Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#wheresfree - Beary Surprising! 12/05

Comments

• Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    The sightings are all so exciting! Elder has sadly passed away in my game :(

That's the main reason why I didn't keep him in my game. I really wanted him to continue to be around, but I felt like it would be too sad for him to pass away before he manages to finds Free, so he only got to be a temporary visitor.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

That's the main reason why I didn't keep him in my game. I really wanted him to continue to be around, but I felt like it would be too sad for him to pass away before he manages to finds Free, so he only got to be a temporary visitor.

That's cool! That's sort of how I was envisioning the whole thing happening in my mind, but I'm really glad that I didn't specify that or lay down any "rules" because it's amazing and fun to see all the ways that this is developing!

Plus, it's all about having fun--and who needs rules to have fun?
    Hahaha I totally love this idea! If my story weren't so serious/dramatic (and so meticulously planned-out haha) I would totally do this! I did download Elder for fun though, and he wanders around the neighborhood in another of my saves :P

Isn't he an awesome Sim? He sparkles!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

That's cool! That's sort of how I was envisioning the whole thing happening in my mind, but I'm really glad that I didn't specify that or lay down any "rules" because it's amazing and fun to see all the ways that this is developing!

Hahaha I totally love this idea! If my story weren't so serious/dramatic (and so meticulously planned-out haha) I would totally do this! I did download Elder for fun though, and he wanders around the neighborhood in another of my saves :P

It WAS really fun seeing him around. He attended three birthday parties and two weddings! I just see him as someone who left a part from him in my game when he left to search for his son in other places!
  • Options

It WAS really fun seeing him around. He attended three birthday parties and two weddings! I just see him as someone who left a part from him in my game when he left to search for his son in other places!

That's a cool way of looking at it!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Such a cool idea!
    I may join if I'm not too late (my Bears have so much news I haven't told yet! I need quite a lot of time to write about everything that's happened)
  • Options

That's beautiful! *sob*
  • Options
    chealsycat wrote: »
    Such a cool idea!
    I may join if I'm not too late (my Bears have so much news I haven't told yet! I need quite a lot of time to write about everything that's happened)

Oh, I'd love to have him roaming around with the bears! You know, if his son is in a bear costume, he might walk right past him and not even notice him!

• Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member

I stuck him in my Timeless save. It's like @Munterbacon gallery idea. (and with my hotel) where sims are just dropping in and out on there way for to other adventures. It's kind of like a waiting room or a vacation location.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    ra3rei wrote: »

I stuck him in my Timeless save. It's like @Munterbacon gallery idea. (and with my hotel) where sims are just dropping in and out on there way for to other adventures. It's kind of like a waiting room or a vacation location.

I'm gonna have so much fun with this when "he" gets back! ("He" actually never left the save where he lives, except through copying! Oooh! Last night I watched a STNG episode about cloning! Riker was like, "No way am I going to let you clone me!" But multiple instances isn't exactly cloning--not the way I see it--for I see that there's a connection between the individual instances...)

• Options

I'm gonna have so much fun with this when "he" gets back! ("He" actually never left the save where he lives, except through copying! Oooh! Last night I watched a STNG episode about cloning! Riker was like, "No way am I going to let you clone me!" But multiple instances isn't exactly cloning--not the way I see it--for I see that there's a connection between the individual instances...)

Yeah - multiple instances is more akin to multiple universes as well. Then you can have a connection between the spaces between the universes. It's the same person, but in a different environment. Clones are more two people in the same universe - like @BBQPenguinWings post for Rory with all the different Penguins. Or when all the CTs get together on the same hard drive.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    I don't think the CTs see themselves as clones, for each is a discrete individual. What about the Penguins, @BBQPenguinWings ?

I do think they the CTs view themselves as dopplegangers--except for Curmudgeon (aka Animal Hat Camp Counselor) for she's sort of like the mother hen of the CTs, there to support and give guidance to each.

I like all the Bellas, other Goths and other premades in CasusBella2. It's interesting with the premades who start out as kids or teens, because they'll be randomly assigned traits as they age up, so they can be very different!

Sort of like the @Jes2G 's.

I intended to have all the CTS have different traits, but then when I looked at them, they're pretty much all the same (I think), except Camp Counselor/Curmudgeon, who's goofball for the others' cheerful.

• Options
    Ah - that makes even more sense. Dopplegangers. Even if their initial traits are the same, they'll have different other traits potentially from aspirations and purchases.
  • Options
    I don't think the CTs see themselves as clones, for each is a discrete individual. What about the Penguins, @BBQPenguinWings ?

I do think they the CTs view themselves as dopplegangers-except for Curmudgeon (aka Animal Hat Camp Counselor) for she's sort of like the mother hen of the CTs, there to support and give guidance to each.

First time i ever read this word in an english Harry Potter book, i was extremely irritated because it's german lol.
  • Options

I do think they the CTs view themselves as dopplegangers-except for Curmudgeon (aka Animal Hat Camp Counselor) for she's sort of like the mother hen of the CTs, there to support and give guidance to each.

First time i ever read this word in an english Harry Potter book, i was extremely irritated because it's german lol.

But there are lots of German words that have been adopted in English--like zeitgeist. And most are amazing words that we barely have concept for--hence not words for--in English! That's why we have to borrow both the thought and the word from the German! :)

• Options
    edited July 2015

But there are lots of German words that have been adopted in English--like zeitgeist. And most are amazing words that we barely have concept for--hence not words for--in English! That's why we have to borrow both the thought and the word from the German! :)

I once watched a Boston Legal episode called "Schadenfreude" and Alan Shore said that only we germans could come up with such a word lol
    I guess it was so irritating because after that there were a few german sentences also and my brain thought: "WAIT A MINUTE! Should i switch back to german, now?!"
    But sorry for hijacking your thread, i'm done now ;)
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • Options

I once watched a Boston Legal episode called "Schadenfreude" and Alan Shore said that only we germans could come up with such a word lol
    I guess it was so irritating because after that there were a few german sentences also and my braing thought: "WAIT A MINUTE! Should i switch back to german, now?!"
    But sorry for hijacking your thread, i'm done now ;)

That's so funny! But it probably didn't sound like German, right? Shad-en-Frode. And Zite-giste! And Dopple-gang-er. Americanized German!

But, you know, you've probably got lots of English/American words in German, and every Western country has tons of Latinates!

• Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    Yay, @Munterbacon ! That was so much fun! And thank you for contributing to Game-Awareness lore with your insights into the Gallery! Awesome! I'd like to book a vacation there for myself!

I'm glad you liked it, would love to see your spin on the Gallery! Zig-Zag Zen will always be available for vacationing simselves and characters... Well... When it gets uploaded that is :p

Super fun! I'm thinking maybe Young CT and Elder will need a honeymoon there when they get reunited! They've never had a honeymoon... and their only romantic getaway with the two of them was to Bilmonaghan '🐸🐸🐸🐸-GAS events and then they had to stay in separate houses!

Great idea!!! I placed it in Newcrest in the neighbourhood with the 40x20 lot. You can't really tell in the story, but all the houses on this strip are the same, just different exterior colour scheme, and modified to fit 8 sims. They're another users creation but I can upload them with proper credit to them if you want matching "Gallery Houses" =)

I'm not sure if I'll use the houses or not... I've still got to figure out how it will all fit in... I sort of like the idea of this nebulous floating world... *thinking....thinking* I will definitely use Zig-Zag.

Oh, you know! @ra3rei 's got this neat hotel I might use, too...

I do think they the CTs view themselves as dopplegangers--except for Curmudgeon (aka Animal Hat Camp Counselor) for she's sort of like the mother hen of the CTs, there to support and give guidance to each.

I like all the Bellas, other Goths and other premades in CasusBella2. It's interesting with the premades who start out as kids or teens, because they'll be randomly assigned traits as they age up, so they can be very different!

I intended to have all the CTS have different traits, but then when I looked at them, they're pretty much all the same (I think), except Camp Counselor/Curmudgeon, who's goofball for the others' cheerful.

I totally think they see themselves as individuals esp the original, fairy god mother one. She sees herself as very different from the others. They each have a different purpose, voice, and even different traits... Although there are one or two with a trait or traits in common. Perhaps they are quadruplets... Well triplets. Baby penguin is a baby while the others are young adults. Maybe siblings, fits because they are similar is certain ways but also differing. I see them as different aspects of who I am/was/could be.
    Must be my air sign ;)@JordanNicoleJJ
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Yay, @Munterbacon ! That was so much fun! And thank you for contributing to Game-Awareness lore with your insights into the Gallery! Awesome! I'd like to book a vacation there for myself!

I'm glad you liked it, would love to see your spin on the Gallery! Zig-Zag Zen will always be available for vacationing simselves and characters... Well... When it gets uploaded that is :p

Super fun! I'm thinking maybe Young CT and Elder will need a honeymoon there when they get reunited! They've never had a honeymoon... and their only romantic getaway with the two of them was to Bilmonaghan '🐸🐸🐸🐸-GAS events and then they had to stay in separate houses!

Great idea!!! I placed it in Newcrest in the neighbourhood with the 40x20 lot. You can't really tell in the story, but all the houses on this strip are the same, just different exterior colour scheme, and modified to fit 8 sims. They're another users creation but I can upload them with proper credit to them if you want matching "Gallery Houses" =)

I'm not sure if I'll use the houses or not... I've still got to figure out how it will all fit in... I sort of like the idea of this nebulous floating world... *thinking....thinking* I will definitely use Zig-Zag.

I totally think they see themselves as individuals esp the original, fairy god mother one. She sees herself as very different from the others.

They each have a different purpose, voice, and even different traits... Although there are one or two with a trait or traits in common. Perhaps they are quadruplets... Well triplets. Baby penguin is a baby while the others are young adults. Maybe siblings, fits because they are similar is certain ways but also differing. I see them as different aspects of who I am/was/could be.

I wish you could delete posts. At least for accidental ones like this lol
  • Options

I totally think they see themselves as individuals esp the original, fairy god mother one. She sees herself as very different from the others.

They each have a different purpose, voice, and even different traits... Although there are one or two with a trait or traits in common. Perhaps they are quadruplets... Well triplets. Baby penguin is a baby while the others are young adults. Maybe siblings, fits because they are similar is certain ways but also differing. I see them as different aspects of who I am/was/could be.

Like the @Jes2G s and maybe doppelganger fits ct
  • Options
    It's kinda funny--I do for sure see all the Miss Penguins as being very unique and individual. The Jes2Gs, too.

With the CTs, they're part of multiplicity, I think. I see them really with one soul... different instances of being that share a soul. So the experience of one informs the experience of the other. I think that is what multiplicity is.

*quickly checks which thread she's on to make sure she's not NewAging somebody else's thread* whew! My thread! I can be as out there as I want!

• Options
    Elder takes advantage of his time on the Gallery with @Munterbacon to sneak off on his own for a brief interlude with Young CT:

Houseful of Hippies: Meet Me In the Gallery

• Options
    Elder takes advantage of his time on the Gallery with @Munterbacon to sneak off on his own for a brief interlude with Young CT:

Houseful of Hippies: Meet Me In the Gallery

Aww <3
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Sooooooo AMAZING!!! :) Loved everything about it! <3
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    <3<3 Love this.
  • Options
    Sooooooo AMAZING!!! :) Loved everything about it! <3

Munter, thanks so much for helping us find a plot line we could travel so these two could catch up with each other a bit. They were getting lonely... :)

And didn't Zig-zag Zen look amazing in the background?
    <3<3 Love this.

Thanks, rae. Me, too!