Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#wheresfree - Beary Surprising! 12/05

Comments

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    ra3rei wrote: »
    CathyTea wrote: »

And for an amazing bit of kismet, as well as small-worldness, as well as nostalgia, as well as awesome SimLit trivia, that chapter is the one where the famous Reagan (Bill's Sim) talks about going to @FloorRaisin 's hard-drive, which, coincidentally enough, is Elder's home world... which ties this all together in a very tidy little bow-tie.

A time bow-tie. :)

[img]http://mtv.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/tumblr_m6no6hQypE1rsmws3o1_500.gif[/img]
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

And for an amazing bit of kismet, as well as small-worldness, as well as nostalgia, as well as awesome SimLit trivia, that chapter is the one where the famous Reagan (Bill's Sim) talks about going to @FloorRaisin 's hard-drive, which, coincidentally enough, is Elder's home world... which ties this all together in a very tidy little bow-tie.

Oh, right, yes! Just the other night, I was hearing the Star Trek guys talking about the moebius time loop!

Oh! Here's something funny! So with all the time-space stuff and ideas, and all these ideas of multiplicity... I was wondering, "Where did I ever learn these ideas?" for it's nothing I've ever studied.

Well, Jim and I are currently watching all the Star Trek Next Gen episodes... it's his first time through, and my sort-of second time through. As we're watching these, I am realizing that all I know about the time-space thingy, and multiple instances of selves, I learned through my first viewing of Star Trek Next Gen in the early 1990s. But here's the weird thing--the first time I watched it, I slept through every episode! I'd come home from teaching, put on STNG and take a nap! But all those ideas got in there... and I'm finding that I'm remembering all these key concepts--but not the plots--when we're actually watching it awake this time!

I guess it's true what they say that if you watch something while you're asleep, the ideas and concepts can really get woven into your subconscious!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Megg87 wrote: »

[img]http://mtv.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/tumblr_m6no6hQypE1rsmws3o1_500.gif[/img]

Bow-ties are massively cool.

Elder would look amazing in a bow-tie.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member

Elder would make a fantastic time lord... :wink:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options

Elder would make a fantastic time lord... :wink:

Whoa @JordanNicoleJJ

I think that Elder may be involved with exploring multiplicity in other ways... but one never knows how timey wimey stuff might touch the family!

• Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Ooh the excitement build @JordanNicoleJJ - this should be interesting.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ I love that chapter! It will be so exciting to see what their plan is--and any sighting of them is great because... I miss them! :)

• Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Finally I've got my Elder sighting up in Chapter 11 of After the Wedding. Fun fact: Henry David has a really similar voice to Elder. @CathyTea
  • Options
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Finally I've got my Elder sighting up in Chapter 11 of After the Wedding. Fun fact: Henry David has a really similar voice to Elder. @CathyTea

Ooh I liked how you told this! I'm going to have to go back and read the whole thing now. :)
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

Hi, MakPlays! Hey, somehow I completely missed this when you posted it! I think it was one of those mega-posty days, so this thread got bumped off the first page by the time I got online.

Really nice job! I love the way this fit into your whole story, and I'm so excited to read your upcoming chapters!

• Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    edited July 2015
    Elder has been spotted amongst a curious selection of simselves in Spa-Time Adventures at Zig-Zag Zen (Part 2).

The story takes place within "The Gallery" itself, and is one of the few places where Elder can put his feet up and relax without having to worry about Free.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    That was epically fun-looking!
  • Options
    Yay, @Munterbacon ! That was so much fun! And thank you for contributing to Game-Awareness lore with your insights into the Gallery! Awesome! I'd like to book a vacation there for myself!

• Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    The sightings are all so exciting! Elder has sadly passed away in my game :(
  • Options
    Yay, @Munterbacon ! That was so much fun! And thank you for contributing to Game-Awareness lore with your insights into the Gallery! Awesome! I'd like to book a vacation there for myself!

I'm glad you liked it, would love to see your spin on the Gallery! Zig-Zag Zen will always be available for vacationing simselves and characters... Well... When it gets uploaded that is :p
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    marcellala wrote: »

Oh! Poor baby! I think I may have him deal with that (with passing in other games) when he comes back to the hippies!

• Options

I'm glad you liked it, would love to see your spin on the Gallery! Zig-Zag Zen will always be available for vacationing simselves and characters... Well... When it gets uploaded that is :p

Super fun! I'm thinking maybe Young CT and Elder will need a honeymoon there when they get reunited! They've never had a honeymoon... and their only romantic getaway with the two of them was to Bilmonaghan '🐸🐸🐸🐸-GAS events and then they had to stay in separate houses!

• Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    marcellala wrote: »

Oh! Poor baby! I think I may have him deal with that (with passing in other games) when he comes back to the hippies!

Don't worry about him in my game- he won't age unless I play him :)
  • Options

Super fun! I'm thinking maybe Young CT and Elder will need a honeymoon there when they get reunited! They've never had a honeymoon... and their only romantic getaway with the two of them was to Bilmonaghan '🐸🐸🐸🐸-GAS events and then they had to stay in separate houses!

Great idea!!! I placed it in Newcrest in the neighbourhood with the 40x20 lot. You can't really tell in the story, but all the houses on this strip are the same, just different exterior colour scheme, and modified to fit 8 sims. They're another users creation but I can upload them with proper credit to them if you want matching "Gallery Houses" =)
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Options

Great idea!!! I placed it in Newcrest in the neighbourhood with the 40x20 lot. You can't really tell in the story, but all the houses on this strip are the same, just different exterior colour scheme, and modified to fit 8 sims. They're another users creation but I can upload them with proper credit to them if you want matching "Gallery Houses" =)

I'm not sure if I'll use the houses or not... I've still got to figure out how it will all fit in... I sort of like the idea of this nebulous floating world... *thinking....thinking* I will definitely use Zig-Zag.

Oh, you know! @ra3rei 's got this neat hotel I might use, too...

• Options
    manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member
    They were "culled" out.... :p
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"
  • Options
    manda9801 wrote: »
    They were "culled" out.... :p

Aw. victims of culling! did you post a chapter with Elder? I don't think I've linked to it...

• Options
    edited July 2015

I'm not sure if I'll use the houses or not... I've still got to figure out how it will all fit in... I sort of like the idea of this nebulous floating world... *thinking....thinking* I will definitely use Zig-Zag.

Oh, you know! @ra3rei 's got this neat hotel I might use, too...

True!!!

And who's to say those houses would still be there anyway, the Gallery might be featuring new lots by then :smiley:
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Hahaha I totally love this idea! If my story weren't so serious/dramatic (and so meticulously planned-out haha) I would totally do this! I did download Elder for fun though, and he wanders around the neighborhood in another of my saves :P
    snvAF3B.png