Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homemade Holiday SIMS 3 ONLY Gift Exchange ~ CC free ~~ GIFTING IS NOW OPEN!!!

Comments

• Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Good morning everyone!

I slept in a bit this morning which was a shock to me since I didn't even here my husband send my daughter out the door lol

I will look back at posts in a bit. First I am jumping in game to get something made for Lissa to help hold her over until Arret can post! :)
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @Pitton‌

As I already mentioned this house is BLUE-TIFUL! The interior of this house makes one feel like the ocean is all around due to such calm soothing shades of blue. The lot this was placed on is perfect for mermaids and non-merfolk, too ~ such gorgeous views seen through the windows!!
  • Options
    pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    @ADWilson‌ OMG he looks so cute! Thanks for checking into the Gen/UL issue :) I'll have to wait until the weekend to download him, but he's so cute!! :heart::heart_eyes:

Thank you!

tumblr_ma9n5kilwp1qc4uvwo1_400.gif
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    Good morning. Looks like a lot happened last night.:D **Hugs**

wednesday-27.gif
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    Lissa ~ I loved the house and the families! What great gifts! I have so much to explore and play with in my game once I get done with a gift for a certain special someone. :p

Addy thinks she isn't good at making sims yet look at how wonderful Oran is! Silly sis of mine!

Pitton ~ I looked at the pictures from the house and so far I love it! Off to download it now so I can put it in my game and have a proper look! It looks so beautiful and is making want to play one of the island worlds again. :)
  • Options
    @tanubanue Thank you so much for checking over the Moss family. So happy they came out clean! :blush: Wonder why the Goddess Contemporary Top came up on the Exchange then :confused::grey_question:

I'm not going to question it :) Enjoy your second homemade gift, @Morakai! And anyone else wanting Araceli and August ;)
  • Options
    angeliii82angeliii82 Posts: 2,042 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    K so I talked with Tanu and Addy and got their most SIMTASTIC permission for this >:)

It's a Big Finale! :heart:

I took everyone who joined the exchange to put in a lotto but there was a condition and that was having a Wishlist. I took everyone who had a Wishlist and put them in a random num generator to decide a Winner!

The Winner gets a very special prize...A venue of their choice! :heart_eyes:

and that winner is @Angeliii82 :D

Please make sure the venue is on your wishlist for it is easier to find and gift :D

If the chosen Winner does not have a venue they want or thinks another member who joined the exchange should have it they may let me know who and that person will get gifted the Venue of their choice instead :D

I'm sorry I didn't see this more quickly, my cell is acting up with this site and work has been slightly crazy (plus their internet is suddenly dinosaur slow).

I feel like...I'm going to explode with all the love and generosity I've been feeling from this community lately! I seriously feel like I'm going to break down and cry! From the kind words to the amazingly perfect gifts from scifiwarlock and now this!!! Thank you just doesn't seem to cut it!

Your generosity cmbaker16 is making me cry now!

After a good amount of thought, I would like the World of Wonder venue as I already have two projects in mind for it. It is already on my wishlist.

I would love to stick around here and figure out how to attach a cute picture with hugs and thank you's, but I need to get back to work now. Hopefully I will have more time to catch up with everyone and rec all the gifts (and steal a few) tomorrow or Friday.

I know it's hard to express it in words, but If I could jump through this screen for a massive group hug right now, I would!!!! Thank you cmbaker, tanu, addy, scifiwarlock and everyone who participated in this exchange!

• Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    pixiegamer wrote: »
    @tanubanue Thank you so much for checking over the Moss family. So happy they came out clean! :blush: Wonder why the Goddess Contemporary Top came up on the Exchange then :confused::grey_question:

I'm not going to question it :) Enjoy your second homemade gift, @Morakai! And anyone else wanting Araceli and August ;)
    There's a problem with the exchange and it tends to list some store items, EPs and SPs when the creator haven't used any. It's been going on for quite awhile now.

YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    PittonPitton Posts: 210 Member
    Thank you so much ADWilson and tanubanue for the nice comments. I think what was happening that I couldn't post was that I was copying and pasting my link cuz once I typed them It was posted.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    @Piitton, that is a super fantastic build. So awesome. I definitely want to see more of that. @cmbaker16 will love it! (And cm, I am so glad you had fun with your tide-over build. I love what you did with it.

@Marvelissa, what a great gift for Pixie. She will love playing the family and house, I'm sure.

@ADWilson, I loved the write-up that accompanied your Oran! A green sim who doesn't want any greens on his plate?! To be truthful, I like all the other pretty colors on my plate more, but a bit of green is good!

Congrats on winning a venue, Mary! And that was a super generous gift. You are awesome, cmbaker16. And I loved that you included pictures and let me share in the housewarming and gift giving party. Sorry she didn't get a present, but did she get the autograph? Hm, no private wedding option. I'm sure it'll turn up later.

Yay for some extra sleep Tanu, even if you missed sending off your loved ones this morning. They probably left with a smile knowing you were getting some sleep-in time.

Have a happy day everyone.
  • Options

There's a problem with the exchange and it tends to list some store items, EPs and SPs when the creator haven't used any. It's been going on for quite awhile now.

Okay, I realize I missed a few posts while I was gone, and it looks like it was clean on Tanu's end, but corrupt on @djsdragongirl‌'s :confused:

To be safe, I'm going to say it's unsafe, and try to remake it after uninstalling the Date Night set. The only reason I can think that error might be appearing, in context of the Goddess Contemporary Top, is that I received Date Night via code redemption, and that registers as different from the Store set. Otherwise, I'd have no idea :confused:

So sorry about this, @Morakai. Expect a make-up gift over this weekend if this doesn't work out.
  • Options
    MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    Well, The Exchange may be over, but Christmas isn't here yet, so nothing to be sorry about Pixie! :D This game can have issues with little input from us, so it stands to reason that it is going to mess with our heads whenever it can! LOL Now sit back, take a deep breathe, and imagine my skinny arms going around to give you a big hugs!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited December 2014
    angeliii82 wrote: »
    K so I talked with Tanu and Addy and got their most SIMTASTIC permission for this >:)

It's a Big Finale! :heart:

I took everyone who joined the exchange to put in a lotto but there was a condition and that was having a Wishlist. I took everyone who had a Wishlist and put them in a random num generator to decide a Winner!

The Winner gets a very special prize...A venue of their choice! :heart_eyes:

and that winner is @Angeliii82 :D

Please make sure the venue is on your wishlist for it is easier to find and gift :D

If the chosen Winner does not have a venue they want or thinks another member who joined the exchange should have it they may let me know who and that person will get gifted the Venue of their choice instead :D

I'm sorry I didn't see this more quickly, my cell is acting up with this site and work has been slightly crazy (plus their internet is suddenly dinosaur slow).

I feel like...I'm going to explode with all the love and generosity I've been feeling from this community lately! I seriously feel like I'm going to break down and cry! From the kind words to the amazingly perfect gifts from scifiwarlock and now this!!! Thank you just doesn't seem to cut it!

Your generosity cmbaker16 is making me cry now!

After a good amount of thought, I would like the World of Wonder venue as I already have two projects in mind for it. It is already on my wishlist.

I would love to stick around here and figure out how to attach a cute picture with hugs and thank you's, but I need to get back to work now. Hopefully I will have more time to catch up with everyone and rec all the gifts (and steal a few) tomorrow or Friday.

I know it's hard to express it in words, but If I could jump through this screen for a massive group hug right now, I would!!!! Thank you cmbaker, tanu, addy, scifiwarlock and everyone who participated in this exchange!

ilove how angelite can allways ake me laugh. this time it was her comment about her phone last time it involved a bat and a priest . she tells the story bettr than i could it was i whle ago but i still laugh at it becase of images in my head.
  • Options
    Okay, I realize I missed a few posts while I was gone, and it looks like it was clean on Tanu's end, but corrupt on @djsdragongirl‌'s :confused:

To be safe, I'm going to say it's unsafe, and try to remake it after uninstalling the Date Night set. The only reason I can think that error might be appearing, in context of the Goddess Contemporary Top, is that I received Date Night via code redemption, and that registers as different from the Store set. Otherwise, I'd have no idea :confused:

So sorry about this, @Morakai. Expect a make-up gift over this weekend if this doesn't work out.

I ran a check as well and it came out clean, so color me confuzzled. I think it's a fun gift with the right amount of humor for Morakai whether it is the original or a "clone" LOL

• Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @angeliii82 Come one, come all, step right up and explore the amazement, the wonder, the SIMTASTiC World of Wonder, for it has been gifted:D

Enjoy your new venue for sims of all ages will love it :D

• Options
    ADWilson wrote: »

I ran a check as well and it came out clean, so color me confuzzled. I think it's a fun gift with the right amount of humor for Morakai whether it is the original or a "clone" LOL

Not sure I understand the clone reference, but thank you for the compliment :blush: And also for running the custard check. Hmm, two cleans and one corruption... :confused: I'm as confuzzled as you are.

For what it's worth, I play a CC-free game, so any CC registered in my uploads would have had to come from the Store itself. Logically, it *should* be a clean package. I haven't been able to find anything in-game that would explain why it's corrupt, either. Will try uploading again...
  • Options
    @Pitton OMG! I <3 it, it goes right along the beach perfect for my mermaid. I <3 the different color combo's you did and they all go with the blue :heart_eyes: ..... :o I have my own movie theater! :o My art studio <3 my sim will be inspired just by looking out the window there :smiley: ... :o The Game Room perfect for a gamer sim and her simmer :kissing_heart: I <3 the kitchen and how it's set-up :heart_eyes: and OMG! I just <3 it!

Thank you so much! I could kiss you...wait I can :kiss:
  • Options

You're welcome. I put them in my game also and nothing added itself. Just a weird EA thing. Imagine that? lol

• Options
    xxcoaimhexxxxcoaimhexx Posts: 269 Member
    edited December 2014
    Ok, I need help...

I restarted 4 times between last night and this morning...I am so frustrated...

I get so far into the game, and it keeps doing this...

15856499328_450c0d4756.jpg

And it keeps giving me error 12 when I try to save...

Has anyone seen this before, and do you know what is causing it?

I had to take a pic with my cell phone, because screen shot does not get the bottom...its black squares all over the place if I go into buy or build
  • Options
    angeliii82angeliii82 Posts: 2,042 Member
    @angeliii82 Come one, come all, step right up and explore the amazement, the wonder, the SIMTASTiC World of Wonder, for it has been gifted:D

Enjoy your new venue for sims of all ages will love it :D

Thank you!!!!!

I really want to create a venue that reminds me of the Circus World Museum in Baraboo, WI! circusworldbaraboo.org/

I also want to play with the tents in several builds. This is so exciting!!!

I want to write more but I need to run to meet with the final family for The Giving Tree I put together at work....I'll be back to write more soon!

• Options
    Ok, I need help...

I had to take a pic with my cell phone, because screen shot does not get the bottom...its black squares all over the place if I go into buy or build

I get that sometimes too it's usually my tell sign for when the game is gliching up or perhaps getting ready to crash I haven't figured out the cause for it and just close the game out cause I usually have a save from before it happened and I don't see it often but it happens every now and again.
  • Options
    Ok, I need help...

That's too bad :(
    I haven't experienced your error of seeing bits of the game screen blacking out like that so haven't a clue as to what you can do. Perhaps another more tech savvy Simmer can assist.

My understanding is that error code 12 is a memory issue. Whenever I see one of the dreaded error codes, I seek out crinrict.
    Hopefully this link will help.
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12-13-or-16.html

• Options
    xxcoaimhexxxxcoaimhexx Posts: 269 Member
    @cmbaker16 This was happening every ten to fifteen minutes, and when I would go to save, it wouldn't let me, grr, so frustrating!

@ADwilson Thanks for the link, I am going to do the 'clean install' thing, and hopefully that will fix it.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    @xxcoaimhexx, I went googling and found this as well:
    http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.bestgoo.com/t4523-the-sims-3-save-errors-fix-error-code-12-13-15-16-updated-24-11-2012
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    Relaxing Retreat is a very nice home! @Pitton :) The exterior design of it is very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the windows in the build. Very nice pool area! Sims will enjoy resting poolside on the loungers there, have fun swimming in the water or enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. The furnishing of the interior of the home is very nice! Very nice basement games and bar areas! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar or have fun playing the various types of games there. Very nice sunken living room! It is a very nice area for sims to enjoy sitting chatting on the seats thrre and warming up in front of the fire. The kitchen and dining rooms are very nice. The island bar stool counter in the kitchen is great. Very nice window light filled breakfast nook area for sims to enjoy sitting there eating their meals with the sunshine coming in onto them. The blue and beige colour scheme of the home is very nice. The media room is great! It looks very nice how you have set up the seats there for sims to enjoy sitting watching movies on the large tv.They will enjoy having a snowcone from the machine whilst sitting there. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The mermaid and the fish on the walls of the kids bedroons are nice touches there. Great sunken art studio! Sims will painting and sketching on the easel and drafting table there, whilst looking out through the window at the views. The master suite is very nice!
    It is a very nice home and special gift! :)