The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 is still better than Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    scoobyshagggydooscoobyshagggydoo Posts: 6 New Member
    The only thing that I prefer in the Sims 4 is the character designing. I love how you can mess around with it more freely than in the Sims 3. Now, if they could put that into the Sims 3...
  • Options
    XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    I personally like Sims 4 more. I'm not really bothered by the lack of an open world and some Bugs here and there (Sims 3 had far more... and the Sims 4-Team always tries to change that with the Patches). The CAS is nice and the options so far satisfy me, but there is clearly a huge growth potential... More EPs, GPs and so on are still a matter of time. The whole Sims 3 Gameplay wasn't made in one year either. Sims 4 is on a good way, I think. Especially after the Gender CAS-Change, that shocked a lot of people xD So, I have a good hope, that Sims 4 will bring a lot of new and old stuff back and make the Game better and better.
  • Options
    Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    Sims 3 is my favorite out of the series, so I personally think it's much better than Sims 4.

Saying anything is much better than The Sims 4 isn't saying much considering where that bar is set. :lol:

I went back to playing The Sims 3 awhile ago. I haven't totally given up hope for The Sims 4, but it will probably wait until EA/Maxis actually puts out content that I think will add substantively to gameplay.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Sims 3 is my favorite out of the series, so I personally think it's much better than Sims 4.

Saying anything is much better than The Sims 4 isn't saying much considering where that bar is set. :lol:

I went back to playing The Sims 3 awhile ago. I haven't totally given up hope for The Sims 4, but it will probably wait until EA/Maxis actually puts out content that I think will add substantively to gameplay.

For me it's not always the content. It's the way it's done and how it's not at all "you rule". With TS3 I built so many great community lots and I could put what I wanted on them. The other day I gave in and bought DO and tried to make a "greasy spoon" kind of burger joint. The game gave me a list of what I had to have on the lot.....so my burger joint has to have a host/hostess station? When was the last time you walked into that kind of diner and was seated by a hostess....sure.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    XMachiaX wrote: »
    The CAS is nice and the options so far satisfy me, but there is clearly a huge growth potential... More EPs, GPs and so on are still a matter of time. The whole Sims 3 Gameplay wasn't made in one year either. Sims 4 is on a good way, I think. Especially after the Gender CAS-Change, that shocked a lot of people xD So, I have a good hope, that Sims 4 will bring a lot of new and old stuff back and make the Game better and better.

I wish I could be as excited, but "potential" is moot if after 2 years you barely even have staples of the previous games like maids, police, and burglars. These NCPs CAN be integrated (as we've seen with the gardener) but they just haven't been. 2 years in -_-

The game may not be complete yet, but these parts of the gameplay were all included within the old basegame AND THEN some, like terrain and lot tools, transportation, etcetera. I don't think that anyone is naive enough to expect Seasons, Pets and Supernaturals right off the bat -that has simply never been the problem. When the most basic things were and still are missing two years in it makes the potential of the game worthless.

I do think that this game can be so much more, but because of management/budget/misdirection/complacency it's just not happening and it's made me lose faith as a fan.
    Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    edited June 2016
    TS3 is a better game. Novel ideas (open world, CASt, traits/specific aspirations, etc.) and a lot of things to do to keep you entertained in live mode, not to mention build mode. However, I can barely play my game anymore. I don't have loads of CC (although yes, I could cut back) and it was glitchy ever since Seasons came out. I own all the expansion packs and my game is so bloated and laggy, it feels unplayable. I use mods to help with the crashing, but even at that there are still some issues. Maybe if it was installed on a higher-end computer that would fix things, but it's not like I'm using a dinosaur of a computer to play the game. TS3 has some serious technical issues that I don't find TS4 has. But, one could argue that's because they omitted many things from the game in favor of stability, and it's debatable whether that was a good choice or not.

That being said, I really love the clean look of TS4, the animations, and the smoothness/stability of the game in comparison to TS3. I'm making a more permanent transition to TS4 but trust me, TS3 will always be the game for me. I was so excited with every EP release, not to mention the release of TS3 itself! I watched the trailer with the politician throwing a party at his house (in Sunset Valley, the one divided into two with the pool in-between) and his roommate? cooking in the kitchen, etc. etc. and was so excited by everything the game had to offer. It's unfortunate and undeniable that TS3 had its own performance issues that made it a nightmare to play for some.
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    ts3 is so much better. like comparing apples to sloth moss.

The Sims 3 will only be AS GOOD AS The Sims 4, when you will be able to play it without all the bugs. Are you playing Sims 3 Island Paradise? Has the bugs with mermaid tails falling off when they age up being fixed? Has the bug with sims being thrown up on land when exploring the caves been fixed? Island Paradise was a big bummer to me, the bummer that made me say: Never Sims 3 anymore!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

The Sims 3 will only be AS GOOD AS The Sims 4, when you will be able to play it without all the bugs. Are you playing Sims 3 Island Paradise? Has the bugs with mermaid tails falling off when they age up being fixed? Has the bug with sims being thrown up on land when exploring the caves been fixed? Island Paradise was a big bummer to me, the bummer that made me say: Never Sims 3 anymore!
    The bug with mermaid tails I'm unfamiliar with, the cave bug is one of the biggest scandals in this franchise. Sims 3 is more than one EP though and IP is more than under water caves (though the reason it's the biggest scandal in the franchise is in fact that it spoils two major features in the game, exploring the islands and scuba diving). One feature in one EP doesn't make a game good or bad in general.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2016

For me it's not always the content. It's the way it's done and how it's not at all "you rule". With TS3 I built so many great community lots and I could put what I wanted on them. The other day I gave in and bought DO and tried to make a "greasy spoon" kind of burger joint. The game gave me a list of what I had to have on the lot.....so my burger joint has to have a host/hostess station? When was the last time you walked into that kind of diner and was seated by a hostess....sure.

See, it's stuff like this that really gets to me about TS4. It's your burger joint, and you're supposed to "rule." So, why is the game telling you what to do? The massive amount of hand holding and restrictions was just a no-go for the way I like to play. This general lack of player choice (when compared to the previous games) is a huge reason why I don't think I'll ever be able to put TS4 on the same level as the others.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

The bug with mermaid tails I'm unfamiliar with, the cave bug is one of the biggest scandals in this franchise. Sims 3 is more than one EP though and IP is more than under water caves (though the reason it's the biggest scandal in the franchise is in fact that it spoils two major features in the game, exploring the islands and scuba diving). One feature in one EP doesn't make a game good or bad in general.

Actually I know the Cave thing was fixed - but don't know about the mermaid tails as I never saw an issue with them as long as you periodically sent the mermaids swimming in the ocean. I heard they would lose the tails if you didn't send them ocean swimming every couple of days. So always sent them swimming and never once lost their tails. The cave issue was fixed a long time ago.

Now what they never fixed was a lot of the issues with some of the worlds - IP in particular had a lot of issues - and also the issues with the schools that were attached to gyms - they caused a lot of lag so it was best not to use those two school/ gym combos in any world. There was a lot of routing issues in IP as well as some of the other worlds - if you fixed them yourself or used the fixed versions a simmer over at modthesims fixed - there was hardly any lag at all in Sims 3. Also IP has a couple of troublesome families too that need killed off or fixed. If I remember correctly one of those families was call the Scotts - I think anyway. It has been a long time since I fixed my worlds - so not 100 percent positive that was their name.

ETA = and Back on the topic - OP I agree, some don't but I need to ask on what planet is Sims 4 better than Sims 3. I always hope Sims 4 gets a lot better - it would be nice. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Actually I know the Cave thing was fixed - but don't know about the mermaid tails as I never saw an issue with them as long as you periodically sent the mermaids swimming in the ocean. I heard they would lose the tails if you didn't send them ocean swimming every couple of days. So always sent them swimming and never once lost their tails. The cave issue was fixed a long time ago.

Now what they never fixed was a lot of the issues with some of the worlds - IP in particular had a lot of issues - and also the issues with the schools that were attached to gyms - they caused a lot of lag so it was best not to use those two school/ gym combos in any world. There was a lot of routing issues in IP as well as some of the other worlds - if you fixed them yourself or used the fixed versions a simmer over at modthesims fixed - there was hardly any lag at all in Sims 3. Also IP has a couple of troublesome families too that need killed off or fixed.
    I'm a bit confused about the caves, because I see people both declaring it was fixed and it was not fixed. Last time I tried it out myself - but that's over a year ago - it wasn't fixed unfortunately.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2016
    Gosh I stopped having issues with it after installing ITF and the patch that came with that I believe. I forget now what they said caused the issue - but it was something weird and pretty easily fixed. Rflong makes tons of worlds or at least did with diving spots and caves and we never have issues with any of her worlds or dive spots. I am at a loss as to why you still have the issue though. One of my fav things to do is the diving in Sims 3.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member

But it did the "last bad bug drop" for me. I had so many bugs with the game before IP, that I was about to give up. Then IP was announced and I was looking forward to play with the mermaids and diving. But as I described this was the final, and it used the rest of my patience. I was just mentioning the bugs that were most disappointing to me, not all the rest. I tossed the game away, saying: No sims games for me anymore!!

I waited for some months, bought me a super computer with a super graphic card. I bought and installed The Sims 4, and I have nothing to regret. With the latest addition Dine Out it's even better than before. It makes my heart sing. I play it with so much joy. It's almost like the early days of The Sims 1 and 2 and even better. Hurray for Sims 4.
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Gosh I stopped having issues with it after installing ITF and the patch that came with that I believe. I forget now what they said caused the issue - but it was something weird and pretty easily fixed. Rflong makes tons of worlds or at least did with diving spots and caves and we never have issues with any of her worlds or dive spots. I am at a loss as to why you still have the issue though. One of my fav things to do is the diving in Sims 3.
    I always figured the reason was MOO? My next heir will move to IP, so I'm going to 'dive' into it then. It's really a nuisance, I love the scuba diving as well.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

But it did the "last bad bug drop" for me. I had so many bugs with the game before IP, that I was about to give up. Then IP was announced and I was looking forward to play with the mermaids and diving. But as I described this was the final, and it used the rest of my patience. I was just mentioning the bugs that were most disappointing to me, not all the rest. I tossed the game away, saying: No sims games for me anymore!!

I waited for some months, bought me a super computer with a super graphic card. I bought and installed The Sims 4, and I have nothing to regret. With the latest addition Dine Out it's even better than before. It makes my heart sing. I play it with so much joy. It's almost like the early days of The Sims 1 and 2 and even better. Hurray for Sims 4.
    So it was like the straw that broke the camel's back. I can understand that. Glad Sims 4 makes you so happy. It sure has little issues I think, in comparison to 3. I just happen to like everything that does work properly in 3 better myself. Though I am quite enjoying 4 at the moment too, after I bought GT. And started the science career.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I personally don't think 3 has ever been better than 4. The only one 3 was better than IMO was 1.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    I don't know why people celebrate that Sims 4 has less bugs than Sims 3 open world when they should be wondering why the "team" was unable to build a stable open world design instead of just ripping favorite features out till Sims 4 was semi stable enough to release
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Can't sims 3 lovers just accept that not everyone loved it? It was not the best. It failed in comparison to 1 and 2. And it fails in comparison to 4. It was a different sims game, but not the best by a long shot.

Can't sims3 lovers accept that for some, it was the WORST of the series?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Can't sims 3 lovers just accept that not everyone loved it? It was not the best. It failed in comparison to 1 and 2. And it fails in comparison to 4. It was a different sims game, but not the best by a long shot.

I enjoy the game and I completely accept that not everyone sees it the same way that I do. I know some people outright despised it, and that's cool. I actually think of 2 as technically a better game, but 3 is the one out of the series that clicked with me the most because of my personality and play style. Despite its issues, it's my favorite simming experience.

I don't try to change anyone's mind, because if you like something, you like it. I love the simming community and I think everyone should play the game that makes them the happiest. But, if we're talking opinions, I'll give my opinion on where I personally think 4 falls short. That doesn't mean that I expect or even want everyone else to agree. Or that I don't think 3 fell short in some ways too.

I'm happy that there are players out there who thoroughly enjoy 4, and I hope that Maxis does right by all of them and works hard on making this game the best it can be. Even if I don't love TS4, I think its players deserve quality.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options

I'm under the impression you are having a harder time accepting that for some simmers Sims 3 is not the worst, than it is for 'Sims 3 lovers' - which for me in this context is as childish a word as 'haters' - to accept it is the 'WORST' of the series for some others. If it wasn't you wouldn't even open an old (very old) topic like this.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »

I enjoy the game and I completely accept that not everyone sees it the same way that I do. I know some people outright despised it, and that's cool. I actually think of 2 as technically a better game, but 3 is the one out of the series that clicked with me the most because of my personality and play style. Despite its issues, it's my favorite simming experience.

I don't try to change anyone's mind, because if you like something, you like it. I love the simming community and I think everyone should play the game that makes them the happiest. But, if we're talking opinions, I'll give my opinion on where I personally think 4 falls short. That doesn't mean that I expect or even want everyone else to agree. Or that I don't think 3 fell short in some ways too.

I'm happy that there are players out there who thoroughly enjoy 4, and I hope that Maxis does right by all of them and works hard on making this game the best it can be. Even if I don't love TS4, I think its players deserve quality.

You don't see me in the sims 3 section giving my opinion on that game do you. Why keep harping on what you don't like about 4? Play the game that makes you happy.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

You don't see me in the sims 3 section giving my opinion on that game do you. Why keep harping on what you don't like about 4? Play the game that makes you happy.
    See, this summarizes everything: it isn't some sort of a competition, a battle between 'them' and 'us'. I play three games at the moment (and I'm enjoying all three of them at the moment). Am I only allowed in the section of the game that happens to be my favourite? Or whatever do you mean. There are three versions of one game and people like to point out what they like and do not like in the different versions. Especially in the feedback section.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016

No. But if you'd like to drop in and talk about TS3 and give your opinion on it, it wouldn't bother me at all, even if it's an unfavorable opinion. It's fine with me. Right now I'm in the Feedback section talking about my opinion in a thread specifically about opinions. That's what this section is for. It's not as though this is a thread in General Discussion about sharing pictures. As long as people stay on topic, I don't see what the problem is.

I do play the games that make me happy. And joining in a discussion about whether or not others were disappointed and sharing my viewpoint on 4 isn't "harping." It's simply joining in a discussion. I don't create tons of threads. In fact, most of the time I'm in the Off Topic section or the TS3 section. But I don't see why that matters. It shouldn't bother you if other people don't love TS4. I personally don't hate it, but there are things that I don't like about it. And I'm allowed to say so.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    I don't know why people celebrate that Sims 4 has less bugs than Sims 3 open world when they should be wondering why the "team" was unable to build a stable open world design instead of just ripping favorite features out till Sims 4 was semi stable enough to release

Open world was too complex to run well on machines that the average Simmer uses, so it had to be scrapped for TS4. This has been explained over and over again backwards, forwards and sideways for the past several years. That's why no one is "wondering" about it. There is nothing to wonder about something that was explained many times already.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    BookworkgirlBookworkgirl Posts: 129 Member
    edited June 2016
    Delete
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top