yikes.

Seriously? That's for PS 4? LOL. Looks like it could run on a watch.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    Ok, I'd just like to say I found something worth true condemnation. This makes Sims 4 look like GTA V meets World of Warcraft

https://games.yahoo.com/news/square-enix-unveils-world-final-183700601.html

Yikes.

Seriously? That's for PS 4? LOL. Looks like it could run on a watch.

I watched the video... no, just no. *shudders*
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    sims in sims 4 can chat while dancing????, that is something which i noticed in sims 3, when they are dancing(not exactly together) they can start a chat group between then and gain relationship without stop dancing.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    pinkpuppy12pinkpuppy12 Posts: 71 Member
    The best aspects of the game are the build mode, CAS system, the Gallery being in game (I'm looking at you, Sims 3), and multitasking.

However, in this game I feel like all the sims have really similar personalities. None of them stand out as completely unique. That's something I really miss about TS2. The stories and personalities of the people in that game are so much more interesting. It's a lot easier to get into a game when you feel connected to the characters but with TS4 they all seem so boring. I really hope there's some changes made to the personality system somehow. Because there are so many awesome creation and sharing tools added to this game that the actual gameplay itself doesn't match up.
    tumblr_nd5dlgfEcF1tx5stvo4_500.gif
    <center></center>
  • Options
    Mo0se990Mo0se990 Posts: 140 Member
    The lack of an open world is really my biggest gripe with Sims 4. I feel I only ever go on it just for the awesome CAS. That's about it though :/
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2015
    I grew up on sims 1, moved on with ease to Sims 2, and didn't hesitate to jump to Sims 3 leaving all other makes behind, but Sims 4 is such a struggle to play. I was so excited for Sims 4 to come out but when it did it was just so disappointing that I don't even see it as a real game, Sims 3 is still my go to sims game. The lack of an open world, the camera angle, the fact that when I open the fridge the shelf doesn't freaking close, no toddlers, honestly there is nothing to do in that game. I'm afraid to waste my money on expansions because I fear the gameplay honestly wont be any better. I already feel like I wasted a good $70 just on the base game. Is there anyone else out there that is still just so disappointed by the Sims 4 like I am?

It is OK to feel that way. I felt the same with Sims 3. I have waited for 5 years until a new game got released, luckily I liked it. Since you like open world Sims 4 is not suitable for you. The best option is to continue playing Sims 3 and wait 5 years like I did.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    katycat737 wrote: »
    I'm a huge Sims 1 fan. Sims 2 was a great experience.

I don't like the Sims 3, actually I think I hate it. It was laggy even on my gaming computer, it constantly corrupted my save files (overall corrupted 15 save files, which I spent almost weeks playing each file) , Sims looked like dolls and were really ugly in my opinion, Create a Sim looked almost nothing like they would in actual game play, and it was riddled (still is) with massive amounts of bugs. Being a Katy Perry fan, I actually did love the Katy esque expansion and stuff pack though.

The only saving graces were open world, create a style (which I barely even used) and a color wheel for eyes and stuff.

It's my opinion though, but I think Sims 3 was trash and I much prefer Sims 2/4 over it.

When I mean riddled with bugs I mean I found more bugs in Sims 3 in 1 month than in 1 month in Sims 4

I put my voice here with you.
    All what you said is applicable on me too. TS3 was the biggest flop for me in the franchise.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Which iteration is better is completely based on a person's opinion but over-all these arguments between TS3 being better than TS4 or vice versa have only proven to upset people and cause ruckus in the forums, it's funny how you see people who love TS3 or TS4 say that the opposite party should respect their opinion but comment to a degree where respect for others is nonexistant.

For me, The Sims 4 is better than The Sims 3 but The Sims 3 is still a phenomenal game to me.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    KaceySKaceyS Posts: 2 New Member
    I bought TS4 the day it was released, as I have with all the other releases. I'm a supper fan and Sims addict, however I played TS4 a grand total of 3 times and completely lost interest due to how incredibly disappointed I was with it. Here are my reasons...

1. It took me almost 2 hours to figure out the hot key controls and the most frustrating part of that was trying to figure out how to tilt up and down so I could at least look at the sky.
    2. I feel like I'm in a goldfish bowl. Even when my view is zoomed out, there is far less to see then there was in TS3. It feels claustrophobic.
    3. I got so frustrated trying to figure out how to find and visit the grocery store or other community lots that I just gave up.
    4. No patterns or color customizations?? Seriously??
    5. Only a few open lots to choose to live on? again SERIOUSLY??

I thought this game was going to be an advancement in the series however it's by far the most boring, frustrating and cartoonishly fake version that I ever had the misfortune to play. I know you might not agree with me and you may love TS4 and thats awesome. I'm just bummed that I can't feel the same love and enthusiasm for it, so I will be back in lonely TS3 where there will never be new content and Maxis has clearly left far behind. (Drama for emphasis)
  • Options
    gabriella92italygabriella92italy Posts: 607 Member
    KaceyS wrote: »
    I bought TS4 the day it was released, as I have with all the other releases. I'm a supper fan and Sims addict, however I played TS4 a grand total of 3 times and completely lost interest due to how incredibly disappointed I was with it. Here are my reasons...

1. It took me almost 2 hours to figure out the hot key controls and the most frustrating part of that was trying to figure out how to tilt up and down so I could at least look at the sky.
    2. I feel like I'm in a goldfish bowl. Even when my view is zoomed out, there is far less to see then there was in TS3. It feels claustrophobic.
    3. I got so frustrated trying to figure out how to find and visit the grocery store or other community lots that I just gave up.

I thought this game was going to be an advancement in the series however it's by far the most boring, frustrating and cartoonishly fake version that I ever had the misfortune to play. I know you might not agree with me and you may love TS4 and thats awesome. I'm just bummed that I can't feel the same love and enthusiasm for it, so I will be back in lonely TS3 where there will never be new content and Maxis has clearly left far behind. (Drama for emphasis)

You have the right to complain about this game and I respect your opinion, but why did you get all the packs of TS4 if you hate it? It is a waste of money, considering that you don't enjoy the game
  • Options

You have the right to complain about this game and I respect your opinion, but why did you get all the packs of TS4 if you hate it? It is a waste of money, considering that you don't enjoy the game
    because that is a problem of being a stubborn fan specially here is very common you see peoples complain but still buying in hope get better, the same for sims 3 and probably sims 2, man the sims series is really like a terrible drug if you not becarefull with it, i'm really glad i'm not like that and i treasure my money before buy things, i did the mistake of buy sims 4 deluxe but i'm not sttuborn and maybe stupid or whatever to keep buying things just in hope that things can make the game better, i use the law which if i don't like the base then not gonna be the 9999 will make it better, just gonna make me more angry because i ended wasting every more money.
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    TS3 was a beautifully flawed disaster of a game that I always had a love/hate relationship with. It was getting tired by the end of its run and I'm glad they tried something new. TS4 is not my "ideal" Sims game, by the digital reality is never going to match my perfect vision anyway. I'm only going to buy the add-ons that appeal to me, and I'll let the rest go. TS4 is also deeply flawed, but it has the potential to be a much better game in the long run IMO. TS3 didn't have a truly open world anyway, for the most part it was a series of rabbit holes that your active sim disappeared into. I just wish they would free my games from Origin so that I could uninstall this glitchy, useless resource hog from my desktop. Beyond that I'll still play 3 and 4 as the mood strikes me.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2015
    meubanks wrote: »
    TS3 was a beautifully flawed disaster of a game that I always had a love/hate relationship with. It was getting tired by the end of its run and I'm glad they tried something new. TS4 is not my "ideal" Sims game, by the digital reality is never going to match my perfect vision anyway. I'm only going to buy the add-ons that appeal to me, and I'll let the rest go. TS4 is also deeply flawed, but it has the potential to be a much better game in the long run IMO. TS3 didn't have a truly open world anyway, for the most part it was a series of rabbit holes that your active sim disappeared into. I just wish they would free my games from Origin so that I could uninstall this glitchy, useless resource hog from my desktop. Beyond that I'll still play 3 and 4 as the mood strikes me.
    True. I hate how my sims keep on disappearing when they go to the beach or the park or the karaoke bar or the swimming pool. And how my sims' wife and kids completely vanish and become uncontrollable when I take him there. Oh wait, no, that's 4.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

@KaceyS Modders haven't left TS3! In fact, it has the most active modding community, and TS2 has a lively modding community, still, too.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,658 Member
    Was there any loading screens? Nope, only one, and that's to get into the game. So you can roam around the whole world without any loading screens, I call that open world.

And based on what you said, I guess that means GTA isn't an open world either... *but wait, it is*
  • Options

yeah baby, yeah ts3 full of rabbitholes and empty places:
    Screenshot-6.jpg?1436685926
    Screenshot-5.jpg?1436686038
    Screenshot-2.jpg?1436749677
    Screenshot-5.jpg?1436502079
    i really hate my rabbitholes ;););)

really serious if i could get one cent for each time i see some peoples making some fake statments here about the sims games i could easy already be rich, because your experience was bad but fortunally mine no, my worlds only have rabbitholes for base game careers all others community lots are full open and even my rabbithole restaurants have peoples eating around".
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The Sims 4 is no longer just a base game, so that argument is invalid. But I have heard people say Sims 4+GTW is no where close to Sims 2+OFB which I think is a fair comparison. Point is, if people are still unhappy in almost a year in with the Sims 4, then Maxis should realize something is indeed wrong with their core design and should make effort to fix it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,427 Member
    People are spoiled kids, they are never satisfied.

The Sims 2 was disappointing until The Sims 3 was released
    The Sims 3 was disappointing until The Sims 4 was released.

The Sims 4 will be disappointing until The Sims 5 will be released.

It's the eternal curse of The Sims series.

Even if The Sims 1 was remade, the people will keep on complaining.
  • Options
    People are spoiled kids, they are never satisfied.

The Sims 2 was disappointing until The Sims 3 was released
    The Sims 3 was disappointing until The Sims 4 was released.

The Sims 4 will be disappointing until The Sims 5 will be released.

It's the eternal curse of The Sims series.

Even if The Sims 1 was remade, the people will keep on complaining.
    probably for you, because both sims 2 and sims 3 where glorified and sucessfull games while sims 4 almost died in the 4 first months if not was for sales(remember graham in twitter desesperated asking for peoples to play the game).
    sims 4 was almost a disaster and now is doing "ok".

this is the huge difference sims 2 and sims 3 where games which good imagination and really awesome features, sims 4 was a lack of imagination and problematic and boring features.
  • Options
    Point one: I dislike Sims 3 more than I like Sims 4
    Point two: All Sims games 1 + 2+ 4 are better than Sims 3 in many ways.
    Point Three: I made my point here.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Sims4FunSims4Fun Posts: 26 New Member
    @halimali1980: I second this. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top