Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homemade Holiday SIMS 3 ONLY Gift Exchange ~ CC free ~~ GIFTING IS NOW OPEN!!!

Comments

• Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @ciane So I don't know why but when I placed your home in town and moved my sim in, the home was different compared to the pictures some of furniture was replaced and the curtains were replaced, and the brick you used on the walls was gone. I found it very odd but my mermaid didn't mind as I went straight to work to fixing it up :D

When I'm done making the changes I'll be sure to share some pics to show you how I changed it :D I have been in game replacing the furniture saving along the way but my game just crashed but I don't mind since I saved not to long before so didn't lose much.

@Pitton the site is so silly I have been there done that and it's very frustrating sometimes. I hope you have better luck next time and can't wait to see it :D .
  • Options
    xxcoaimhexxxxcoaimhexx Posts: 269 Member
    @Morakai...

In the house you built me, there are lights I have not seen before, and I cannot find them. They are white squares, some as ceiling lights, some as wall lights. Where can I find these?
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    @cmbaker16, that is odd indeed, but I am glad it didn't get you down. I'll see if the things do the same for me once I get my PC trojan free.

@xxcoaimhexx, those are found when you use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat and follow that with the buydebug on cheat.
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @pixiegamer‌

Your Buddy has been delayed for some unknown reason. Sorry :(
    While you wait for your gift, here is a little something that I hope you'll enjoy.

One piece of your letter stood out to me...
    "PLEASE GIVE ME BERRIES!! Please please please!"

I have to admit that I never attempted a Berry before so please be kind to the poor guy (and me!) LOL

May I introduce you to Oran Forrest
    67ad980f-cefd-4715-9024-f491ae0269d7_zpsb2a21753.jpg?t=1418790097

Oran might be green, but he isn't mean
    Brawling is rude to this mild-mannered dude

Oran enjoys being outdoors, but don't ask him to join you in a swim. He will say he isn't a fish although he likes to eat them!
    Green is his favorite color, but please don't put any on his plate.
    The rest of his likes and dislikes, hobbies and career interest will be discovered as you get to know him.

Enjoy!!
  • Options
    MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    @xxcoainhexx Those are as Ciane said. THey add extra light, but don't add anything to the bills like regular lights. :D
  • Options
    I have a couple of gift ideas for those who haven't received Buddy gifts, but unfortunately the hour and my eyes are conspiring against me. Going to call it a night. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Take care, one and all!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,661 Member
    Oran Forest is a very nice berry sim! @Addy :) His green skintone and hair is very nice. It is a great poem and description that you have written for him! He is a very nice sim :)
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    @pixiegamer Hey, Pixie! I was quite happy to get you as my buddy!
    One thing that definitely popped out to me that you wanted berry sims! I love berries, too, and I was really excited to do this. I've made a couple of small berry families for you.

Rose-Troy Family: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8522214
    9bg3zk.jpg
    2rcpsvm.jpg
    2qa2q1x.jpg

Lindquist Family: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8522213
    30u48sz.jpg
    n1e621.jpg

I have also made a colorful little house for you! It wasn't really designed with specific Sims in mind, though I used it to take a few pictures of the Lindquists. It fits up to five Sims.

Bluebrick Cottage: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8522212
    237-240, 243
    33ubu6a.jpg
    x2rzw0.jpg
    10dtpgp.jpg
    vdcy8h.jpg
    20frcoy.jpg

(I wish we could resize pics on this forum... we can't do that, can we? xD)

As far as store stuff goes, most of what I used was in sets you listed. I ended up using a few individual items I don't know for certain if you have, though. I saw the cute little ceiling lights I used in the house on your WL, so I gave you that.
    As far as EPs/etc go, I only used basegame/WA/Ambitions/Seasons. I dunno why they all list a bunch of other expansions xD but I didn't actually use stuff from any others.
    And I forgot to mention it in their individual descriptions, but there's no CC/CAP/etc, of course! (:

I apologize for this being a little on the late end of things. D:

---

I am going to go back and look again at everyone's lovely gifts now! Everything looks great, but I haven't had a chance to look too closely or download anything. (:
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    @ADWilson I'm sorry I am a little late with my gift. Oran Forrest is lovely; you did a great job with him! (:
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    @ciane Nah I wouldn't let it get me down I had fun redecorating to fit in the furniture I put in :D

*singing* I hope you don't mind...I hope you don't mind... *singing*

Now I know how much you like stories and seeing what's happening in other's games so along with some photos of the home I also took some of my sims time in the home so far :D

I'll introduce my sim Brianna first she's totally happy to be in her new home even if she don't quite look it.
    ezfupj.jpg
    With a more spacious home even her per hermit crab Sebastian which she caught while diving got a much bigger home compared to the fish bowl he was living in. No, she's not fattening him up to eat LOL
    e7fn7m.jpg
    This is the Fab outside of the home as you can tell I changed a bit but the wall paper the original brick was replaced with was ugly LOL and I added in some plam trees to take up the empty space in front... she had some cash to spare LOL
    2wgbq8p.jpg
    This is the lovely inside which was blue-a-fifed :heart_eyes:
    126a2cg.jpg
    This is part of the back yard the other half is still empty...I built her a green house which you can see part of and a nice little BBQ area
    30blg5u.jpg
    Than She threw a gift giving party for housewarming gifts which she didn't get any cause a celeb came and she was so star struck that the ask for autograph interaction cancelled out her open presents interaction :persevere:
    15rk4nm.jpg
    She's also currently engaged and I was going to take pics of her wedding but for some reason they couldn't have a private wedding :disappointed:
  • Options
    pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    Catching up on posts I've missed. Please excuse how long this post is going to be :grin:

@xxcoaimhexx Oh no! So sorry to hear about your daughter :( It's horrible she's having to go through that. Hopefully the BC helps and things will be all right. Sending big hugs your way!

@djsdragongirl Katrina and Sierra look so cute! Sadly, I don't have all the items needed to download them, but I left you a rec! :)

@ObviouSecret‌ N.A.N.A. is such a clever acronym! And the house looks amazing! Left a rec on both :)
    Morakai wrote: »
    Morakai wrote: »
    PANTRY!!!! OMG! Never had a pantry or a walk in closet in any of my houses. This is so FAB!!! Too many ideas.... Gah! :#

<3

I forgot to comment on that. I saw that and I was like.......> A PANTRY?! :o You don't see that very often. I think it's a wonderful addition too. :D

And with the canning station in the kitchen, I can actually put things away in there! it is fabulous!! :D
    I agree. Such a "realistic" feature. :D

OMG you guys made me blush so much reading this! I can't believe it was such a popular feature. Glad you all liked it, and thank you so much for your compliment @blacksheba1973‌!

@ciane‌ Zifi and Fickle Future are so cute! Left a rec on both and might just steal them for myself ;)

@ADWilson‌ Aww, thank you so much! Oran looks great, but... I don't have Gen or Uni Life :( Would that be too much of a problem if I downloaded him?

....I'm going to download him anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Hopefully the missing content in my game won't cause too many problems!

@Marvelissa LISSA!! OMG, I got berries! And a cottage!! :D:D:D Thank you so much!! I've left a rec on all of them, and can't wait to download them! I just looked over the Store Content used, and I think I have all of it as well :) Thank you for the ceiling lights as well!
    (And don't worry about being late; finals season gets the best of all of us!)
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • Options
    K so I talked with Tanu and Addy and got their most SIMTASTIC permission for this >:)

It's a Big Finale! :heart:

I took everyone who joined the exchange to put in a lotto but there was a condition and that was having a Wishlist. I took everyone who had a Wishlist and put them in a random num generator to decide a Winner!

The Winner gets a very special prize...A venue of their choice! :heart_eyes:

and that winner is @Angeliii82 :D

Please make sure the venue is on your wishlist for it is easier to find and gift :D

If the chosen Winner does not have a venue they want or thinks another member who joined the exchange should have it they may let me know who and that person will get gifted the Venue of their choice instead :D
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Also, @Morakai, I uploaded your second gift just a while ago, but I'm worried it may have CC so please don't download it yet! I didn't use any CC in its creation, but the exchange is listing "Goddess Contemporary Top" as one of the items used, and I know for a fact I did NOT use that when I made Araceli. @ADWilson‌ or @tanubanue‌, could I please ask you for a quick Custard check for my Moss family? I'd feel horrible if CC tacked itself onto my gift :(
  • Options
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    K so I talked with Tanu and Addy and got their most SIMTASTIC permission for this >:)

It's a Big Finale! :heart:

I took everyone who joined the exchange to put in a lotto but there was a condition and that was having a Wishlist. I took everyone who had a Wishlist and put them in a random num generator to decide a Winner!

The Winner gets a very special prize...A venue of their choice! :heart_eyes:

and that winner is @Angeliii82 :D

Please make sure the venue is on your wishlist for it is easier to find and gift :D

If the chosen Winner does not have a venue they want or thinks another member who joined the exchange should have it they may let me know who and that person will get gifted the Venue of their choice instead :D

OOooh, wow!! Congratulations, @angeliii82‌!! :D
  • Options
    MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    @pixiegamer Got it! However the Mossi family looks VERY interesting! hehe

@angeliii82 Congrats to you!!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,661 Member
    Your berry sims are very nice @Marvelissa‌ :) Cecily and Kendra are very cute child sims! Bluebrick cottage is a very nice home for sims to enjoy living in. The green colour shade of the interior walls looks nice. The layout of the interior is great. The bedrooms are nice. The butterfly themed pattern on the master bed is nice. Child sims will have fun playing on the activity table in their bunkbed room. The floor pattern in the kitchen area is nice. The candle floor lights are nice for sims to see when preparing meals. Sims will enjoy using the bakery oven to cook meals. Nice living room sitting area for sims to enjoy resting on the sofas having a read of a book from the bookcase. Grrat study desk nook area for sims to enjoy using the computer at the table. Nice outdoors gardening area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting the plants and trees there.
    They are very nice gifts :)
  • Options
    djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    pixiegamer wrote: »
    Also, @Morakai, I uploaded your second gift just a while ago, but I'm worried it may have CC so please don't download it yet! I didn't use any CC in its creation, but the exchange is listing "Goddess Contemporary Top" as one of the items used, and I know for a fact I did NOT use that when I made Araceli. @ADWilson‌ or @tanubanue‌, could I please ask you for a quick Custard check for my Moss family? I'd feel horrible if CC tacked itself onto my gift :(

@pixiegamer, I ran a CC and did find it. It doesn't tell me the name of it, just a bunch of numbers. Here is a screenshot, I hope it helps you figure out what the CC is.
    10xt6b8.jpg
  • Options
    djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    @pixiegamer what don't you have for Katrina and Sierra? I could possible either make you the home without the items and if you don't have the supernatural, I might be able to find away to get it for you. Just let me know, if you like them I'm sure I could work something out between me and my daughter to get you the items :)
  • Options
    @Marvelissa‌

These colorful Sims and the house are TERRIFIC gifts! I especially like the Lindquist family :)
  • Options
    Marvelissa wrote: »
    @ADWilson I'm sorry I am a little late with my gift. Oran Forrest is lovely; you did a great job with him! (:

I see that we both focused on the same portion of pixie's letter LOL
    Thanks, but I think yours are the ones that deserve the great job! Your color blending is better than mine, that's for sure.

• Options
    pixiegamer wrote: »
    @ADWilson‌ Aww, thank you so much! Oran looks great, but... I don't have Gen or Uni Life :( Would that be too much of a problem if I downloaded him?

....I'm going to download him anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Hopefully the missing content in my game won't cause too many problems!

Odd. I specifically clicked all of the EPs and SPs when making his outfits and the only items in his inventory are his high school diploma and a camera that was purchased in-game. Very, very odd. I shall jump in game and snap pictures of each outfit and will send those to you for comparison in case the game did some wacky wardrobe reverso-chango catastrophe. If it did, please let me know and I will gladly go in and clean him up for you.

• Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    @ADWilson I think the high school diploma came with Generations. My house with Sim also shows it needs Generations, and the diploma is the only thing I could see being responsible. I didn't have diplomas in my game before I installed Generations.
  • Options
    awellenbl wrote: »
    @ADWilson I think the high school diploma came with Generations. My house with Sim also shows it needs Generations, and the diploma is the only thing I could see being responsible. I didn't have diplomas in my game before I installed Generations.

@awellenbl‌ ~~

That could be what is causing the Generations "tag". I totally forgot about the boarding school options and the resulting diploma. Thanks for pointing that out.

@pixiegamer‌ ~~

So... while I was busy making Oran go into the dressing room... awellenbl helped figure out the Generations piece. At least I think that is what caused it (the game probably assigned it one of the Generation boarding schools). No idea why it has University "tag" as nothing was used from that EP and he came out of CAS to get a head-start on a couple of basic skills. Anyway, I might as well show the outfits since I'm busy chatting away:

be9f2fa1-b8ac-472c-8561-b7671b8580f1_zps0ca7a9d1.jpg?t=1418820356
    Shirt is from Outdoor Living and the rest is base game

e88d3f50-c507-4dd1-a58e-8d5994a108da_zps184a9ace.jpg?t=1418820534
    Shirt is from World Adventures and the rest is base game

58419a00-2884-41d7-9203-c39416a69020_zpsa47caad9.jpg?t=1418820619
    base game

91cb7d4f-d300-4b81-909f-add6b1e85ab4_zpscc3a565c.jpg?t=1418820702
    Shirt is from World Adventures, Socks are from Seasons and the rest is base game

3e44ff01-7357-4174-81c2-89c9d132ccd0_zps45e7965a.jpg?t=1418820770
    Island Paradise

9658a061-5a35-40ee-a21d-9910ca2ab583_zpsfebe70d9.jpg?t=1418820848
    Sweater is from World Adventures and the rest is base game

Hopefully your game has this guy and not some random dude... although random could be fun too ;)

• Options
    PittonPitton Posts: 210 Member
    edited December 2014
    To: Cmbaker16

Ok try # 4, starting to get frustrated here :( this better work

Relaxing Retreat is on a 40X40 lot, located at 2 Lagoon Beach in Sunlit Tide. This house has 3 levels, daylight basement, 1st and 2nd level.
    Basement: 2 car garage, game room with bar, small sculpture studio and full bathroom.
    level 1: entry with lots and lots of place to put all your Sim's art and sculptures, sunken living room, kitchen, breakfast nook, dining room, media room, guest and kids bedrooms, 1 balcony and a full bath.
    level 2: sunken art studio, small gym, master bedroom with en-suite and 2 balconies.
    out door: outside dining with bar, pool, hot tub, fire pit and beautiful beach.

download: www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8518321

slideshow: http://s48.photobucket.com/user/karenrichard7/slideshow/Relaxing Retreat

Also gifted: http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:48488&categoryId=13177&section=UpSell