Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited December 2014
    Vacilios wrote: »
    I pretty much love everything about the game! New CAS is amazing. It was one of my favorite things to do in TS3, and it's even better now! <br />
    <br />
    What I have suggestions regarding:<br />
    <br />
    I suppose in the grand scheme of things this isn't a huge deal, but I was upset to find that there was no Christian themed object in the Holiday Pack. There was a Menorah as well as a Kinara, but there was nothing Christian related to complete the set. I just was disappointed that the other religions or observances that celebrate holidays around this time of year were represented, but Christmas was not. If there was any way to have an addendum update to the Holiday pack for a fix, that would be greatly appreciated.

Too late, obviously for this year, but you're right, they don't have any Christian Christmas decorations. Just the tree, wreath, and if anyone noticed, some Christmas-like music that plays when you load the game (and I'm nearly certain that this "Christmas-like" music will remain well past the Season)
    As for the Menorah and Kinara, I think those are the only two symbols they could use for their respective holidays and that they were otherwise trying to be as generic as possible. Christmas seems to be the one out of all of them with both Christian and secular symbols.

Those were all I saw anyway.

• Options
    SylvSylv Posts: 885 Member
    edited December 2014
    Derf wrote> Teen being visually and functionally identical to adults, no pools in the launch, no ghosts, no toddlers... was Sims 4 pushed out the door?
    Well it's a good thing for you that they fixed all of those with updates besides the toddlers.
    tumblr_naeqm3rHmH1tca3q3o1_400.gif
    Origin ID: SylvRo
    Sims 4 Current Household: Generation 11

• Options
    Morgan203Morgan203 Posts: 29 Member
    Suggestions

Bakery Game pack
    Similar to how the Sims 2 with all the desserts that were in the Sims 3. Also let Sims have the ability to have home bakeries and have online orders.

Restaurant game pack
    Similar to the Sims 2 when you would actually get waited on.
    Have a town that specialize in different food and be able to enter food cook offs

Careers
    (1)Law
    (2)Dancer (have three branches (1) ballet, (2) Ice skater, and (3) Broadway performer
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Everything is a improvement in the Sims 4. ;)
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    colton147 wrote: »

Jabba go home, you're drunk on Justine Keaton.

I think CAS was a major improvement, and I like that they allowed for different aging scenarios because that brings back rotational gameplay for the players who enjoy it, however other than that Sims 4 was a downgrade.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    dmel25 wrote: »
    colton147 wrote: »

Jabba go home, you're drunk on Justine Keaton.

I think CAS was a major improvement, and I like that they allowed for different aging scenarios because that brings back rotational gameplay for the players who enjoy it, however other than that Sims 4 was a downgrade.

You know it's true. <3:kiss:<3
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Maybe I need more coffee or something but the main post is hard to read. I do get the jist of the message though. The OP does not like Sims4.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Well this is what happens if you choose media and Facebook games as an inspiration for making this game. Their "vision" is truly marvelous. #BestGame2k14
  • Options
    chlojanexchlojanex Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know when The Sims 4 will be on ps3?
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    > @chlojanex said:
    > Does anyone know when The Sims 4 will be on ps3?

Aye aye aye.... Let them finish the other half of the PC version first.
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    Om358Om358 Posts: 178 Member
    edited December 2014
    Sims4 has continued to be a pain in the backside since I brought the disk home. From crashing on my Win7 32 bit system, forcing me to install Win7 64 bit to it's current bugs, there are truly too many to list. After installing the December patch there are now even more bugs, bugs on top of bugs on top of bugs. Your help forum is overrun with them and the list continues to grow. And so being truly BORED and frustrated with the game I uninstalled and went back to playing Sims2 and I have to say, I had way too much fun making this;

http://youtu.be/LtavvH-l16A

Yes EA, a 10 year old game that you recently gave away for free and no longer support is far more entertaining, charming, wacky and just downright fun than what you've currently come up with in Sims4. I may come back to 4 after you've worked all the bugs out and added back more of the features that have made this franchise worthwhile. But for now I'm going back to enjoying my free time with a game I actually enjoy.

Edit: I want to include this link because it illustrates my point:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-Bugs/td-p/3445209

This is indeed a very long list.
    Post edited by Om358 on
  • Options
    101Gamer101Gamer Posts: 131 Member
    Updated my post:
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13081451/#Comment_13081451

WHAT YOU DIDN'T LIKE
    No Open World. Major disappoint.
    Slowest loading screens ever insults modern technology.
    The Sims 4 is about Emotions and reduced CPU power consumption. Right?
    Also, complete agree with this.
  • Options
    KoalagirllKoalagirll Posts: 297 Member
    I have been playing the Sims 4 for a little while now, and I decided to load up the Sims 3, to compare. OMG! SO many differences! The Sims 4 loads much much faster than the Sims 3, and it never crashes, whereas the Sims 3 crashed after only 5 minutes of playing it again. There is so much more freedom in CAS than in the Sims 3, but no create a style?! That is so not smart at all, EA... Also, no open world is a downside to the Sims 4. There are not even many lots in the Sims 4, and nowhere near as many lot types as in the Sims 3. Another thing, in the Sims 3, you could easily switch back and forth between characters on different lots. In the Sims 4, you have to wait for it to load. Yes, it loads fast, but still, that's not my point. You should also be able to choose more traits for sims in the Sims 4, at least the adults should be able to have more traits, like in the Sims 3. I honestly think that the best thing about the Sims 4 is how much you can customize in CAS. And one last thing. I know that Sims 4 is kinda a new game and all, but I really want some expansion packs out soon! Some of the Sims 3 expansion packs added so much content and game play, and I think that that would really help make Sims 4 more likable!

The single most important (to me) suggestion that I have is to make an expansion pack; preferably a Pets expansion pack. I think that if EA could create a great expansion pack, people might be able to overcome all the disappointments in the Sims 4, and see that there is a great expansion pack. I suggested a Pets expansion pack because that was my personal favorite expansion pack for the Sims 3, and I know many people that would love to have horses and dogs in the Sims 4, especially me.

So EA, I am sure that if you added some things to the Sims 4 and provided GOOD expansion packs, people would greatly appreciate it, and they would like the Sims 4 more.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I just want TS2 sims in TS3 worlds. :( I DON'T WANT ANYTHING THAT REMINDS ME OF 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Let's just think of it as a bad memory.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited December 2014
    I was wary of the fact that there was little to no information about the Sims 4 prior to release (yet there were pre-orders a year out?!), and I wasn't sold on what I was seeing in the "Let's Play"s after release; but I still bought the game at full price and decided to give it a chance-as I've been playing the Sims for 15 years and have yet to dislike a single iteration.

Until now.

I'm not going to go into detail about all the things I "like" and "dislike" about the game. They've ALL been covered by hundreds of people before me in this thread and across these forums. I will say that I really enjoy the look of the Sims and their world, and it's the first Sims game for which I've downloaded no CC for the actual Sims, since I see no need. Mods, on the other hand...for someone who has never used mods in previous games (No, not even NRaas) to feel that they need 30+ mods to SOMEWHAT achieve the type of sandbox gameplay they are used to and fix the bugs that EAxis hasn't bothered to...well, there's something.

I think what bothers me the most about this release and watching these forums and the general reaction to the game elsewhere, is the stubborn insistence on the part of EA that this game is great just as it is and that we, the consumer, just aren't understanding and appreciating it properly. I keep seeing this term "vision" bandied about, and while I appreciate that you seem to have an idea of where you want the game to go, is it really too much to ask that the actual CONSUMERS of the product be given a say in that vision? Another game that I play regularly is Final Fantasy 14. When that game was released in 2010, it was universally bashed by critics and players alike. There was quite the uproar, not unlike the reaction to this game. People expected more from the company that had released the game, Square Enix, and they weren't holding back in telling them so. Now here's the difference; Square tried to salvage the game but it just wasn't going to happen, the game was going to require a complete overhaul to make their players happy. So that's exactly what they did. They literally destroyed the game world in a Cataclysmic World Event, shut down servers, fired the team that had produced it and APOLOGIZED for the state of the game. Yes, you read that correctly. they acknowledged to their loyal customers that they had released a bad product and promised to do better by them. They then formed a new team and, 2 years later, re-released Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn. A game that has been lauded by critics and beloved by fans. A true Cinderella story in the gaming world.

Now, do I want to see Sims 4 scrapped and rebooted? I don't know, I think I'd rather it not need to be that drastic; but while, in some respects, I see where they were trying to go with this base game, I am just not convinced that they will ever be able to make a game that will satisfy all of their fans within this iteration. And if they can't manage to do that, then I see no hope for this game until Sims 5 (if it's ever released).

I LOVE the Sims. I WANT to play for hours and hours on end. I WANT to be excited about upcoming EPs; but right now all I am is wary and suspicious and angry, yes, angry that this game franchise has become what it is. EA, you need to learn how to communicate with your most loyal fans, most of whom are on this forum voicing their thoughts every day. Stop hiding your heads in the sand, we're not going away.
    Post edited by mortia on
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    edited December 2014
    (edit: thanks for moving. this is not a feedback thread :()

46350.jpg
    understand? this is experience.........
    Post edited by Senbre on
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    EA only listens to feedback (on social media, mind you) that fits their vision or if sales of a game is low. Otherwise, they couldn't care less.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    DenuvoDenuvo Posts: 10 New Member
    You know too much.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Yup spot on. Sims 4 wouldn't be the way it was if they actually listened to us.... They just care only about money.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Yup spot on. Sims 4 wouldn't be the way it was if they actually listened to us.... They just care only about money.

That makes no sense. If they wanted money, they should have listened rather than pay attention to the few people who left their stats open to observation while playing.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

That makes no sense. If they wanted money, they should have listened rather than pay attention to the few people who left their stats open to observation while playing.
    It makes perfect sense because they knew people will buy it anyways. Most people didn't expect this game to be this bad....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Wait, and you didn't leave it open?
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Psh what? You tellin me they don't listen? Course they do, that's why we have all these loading screens, rpg/mmo and no more sandbox play. :unamused:
  • Options
    Hinnoriel Hinnoriel Posts: 118 Member
    I'll i can think is what the hell were they thinking not releasing an expansion pack it had better be in development or everyone's going to be severely disappointed. We can camp but we don't have weather outside smh
    comewhatmaysignature1_zps04fe51b2.jpg
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    What do you expect? That they'll do what you want with a click of their magic fingers?