Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thank you @Scobre and @MolliMontana what I find sad about it is the theme around the game is constantly doing things really cheaply, even if it means it affects gameplay. After how much the predecessors gave EA in terms of profits it makes me really sad and also annoyed that they aren't treating the game with enough reverence.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited October 2015
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    Something TS4 players can't have without modding the game: Massive family trees.Turpis-Geneology_zpsnj38t765.png

What is the mod called? I need it ^^.

Sorry for getting off-topic but this is bothering me: I really wished one time we could end this silly and childish war between S3 and S4 supporters. Every sims game is unique on it's own and has it's advantages (and disadvantages) over the other. This will never change; they are all (!) superb games. Right now I am enjoying TS3 and TS4. There is no point in arguing since this is a matter of taste. It's like to fight over which food or music genre is the best. There is no answer for this.

I use the "MC Command Center-mod". You can get it over at MTS. It does a lot more than just preserving the family tree, though. i'm not a rotational player, the reason my sims have so much relatives is that the mod also creates a form of Story Progression in your neighbourhood. There are different modules to cater to everyone's needs.

Ellessarr wrote: »
    Something TS4 players can't have without modding the game: Massive family trees.Turpis-Geneology_zpsnj38t765.png

What is the mod called? I need it ^^.

Sorry for getting off-topic but this is bothering me: I really wished one time we could end this silly and childish war between S3 and S4 supporters. Every sims game is unique on it's own and has it's advantages (and disadvantages) over the other. This will never change; they are all (!) superb games. Right now I am enjoying TS3 and TS4. There is no point in arguing since this is a matter of taste. It's like to fight over which food or music genre is the best. There is no answer for this.

master command or no culling, they remove the cap of 180, sims however, this can "hurt your game" at long time, increase your load times and make you game become unstable(crash) or if already crashing can increase the crashing, sims 4 not was proper developed to support large populations or saves.

The mod i use doesn't stop ghost culling, it just spares the ghosts tied to your family tree. I delete townies manually if they get too many and it's not a great hassle (ETA: Although i would prefer them fixing the culling already, so you don't have to use mods). I'm on gen 5 and it doesn't hurt my game in the least.

hmm that is because how you are using, since you keep deleting new sims and use the mod to save only your family tree then really gonna take a long time to affect your game, but if you just break the cap and let the game "free generate new sims" and sims die all over the place and all bla bla bla then the effect can come more fast, if you let your game "rule" the population without any sort of control then you can start to notice pretty fast the trouble, while i played sims 4 i also used some mods to "reduce the player generation of sims" and also keep deleting myself new sims then i never had problem too, but thi was really annoying have each one or 2 days of playing had to check my population and delete unwanted sims this also started to make me get a little tired.

about the population in sims 3 if i'm not wrong is between 140 and 200 to 220, like they told is more based on your computer and some setting, the better the computer and large worlds can support more sims, but that limit is different from sims 4, he count only living sims and sims which are inside "houses" in the world, service sims which live in rabbit holes are not counted in the cap, them you can have like 400 sims in your world, counting the living + services, deads are only culled if i'm not wrong after third generation of "dead ones".

don't forget with having like 200 sims living around means which you gonna actually have 200 sims being "emulated and played and interactin in the world unlike sims 4 where only 20 can be at sametime and also count dead and services.

then you can easy end with much more sims than sims 4.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Could someone please tell me how many sims population wise you can you have in a sims 3 world? Is there any chance of losing player made sims like there is in sims 4?
    @Pary might know. I know it was mentioned in the Den, but I forgot the amount. I think it was in the thousands. TS2 cap is much higher too.

As far as I'm aware, with a story progression mod, you can set the cap at what you like, though I believe some of it is dependent on your system specs, like the number of sims appearing in clubs, re. Later Night.
    Without one, I'm sure I've seen the number 150-180 tossed around here and there. But, I've also seen it mentioned that a town over about 200 -250 begins to suffer significant problems, like bunching at schools, zerging on playable sims locations, causing blockages in doorways and such.

I'm sure many people have tried, or do run towns that have a high pop cap, and perhaps with no problems, so I'm not claiming to be an expert, simply repeating what I've read elsewhere.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Could someone please tell me how many sims population wise you can you have in a sims 3 world? Is there any chance of losing player made sims like there is in sims 4?
    @Pary might know. I know it was mentioned in the Den, but I forgot the amount. I think it was in the thousands. TS2 cap is much higher too.

As far as I'm aware, with a story progression mod, you can set the cap at what you like, though I believe some of it is dependent on your system specs, like the number of sims appearing in clubs, re. Later Night.
    Without one, I'm sure I've seen the number 150-180 tossed around here and there. But, I've also seen it mentioned that a town over about 200 -250 begins to suffer significant problems, like bunching at schools, zerging on playable sims locations, causing blockages in doorways and such.

I'm sure many people have tried, or do run towns that have a high pop cap, and perhaps with no problems, so I'm not claiming to be an expert, simply repeating what I've read elsewhere.
    Thanks Pary. Yeah I saw 400 number mentioned before. Interesting about the 200-250 Sims. In the Sims 2, I never had issues with population cap. Performance always ran well no matter how many Sims I had for some reason. Then again, I've never been a huge legacy player. I usually only last until generation three.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member

Alright thank you :)
  • Options
    ISmackISmack Posts: 244 Member
    We toddlers in the Sims 4!!!!
  • Options
    TS2 only ever had to concentrate on one lot at a time. TS3 has to calculate sims activities in an entire world overall. That kind of thing can be a resource drain, especially if it isn't coded properly or your world is overstuffed I guess.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    TS2 only ever had to concentrate on one lot at a time. TS3 has to calculate sims activities in an entire world overall. That kind of thing can be a resource drain, especially if it isn't coded properly or your world is overstuffed I guess.
    yeah, that was most of the sims 3 problem a lot of spaguete code plus limited enginer being 32 bit only, but much more robust than sims 4 engineer which not was designed to have many sims walking around, if you use mods to increase the max of sims at lots you start to have a lot of crash if you have too much sims and is only recomended to do in mac cuz is the only 64 bits and even at mac i see peoples reporting crash tue do too much sims then in the end the sims is not really a game developed to have many sims around being emulated and actives.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    missmani09 wrote: »
    So I just found out while playing TS2 that if you have one sim in the shower, and another sim comes into the bathroom and flushes the toilet, the sim in the shower will scream and jump out of the shower and run and point a finger at the toilet flushing sim.

Omg. That is so awesome. I never knew that. Little tid-bits like that is what made this game awesome <3
    Yeah I love doing that. They did that in the Sims 1 as well. It is a nice detail.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I am celebrating toddlers for all that want them back this is for you. :smile:

2h4j6ms.jpg

2rdxbnk.jpg
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

2h4j6ms.jpg

2rdxbnk.jpg
    She is adorable. What are you Sims' names?
  • Options
    I love her sweet little smile she's so precious <3
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

2h4j6ms.jpg

2rdxbnk.jpg
    She is adorable. What are you Sims' names?
    Abrielle Lothario Don's daughter

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Abrielle Lothario Don's daughter
    Aww that's an adorable name and wow sorry didn't realize that was Don. XD He does produce cute kids. I guess I'm more used to him having brownish eyes.
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    missmani09 wrote: »
    So I just found out while playing TS2 that if you have one sim in the shower, and another sim comes into the bathroom and flushes the toilet, the sim in the shower will scream and jump out of the shower and run and point a finger at the toilet flushing sim.

Omg. That is so awesome. I never knew that. Little tid-bits like that is what made this game awesome <3

Edit/Addition; I was playing a sim family. Mom, dad, two children. Mom and dad work 9am-5pm. Kids get out of school at 3pm. Children were left home ALONE UNSUPERVISED for an hour and Social Services came and took both children.
    As a person who works for Child Protective Services in real life, I was distraught that my Sim children got taken away for Inadequate Supervision. Then I became angry because my sim family could not get their children back no matter what. I'm yelling at the screen like "This is UNFAIR! My sim have a RIGHT to be able to get their children back! I DEMAND a Sim Attorney and be heard in Sim Court with a Sim Judge!! "

But I just ended up closing the game without saving. -_-

Tid-bit surprises.

In sims 2, iirc, those kids taken by the social worker are then put up for adoption. I had a family that adopted the kids from another family that had had them taken, it was so bittersweet.

I really cannot abide the Sims 4 method of generating a bunch of single mother households and then stealing the kids for adoption. As someone who was a single parent for many years I find the implications a bit sickening.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    I used to "seed" my town adoption pool with children and toddlers from a couple of sets of my own sims. I would give them half a dozen or so kids each, pretend the parents were useless no hopers, lock the babies and kids in a pen with no gate and wait until the social worker came to get them, without feeding or changing them.

I liked the fact that you could adopt them as other families. Sadly, sims 3 didn't work like that, which I thought was a little unfortunate.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    I used to "seed" my town adoption pool with children and toddlers from a couple of sets of my own sims. I would give them half a dozen or so kids each, pretend the parents were useless no hopers, lock the babies and kids in a pen with no gate and wait until the social worker came to get them, without feeding or changing them.

I liked the fact that you could adopt them as other families. Sadly, sims 3 didn't work like that, which I thought was a little unfortunate.

That is a shame. Glad to hear that about Sims 2 though as that works with some storylines I want to do.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Wow thank you @junceda <3 I noticed this early on and it looked like a real labour of love! So glad to see its finished and I will defo try to add it (if I cam work out how!)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Nice pics again @Junceda :smile:

I wonder if that was the same Barcelona that was being made a while ago?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    Wow...that world is stunning! Can see how much time and effort went into all of that. I will definitely try and download that later when I am kiddie-free, only content I don't have is the carousel but just for that world, I'm tempted to get it!
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    junceda wrote: »
    Hi guys! I´ve just been at MTS and I have the great satisfaction to tell you that @Nilxis world Barcelona is finished and avaliable to download. I highly recommend you to have a look on it as it is IMO the most beautifull world ever made for the sims

MTS_Nilxis-1524202-nit.jpg

MTS_Nilxis-1524204-overview.jpg

planolcolorsnoms.png

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=553749

Oh awesome world, i went 2 times already to Barcelona certanily a really awesome city. Its awesome how detailed you can create your world in the Sims 3.
    Thanks for sharing :)

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @pepperjax1230 Awesome picture and wow, I didn't know Don could look that good. I usually make my own. I may have to take another look at him.....or did you fix him? :)

@marce @anemone7 I just can't resist that. I do like your new name and am getting used to it and spelled it correctly the first time today. I'm nosy about names, does it have a special significance? Mine is just a combo of my favorite name (if my son had been a girl he would have been Rebecca with nickname of bekka and my name which is the San part. @anemone7 Love the blooper pics. Poor guy got the pee scared right out of him!!! :)

@junceda It looks like a beautiful world, but too big for my puter...until I get a job and get a new one. :) I've bookmarked the page though and may try it as a vacation world. Sometimes that works for the larger worlds...sometimes not. Then at least I get to explore them, just can't live in them as they build up too much something and make my puter lose memory and all that stuff I don't understand.

Pic of the day.
    This was taken when I was building the toy store for @anettesb and had the store open to see how the routing was. These 2 npc's just started playing with the soccer ball I had on the floor. I just thought it was so awesome to see the spontaneous play.
    18149685383_9914f3b721_z.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top