Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Aww @Kandy my phones autocorrect does crazy things when I trust to post here sometimes!

Have a good day at work @king_of_simcity7 :)

@Anemone7 I'm looking forward to Rollercoaster tycoon world and I'm enjoying cities skylines immensely. You can even click on the little people and get info on them. Sadly nothing fills that sims fix I wanted from TS4. Yet.
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Sadly nothing fills that sims fix I wanted from TS4. Yet.

I almost used the exact same words while talking to my brother after playing cities skylines non stop for eight hours today :o Even though I love TS2 and TS3, it's sad TS4 didn't turn out the way I had hoped for, namely an upgraded TS2/TS3 with the best of both games combined.

I'm also waiting for LiS' fifth episode, even if it will only take a few hours to solve, and then Rollercoaster tycoon world in december.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Wow, now you get called "ignorant" and a "troll" if you say it seems like TS4 is mainly focused on parties in GD. It wasn't me, but i feel really bad for the OP. Time to take a break from controversial discussions again.
  • Options
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    Wow, now you get called "ignorant" and a "troll" if you say it seems like TS4 is mainly focused on parties in GD. It wasn't me, but i feel really bad for the OP. Time to take a break from controversial discussions again.

Yeah stay away from that toxicity. It shouldn't be acceptable so make sure you report it too.

@simIrrevirre well let's face it. If we didn't want a new sims game none of us would have bought TS4. Telling us to go back to previous games is not acceptable when they have our money. If the devs want us to do that they should refund us and then when they decide to maybe cater to us then invite us back.
  • Options

Yeah stay away from that toxicity. It shouldn't be acceptable so make sure you report it too.

@simIrrevirre well let's face it. If we didn't want a new sims game none of us would have bought TS4. Telling us to go back to previous games is not acceptable when they have our money. If the devs want us to do that they should refund us and then when they decide to maybe cater to us then invite us back.

I'm always too shy to report people if that makes sense. I did it one time and had to ask a simguru to delete that report, because the person i reported didn't mean it like i thought he meant it. I also never know which reason i should pick for the report, so i just tell people if i disagree or feel like they're flamebaiting. Doesn't seem to be the easy way, though.
  • Options
    @Anemone7 that's the job of the moderators-they get reports then check things themselves so you shouldn't feel frightened to report. They are there to help :)
  • Options
    @Anemone7 that's the job of the moderators-they get reports then check things themselves so you shouldn't feel frightened to report. They are there to help :)

Yeah, i guess so. I just wish they would add "flamebaiting" as an option to the report button. "Harrassment" is to strong of a word for me personally.
  • Options
    I know @Anemone7 but they know that :)

Can anyone who downloads worlds from mts send me a pm if they fancy helping me? I'm useless :'(

Anyone got any pictures?
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Can anyone who downloads worlds from mts send me a pm if they fancy helping me? I'm useless :'(

Anyone got any pictures?
    Worlds for what springfairy?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Anyone got any pictures?
    Worlds for what springfairy?

TS3. I really want to play that Barcelona world but can't make sense of the instructions! :'(
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited October 2015
    Sparkfairy, you have to rename the downloaded files to get rid of the numbers in their names. I just delete the numbers in each file and leave the rest of the name alone.

I always put these files in their own folder. Then I start with the first one and right click to unzip it (I use 7 Zip and choose 'unzip here'). It automatically unzips all the files and you will end up with the S3P to put in your Downloads folder to install through the launcher.

*Edit - check your messages, I left you some additional info.

Loving everyone's pictures! Here's one I can contribute:

21501320791_bb98fea2df_c.jpg
    Post edited by HappySimmer3 on
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited October 2015

Those simmers seem "bitter" because others share a view that isn't theirs so they have to lash out and attack them, even if it's veiled with a wink and a smile. It's rather sad really.
    Post edited by GoldenBuffy on
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    You can also go to Nelixis' web page and just download it there. That's what I did a month or so ago to get it.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Seeing those picks above make me really miss family holidays with water sports like in the sims 3 :/

I don't think we will ever see that with the sims 4 :'(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Thank you @HappySimmer3 and @GoldenBuffy <3

@marcel21 we may do. But time will tell.
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1, I hope you enjoy the world as much as I have.! I'm really thinking about taking move of my families or a couple with no kids, and have them move them there. Just so I can explore and really get all the best of the world.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    @sparkfairy1, I hope you enjoy the world as much as I have.! I'm really thinking about taking move of my families or a couple with no kids, and have them move them there. Just so I can explore and really get all the best of the world.

I noticed some of the cc isn't available this weekend on the mts comments but hopefully it will be back soon and I can install it all successfully. It's a world I had stumbled across on the CAW section a while back and hugely admired so I'm really excited to see it in game. I wish I felt this excited for TS4!

I thought I'd start a new family to test it out and like you say make the most of it :)
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    If you go to his home page he has a rar file with all the cc.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I've been having fun playing Sims 2 ALL day! B) I'm playing my version of a "megahood," which is all the Maxis neighborhoods combined into one "world." I moved Goneril & Albany Capp into the Art Deco home that came with Mansions & Gardens stuff. Goneril has a job in Law, Albany is the stay-at-home parent. He's as happy as can be, spending his day teaching Ariel her toddler skills & painting while Ariel naps. Then then the older kids come home, he helps them with their homework.

Goneril wants Consort to choose daughter Miranda as the Capp heir. In my story Goneril introduced Juliette & Romeo so that Juliette would be out of the running. Goneril's dreams will be dashed when she finds out that Miranda has been secretly dating Mercutio Monty. Consort was one step ahead of Goneril anyway. When Juliette caught Romeo canoodling Sofia Baldwin, she broke it off, and Consort took the opportunity to introduce her to Dustin Broke. Dustin reminds Consort of himself at a young age, so he thinks Dustin will be perfect to take over after he retires.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Awesome pictures all. Right now I'm playing Mario with my boyfriend.

So no news about sims 4 and family play
    :) Smile!

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2015
    Best to flag it and let mods know about it. I just click hate speech for the name calling stuff. Offensive content can work at times too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Mandie997Mandie997 Posts: 155 Member
    Hello internet! I finally caved and played Sims 4. It is horrible. It's quite laggy, and I must admit I chuckle when my sims multitask or you know just make both tasks longer. Then there is that nagging little pause before they start something new. I really don't care for the game's premise at all, I don't want my sims to be emotional or moody sims. It's irritating trying to keep them in a decent mood. I even played baby/child/teen, which I realized was a massive joke. The baby is a fussy object. The child has no motor skills for it's apparent life state, at like what an 8 year old? The teen is an adult and looks the part. I am most irritated by the dishes. They even have a dishwashers but my sims seem to be unable to remember to load the dishwasher instead they just pile them even with the neat trait. Seems like a bug in the initial coding. The maid literally does nothing but collect money and make the bed. The only redeeming quality of the game is the doctor profession. Anywhoo I'm not going to invest in this sunken ship anymore, but at least I know I didn't miss anything! Yes, I'm up to date all patches. No CC or mods or any of that jazz.
  • Options
    @Mandie997 I'm sorry you had such a disappointing experience. I know that feeling well :(

@momboqueen thank you! <3

@Cabelle1863 that sounds amazing! <3
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Mandie997 wrote: »
    Hello internet! I finally caved and played Sims 4. It is horrible. It's quite laggy, and I must admit I chuckle when my sims multitask or you know just make both tasks longer. Then there is that nagging little pause before they start something new. I really don't care for the game's premise at all, I don't want my sims to be emotional or moody sims. It's irritating trying to keep them in a decent mood. I even played baby/child/teen, which I realized was a massive joke. The baby is a fussy object. The child has no motor skills for it's apparent life state, at like what an 8 year old? The teen is an adult and looks the part. I am most irritated by the dishes. They even have a dishwashers but my sims seem to be unable to remember to load the dishwasher instead they just pile them even with the neat trait. Seems like a bug in the initial coding. The maid literally does nothing but collect money and make the bed. The only redeeming quality of the game is the doctor profession. Anywhoo I'm not going to invest in this sunken ship anymore, but at least I know I didn't miss anything! Yes, I'm up to date all patches. No CC or mods or any of that jazz.

I agree about the multi tasking and moods, when I tried the trial last time it was just awful trying to tell my story, when my sims wanted to do (play with that blankety blank phone) or feel something else because of a painting or object in the room. duh. I did not enjoy the pauses...which were too long and too numerous.

I play Sims3 and have a sim in my legacy game who drew the mid life crisis when she aged up and I thought, ok, I have not done this, will see what happens. Well, several times a day she just stares off in space, groans or cries and then goes about her business, no pause, no lag...it just happens and it does not interrupt the queue that is set up for her. It is seamless and not intrusive at all. I've added it to the story line as well because it is seamless and kinda funny at times. If she did it more it would be annoying. The timing is not too bad on it. It is like someone played it, and tweaked it perfectly. Ya think anyone plays Sims4 over there? I found the pauses and attempts to do what they wanted based on what was in the room or set up in code as high 'fun' in Sim4 extremely intrusive and annoying for the way I play my game. I cannot rule in my world, EA does and I have no desire to play their game. I want my Sims vision back. I like being in control with occasionally letting them have their way. I don't want to have to deal with extreme emotions from objects and constant ups and downs of those.
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    Over a thousand pages...I'm doing it.

tumblr_m4h445r3x01rvwq31o1_400.gif

Late to the party, but still. I feel the same way Patrick looks.
    2750512.gif~c200

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top