Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 is still better than Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Simsister2004 You're seriously suggesting here Sims 4 doesn't have any "silly problems"?

My Sims 4 hasn't. But I admit, that I got my "over the top PC" special built for the game. I also have a graphic card which updates all the time. I feel this is needed because of the bad experiences I have had especially with The Sims 3. What a disappointment, what a total bummer The Sims 3 was for me and my ex computer!
    I've seen loads of serious problems and issues pass by here that go beyond a good graphic card. Besides, even though bugs and glitches are highly irritating, they don't define the quality of the gameplay. You used Sims 2 in your example by the way, not Sims 3.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Bugs discussions will always end to this conclusion: Sims 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 all have bugs. Some experience them only in some of these, others in all. Having a great computer does not necessarily mean that a player won't experience bugs. Bugs are the worst and we all experienced them at some point or another
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Bugs discussions will always end to this conclusion: Sims 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 all have bugs. Some experience them only in some of these, others in all. Having a great computer does not necessarily mean that a player won't experience bugs. Bugs are the worst and we all experienced them at some point or another

I have never experienced many of the bugs that people complain about for TS3.....I know I didn't have any game breaking bugs. With TS4 I seem to get every bug and glitch that comes down the road.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

I have never experienced many of the bugs that people complain about for TS3.....I know I didn't have any game breaking bugs. With TS4 I seem to get every bug and glitch that comes down the road.
    Well, I've had my share ;) And I won't deny it, it's highly irritating and often left me wondering if they'd actually tested the game. Like that utterly silly under water cave problem in Isla Paradiso. But I used this GIF once to visualize me and bugs in Sims 3:

Legolas_zpseqaoqfup.gif

It takes some trouble, inventiveness and agility, but in the end I always reach the other side of the river. And the major point here is that I want to reach that other side. I never ever even for one second considered quiting the game. Because it's such a fun game and I love my family and sims too much. And honestly, generations go by without a bug too.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    xooemilyxooemily Posts: 133 Member
    TS3 is harder to put down than TS4 is, with new good content TS4 has potential.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    MrHawk wrote: »
    ^^ I do.

Mind if I join you? ;)
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    @Simsister2004 You're seriously suggesting here Sims 4 doesn't have any "silly problems"?

My Sims 4 hasn't. But I admit, that I got my "over the top PC" special built for the game. I also have a graphic card which updates all the time. I feel this is needed because of the bad experiences I have had especially with The Sims 3. What a disappointment, what a total bummer The Sims 3 was for me and my ex computer!
    I've seen loads of serious problems and issues pass by here that go beyond a good graphic card. Besides, even though bugs and glitches are highly irritating, they don't define the quality of the gameplay. You used Sims 2 in your example by the way, not Sims 3.

I could give you just as many weird photos from The Sims 3 but I don't have the time to. I am too busy with my work and The Sims 4. Examples from The Sims 3 I can describe: Moving sims from one neighborhood to another made them lose all their relationships, and I had to start from scratch. I was also very tired of the weird jumps from one part of the scene to another in what Sims 3 calls an open neighborhood. Big problems to get generations showing when I wished to play a legacy. I never made it further than 3 generations before they all disappeared. The worst case scenario and the reason why I waited pretty long time before I bought The Sims 4 was the expansion pack I had been looking forward to, Island Paradise. The mermaids lost their tails when they aged up. Sims who wanted to explore the underwater caves were thrown upon the shore, and finally this expansion totally crashed my game. Starting all over was too much. I didn't manage all that disappointment once more.

No wonder I am so pleased with The Sims 4. This game is working!

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Since it is a forum, virtually anything anyone posts should be treated as an opinion, unless otherwise stated.

What I think is annoying though, is when people state "x = y!" without any kind of broadening or justification for their claim, and then get angry if people insert their own outlook on the matter.
    So much this. Honestly if this was believed 90% of the fighting wouldn't occur here on forums. It gets exhausting having to clarify my posts as opinions just because some don't know the difference and have to prove to you they are in the right about everything. It just gets annoying. No one is right about everything. I mean, I can't even get half the stuff I do during the day right. XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Astro wrote: »
    Well, I think TS2 is better than either of them. :mrgreen:
    Yeah I agree with that opinion. The Sims 2 is still my personal favorite of all time. I actually like the Sims 1 better too which may seem weird to some.

My opinion is, that with the computers we had at each time the versions came in stores, to me The Sims 4 is the best running and best all in all, also the gameplay. We had so many - excuse me - silly problems with earlier versions, ALSO The Sims 2, but they are obviously forgotten? some of them caused by the very large BMP files, which is reduced a lot now. to give a bit of examples I can show you this:

After an update, I got too many gardeners, and they all visited the living room, until the game crashed!
    Gartnere.jpg

After a new expansion, we had some really weird graphic problems. Like here, where I suddenly had a TREE standing in the middle of the room INSIDE:
    Tristue.jpg

My poor selfsim - still Sims 2 - has been bathing in the hottub, and look at her. She was "boiling" for the rest of the day.
    BoilingSim.jpg

The poor mom has been potty training her toddler, and this is the result: ARGH!
    Fortryder.jpg

And they walked on water, and got stuck in their dining chairs. Whos does still think that The sims 2 was better?
    WalkingWater.jpg
    GennemStolene.jpg

OH NO

THE SIMS 2 HAD BUGS????

OH GOD IM SO DUMB. This must mean it's gameplay, customization, complete life stages and detailed animation were complete crap. How could I have been playing such an AWFUL game that has BUGS.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ASLLiuejAo
    I love potential.
    Now we need all this potential to go kinetic, as it were.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Darkling wrote: »
    ^^ I do.

Mind if I join you? ;)

Me too. I'm not going ask, I will just join whether he likes it or not ;)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited April 2016
    ^^ I do.

Mind if I join you? ;)

Not at all, my dear.

d3c0952f85e691a51e81fabf9283cd58.jpg
    Pary wrote: »
    ^^ I do.

Mind if I join you? ;)

Me too. I'm not going ask, I will just join whether he likes it or not ;)

There's room for all!!!!

d4feef36a6fa873e96ebe73a3ef63748.jpg
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Gorgeous pictures !
    I love those shoes... ( and I'm normally a barefoot hippie ! )
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I could give you just as many weird photos from The Sims 3 but I don't have the time to. I am too busy with my work and The Sims 4. Examples from The Sims 3 I can describe: Moving sims from one neighborhood to another made them lose all their relationships, and I had to start from scratch. I was also very tired of the weird jumps from one part of the scene to another in what Sims 3 calls an open neighborhood. Big problems to get generations showing when I wished to play a legacy. I never made it further than 3 generations before they all disappeared. The worst case scenario and the reason why I waited pretty long time before I bought The Sims 4 was the expansion pack I had been looking forward to, Island Paradise. The mermaids lost their tails when they aged up. Sims who wanted to explore the underwater caves were thrown upon the shore, and finally this expansion totally crashed my game. Starting all over was too much. I didn't manage all that disappointment once more.

No wonder I am so pleased with The Sims 4. This game is working!
    No, moving sims from one neighborhood to another in Sims 3 doesn't make them lose their relationships, you won't even get a loading screen. If you mean worlds: sims in one household keep their relationships so I always make sure I put family members in one household. Other relationships are easily restored. Sims 3 has a very user friendly system where it comes to saving your sims to the bin and putting them in a new game. And you don't have to start from scratch because everything is preserved. Skills, visa points, inventory, everything but wishes.
    And I don't think we can count things you get tired of here, I don't even understand what you mean there. Let's stick to facts. What do you mean with generations showing..? I'm about to start generation 21. Nobody ever disappeared. What's more: even the dead ancestors never disappeared, they're safe in their grave and I can resurrect them any time I want to. And my resurrected generation 9 sim can still catch a death fish, granny from generation 5 can cook a perfect meal and her dead son is still a highly skilled photographer.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    We can continue this discussion when my favourite sims 3 pack, Island Paradise has been fixed and is working properly. But don't count on it, because I am like: Never Sims 3 again. And even if it's a surprise to you I prefer Sims 4 any time.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    In Sims 3, I was the only Sim in the venue. When I go to clubs in Sims 2 and 4, there are always other people to hang out with. I was told I'm supposed to look for hotspots and make sure there are more sims than venues. I don't know, sounds like a lot of work. Sims 4 is prettier and more populated. I also love the club system.

I do feel Sims 3 was a lot more fleshed out in terms of the actual Sims. I haven't played it in awhile, but I think the insane sims did more than just talk to themselves once in a while. I also miss color wheel and memories.

There are bugs in all Sims games.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    In Sims 3, I was the only Sim in the venue. When I go to clubs in Sims 2 and 4, there are always other people to hang out with. I was told I'm supposed to look for hotspots and make sure there are more sims than venues. I don't know, sounds like a lot of work. Sims 4 is prettier and more populated. I also love the club system.

I do feel Sims 3 was a lot more fleshed out in terms of the actual Sims. I haven't played it in awhile, but I think the insane sims did more than just talk to themselves once in a while. I also miss color wheel and memories.

There are bugs in all Sims games.

I had this problem too, until I played on a better graphics card, the GTX 970. Sims were everywhere, and venues (active or not) had a lot of activity.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    We can continue this discussion when my favourite sims 3 pack, Island Paradise has been fixed and is working properly. But don't count on it, because I am like: Never Sims 3 again. And even if it's a surprise to you I prefer Sims 4 any time.
    Not protesting against your IP observations. The cave thing makes me mad everytime it happens. I've even adressed that on page 18. Bugs and glitches are highly annoying and in some cases uncalled for (when they spoil one of the gameplay features like the caves). But I rather play a highly immersive and good game that allows me to make my own choices about virtually everything with a few issues, than a lineair game with great graphics that becomes boring after two hours. And I know that doesn't go for everyone, but all I mean by that is: the "Sims 2 had glitches too" argument you used makes no sense. I do understand by the way Sims 3 is terrible for people who constantly have freezing/lagging/crashing. Not everybody does though, somehow.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    The only game I have a problem with is the Sims 4, I never had problems that everyone talks about for any of the other Sims games 1 to 3, ( Knocks on Wood ), Sims 4 has made Me lose My creations like 3 to 4 times now, and I have had to uninstall and reinstall the game to many times to count, So for Me the Sims 4 is the worst one yet, Yes it is pretty and all that, But I hope that they get their act together and Fix it, and start adding content that ALL of us like not just for some, I Want Gothic Stuff adding, Vamps, Werewolves , Grave Yards, ect, and That is My Opinion bout it.
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    Sims 3 was better in letting us be creative. We had access to an infinite number of styles and fashion, giving us the tools to set up the atmosphere for our sims to grow into. The art style helped with this also, because a small touch of realism is helpful when trying to get immersed into a virtual world. And those virtual worlds were a lot more diversified in themes too, as in Sims 4 all we have is a rich American suburb full of sunshine and over saturated colors.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    Sims 3 was better in letting us be creative. We had access to an infinite number of styles and fashion, giving us the tools to set up the atmosphere for our sims to grow into. The art style helped with this also, because a small touch of realism is helpful when trying to get immersed into a virtual world. And those virtual worlds were a lot more diversified in themes too, as in Sims 4 all we have is a rich American suburb full of sunshine and over saturated colors.

Well, we only have 4 new worlds since launch, with 1 of them being BG. Granite Falls pretty much captures the camping experience and Windenburg isn't really an American suburb, and at least tries giving a bunch of different themes within the one world. I do think though that they should start at least giving different styles of suburbs, as there are many different and unique types of suburbs all across America.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Windenburg was supposed to be inspired by South Germany....

I don't see why they have to be based on American suburbs. I hope we will get a bigger variety of different places from all over the world.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016

Well, we only have 4 new worlds since launch, with 1 of them being BG. Granite Falls pretty much captures the camping experience and Windenburg isn't really an American suburb, and at least tries giving a bunch of different themes within the one world. I do think though that they should start at least giving different styles of suburbs, as there are many different and unique types of suburbs all across America.
    I can't stand suburbia actually. I want complete new environments. Like why can't we have villages or something else? Why does it have to be suburbia? As a builder I want as many options as possible. I should be able to make a trailer park look like a trailer park. I don't need everything to look perfect all the time.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I can't stand suburbia actually. I want complete new environments. Like why can't we have villages or something else? Why does it have to be suburbia? As a builder I want as many options as possible. I should be able to make a trailer park look like a trailer park. I don't need everything to look perfect all the time.

I do want them to create different types of them, or to make the surrounding area more empty, so that it's easier to create the types of neighborhoods you want. If they do release another Newcrest-type world, I want them to add more lots, more lot sizes, and tone down on the surrounding decoration to make the neighborhoods feel more customizable.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    Now that I seen some comments pointing out the open world views and all the possibilities, I opened my sims 3 game and played for 30 mins and I tell you.... I was completely immersed. TS4 Is completely a no-go for me.

I LOVE the open world. I love that I can send a Sim to a lot, play with them, and with a click I quickly can go to another Sim in my household to see what they're up to. As you said, it's very immersing.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top