Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homemade Holiday SIMS 3 ONLY Gift Exchange ~ CC free ~~ GIFTING IS NOW OPEN!!!

Comments

• Options
    xxcoaimhexxxxcoaimhexx Posts: 269 Member
    @djsdragongirl...thanks!

@rosemow, screenshots have their own folder, but thanks for checking!
  • Options
    Ok, here I go, hopefully, it won't take too long...sigh...
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

good luck.
  • Options
    Oh, thought of something else...is there some way I can see what custom content I have like not from the store? Like I have morakai's house, and school house, a festival park for dragon valley, etc...where can I find those things, so I can add them back in? I haven't started yet, so I am glad I thought of those...
  • Options
    djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member

It shouldn't take you to long to re-install your game. Glad I could help even if it's just a little bit. :) *HUGS*
    dragon%252520hugs2_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800
  • Options
    djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    Oh, thought of something else...is there some way I can see what custom content I have like not from the store? Like I have morakai's house, and school house, a festival park for dragon valley, etc...where can I find those things, so I can add them back in? I haven't started yet, so I am glad I thought of those...

When you downloaded them it should have put them in your downloads folder. You can make a copy of it as well.
  • Options
    OK, thanks!
  • Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member

If you haven't deleted them from the downloads in the launcher they will be in your downloads folder as well. otherwise all of your store content, exchange downloads, etc. are all in your DCCache file. If you save that and you don't think the problem is CC that may be in your game, which it doesn't really sound like, you should be able to put that file folder into your clean game install and not have to do all your store content over again.

140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited December 2014
    @Marvelissa‌
    I've worked all day to make you a gift that you can enjoy while you wait for your gifts from Arretstrife. I'm sorry that it took me so long but as I said I only found out last night and had a few bumps to take care of in RL along the way.

Anyway I read that you would like a community lot for children so I came up with the 'Family Friendly Fun Park' I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8522659

And I had made a family to help me play test the Park and I decided to fix them up so I could gift you them as well since you seem to really like Berry colored Sims. So here is the Humphrey Family as well.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8522661

The first thing that you'll notice about the park is there is a lot of really fun activities that are geared toward families spending quality time out together ~

screenshot_original.jpg

Fishing is a popular past time for families~

screenshot_original.jpg

Toddlers can play as the older kids play hopscotch ~

screenshot_original.jpg

There is an area for cook outs in case all the activity makes your family hungry ~

screenshot_original.jpg

The playground area can be used by the whole family~

screenshot_original.jpg

Families can have a fun game of gnubb, basketball, soccer, chess or horseshoes ~

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

There are also items for your furry family members scattered throughout the park :)

Let's meet the Humphrey's ~

Jake Humphrey is a nurturing man who loves being a family man. His passion in life is music and he would love to learn and become the best musician on every instrument he can get his hands on. He also likes to keep in shape and likes to do street art. He's a bit socially awkward but that doesn't usually bother him....well doesn't bother him sometimes.
    Jake moved his family to Moonlight Falls so that his children could grow up where they wouldn't be such outsiders because of their differences.

screenshot_original.jpg

Lizzie was very happy with their new life in Moonlight Falls. Maybe now she could tell Jake what she really wants for Christmas is another child! She loves family and the more the better. Her Grandmother taught her how to cook and so it comes very naturally to her. She loves the warm weather and spends hours out and around to find things for her recipies. She's even learning to fish so she can cook many healthy meals for her family.

screenshot_original.jpg

Mollie is a child who loves life and playing with her parents and little brother. She likes her new school and hopes she can make some new friends. It should be easy for her as she's a good little girl. She loves music and doing active things like her Daddy.

screenshot_original.jpg

Rian is just a happy little kid all around. He is impressed by his world and loves the music his Daddy makes. Life is good!

screenshot_original.jpg

And just in case you're wondering there are Dragons in the pond that keep the frogs in line!

screenshot_original.jpg

I hope you like your gifts Lissa! They are CC free and custard checked. The park is on a 40 x 40 lot and designated as a small park. It was built on 71 N Falls Avenue in Moonlight Falls but I tried to make it versatile enough to fit in other worlds as well. There are two frog spawners in the pond since I loved catching frogs with my brother and Dad when I was little and then took Juliana when she was old enough. :)

Have Fun and Merry Christmas!

The little girls name is M o llie not plum lol
  • Options
    Mimine17 wrote: »
    I've been rec'ing a some really great stuff over there !

You guys are one fire for those gifts, you've put so much effort into it it's amazing !

Thank you for stopping in Mimine! And for the rec's and compliments for everyone. I love doing these exchanges and the buddies always amaze me! :)
  • Options
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    Also this helped me once a while ago when I had crashes.

If you go to your documents > Electronic Arts > Sims3 > folders there is a folder called "Current Game". Check to make sure nothing is in that folder. If your game crashed, it's possible that info from that crash is stored there. You should take it out if it is.

Good luck getting your game working!

Hiya Lala! Miss you being part of this!!
  • Options
    Sorry, I haven't been on the last few days, but my internet connection has not been cooperating, to say the least. Thank you everyone for the kind comments on my creation. Everyone's gifts have been so gorgeous, I must say that several have fallen into my game, as well. I do believe I have gotten completely caught up on rec'ing everyone's creations now that my internet decided to work today. :D

@Tanu and @Addy, Ladies you've done it again. Another successful gift exchange and I swear the gifts have gotten even more creative with each one. Thank you again for hosting this final, wonderful exchange. I hate that it is the last, at least for you both to host. I actually have gifts started for you both, but time just hasn't my friend lately. I will try to get them completed soon but I'm sorry to say they could possibly be very belated gifts. :(
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    @Coa ~ I just saw all of your posts. One thing you can do in the future is make separate folders of your downloads both CC and store stuff and store them on thumb drives. That way if something happens to your game or your computer you will have all your files safe and sound. Plus it's a lot quicker to reinstall from the folders on the drives then it is from the store.

For example ~ If I put Lunar Lakes in my game after I installed it I would go to my downloads folder in the documents and open it up. I would open my thumb drive folder and copy the file to the drive. Next you could either delete the file out of your downloads folder or move it to another folder on your desktop which is what I do. I never leave files in my Downloads folder once they are installed.

I have one drive for cc which has folders in it labeled sims, lots, clutter items, etc. The folders on this drive never go into my gift game so I don't have to worry about cc in gifts I make.

I have a second one that has only store stuff in it. They are labeled worlds, build, single items, hair, clothing, venues, etc.

To put them in game I put them on my desktop rename the folder Downloads. Delete the Downloads from the game and replace it with this one. Open the launcher and install. When it's finished I remove the folder and rename it whatever it was.

This system has saved me a lot of time and a lot of searching for things I want to keep. I hope it helps you too.
  • Options
    Ivanna420 wrote: »
    Sorry, I haven't been on the last few days, but my internet connection has not been cooperating, to say the least. Thank you everyone for the kind comments on my creation. Everyone's gifts have been so gorgeous, I must say that several have fallen into my game, as well. I do believe I have gotten completely caught up on rec'ing everyone's creations now that my internet decided to work today. :D

@Tanu and @Addy, Ladies you've done it again. Another successful gift exchange and I swear the gifts have gotten even more creative with each one. Thank you again for hosting this final, wonderful exchange. I hate that it is the last, at least for you both to host. I actually have gifts started for you both, but time just hasn't my friend lately. I will try to get them completed soon but I'm sorry to say they could possibly be very belated gifts. :(

Thank you so much Ivanna! I agree that they seem to get even more creative with each one! I love doing these exchanges and seeing so much Love and friendship between everyone. I know we said the last but who knows?

That was sweet of you to start gifts for us! Don't worry about them not being done. I understand believe me!

Huge Warm Hugs!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm_Oto2hCKdrbo0yCMrqDBXqI5WmuHmhOpXoUNoNz_E-jepbje

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,662 Member
    Family Friendly Park is very nice! @Tanu. :) It is a special place where all the family of sims can enjoy coming together and have fun doing the variety of activities there. The layout of the build is great. It looks nice how you have a fishing pond in the middle of the park. Sims will have fun fishing for frogs there. The Loch Ness monster/dragon looks great there! It looks great the type of plants that you have placed on the edges of the pond and the lily pads in the pond. Child sims will have fun playing in the sand pit and on the playground equipment and enjoy riding the spring riders and rocking horse. They will using the activities table. It is nice that sims can have fun playing chess, gnubb and hopscotch at your park. The outdoors picnic area is very nice. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the grills and eating them in the outdoors air at the picnic tables. The green colour of the tables looks nice and suits the type of build. There are lots of fun things for sims to do at the park! It is great that pet sims will have fun there too using pet themed items. It is a very nice park for sims to have fun visiting!
    The Humphrey family of sims are very nice berry sims :) Very nice colour shades that you have used for their skintones. The background details that you have written about each of them are very nice. They sound like a very nice family to enjoy playing.
    It is very nice and special that you put frog spawners in the pond to reflect the happy childhood memories that you had of catching frogs with your brother and Dad, and then later with your daughter.
    They are very special gifts :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited December 2014
    Great park and family, @tanubanue‌!
    The site didn't like the site I linked earlier... It was games4 the world (no spaces) and best g o o... I'm surprised you didn't notice the word plum that was substituted! Any way, it said:

Error code 12:

This is the most dreaded of them all. It’s a serious error and there’s a possibility that your save game becomes corrupted. Initially, you can’t do much to prevent this error from occurring, but you can minimize the damage by following this piece of advice. At least you won’t lose much progress this way.
    It’s an “out of memory” error and most often happens with large save games, meaning neighbourhoods you’ve been playing for several generations. A lot of junkfiles are building up in your saves directory making the saving process too much to handle because of the limitations in The Sims 3’s memory usage, a maximum of around 3,7GB RAM.

It has been reported that the error will occur less frequently if you limit your game time. Save your game and exit after a few hours, then restart the game.
    Using errortrap can help, but only delays the inevitable. The same goes for disabling memories in game, it'll keep your save files much smaller. But eventually the error can occur.

The best thing to do to prevent this from happening is moving over to a new town. The simple way is to pick up your family, copy them to the bin and have them restart in a new neighbourhood, but of course this ruins all relationships outside the household, which is a real shame especially if you have several generations.

And @xxcoaimhexx, no it is not as easy as uninstalling and reinstalling. There are files left behind in the registry that do not get deleted and they can keep the EP from installing again. The exact lines that need to be deleted are listed in several locations and you can find them easily by googling.

That said, it should not matter what order you installed them in. It is possible one of the downloads got corrupted.
  • Options

If you haven't deleted them from the downloads in the launcher they will be in your downloads folder as well. otherwise all of your store content, exchange downloads, etc. are all in your DCCache file. If you save that and you don't think the problem is CC that may be in your game, which it doesn't really sound like, you should be able to put that file folder into your clean game install and not have to do all your store content over again.

I saved my downloads folder, but I didn't know about dccache, but its already gone, I just finished uninstalling everything
  • Options
    tanubanue wrote: »
    @Coa ~ I just saw all of your posts. One thing you can do in the future is make separate folders of your downloads both CC and store stuff and store them on thumb drives. That way if something happens to your game or your computer you will have all your files safe and sound. Plus it's a lot quicker to reinstall from the folders on the drives then it is from the store.

For example ~ If I put Lunar Lakes in my game after I installed it I would go to my downloads folder in the documents and open it up. I would open my thumb drive folder and copy the file to the drive. Next you could either delete the file out of your downloads folder or move it to another folder on your desktop which is what I do. I never leave files in my Downloads folder once they are installed.

I have one drive for cc which has folders in it labeled sims, lots, clutter items, etc. The folders on this drive never go into my gift game so I don't have to worry about cc in gifts I make.

I have a second one that has only store stuff in it. They are labeled worlds, build, single items, hair, clothing, venues, etc.

To put them in game I put them on my desktop rename the folder Downloads. Delete the Downloads from the game and replace it with this one. Open the launcher and install. When it's finished I remove the folder and rename it whatever it was.

This system has saved me a lot of time and a lot of searching for things I want to keep. I hope it helps you too.

So, wait, I can change the name of the file after I download it from the store, and it won't mess up? I didn't know that!
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    Great park and family, @tanubanue‌!
    The site didn't like the site I linked earlier... It was games4 the world (no spaces) and best g o o... I'm surprised you didn't notice the word plum that was substituted! Any way, it said:

Error code 12:

This is the most dreaded of them all. It’s a serious error and there’s a possibility that your save game becomes corrupted. Initially, you can’t do much to prevent this error from occurring, but you can minimize the damage by following this piece of advice. At least you won’t lose much progress this way.
    It’s an “out of memory” error and most often happens with large save games, meaning neighbourhoods you’ve been playing for several generations. A lot of junkfiles are building up in your saves directory making the saving process too much to handle because of the limitations in The Sims 3’s memory usage, a maximum of around 3,7GB RAM.

It has been reported that the error will occur less frequently if you limit your game time. Save your game and exit after a few hours, then restart the game.
    Using errortrap can help, but only delays the inevitable. The same goes for disabling memories in game, it'll keep your save files much smaller. But eventually the error can occur.

The best thing to do to prevent this from happening is moving over to a new town. The simple way is to pick up your family, copy them to the bin and have them restart in a new neighbourhood, but of course this ruins all relationships outside the household, which is a real shame especially if you have several generations.

And @xxcoaimhexx, no it is not as easy as uninstalling and reinstalling. There are files left behind in the registry that do not get deleted and they can keep the EP from installing again. The exact lines that need to be deleted are listed in several locations and you can find them easily by googling.

That said, it should not matter what order you installed them in. It is possible one of the downloads got corrupted.

I am glad that I saw this before I started re installing. I will google, and see if I can find what you are talking about.
  • Options

So, wait, I can change the name of the file after I download it from the store, and it won't mess up? I didn't know that!

No you can't change the name of file just the folder you put it in.

• Options
    Thanks for the compliments Rose <3 and Ciane <3
  • Options

I saved my downloads folder, but I didn't know about dccache, but its already gone, I just finished uninstalling everything

Sorry I did post that soon enough. For future reference, DCCahe is your permanent download files. This folder is never to be cleared unless you want to loose all installed content other than EPs and SPs. If you need to remove CC and a few other reasons, you can remove it, rename it, and replace it with a new clean folder to replace items back into it slowly. Things of this nature which require more detailed instructions before attempting and crin's site has instructions or links to instruction if they are ever needed.

I hope the re-install helps. :D
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options

So, you can have folders inside of downloads? So, I could like have a folder that says future shock, then have all the pieces of the future shock set in that folder? Just trying to make sure I understand what you are saying...
  • Options
    Ok, so I did a google search using 'registry files left when uninstalling sims 3', and it took me to this page...

http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

So, no problem following the instructions, until I get to this part:

Delete the uninstall files:

Click the Start button and select My Computer.
    Select the Local Disk (C:) drive folder.
    Select the Program Files folder.
    Select Tools, then Folder Options, then View, then select "Show hidden files and folders."
    Select the InstallShield Installation Information folder.
    Delete the following folder if it appears:
    {C05D8CDB-417D-4335-A38C-A0659EDFD6B8}

I checked program files, and program files, and program files x86...I don't see anything that says tools?
  • Options

So, you can have folders inside of downloads? So, I could like have a folder that says future shock, then have all the pieces of the future shock set in that folder? Just trying to make sure I understand what you are saying...

You can have a folder saying future shock but when you want to reinstall you rename the file Downloads. The named folders do not stay in the Downloads folder. Like I said they are either on a thumb drive or in another part of my documents. I never leave files in the Downloads folder itself.