Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Yup spot on. Sims 4 wouldn't be the way it was if they actually listened to us.... They just care only about money.

Are you sure?

EA read that people didn't like rabbitholes. So they omitted them,
    EA read that people didn't like to play with toddlers. So they omitted them.
    EA read that people didn't like the disconnected worlds which was a consequence of the open world. So they connected the worlds and omitted the open world instead.
    EA read that people didn't like their story progression. So they omitted it.

Maybe EA actually listen a little too much?

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    Yup spot on. Sims 4 wouldn't be the way it was if they actually listened to us.... They just care only about money.

Are you sure?

EA read that people didn't like the disconnected worlds which was a consequence of the open world. So they connected the worlds and omitted the open world instead.

They listen, but in the wrong way.
    People wanted open venues, not rabbitholes. EA took the easy way and removed them.
    People wanted fully-fleshed toddlers. EA took the easy way and removed them.
    People wanted options, either rotational or story progression. EA took the easy way and removed it.

Exactly!!! They didn't ask *why* people wanted changes, they just deleted everything. And it seems that taking the advice of the vocal minority (as it now appears) has really screwed them. I was one of the happy ones, the forums were too trolly and I loved the game so I didn't post on the forums at all. Now I'm on *this* forum all the time because apparently all those hundreds of dollars I spent on TS2&TS3 wasn't enough of a hint to them about all that they got right... what, was I supposed to send them constant feedback? "Really love the game!" "Yep, still love it!" "Played another 4 hours today, keep up the good work!" ...? They simply didn't *ask* those of us who weren't complaining. So this time I'm being very vocal and we will see if that works any better.

toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    EA reminds me of my hubby (whom I love dearly - got to put that in, in case he reads this). He will do anything for me - just as long as it's what he wanted to do in the first place.

LOL, I have one of those. Example of EA and my husband: I'm going to eat cereal because I love cereal...my husband and EA 'Here's your eggs' But I didn't want eggs, I want milk and cereal. EA and my husband: But I already cooked breakfast for you...eat your eggs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »

Are you sure?

They listen, but in the wrong way.
    People wanted open venues, not rabbitholes. EA took the easy way and removed them.
    People wanted fully-fleshed toddlers. EA took the easy way and removed them.
    People wanted options, either rotational or story progression. EA took the easy way and removed it.

Exactly!!! They didn't ask *why* people wanted changes, they just deleted everything. And it seems that taking the advice of the vocal minority (as it now appears) has really screwed them. I was one of the happy ones, the forums were too trolly and I loved the game so I didn't post on the forums at all. Now I'm on *this* forum all the time because apparently all those hundreds of dollars I spent on TS2&TS3 wasn't enough of a hint to them about all that they got right... what, was I supposed to send them constant feedback? "Really love the game!" "Yep, still love it!" "Played another 4 hours today, keep up the good work!" ...? They simply didn't *ask* those of us who weren't complaining. So this time I'm being very vocal and we will see if that works any better.

And in the months leading up to the release of 4, over on the TS3 forums, as we heard more and more about the changes that were to come with 4 there were repeated chants of:

"Don't Improve, REMOVE" and "Don't FIX it, NIX it!"

To add to the examples given previously, a few more examples of the many things that instead of being improved or fixed were removed or nixed:
    Simmers said they didn't like how cars were done in TS3 so in 4 there are no cars.
    Simmers complained babies were being left on the floor, so in 4 they are part of the bassinet.

It became like playing a twisted game of 'corrupt a wish' or 'mean genie'.

It reminds me of parenting. When my son abuses a toy, he loses it for awhile. The difference being, those of us who lost our favorite aspects of gameplay were the ones lovingly devoted to the game, taking good care of our sims and their stories. It's like parenting gone wrong, if not outright sadism. "You don't like it? Fine." *delete*

(I totally don't regret staying away from ts3 forums, either......)

toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    It also doesn't help when they send out questionnaires that only allow you to answer with A or B as an option. Had they put in the obvious C or Other (blank space for you to type) they would end up with a different set of answers. That's like asking if you want to eat mud or dirt, um nooo I'd rather have steak thank you.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    EA could care less unless it is good feedback
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,531 Member
    edited December 2014
    kremesch73 wrote: »

That makes no sense. If they wanted money, they should have listened rather than pay attention to the few people who left their stats open to observation while playing.

EA dreams up the perfect environment that will make them more money and then try to get gamers to play that way.
    I believe they only listen to feedback to add the things that will make their perfect environment more enticing.

Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    @JaciJade‌
    JaciJade wrote: »
    It also doesn't help when they send out questionnaires that only allow you to answer with A or B as an option. Had they put in the obvious C or Other (blank space for you to type) they would end up with a different set of answers. That's like asking if you want to eat mud or dirt, um nooo I'd rather have steak thank you.

>:) More irritating is there are threads like toddlers or family trees, open world or CASt
    this is purely counting money for Maxis after been tricked
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited December 2014
    JaciJade wrote: »

And they did not send them to everyone, a certain number of simmers got them, I guess so they could get a "random" opinion, and who knows what was put on a questionnaire, I seldom answer them so some could have done the same.

• Options
    joneilnhjoneilnh Posts: 161 New Member
    Santa did not bring me SIMS 4 for Christmas morning. So I bought it for myself from Origin on Christmas day. Right now I am really, really glad that I only paid $34.99 instead of the full $69.99. Had I paid full price I would be really PO'd right now.

The camera is very difficult to use. Why did EA get rid the control wheel in SIMS 3?!

I have yet to figure out how to view the town so I can send my SIM to the store, library, etc. (assuming those buildings are in the game yet). Why did EA take away the map icon?!

I strongly dislike the fact that the game "loads" every time my SIM goes to visit a neighbor's house. WTH?!?

The lack of clothing options is annoying but I figure that will improve with time (or EPs).

I sincerly hope EA has LOTS of patches planned for release SOON to correct these issues. Otherwise, I will have considered this game a HUGE waste of money and time. :(
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    joneilnh wrote: »
    Santa did not bring me SIMS 4 for Christmas morning. So I bought it for myself from Origin on Christmas day. Right now I am really, really glad that I only paid $34.99 instead of the full $69.99. Had I paid full price I would be really PO'd right now.<br />
    <br />
    The camera is very difficult to use. Why did EA get rid the control wheel in SIMS 3?!<br />
    <br />
    I have yet to figure out how to view the town so I can send my SIM to the store, library, etc. (assuming those buildings are in the game yet). Why did EA take away the map icon?!<br />
    <br />
    I strongly dislike the fact that the game "loads" every time my SIM goes to visit a neighbor's house. WTH?!?<br />
    <br />
    The lack of clothing options is annoying but I figure that will improve with time (or EPs).<br />
    <br />
    I sincerly hope EA has LOTS of patches planned for release SOON to correct these issues. Otherwise, I will have considered this game a HUGE waste of money and time. :(

To manage the camera scroll your mouse up to the upper right hand corner of your screen and click on the camera. It will drop down a screen that has controls where you can turn left and right and scroll your mouse across the screen. To tilt the camera downowards, you need to be in either build or buy mode and zoom out a little. Use the T key to toggle a straight down view.

Sending your Sim to a community lot is easy. Use the M key and it will lead you to the map. As an alternative, you can use the phone to travel from home to a community lot, as that option brings up the town map. You can also use the "Manage World" option found on the options menu.

There are no stores. There are bars, a lounge, two gyms, one library, and two parks...as well as a lot of public land for your Sim to run around in. Unfortunately, you'll probably be stuck with the loading screens forever and a day. Oh yes, and don't forget the checklists if you ever decide to build any kind of community lot. The Sims 4 tells you what's required to build a bar, for example...right down to the last stick of furniture. And there is no community sort, so you can now put a bed in a community lot...or any furniture, for that matter.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    edited December 2014
    What I liked:

>The new sim creating is nice. I like the way it works

>Also like the emotions of sims and the way it adds to the game.

>Like the building and better looking objects.

What I didn't like:

>Ruined towns by making them way to small. I like having sims move out when old enough and still be in same town.
    Not enough room to have generations of your family have a house in their home town.

>Also very limited in what we can do in terms of editing our town.

>Create a style is gone.

>No toddlers

>Wheres the schools, Hospitals, and all the city buildings?

Suggestions:

>Release towns different sizes. Have some as big as the towns in Sims 3. Have some as small as the towns are in Sims 4.

>Allow us to edit towns as in Sims 3. I loved creating families for the town that I will never control.
    As well as putting down lots and building houses for them.

>Put create a style back in.

>Put toddlers back in.

>Allow us to assign beds, and objects like computers or even whole rooms, to certain sims.
    A sim should never use anyone elses bed, or walk into someones room and use their computer
    when the computers owner is in bed sleeping.

>Need a lot more careers.

>need story progression. Families should grow, Sims progress in their careers, and everything
    should go for non player families as if they are being played.

Overall thoughts:

Game has potential, but they need to stop removing what people liked about the other Sim games.
    I received Sims 4 for Christmas. Went to play it, saw how small the towns were, and turned it off.
    I quit playing Sims 3 on console due to the town being too small, and it was bigger then the towns
    we have in Sims 4.

Us players do understand that the base game will not have the amount of things we had in Sims 3.
    But we also remember what the base game of Sims 3 had, and rightfully expect the base game of
    Sims 4 to be close to the same. But what we ended up with is a shell of a game.

If they want people to move from Sims 3, to Sims 4. They had better start making it worth it to
    us players to move from one to the other. Removing a bunch of things we like is not going to
    make us move.
  • Options
    Gameater_SimsGameater_Sims Posts: 94 Member
    Things i want the most:
    +More hairstyle , clothes,tatoos
    +More decorations, details, wallpaper...in Build Mode
    +Roof for round rooms
    +More interactions
    +More worlds, places
    The most that actually the myth
    +A mini game let you design your own clothes like :make dress short/long , patterns,hats---- :D
  • Options
    Gameater_SimsGameater_Sims Posts: 94 Member
    But why ever EA remove TODDLERS , it's a great period, they just want to ADD the things that they REMOVE into UPDATE PACKS and make us BUY them
    OR
    They will ADD them into TS5 and set on with HIGHER price and AGAIN we loose MORE money just because them
  • Options
    XylbitXylbit Posts: 11 New Member
    I've played Sims for years and I'll have to say Sims 4 is a HUGE disappointment. Sure, it's great you can make you Sim walk a dozen different ways, but to someone like me who primarily uses it as a building game, it's a total waste. You have to 'earn' some of the better buy objects by upping the skill/work level of your Sim, the lots are tiny, the Sims emoting constantly is annoying, and the town isn't even a seamless location - so you can't even zoom into to another part of town if you see something interesting happening. In a nutshell, it's a cartoonish rendition of the original game.
    BTW - if you're still considering buying it, go digital. The 'great game guarantee' is NOT A FULL GUARANTEE FOR LOVING THE GAME. It only covers digital, so don't wind up with an $80 paperweight by buying the disk version (like I did) because you can't even return it to the store you bought it from for a credit because it's been opened!
    Thanks EA for the case of buyer's remorse.....Wish I'd just invested in more stuff for Sims 3 instead!
  • Options
    jescajesca Posts: 2 New Member
    Started to play this last night (got it for Christmas) and I was super excited to start.

create a Sim:
    I miss the spot where you can detail your sim like their nose and eyes. this whole drag and drop kinda confused me.
    Also what happened to all the clothes? I have 3 pants to pick from and none of them are interesting :(

the housing
    did anyone else notice every lot is the same size?? I think there was one small one and that was about it. the roofing is easier to put down and I like the different shaped rooms :D . where did all the tables go? and the dishwasher? I feel like theres alot of stuff missing
    started to play, couldn't find the map at all got frustrated and started clicking around it some how popped up.( they had tips for everything else where was the map tip?) I tried to send my sim to the gym so I could make her house. I couldn't leave the screen. the only way to leave the gym was with my sim. WTH? I liked being able to scroll around the screen while it did w/e. I miss the old open world and how I could collect rocks and go dumpster diving. theres no cemeteries nothing to invest into. and are there robbers? cause I couldn't find the alarm system for the door.
    my thoughts might seem a little jumbled but overall not very happy with this game especially since my parent spent 80 on it :\
  • Options
    jescajesca Posts: 2 New Member
    going back to sims 3
  • Options
    noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    edited December 2014
    First, I'm very happy with the addition of the pool build . I'm also happy with the upcoming addition of new careers. This is an really excellent start. :D
    There are still a few areas that hopefully will be addressed.
    1: The camera controls remain a mystery. Even though there is a ' TS3' camera option, it really does not mimic the former control tab on the older games. There is no TILT. I continue to revert to putting my mouse through contortions to get that familiar tilt that I need. Another source of annoyance : Backing away from a subject still requires using an arrow key on my key board. We never had to rely on the keyboard to navigate before, except for CAW. I can understand having to use arrows in a shooter, but Sims?

2: The oppressive feel of the present worlds. This is perhaps the biggest disappointment of the game. First there are only two build lots, which means that in order to create anything we have to remove existing buildings. Which in it's self isn't horrible, but the total number of lot's per world is SO LIMITED!
    The other issue surrounds being unable to alter the "world" in any way. Lot's can't be moved, or added, trees and 'world objects' can't be added. So I guess I'm really missing EDIT TOWN.

3: Venue's, still need those little things like a School, City Hall, Grocery, etc. Every version of Sims offered the basics, except for this one. It just feels off...you know?

4: Toddlers, and Teens that don't look like they just turned 30.

5: SEASONS. I know that push will probably be for Supernatural, but that one was never my thing, neither are ghosts. Seasons, always made all of the games a masterpiece. So I hope that will be coming soon.

6: STUFF. Hair, clothes, gaming consoles, pool table, all of that. Please.

7: CREATE A WORLD.

12/24 Ok, So we now have pools, you've kind of upgraded careers, although it's still horribly lacking No teachers, or civil servants, or other choices of interest. Still don't have a single dishwasher in the game. I can't live without a dishwasher in my kitchen and I'm sure my Sims feel the same. Bottom line, after months of trying to love this game, I admit, I don't even LIKE it.
    Aside from the missing objects, the absence of CAW, of edit town, really horrible controls, the limited hair styles, the missing toddlers, the worst thing about TS4 is the CLOSED WORLD. I see ton's of posts about the infrequency of crashing or lagging during game play on TS4, but for me the opposite is true. The game freezes and " stops working" when saving and loading, and during game play. Sorry, even with TS3 stuff packs, expansion packs, worlds, CAW and everything else I threw into TS3, I didn't have half the problems I have now.
    Bottom line, I love this franchise, I follow the guru's on twitter, so I'm a fan, and have been since I first discovered Sims 1, right before the release of TS2. I will always buy the Sims, in whatever form it takes. BUT to me, TS4 is not enjoyable. Yes, some things are great, but overall, TS4 just doesn't work for me.
  • Options
    LuvTamareLuvTamare Posts: 48 Member
    Can we please bring back Family Trees?! Please!
  • Options
    Alice062993Alice062993 Posts: 8 New Member
    Pro's: Emotions and graphics are tops!
    Sims are very realistic
    The gameplay is entertaining
    Skills are more meaningful
    Job requirements are meaningful
    Brings back the awesome sims 2 style of playing that dissapointed me with the sims 3
    Cons: Books are WAYY over priced
    NO CREATE-A-WORLD (I would even settle for the sims 2 niegborhood tool)
    Very little designs for carpets and walls
    game is VERY basic (but I will hold off judgement until the expansion packs come out)
    Over all, the game as it is is better than its predecessors. I did not like the sims 3, but with the expansion packs (when they come out) it will be better than the sims 2 (which is my favorite game EVER)
  • Options
    joneilnhjoneilnh Posts: 161 New Member
    > @Jarsie9 said:
    >
    > To manage the camera scroll your mouse up to the upper right hand corner of your screen and click on the camera. It will drop down a screen that has controls where you can turn left and right and scroll your mouse across the screen. To tilt the camera downowards, you need to be in either build or buy mode and zoom out a little. Use the T key to toggle a straight down view.
    >
    > Sending your Sim to a community lot is easy. Use the M key and it will lead you to the map. As an alternative, you can use the phone to travel from home to a community lot, as that option brings up the town map. You can also use the "Manage World" option found on the options menu.
    >
    > There are no stores. There are bars, a lounge, two gyms, one library, and two parks...as well as a lot of public land for your Sim to run around in. Unfortunately, you'll probably be stuck with the loading screens forever and a day. Oh yes, and don't forget the checklists if you ever decide to build any kind of community lot. The Sims 4 tells you what's required to build a bar, for example...right down to the last stick of furniture. And there is no community sort, so you can now put a bed in a community lot...or any furniture, for that matter.

Thank you so much! The information came in handy. I still prefer SIMS 3 but don't totally hate SIMS 4 (at the moment).