The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 is still better than Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    I'll admit that the game has improved some but there are so many things that need to be fixed.

The trouble is, while they have patched in a number of new things, after two years The Sims 4 still hasn't reached the base game of either 2 or 3.

Yes at this rate it would take around five years to catch up.

And a whole lot of $$$ to unlock "potential"..
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @JoAnne65 I do in fact like that they all have a different atmosphere like in Sims 2. I pretend they are in different countries (like in Europe where they are close but all different). I do wish they had a few more lots, especially with starter houses, but I haven't filled all the houses up yet since it takes a long time to rotate the way I do.

When it comes to the open world, I enjoyed having it, don't get me wrong. It just de-stabilized my game so much and I would play for 20 minutes and it crashed and loading it would take up to 30 minutes, for no apparent reason. The sims would take forever to drive from one part of the neighbourhood to another, so sometimes by the time they got there, I could already leave. I know lots of people want realism as much as possible in their game, but I don't really need that to enjoy the game. I like that in Sims 4, the loading screens take only a few seconds, the game starts in seconds and you can go quickly wherever you want, plus it has never crashed on my computer :) (If the loading screens were like WA, I would have been angry, they took forever to me and I loved travelling, so that made it difficult). I am actually more out and about with my Sims than in other iterations. Don't get me wrong, the open world definitely had its perks, but I don't need it really. (I am happy though that neighbourhoods like Windenburg are a lot more open.

I know lots of the problem might have something to do with my computer, however I know lots of people who had problems with the Sims 3 on their computer. My computer is quite good, but I am not a gamer, this is the only game I play and have been playing since Sims 1. Buying a really expensive gaming computer for one game just doesn't make sense to me and some other simmers might not be able to afford them either. Lots of simmers don't have gaming computers I assume, so I am glad they made Sims 4 so that an average person with an average computer can enjoy the game again :)

Hope this helps a bit! But don't refrain from asking, if something is unclear :)
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, I can see why loading screens work better when you had performance issues in 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I'll admit that the game has improved some but there are so many things that need to be fixed.

The trouble is, while they have patched in a number of new things, after two years The Sims 4 still hasn't reached the base game of either 2 or 3.

And a whole lot of $$$ to unlock "potential"..

Haha or not if you wait for that potential from the base to be realised first! ;)
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    Don't think its better, it's just different.
    Sims 4 is just more lively in my opinion
    I love the open world in sims 3, but the streets are very empty.
    Bridgeport is suppose to be a city, but you see hardly any sims on the streets.
    Both games, have things I like and dislike, but if I have to pick which is better, I would go with 4.
  • Options
    StefanTanFanStefanTanFan Posts: 24 Member
    Ok guys, don't panic please! Let's wait for Sims 5 and things will get better!

@Kaantje - If your PC can hold to it, you can add more sims in the neighborhood, in fact you can overfill it. I think the default settings for worlds are picked that way so everybody can use the worlds on average computers.
  • Options
    @Stefantanfan I have a good pc and I did fill it with more sims, but still the same problem. Maybe a sim or 2 by the food-truck or 4 sims in the festival park, but that's about it. The only way I saw more sims was when I played smaller worlds. And in smaller worlds you can't put all the different expansion pack lots in. In sims 4 every world is connected so you don't have that problem. Something I also like of sims 4.
  • Options
    Streets are indeed quite empty, it's lots that fill up when you have a better computer. Bridgeport is the only world where it bothers me though, because it's a city. I'm looking through my window right now and the street is completely empty here. (ok, it's raining but still :p ) I remember people saying Windenburg was quite empty as well by the way? Or did they fix that?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Streets are indeed quite empty, it's lots that fill up when you have a better computer. Bridgeport is the only world where it bothers me though, because it's a city. I'm looking through my window right now and the street is completely empty here. (ok, it's raining but still :p ) I remember people saying Windenburg was quite empty as well by the way? Or did they fix that?

Yes, windenburg is more empty then other worlds, but still not as empty as sims 3 worlds. I see people walking by my windows from time to time and the little park has mostly sims playing chest.
  • Options
    I got what you mean now. :) Have you both tried this? Nraas Story Progression Mod.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Yeah there is a 20 Sim limit with all the lots. I don't think they are changing it. I asked already.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Astro wrote: »
    Well, I think TS2 is better than either of them. :mrgreen:
    Yeah I agree with that opinion. The Sims 2 is still my personal favorite of all time. I actually like the Sims 1 better too which may seem weird to some.

My opinion is, that with the computers we had at each time the versions came in stores, to me The Sims 4 is the best running and best all in all, also the gameplay. We had so many - excuse me - silly problems with earlier versions, ALSO The Sims 2, but they are obviously forgotten? some of them caused by the very large BMP files, which is reduced a lot now. to give a bit of examples I can show you this:

After an update, I got too many gardeners, and they all visited the living room, until the game crashed!
    Gartnere.jpg

After a new expansion, we had some really weird graphic problems. Like here, where I suddenly had a TREE standing in the middle of the room INSIDE:
    Tristue.jpg

My poor selfsim - still Sims 2 - has been bathing in the hottub, and look at her. She was "boiling" for the rest of the day.
    BoilingSim.jpg

The poor mom has been potty training her toddler, and this is the result: ARGH!
    Fortryder.jpg

And they walked on water, and got stuck in their dining chairs. Whos does still think that The sims 2 was better?
    WalkingWater.jpg
    GennemStolene.jpg

Never had any of these problems myself
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

@Kaantje - If your PC can hold to it, you can add more sims in the neighborhood, in fact you can overfill it. I think the default settings for worlds are picked that way so everybody can use the worlds on average computers.

I am also looking forward to TS5 :smile:

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Cheers! :smiley:
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with that opinion. The Sims 2 is still my personal favorite of all time. I actually like the Sims 1 better too which may seem weird to some.

My opinion is, that with the computers we had at each time the versions came in stores, to me The Sims 4 is the best running and best all in all, also the gameplay. We had so many - excuse me - silly problems with earlier versions, ALSO The Sims 2, but they are obviously forgotten? some of them caused by the very large BMP files, which is reduced a lot now. to give a bit of examples I can show you this:

After an update, I got too many gardeners, and they all visited the living room, until the game crashed!
    Gartnere.jpg

After a new expansion, we had some really weird graphic problems. Like here, where I suddenly had a TREE standing in the middle of the room INSIDE:
    Tristue.jpg

My poor selfsim - still Sims 2 - has been bathing in the hottub, and look at her. She was "boiling" for the rest of the day.
    BoilingSim.jpg

Fortryder.jpg

And they walked on water, and got stuck in their dining chairs. Whos does still think that The sims 2 was better?
    WalkingWater.jpg
    GennemStolene.jpg

I had the uni mascot get the 'swimming' effects even after he got out of the pool but that's about all as far as TS2 goes.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

Gartnere.jpg

Tristue.jpg

BoilingSim.jpg

Fortryder.jpg

WalkingWater.jpg
    GennemStolene.jpg

I had the uni mascot get the 'swimming' effects even after he got out of the pool but that's about all as far as TS2 goes.
    I don't really get the change of subject in this chain of quotes anyway. A game can very well be your favourite even when it had some glitches. Besides, as far as glitches go, every Sims game had and has them, including Sims 4.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member

Just in time for.... THE SIMS 5!! ;)
  • Options
    ShadowLabrysShadowLabrys Posts: 281 Member
    I personaly dont have a favorite I have love every sim made (including 4) and i do understand how as of right now sims 3 has more features then sims 4 but im not ready to give up on sims 4 i still believe its gonna be great so if you guys can still give it time if not then go back to other sims :) which is totally ok
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

Just in time for.... THE SIMS 5!! ;)

That's what makes me laugh, by the time TS4 could be 'at base level' along with all the EPs, GPs and SPs there would already be a TS5 on its way which could be either really good or really empty.

We will just have to see I guess...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited May 2016
    that was my thought with TS3 after it was evident that the devs are done with apartments & there will be no better business, shops & restaurants :expressionless:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    A lot of simmers seem to think Sims 5 will be the ultimate simming experience after the disappointment (for me at least) of 4, you know, the "true" sequel to 1, 2 and 3. But judging by 4, I am not expecting anything more than a mobile app. I really hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited May 2016
    As far as the streets being empty in Sims 3, that is the fault of EA/Maxis not tweaking to get the best of it's program. Yes, you have more Sims around now but at what cost which affects me and maybe not others because you now cut major features to achieve that effect instead of tweaking the program to get the most out of it and that is not called progress because yes, you have emotions and the game runs better but again at cost and loading screens was reintroduced and that is called regression. Sims 4 is not bad but it's growth for me is stagnated because there is some features that may not be possible such as neighborhood creation tools, terrain editing and lot creation tools which in my eyes are essential and frees my dependence on EA/Maxis on creating for me but that may never happen and now must wait for EA/Maxis and how often will that happen. You can't even move the existing lots which reeks. :# so the question is how much do you rule? All in all for me Sims 3 is the better game even if Sims 4 is not complete.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    mchristy1963mchristy1963 Posts: 29 Member
    After playing sims 4 on and off since its inception, I have finally decided to quit playing the game for good. After introducing transgendering into the game so it can be Politically Correct was the last straw... the game itself was not that much fun to play as it was, with no really interesting and fun simpacks coming out, but now with crap like this, Ill go back to Sims 3, which was a much better platform even WITH all its bugs than Sims 4 will ever be.

See ya S4
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    After playing sims 4 on and off since its inception, I have finally decided to quit playing the game for good. After introducing transgendering into the game so it can be Politically Correct was the last straw... the game itself was not that much fun to play as it was, with no really interesting and fun simpacks coming out, but now with plum like this, Ill go back to Sims 3, which was a much better platform even WITH all its bugs than Sims 4 will ever be.

See ya S4

Yup if I don't get My type of game play soon, I just might be joining ya , I still play Sims 2 and 3, so it will be a lot easier for Me to just stop Sims 4 and go play those without having to re-add them into My computer, I will give Sims 4 a little more time, but not much more, cause why bother buying all the pack's if None of it has any of the item's I am looking for?, So see ya on the flip side mchristy1963, :).
  • Options
    DilaxerDilaxer Posts: 270 Member
    edited June 2016
    Sims 3 hands down. It hurts for me to say it, but... (I hope my wallet won't start crying) I find sims 3 base game more fun than sims 4 and it's packs combined! :s I'm not sure if it's only me, but I feel that get together and get to work are lacking content that's worth 40$ they are charging us. Dine out is my favourite pack, and yet it didn't hold my interest for longer than 3 days or so. I'm having great time with sims 3 and don't think I'll pick sims 4 over it anytime soon:sunglasses:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top