The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 is still better than Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2016
    The Sims 3 was the most perfect game of The Sims series.
    I love exploring and that's something The Sims 4 can't offer me with it's microscopic neighborhoods.
    I remember when I first played The Sims 4 I felt claustrophobia. I also played TS2 AFTER I played TS3 (when it was free on Origin), but there the lack of open world didn't bothered me at all.
    I guess it's because The Sims 4 wants to "trick" you that there is an open world and it all feels so "fake" with all those fake houses that you can't delete nor visit and the cars that you can't buy (yet?).

Still it makes me happy all the time, when TS4 gets little new features that get added for free into the Base Game.

Sorry that's just how I feel about The Sims 4, I also respect people that really like The Sims 4 and don't hate them or stuff.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited February 2016
    Brendy927 wrote: »
    > @KajkaElina said:
    > I really love The Sims 3, and would play it, but I play The Sims 4 for several reasons: * Better CAS
    > * No lagging
    > * No crashing
    > * Better Build/Buy mode
    >
    >
    > I think The Sims 4 could improve if some things were added. And I hope that by the time TS5 comes out, all computers will be able to handle open world.

The lagging and crashing is what made me quit playing Sims 3. It just wasn't fun. I've never had issues with the sims 4 like I had with the sims 3. Open world is over rated.

Once I bought my newest PC I got very little lag on my TS3 game and next to no crashes (unless I played for several hours on end without stopping). That was before I installed some mods to help with performance, now that I have those I get even less lag and crashes are pretty much nonexistant.

Sims 4, on the other hand, crashed for me on the same computer after about 20 minutes the first time I played it.

I do not think the open world was overrated. I think that it was a good direction for the series. I think, however, that it (like many things in TS3 AND TS4) could have been better implemented. They had a great idea, they just didn't take the care that they probably should have to iron out the creases. But the world structure itself? In my opinion definitely not overrated. It's far better than the loading screens to go next door that we have in TS4. And some of the worlds in TS3 are truly gorgeous.

There was room for improvement, and to me one of the saddest and most disappointing things about TS4 was that it was missing that sense of innovation (as I see it, anyway). I mean, TS1, that was a game like none of us had seen before. TS2 introduced life stages, the idea of legacies, growing up, playing with genetics. I still haven't seen a game go as in depth with ideas like that. TS3 had the open world and amazing customization. Still some of the best customization I've ever seen in a game. TS4 has... push and pull CAS (which I've seen in other games), a pretty decent build mode that is still missing some options from older games, and a nice build/buy catalogue. It's ok, but I don't see the massive creativity that I saw in previous games. And, to say that it runs smoothly and doesn't lag as much as 3, well. That's cool. But is that really the best that can be said of it?
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited February 2016
    KajkaElina wrote: »
    I really love The Sims 3, and would play it, but I play The Sims 4 for several reasons:
    1. Better CAS
    2. No lagging
    3. No crashing
    4. Better Build/Buy mode

I think The Sims 4 could improve if some things were added. And I hope that by the time TS5 comes out, all computers will be able to handle open world.
    You are correct Sims 4 as a whole for me can improve greatly if certain features was added back in. I also feel Sims 4 took a few steps back and the notion Sims 4 is new and taking a new path is a cop out IMHO if anything Sims 4 should expand on what Sims 3 had and introduce new features if it really want to be new and EA/Maxis tweak their games better and be more responsive, I do not eat everything EA/Maxis feeds me because I know better. Sims 4 does have some nice features but it is not enough for me. :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Brendy927 wrote: »
    > @KajkaElina said:
    > I really love The Sims 3, and would play it, but I play The Sims 4 for several reasons: * Better CAS
    > * No lagging
    > * No crashing
    > * Better Build/Buy mode
    >
    >
    > I think The Sims 4 could improve if some things were added. And I hope that by the time TS5 comes out, all computers will be able to handle open world.

The lagging and crashing is what made me quit playing Sims 3. It just wasn't fun. I've never had issues with the sims 4 like I had with the sims 3. Open world is over rated.
    Open world IMHO was the next step anyway and EA/Maxis had not thought ahead and did not tweak it. I loved the open world for I was glad to see loading screens leave and truly immersed me in the game. Now come Sims 4 and we are back to loading screens, I do not care about how short there are because there are too many of them and I do not feel too immersed with them. I tolerated Sims 2 and also loved it because it was quirky and I can tell tales and it had features that are not even in Sims 4 and may never be added and Sims 4 to me is just a average game nothing more and nothing less, however you are entitled to your opinion. :)

Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2016
    After a year of play and building in TS4, + four or so months, I'm going to have to say yes, TS3 is still better than TS4. I have actually given TS4 much more time than I did TS3 when it was first released. I mean I left TS3 as soon as I found out WA was the first EP. Didn't return until LN and Gen. was released (and then a few more patches to add some things), which put me around 2012 or 2013 to return to TS3 because I didn't like it, that much, either. But I think I have been very fair with TS4 and stuck with it for over a year, now, and I'm going to have to say TS3 is still better than TS4. On way too many levels to go over.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited February 2016
    Well, I have been a fan of the Sims franchise from Sims 1 to now 4, but I do agree that the Sims 4 needs a lot more content then they lead us to believe it would have, as of yet there is still way to much items and such missing that should of been in the game already, We are going on what almost 2 yrs and still a lot missing from the game, EA and Maxis needs to step it up, if they plan on winning back the fans who have already left this game, or try to get new ones, but they won't be doing that if they can not get it together, and give the Fans what the fans want, if EA & Maxis can not do that, then I do not see this game getting better, and it will only fail in the end. :( , and yes I did go back to the Sims 1,2,3, even after I bought all the stuff for 4, so that tells me a lot.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I have waited over a year and not saying they didn't add small improvements. But my gosh, I remember playing TS3 base until they announced WA and then some and then went back to TS2 back then. Because I don't want to be under the impression, oh, this new patch will make it ten times better, this new EP will make the core ten times better like I was in TS3. TS3 is a great game, and TS4 is somewhat lack luster even after 2 EPs, 2 GPs and over a year later. And too many SPs for me to count. I have to give credit to TS3 if I'm honest. I still play it now and then, and I still feel TS2 is has the better AI and more emotional Sims than either one of these. But TS3 had big ideas and a big budget and it's sad they wasted this game's budget on such small ideas and small EPs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Yup Cinebar I agree 100%., this whole Sims 4 stuff, just disappoints me, and makes me sad, so that is why I went back to the other 3 games, I would have to say as of now, The Sims 2 is my fave of the franchise, but I have been playing 3 as well, Why? because they have the Family life I want in my games, the Toddler's the Cars, the Vamps, werewolves ect, everything I want in my games. :)
  • Options
    KeziahTKeziahT Posts: 968 Member
    I grew up on sims 1, moved on with ease to Sims 2, and didn't hesitate to jump to Sims 3 leaving all other makes behind, but Sims 4 is such a struggle to play. I was so excited for Sims 4 to come out but when it did it was just so disappointing that I don't even see it as a real game, Sims 3 is still my go to sims game. The lack of an open world, the camera angle, the fact that when I open the fridge the shelf doesn't freaking close, no toddlers, honestly there is nothing to do in that game. I'm afraid to waste my money on expansions because I fear the gameplay honestly wont be any better. I already feel like I wasted a good $70 just on the base game. Is there anyone else out there that is still just so disappointed by the Sims 4 like I am?

Ditto. I really wanted to like this game but for me it just falls flat and I find it boring because as you mentioned there just isn't anything to do in the game.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    The only thing I can sum up to all that has been said (which I agree to) is that TS4 has nothing to make me stop playing TS3 in a daily basis and hours on end, I haven´t even install TS4 on my new PC that runs TS3 even better tan ever the old one did and nothing, graphics, game play, AI, nothing from TS4 stands the level of TS2 and TS3. (IMO)
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    I'm a Sims 2 fan. I'll admit I loved the way they handled the closed world in that game, and to me it still is one of the selling points. Yet, I hate it in Sims 4.

Why? Because the Sims 2 closed world doesn't feel small. You start out with around a dozen or so lots already placed, and adding more lots is as simple as picking where on the road they go and making certain you don't screw up the road too badly in the process. And that's before you add on suburbs, hidden lots, and how there was always someone walking or driving by your house.

Sims 3 merely took the Sims 2 worlds to their next logical step. If they hadn't screwed up travel like they did with World Adventures, I would not be surprised if the Sims 4 idea of all worlds being connected wouldn't have come about one game early without having to use a Twallan mod.

So, just... The entire game just feels small. I could fit every world currently released into a single Sims 2 or Sims 3 world and still have room for more
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I'm a Sims 2 fan. I'll admit I loved the way they handled the closed world in that game, and to me it still is one of the selling points. Yet, I hate it in Sims 4.

Why? Because the Sims 2 closed world doesn't feel small. You start out with around a dozen or so lots already placed, and adding more lots is as simple as picking where on the road they go and making certain you don't screw up the road too badly in the process. And that's before you add on suburbs, hidden lots, and how there was always someone walking or driving by your house.

Sims 3 merely took the Sims 2 worlds to their next logical step. If they hadn't screwed up travel like they did with World Adventures, I would not be surprised if the Sims 4 idea of all worlds being connected wouldn't have come about one game early without having to use a Twallan mod.

So, just... The entire game just feels small. I could fit every world currently released into a single Sims 2 or Sims 3 world and still have room for more
    I didn't like the twilight effect(quarter of a block) but I still loved Sims 2 because of the stories and quirks that could be told or seen. I felt a closeness and was truly excited for any SP/EP that was forth coming and could play for hours, however with Sims 4 even with it's multitasking,
    emotions and how well it supposedly run I do not feel that closeness and even with Sims 3(which I liked and ran very well on my systems ) I did feel some closeness but I love Sims 2. However it is EA/Maxis choice in how they wish to put out Sims 4 and it is our choice to buy it or not. :) P.S. I do like the neighborhood connection in Sims 4 and wished that one feature was in Sims 3. :)
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,920 Member
    edited February 2016
    I spent a fortune buying everything that came out for Sims 3 after buying everything that came out for "The Sims" and Sims 2 since the start of it all.

I adored "The Sims" as I managed to create stuff and recolours for it myself but was not able to do it for any of the rest so am eternally grateful for its' introduction to photoshop programs and what they can do and the sense of community helping one another has not been rivalled in my opinion. CAS and CAW are not the same thing as bog standard creating in my book.

As an addict I cannot control my buying of every pack that comes out but after Sims3 *into the future" I found it a pack too far and lost interest in it. The Launcher and Store are horrible ideas.

The longer the series goes on the less I am interested in the Sims' gameplay and now usually confine myself to building houses in Sims4. I am still buying for the objects and build items, make houses, decorate, make Sims, give them a job and go on to building the next house and leave them to fend for themselves. That I find therapeutic so the game is useful for that alone.
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    Yes and my game is proof of it. Ask @jackjack_k :wink:

gaga-golden-globes.gif.b21916d2da28b00701a0a4df3f9189af.gif
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    The Sims 4 was released? When did it happen? B):D
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited February 2016
    DyingLight wrote: »

I think they are talking about this Beta stage, early access game, originally titled Sims 2.5
  • Options
    volkidakillavolkidakilla Posts: 3 New Member
    Just give our freedom back FFS! this isn't the sims game anymore... were stuck with 4 building and a few sims walking around... while other part of the world are just being generated and calculated......
  • Options
    volkidakillavolkidakilla Posts: 3 New Member
    The family relations was much deeper in sims 3 and babies were not just a object... we had cars in sims 3, now people re-size toy cars to make it look like cars parked in front of your house... sims 4 is only a slight graphical improvement. they could have done it so much better if they cared about their fans... but nope they just had to milk the cow and let the money flow... of course the game can now be played with more pc's / laptops because what the game loads of the city is like 2/5%... so this is how they thought , hey lets make the game linear so more people can play it and you know what that means! $$$$$$$$ right in our pocket! lets just improve the graphics slightly and take some content from sims 3 and improve it a little too so they can't start crying.... developers ( evil laughs..... ).....

Lazy
    and not caring about fans... we loved sims 3 and what do they do the rekt it completely so they get more profit....
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Neither.

For me, sims 2 is my personal best.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited February 2016
    I started off in Sims 2 and I was beyond happy with it. Then sim 3 came out and I loved the openness and the personalization that was possible finally I could change the color to match! There were still things that bugged me like ugly maternity cloths (ugh!) but I was happy playing it until my PC decided it was too much. (To be fair I had all the expansions, the stuff packs, plus all the store towns) I've enjoyed playing the sims 4, I like CAS and that building is easy! The interconnected towns is great too. (No town to town move means leaving everything behind!) However when I got my new PC. I put on all the sims games I have from 2 through 4 and I've been mostly playing in the Sims 3. I feel I never got to fully exeplore IP with my old PC and I decided against installing into the future for the moment to give myself time to enjoy it. I think that the sims 4 is slowly going towards a great game. There are many things have been reintroduced after they were demanded in free patches. So I hold out hope that someday it can have the best parts of all the sims games. If not well someone with great technical programming skills should start a competitive game. Seriously start a funding site there are enough simmers not getting what they want to fund it fairly quickly if you can deliver. If that did happen well nothing encourages growth like having a rival! ;)
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Other reasons I dislike TS4 include:
    • Culling of sims (kills the family tree and the social interactions)
    • No Toddlers (newborn to 9 year old in seconds!)
    • No Pools or Dishwashers at launch (and you guys thought that no diving boards was bad)
    • Lack of Open World (makes the game feel extremely restrictive and boring)
    • Lack of Create-A-Style (KILLS building and furnishing, yet still performance issues?)
    • Loading Screens Galore! (Even to get to your nextdoor neighbour's house, even though all the furniture is clearly already loaded up inside)
    • Bad Choices for EPs (Don't add Aliens before toddlers plz.....)
    • STILL no base game Seasons or Pets (I understand that they take a long time to make, but they could've at least developed on TS4 for longer)

Hang on. Need to go stop my hands from shaking and fix my Repetitive Strain Injury.

I find it rather hypocritical
    • Culling: a good thing, Random NPC homeless townies were culled by using Twallan's mod in TS3 because they were a big annoyance
    • Toddler: another big annoyance in TS3, crying all the time everywhere in the world.
    • Pool and Dishwasher are free and include to the TS4 basegame, your argue is a non sense. TS3 didn't get Tattoos, Body hair, Create A creature or Dryer/Washer at the launch.
    • Open buggy and unstable world, endless world loading, endless world saving and Error 12. Your sims were prisoner of an unique world.
    • Create A Style and slow texture loading and overloaded memory
    • Objects Loading galore in TS3, you spend your time to wait about 5min before all the objects are loaded, it's worst if you switch between 8 sims in different places.
    • Bad choices: Let's talk about the annoying mummy and useless simbot, people complained so much they did plumbot.
    • Seasons or Pets ? Seriously you want it without toddler ?
    You do realize a lot of what you say here doesn't make any sense to a lot of simmers? Most open worlds work perfectly fine for me (except for Bridgeport, IP and China; they need help), my game loads in four minutes, saving takes about ten seconds, I never encountered error 12, texture and objects load immediately, I like the mummies (I'll grant you the simbot :s ) and just look at this prisoner:

Zwerver_850_zpsqceftvzx.png

Of course it depends on your computer, but I don't quite get why it's hypocritical to not have the issues you mention and to not find toddlers annoying.

I don't agree with any of his points personally, but I kind of understand where he's coming from by the "prisoner" statement. Sometimes, while playing TS3, it sort of felt like my Sim was trapped and confined to this area, and could never escape. Maybe I would just get bored with the theme of the world, I don't know. I don't really feel that way in TS4, and I'd imagine that's only because I can freely travel amongst any of its worlds with no issue.

Open world or closed, I think the ability to take our Sims to any of the game's worlds to visit or change their home lot is a must.
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    DyingLight wrote: »

I think they are talking about this Beta stage, early access game, originally titled Sims 2.5

Hehe, I think it was titled Sims 1.5, sims 2 had toddlers...
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited February 2016
    With Sims 3 you could turn that world into any world - wealthy suburb, poor industrial, country farm, high rise city. Now in Sims 4 I don't feel like I'm traveling to a different world just the same lots with a different backgrounds and different non existent houses
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Ehh sims 3 is good but not really better.
    My sims 3 game started to get bugged day after day till it was unplayable. In sims 4 that didnt really happen to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top