Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#wheresfree - Beary Surprising! 12/05

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

@plastiekzakske I have this page bookmarked: http://mystufforigin.blogspot.pt/search/label/Hair
    That's where most (98%) of my cc hair is from. I have over 300 cc items in-game right now, and other than occasionally getting a 'last exception' file in my EA folder, I haven't had any crash/bug issues.

My theory on crashes/bugs is that Sims cause them when they're unhappy with the conditions of the game somehow. So... keep your Sims happy and they won't crash your game... AND cc keeps your Sims happy!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Aahhahaha, this topic.

@FloorRaisin Yes, give in to the cc hair.

@plastiekzakske I have this page bookmarked: http://mystufforigin.blogspot.pt/search/label/Hair
    That's where most (98%) of my cc hair is from. I have over 300 cc items in-game right now, and other than occasionally getting a 'last exception' file in my EA folder, I haven't had any crash/bug issues.

@CathyTea After S-GAS, I'm terrified of doing another big 'Simposium,' because I think that's what burnt me out on all-things-Sims the first time, but I would LOVE for Bliss and Sugar to meet... She'll be around for awhile, being Long-Lived and all. Let me know if/when you wanna figure something out for them... I think I'd enjoy a nice autonomous get-together.

Oh no, I love the hair in this three, a lot different to the cc I usually see... But I've been vanilla in the Sims 4 all the way up till now !
  • Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ wow, thanks! I've seen some cool ones. And they have clothes from different time periodes too. I always wanted to play a legacy where you start in like 1850 and take sepia pics to match the era. After that, you work your way up over time and generations with different clothing styles.

Back in the Sims 3 I always liked starting my legacies in Roaring Heights and make my way from the 20s to the present.
  • Options
    RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    edited July 2015
    @plastiekzakske thank you for sharing the site

I just downloaded a lot of things from there...
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @JordanNicoleJJ wow, thanks! I've seen some cool ones. And they have clothes from different time periodes too. I always wanted to play a legacy where you start in like 1850 and take sepia pics to match the era. After that, you work your way up over time and generations with different clothing styles.

Back in the Sims 3 I always liked starting my legacies in Roaring Heights and make my way from the 20s to the present.

What a cool idea! I loved that neighborhood--it reminded me of places in CA where I've lived--but I always redid everyone's fashion to present day Hippie. My SimSelf was in the fashion career and she'd go around making-over everyone! LOL!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    ShannonSimsFanShannonSimsFan Posts: 67 Member
    I'm just popping in to say, we're leaving early in the morning so I already posted the #wheresfree post in the Tesla's story. I can't post links yet here, (I think) but it is at www.simdalevalleypost.com/an-epic-space-time-thingy-kind-of-party/

It was awesome to get to know Elder and participate in this!
    banner_zpsq7jv57ue.png
    Take Me to the Moon: A Sims 4 Legacy-Style Story
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I also posted a preview of my chapter and called Elder Eldrad lol. But i fixed it.
  • Options
    I'm just popping in to say, we're leaving early in the morning so I already posted the #wheresfree post in the Tesla's story. I can't post links yet here, (I think) but it is at www.simdalevalleypost.com/an-epic-space-time-thingy-kind-of-party/

Oosh! I am so excited! It's sort of (make that VERY) fan-girly for me to see Elder *

Have a lovely long weekend!

• Options
    marcellala wrote: »
    I also posted a preview of my chapter and called Elder Eldrad lol. But i fixed it.

He can be known as Eldrad in your game! (That's an awesome name!) I think when he gets home, Young CT will call him "Eldrad." It's romantic!

• Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

Oosh! I am so excited! It's sort of (make that VERY) fan-girly for me to see Elder *

Have a lovely long weekend!

Shannon, this is so beautifully profound. Thank you.

Elder Visits Shannon's Hard-Drive

• Options
    edited July 2015
    How does our imagination and our understanding of (and our love for) our Sims inform their actions and behaviors? Look at Shannon's post, in which Elder was autonomous throughout--He is Elder, regardless of where he is.

I am reminded of Data, my all-time favorite Star Trek character, who said, "I am the culmination of one man's dream. This is not ego or vanity, but when Doctor Soong created me, he added to the substance of the universe. If, by your experiments, I am destroyed, something unique – something wonderful – will be lost. "

I feel that our Sims--combined with our love, respect, and honor of them--adds to the substance of the universe.

The next time a Sim is culled--or deleted through Manage Households--think of this. What uniqueness, what wonderfulness, was lost?

What do we learn through the love we hold for our Sims?

We learn so much, for through loving these beautiful Sims, our capacity for love--our respect for the miracle of diversity--grows and expands!

Digital being... is still being.

• Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Well...I know what I'm doing when I get on ts4 this evening...downloading Elder. I have a fantastic idea for this.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited July 2015
    Elder showed up in my game last night and I'm trying to think of what to do with the situation. One of the triplets was really mean to him! :cold_sweat:
    Post edited by Meggles on
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I posted my and Valentina's encounter with Elder: Misunderstandings (#wheresfree)
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Elder was in my game last night as well. We're working on the post now. It was a great conversation. BTW, ever seen Elder bored?! He looks so different when he's not smiling!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    ra3rei wrote: »
    BTW, ever seen Elder bored?! He looks so different when he's not smiling!

I have! ;D I like his straight face a lot. He looks like his grandpa then.
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    Megg87 wrote: »
    Elder showed up in my game last night and I'm trying to think of what to do with the situation. One of the triplets was really mean to him! :cold_sweat:

You know, Megg--I was thinking that it might have something to do with Aya! Aya is his room-mate at home, and she's actually a huge reason that he and Young CT even got together, and she's one of Free-Jon's idols... anyway, since elder Aya is there, it would make sense that the triplets might be a little territorial or generally ticked off at him, living with the just-turned-adult Aya in an alternate universe!

And... what's funny... is that just the night before, he was at the Teslas hanging out with an elder Alexander Goth (and the Young Adult Alexander Goth is his roomie with the hippies!).

• Options
    I posted my and Valentina's encounter with Elder: Misunderstandings ( #wheresfree )

That was so fun! I really enjoy the humor that you added. Valentina is awesome, huh?

• Options
    I posted my and Valentina's encounter with Elder: Misunderstandings ( #wheresfree )

That was so fun! I really enjoy the humor that you added. Valentina is awesome, huh?

Yeah i'm pretty happy i chose her as the heir.
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member

You know, Megg--I was thinking that it might have something to do with Aya! Aya is his room-mate at home, and she's actually a huge reason that he and Young CT even got together, and she's one of Free-Jon's idols... anyway, since elder Aya is there, it would make sense that the triplets might be a little territorial or generally ticked off at him, living with the just-turned-adult Aya in an alternate universe!

And... what's funny... is that just the night before, he was at the Teslas hanging out with an elder Alexander Goth (and the Young Adult Alexander Goth is his roomie with the hippies!).

I remembered that they were roommates today when I was writing and said "DOI!" Of course! :smiley: I can work with that, definitely! I have to get some more pictures, too, because I had less than I remembered! Great idea, @Cathytea!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options

I remembered that they were roommates today when I was writing and said "DOI!" Of course! :smiley: I can work with that, definitely! I have to get some more pictures, too, because I had less than I remembered! Great idea, @Cathytea!

I find it so funny that he got to hang out with his roomie Alex and now with Aya and her descendents! It's a good thing that he's so geeky and doesn't get freaked out by time-space stuff.

And gee... I really miss him and Free now that they're off gamboling through hard-drives everywhere! Come home, babies! We miss you! <3

• Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I'm sorry I didn't put much effort into it but here's my #wheresfree episode!
    http://sims4fletcher.blogspot.com/2015/07/ts4-big-brother-episode-10-hoh.html
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »

You're always so critical with yourself! It's a perfectly fine elder sighting!
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member

You're always so critical with yourself! It's a perfectly fine elder sighting!

Haha, I'm my own biggest critic, especially in this environment, everyone is so nice!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options

Elder on Big Brother! He sure gets to try a lot of stuff on his search quest haha!