Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    I'm so sorry for you @ sparkfairy1 <3 *hugs* I actually felt bad all day just by reading about your cat. I had two cats, one got cancer in his tongue when he was 14 years, I have never been so mortified in my whole life. The cat who was left alone lost his friend and protector, and hid under the covers in my bed every morning when I went to work. Two years later, I lost him too at the age of 16, because of kidney problems. I actually took home a vetenarian so my cat could be put to sleep on our sofa at home.
  • Options
    I agree with all of you who said sims3 sims are not robotic. It's more subtle and mature, and not so in your face, but they do have emotions.
    EA usually talk down their previous games, we are to believe the latest game is always the best
  • Options
    crockatail wrote: »
    If more simmers are looking foward to get the toddlers back into the game then they will be back.

> EA/Maxis Vision is Let's Party it up. No toddlers,no family play, and nothing else that is missing from this so call Sims 4 game.

but... think about all the toddler party dlc they could make :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thank you for all your support everyone. It helps a lot :)

Someone mentioned that they are having issues with seeing my posts. If it happens to you can you pm @SimGuruDrake to ask her to look into it? Thank you :)

Sims3 is not emotionless. It's subtle and I think people missed those subtle displays of emotion by variations of camera angles and how close you had to be to notice. I hate having to have a huge face on the screen with a huge description of their emotions though. It felt too in your face for me.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited October 2015
    Pary wrote: »
    Sims 3 sims do have emotions. People just jumped on the "robotic" train because everyone was doing it, and using it as an excuse to hype up Sims 4 when it was clear there was more dissatisfaction than enthusiasm.

I think it's never nice to say someone just says something to jump on whatever train, it implies they don't have a mind of their own or try to hate on things without reason.
    I hate it when people say others just critizise the game, because it's "the cool thing to do" and i think we shouldn't assume people who sincerely like TS4 and don't like TS3 sims just say so without meaning it.
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited October 2015
    Hi all!

Emotions in TS3? come on!, my simgrandkid was born in Sark, she is a girl, and I had enough emotions on my screen to make me even cry, since the very moment they came home from the Hospital

Screenshot-836_zpsr2tnnk23.jpg

Screenshot-833_zpsvql0gohw.jpg

Screenshot-839_zpsqloezv6h.jpg

Screenshot-842_zps328doxhi.jpg

Screenshot-840_zpsbquw0qmy.jpg

Screenshot-843_zpsrkgmwhen.jpg

wellcome home little simgirl!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Pic of the Day...I missed yesterday...boo for me. :) I love the ballet and when they learn it they can show off the moves they have learned.

Ballet practice.

19972968001_2e4106064d_z.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Pic of the Day...I missed yesterday...boo for me. :) I love the ballet and when they learn it they can show off the moves they have learned.

Ballet practice.

I love the ballet in sims because I grew up practicing ballet and have fond memories of it :) great picture @bekkasan :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »

Ballet practice.

I love the ballet in sims because I grew up practicing ballet and have fond memories of it :) great picture @bekkasan :)

I also did ballet and was horrible at it. But i still believe you can be horrible at something and still enjoy it, you just have to listen to me singing to believe that.
    I don't have ballet in TS3, is it a store set?
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited October 2015
    @marce :D

@anemone7 It came with Skylight Studio's as premium content with the bar to do the ballet on. I agree you can love something and not be good at it. I love singing, but, I can't carry a tune...so sing in car or alone. I love dancing, took jazz dancing as a kid, two left feet, but I remember it was fun anyways and the instructors were very kind to a child with no talent.

I love how these pics relate to life and bring back memories, sad or good and that is the blessing of sims 3 for me because it isn't over the top with emotions and grins and grimaces. I like the more subtle attitudes and then I can play the story my way.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    hello peoples here something i would like to share
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1540704528/tgl-thanksgiving-life/posts/1369229
    1. Diverse Physical Appearance
    7322e47c94290469597dc3e320ed0a28_original.png?v=1443680289&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=0a08a2144923b826cae159acb5a3a65a
    We wanted to reflect aging in the game. TGL will deal with Peeps from the point of birth, and at the moment we are developing elderly Peeps.
    2. Peeps Character Facial Animation
    cfd627148193c6ffe68df13009fce85d_original.png?v=1443680312&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=b520bbf89117564d696fb145b1f219c4
    Currently, several motions and 2D icons are the only elements that have been developed to show Peeps emotions in TGL. In the future we would like to add more facial expressions that represent Peeps emotions.
    3. Animation Resource
    6d1439b2d89d38e09b857753a5e67ed0_original.png?v=1443680407&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=14368d9378e2d5a7ddcc04bab64d523c
    We would like to add variety of motions that people use on a daily basis.
    this means baby and toddlers well looks like they gonna work on all ages then we gonna get a family play and i hope a much better than sims sims series (well to be fair currently sims 4 family player is not hard to make something better).
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    This reminded me so much of "Black and White 1/2", i instantly thought about how much i want a third one of those. Than i realized the game is also from EA. Plum it, why am i so drawn to games from this publisher?!
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    This reminded me so much of "Black and White 1/2", i instantly thought about how much i want a third one of those. Than i realized the game is also from EA. Plum it, why am i so drawn to games from this publisher?!

It's because they are behind a lot of games that manage to hit on a lot of niches that many other publishers don't think of or bother with. :\
  • Options
    Something TS4 players can't have without modding the game: Massive family trees.Turpis-Geneology_zpsnj38t765.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited October 2015
    Sims don't have emotions in the Sims 3? I had no idea they could bite their lips like this! Jessica was watching her husband playing with their youngest- who is a toddler still. I guess that really got her blood going. LOL
    Screenshot-382_zpsgftbtxyk.jpg
    Post edited by GoldenBuffy on
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Wow @GoldenBuffy I've never seen that! Although I never saw them stick their tongues out in snow until recently either.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited October 2015
    Wow @GoldenBuffy I've never seen that! Although I never saw them stick their tongues out in snow until recently either.

while in sims 4 the poor sims have a "glued painted tongue" i really want know how they manage to speak with they "fake tongues", this is just many of the short-cuts maxis did in sims 4 with animations.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    This lip biting thing, I just noticed over the summer. I had no clue they could do that! I love when they stick out their tongues to catch the snow! Reminds me of myself when I was younger and use to do that same thing. :wink:
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Yeah, because do they even lick the ice cream cones? From what I recall they bite it. smh Just more shortcuts in a game full of them. :(
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, because do they even lick the ice cream cones? From what I recall they bite it. smh Just more shortcuts in a game full of them. :(

I remember that thread I'm a sloppy licker myself. :D Speaking of shortcuts reminds me of the dishwasher it finally comes out and it works just like magic :(
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    Something TS4 players can't have without modding the game: Massive family trees.Turpis-Geneology_zpsnj38t765.png

What is the mod called? I need it ^^.

Sorry for getting off-topic but this is bothering me: I really wished one time we could end this silly and childish war between S3 and S4 supporters. Every sims game is unique on it's own and has it's advantages (and disadvantages) over the other. This will never change; they are all (!) superb games. Right now I am enjoying TS3 and TS4. There is no point in arguing since this is a matter of taste. It's like to fight over which food or music genre is the best. There is no answer for this.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    I don't prescribe to any war @MolliMontana same as I don't see 'sides'. All of our opinions and experiences differ and are just as valid. Not interested in the ridiculousness that goes on with back and forth! ;)

It's really sad seeing on twitter people abuse each other over it, same as elsewhere on these forums-it's completely pointless and daft. I've had people tell me I'm not a 'real fan' for not enjoying TS4 which has to be the most ridiculous assertion ever. Who exactly gives anyone the right to judge others on stuff like that?! It's just ignorance in dealing with difference and discrimination based on something so ridiculous that you can't believe it goes on.

I do wonder if the team thought giving ideas to freeplay would 'force' us all that way and out of their hair. Except freeplay is totally different from a sims PC game and you can't even compare them!
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    I don't prescribe to any war @MolliMontana same as I don't see 'sides'. All of our opinions and experiences differ and are just as valid. Not interested in the ridiculousness that goes on with back and forth! ;)

It's really sad seeing on twitter people abuse each other over it, same as elsewhere on these forums-it's completely pointless and daft. I've had people tell me I'm not a 'real fan' for not enjoying TS4 which has to be the most ridiculous assertion ever. Who exactly gives anyone the right to judge others on stuff like that?! It's just ignorance in dealing with difference and discrimination based on something so ridiculous that you can't believe it goes on.

I do wonder if the team thought giving ideas to freeplay would 'force' us all that way and out of their hair. Except freeplay is totally different from a sims PC game and you can't even compare them!

Don't take it personally please. I agree with you here. It was just something I wanted to say. Nothing special.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top