The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 is still better than Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    me i much prefer the sims4 and the fact thT I Cn fully turn off aging and have my game like the sims1 with non aging sims for me the sims2 and sims3 are outdated since when i move on to a new game i barely touch the old games in the series

But if you can have your game - Sims 4 - like Sims 1 doesn't that make Sims 4 really outdated?
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    me i much prefer the sims4 and the fact thT I Cn fully turn off aging and have my game like the sims1 with non aging sims for me the sims2 and sims3 are outdated since when i move on to a new game i barely touch the old games in the series

But if you can have your game - Sims 4 - like Sims 1 doesn't that make Sims 4 really outdated?

well not for me because i clearly dislike the aging system and much prefer not to let my sims age sorry its just my choice of how i want to play the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @friendlysimers, nobody wants the aging settings taken away. I always play with aging off on my favorite Sims but sometimes age up one or two of them. I would be miserable if I no longer had the option to turn it back on or make one age up with a cake. No one wants features removed. But if you keep playing with aging off someday Rachel will look at the telemetry and say aging wasn't being used and we go back to The Sims aging system where they never turn into adults even with the option on or off, it could all be gone in TS5. But I play with aging off too, except for townies, I rarely care about townies. I want them to age to make it seem more realistic in a nonsensical way.

But I don't want them to one day look at telemetry of the TS4 and say no one was using aging so let's just nerf it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    I like to have the option to keep sims of my choice 'young'. I still want an aging system, though.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    *Feels a bit confused* You could turn off aging in the earlier games too. TS3 even had sliders per age group to set lifespans if you wanted aging at some custom rate. Yet now TS4 is superior because you can turn off aging? I guess I don't get it. *shrugs*

(Kind of makes me wonder how many here have really -played- TS3 and earlier.)

You are right there you can turn off aging in the older games i have aging off in my Sims3 and have my fav sim at age 450 as youge adult. So where do these sims4 players get at when they say this.It is cunfusing to me a well.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Initially I was very pleased with what was shown. The art style was fresh and the worlds looked amazing. CAS was given a major overhaul, and the ability to freely move different "rooms" for building was awesome.

Unfortunately the good started to get outweighed by the bad. I've played Sims 1, 2, and 3; which each I realized there would be differences. The most profound differences came in the form of improvements to the game(s).

Sims 2 was revolutionary, it introduced not only a full 3D atmosphere but also aging AND astounding genetics on top of great gameplay. It was the best follow up we could have asked for.

Sims 3 wasn't revolutionary, but it offered an ambitious new approach to the game that had never been done before. Universal aging & simulation within a seamless world. For the first time you could go anywhere, if you wanted your sim to go take a jog they no longer disappeared they would jog around town. It added the ability to customize almost every object in the game, in game without having to download any additional content. That's certainly a noteworthy feature that's slowly becoming more and more standard in many games. It had its fair share of problems, but most of them were corrected by modders. If a modder can do it, EA can do it.

The Sims 4 looked awesome at GamesCom 2013. Granted we knew little about it, but what they were saying sounded awesome. Skip ahead to September 2014 I was floored at how empty the game was. I knew it wouldn't ship with many different things, so It was already no shock that there were no ghosts, pools, toddlers, etc. I figured the game had to make up for it somehow. Wrong. Dead wrong. They had all of these shiny new features with incredibly weak gameplay to back them up. Almost all of the game was built around the mindset of accomplishing goals, and completing aspirations. The game was bare of content, and what was there was incredibly dry. Even after they threw ghosts, and pools in the game still wasn't any better. It's like washing your hair: rinse, lather, repeat and never ends.

The packs they've come out with, are simply not adding too much. When you release a game that is as empty as Sims 4, your first DLC should be great. It was more of the same, with a half baked retail system tacked on. GT, which could have been a promising sandbox EP suffered from a lack of new content. They put out a pack centered on clubs, and expected the base game's lack of content to be a wide enough variety to make clubs compelling. Again, dead wrong. I don't want my clubs doing the same mundane activities they had already been doing, I wanted fresh new content and activities. What I got, was a rehash of base game stuff, with some nightlife themed stuff thrown in. I have yet to see content that was not created with YA in mind. I haven't been impressed, and I don't plan on buying anymore content until the game starts to improve.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Initially I was very pleased with what was shown. The art style was fresh and the worlds looked amazing. CAS was given a major overhaul, and the ability to freely move different "rooms" for building was awesome.

Unfortunately the good started to get outweighed by the bad. I've played Sims 1, 2, and 3; which each I realized there would be differences. The most profound differences came in the form of improvements to the game(s).

Sims 2 was revolutionary, it introduced not only a full 3D atmosphere but also aging AND astounding genetics on top of great gameplay. It was the best follow up we could have asked for.

Sims 3 wasn't revolutionary, but it offered an ambitious new approach to the game that had never been done before. Universal aging & simulation within a seamless world. For the first time you could go anywhere, if you wanted your sim to go take a jog they no longer disappeared they would jog around town. It added the ability to customize almost every object in the game, in game without having to download any additional content. That's certainly a noteworthy feature that's slowly becoming more and more standard in many games. It had its fair share of problems, but most of them were corrected by modders. If a modder can do it, EA can do it.

The Sims 4 looked awesome at GamesCom 2013. Granted we knew little about it, but what they were saying sounded awesome. Skip ahead to September 2014 I was floored at how empty the game was. I knew it wouldn't ship with many different things, so It was already no shock that there were no ghosts, pools, toddlers, etc. I figured the game had to make up for it somehow. Wrong. Dead wrong. They had all of these shiny new features with incredibly weak gameplay to back them up. Almost all of the game was built around the mindset of accomplishing goals, and completing aspirations. The game was bare of content, and what was there was incredibly dry. Even after they threw ghosts, and pools in the game still wasn't any better. It's like washing your hair: rinse, lather, repeat and never ends.

The packs they've come out with, are simply not adding too much. When you release a game that is as empty as Sims 4, your first DLC should be great. It was more of the same, with a half baked retail system tacked on. GT, which could have been a promising sandbox EP suffered from a lack of new content. They put out a pack centered on clubs, and expected the base game's lack of content to be a wide enough variety to make clubs compelling. Again, dead wrong. I don't want my clubs doing the same mundane activities they had already been doing, I wanted fresh new content and activities. What I got, was a rehash of base game stuff, with some nightlife themed stuff thrown in. I have yet to see content that was not created with YA in mind. I haven't been impressed, and I don't plan on buying anymore content until the game starts to improve.

This was a very well written post, and I agree with virtually everything you said.

I do think, however, TS3 was revolutionary for the franchise in many ways. Its insane creative tools and customization features allowed for complete control over every little aspect of our Sims and their world, which to me, are the true qualities of a game worthy of a tag line "You Rule". Throw in open world, and it really changed things up, which was and continues to be needed.

TS3's downfall was its bad optimization and faults during development. There was also a problem in design, where the developers sometimes favored the world over the Sims in some areas, and vise versa in others. Both could have and should have been better.

Which leads into the next point -- TS4 should have and could have taken the open world concept, and vastly improved upon it. Modders themselves fixed the game, or at least remedied its issues for thousands that have utilized their fan-made mods, and who is to say EA could not have been capable of doing this themselves, with a new foundation? Even if they didn't do a full open world, the world format could have been so much better than what we have now, and way more expansive than these small, lame excuses for worlds. Their definition of a new foundation is seemingly one that is barebones, but can support dozens of DLC packs you throw at it. My definition of a new foundation is tabula rasa, a new slate to work upon.

Instead, they scrapped the two monumental features TS3 introduced to the franchise, horribly replicated the monumental genetics and family elements of TS2, and the monumental charm and humor of TS1 is butchered.
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    roman2886 wrote: »
    for me sims 3 is still better than sims 4 i never played sims 4.

• Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Now that I seen some comments pointing out the open world views and all the possibilities, I opened my sims 3 game and played for 30 mins and I tell you.... I was completely immersed. TS4 Is completely a no-go for me.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,658 Member
    Well, I think TS2 is better than either of them. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with that opinion. The Sims 2 is still my personal favorite of all time. I actually like the Sims 1 better too which may seem weird to some.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,658 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with that opinion. The Sims 2 is still my personal favorite of all time. I actually like the Sims 1 better too which may seem weird to some.

I do love the music from TS1. :)
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Sims 1 had the best EPs! I know....they were bigger cause there were fewer etc. But what I mean is: Making Magic was AMAZING, Superstar was the only celebrity EP in Sims, where you could actually have so much fun with the careers. It was really hard to climb up that career ladder and it was an active career. The music was amazing, too.

Sims 2 is easily the best. The premade Sims had amazing back stories and it was so much fun to create stories using the memory and biography and family tree features!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sims 1 had the best EPs! I know....they were bigger cause there were fewer etc. But what I mean is: Making Magic was AMAZING, Superstar was the only celebrity EP in Sims, where you could actually have so much fun with the careers. It was really hard to climb up that career ladder and it was an active career. The music was amazing, too.

Sims 2 is easily the best. The premade Sims had amazing back stories and it was so much fun to create stories using the memory and biography and family tree features!
    It must be so amazing to have the monopoly on the truth! Can we also consult you about political issues? Music? Films? Art?

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    I don't see how it's so hard to see an "is" as having an added an added, silent "in my opinion." If it screams "opinion," just take it as that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I don't see how it's so hard to see an "is" as having an added an added, silent "in my opinion." If it screams "opinion," just take it as that.
    The issue is, it so often doesn't scream opinion at all, it screams fact. And I think all those factual presented opinions are responsable for the atmosphere on these boards. Having said that, I hate my own sarcastic tone there, so I apologize for that.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Since it is a forum, virtually anything anyone posts should be treated as an opinion, unless otherwise stated.

What I think is annoying though, is when people state "x = y!" without any kind of broadening or justification for their claim, and then get angry if people insert their own outlook on the matter.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Okay, here it is for you: IT WAS AN OPINION.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member

My opinion is, that with the computers we had at each time the versions came in stores, to me The Sims 4 is the best running and best all in all, also the gameplay. We had so many - excuse me - silly problems with earlier versions, ALSO The Sims 2, but they are obviously forgotten? some of them caused by the very large BMP files, which is reduced a lot now. to give a bit of examples I can show you this:

After an update, I got too many gardeners, and they all visited the living room, until the game crashed!
    Gartnere.jpg

After a new expansion, we had some really weird graphic problems. Like here, where I suddenly had a TREE standing in the middle of the room INSIDE:
    Tristue.jpg

My poor selfsim - still Sims 2 - has been bathing in the hottub, and look at her. She was "boiling" for the rest of the day.
    BoilingSim.jpg

The poor mom has been potty training her toddler, and this is the result: ARGH!
    Fortryder.jpg

And they walked on water, and got stuck in their dining chairs. Whos does still think that The sims 2 was better?
    WalkingWater.jpg
    GennemStolene.jpg

• Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    ^^ I do.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Yes Sims 3 is a lot better then Sims 4 will ever be, due to the fact that Sims 3 won't make you lose the creations you worked so hard on , and make you have to re-do them in order to re-add to gallery.
  • Options
    @Simsister2004 You're seriously suggesting here Sims 4 doesn't have any "silly problems"?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

My opinion is, that with the computers we had at each time the versions came in stores, to me The Sims 4 is the best running and best all in all, also the gameplay. We had so many - excuse me - silly problems with earlier versions, ALSO The Sims 2, but they are obviously forgotten? some of them caused by the very large BMP files, which is reduced a lot now. to give a bit of examples I can show you this:

We all have out opinions but I do think, without a doubt, that TS2 is far, far better than TS4. The game play, which is the most important part to me, is intricate, in depth, immersive, humorous and just all around more thoughtful.

I never had the problems that people talk about in TS3. Could be I respected the limitations of my computer and didn't try to play all the EPs or have a gazillion pieces of CC on a machine that just wasn't up to it....?

Your potty training pic? How about some baby butt from TS4?

Sims4-Baby-Bug.png
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Simsister2004 You're seriously suggesting here Sims 4 doesn't have any "silly problems"?

My Sims 4 hasn't. But I admit, that I got my "over the top PC" special built for the game. I also have a graphic card which updates all the time. I feel this is needed because of the bad experiences I have had especially with The Sims 3. What a disappointment, what a total bummer The Sims 3 was for me and my ex computer!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top