Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homemade Holiday SIMS 3 ONLY Gift Exchange ~ CC free ~~ GIFTING IS NOW OPEN!!!

Comments

• Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Ciane sent me a private message and since she did I can't see any of her posts they just show up blank! :(
  • Options
    Thank you for posting the house for Cm ciane!! I'm gonna pop it in game and have a look since you have turned invisible! If you feel a hug but don't see anyone it's me! lol
  • Options
    MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    Fickle Future looks beautiful @ciane ! Wow! Love the colors, and the wood. All with room to grow! Lovely work! :)
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @SciFiWarlock‌

And... voila! Another magical mysterious place has materialized in front of us. Beautiful colors in a lovely and unique design. I can picture Sims getting lost as they are easily led from one room to another.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Oh, Tanu, I'm sorry! Is it all my text or just my pics? Silly system we have. Maybe log out and back in again?
  • Options
    SciFiWarlockSciFiWarlock Posts: 5,267 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @SciFiWarlock‌

And... voila! Another magical mysterious place has materialized in front of us. Beautiful colors in a lovely and unique design. I can picture Sims getting lost as they are easily led from one room to another.

Thanks @AdWilson though once I know angeliii82 has seen In The Garden of Eden I have a little secret to reveal...
  • Options
    PittonPitton Posts: 210 Member
    @cmbaker16 I have posted your gift 2 times and both times it say it was waiting to be approved :( I will try to send it again tomorrow. I can't stay on the computer long because of a bad hip so hoping that tomorrow will be better. Again so sorry about that :(
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,704 Member
    The exterior design of Fickle Future is very nice! @ciane :) The front porch is nice. It looks nice that you have used the greenhouse windows in the build. The roofing is very nice! The purple flowers look nice on the front and side edges of the home. Very nice open plan layout of the interior. The texture on the walls is nice. It is nice that you have placed the tea table in the living room for sims to enjoy sitting at the table having a nice cup of tea. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa having a read of a book from the bookcase. The bedroom is nice. It looks nice how you have placed curtains on the bedhead wall. The clock and tissue box are nice homely touches on the dresser. It looks nice how you have angled the shower into the corner in the bathroom.
    It is a very nice starter home :)
  • Options
    Thank you for posting the house for Cm ciane!! I'm gonna pop it in game and have a look since you have turned invisible! If you feel a hug but don't see anyone it's me! lol
    Hello once more my Dear Angel,

Your Final Ultimate SCRAP made gift is waiting for you.

Screenshot-3190_zpse1eb660d.jpg

Please visit this thread.

angeliii82’s Personal Gift Thread!!!

I had a lot of fun making all of these for you!!!

I just commented on the thread Awesome!!!
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    Oh, Tanu, I'm sorry! Is it all my text or just my pics? Silly system we have. Maybe log out and back in again?

And she's back lol I can see you!! That's weird! Your other posts are still blank though :\

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,704 Member
  • Options
    Pitton wrote: »
    @cmbaker16 I have posted your gift 2 times and both times it say it was waiting to be approved :( I will try to send it again tomorrow. I can't stay on the computer long because of a bad hip so hoping that tomorrow will be better. Again so sorry about that :(

Oh boy this silly silly site! What the heck? Take care of your hip and hopefully it will work tomorrow!
  • Options
    Pitton wrote: »

Aw @Pitton, that is a common problem. It never posts later when it says that. You just need to edit the post after typing something first by clicking on the gear in the top right and clicking on edit. Then it will accept what you want to copy in. THEY are worried about trolls and spam, so the system doesn't like it when you just copy and paste without first typing something.
  • Options
    tanubanue wrote: »

Can you see the quote? I love the invisible hug!
  • Options

Can you see the quote? I love the invisible hug!

I can! I understand you snuck in a second house as well! Can you copy that post so I can see? Please and Thank you!

• Options
    Yay, @cmbaker16‌, I am so glad you like it. :smiley:

I am sorry I have nothing special to pull out of my hat for Marvelissa or PixieGamer, but I did visit Pixie's WL and leave a few little presents behind. ; }

I do, however, have a gift for both @tanubanue‌ and @ADWilson‌.

Tanu, you said: Some of my favorite Colors are: Greens, Earth Tones, some wood, Bold colors used for accents…. I don't like too many crazy patterns in one room…. I mix and match all my sets by my mood when I'm building…. I'm not stuck in any style what so ever. Sometimes I build quirky builds like the Wicky Wacky Witch Hut or I build more the house next door styles…. I would like you all to spoil each other, have fun with this exchange, and find smiles around every turn!!

Addy, you said: I really like all variations of blues, greens, and purples….I honestly don't have a favorite. I enjoy driving around (whether in town or on vacation) admiring different styles….If making a lot all I ask is that you let me know which town & what address as I sometimes have trouble making them look right if I place them in the wrong town…. If by sheer luck some little nugget has managed to grab the attention of a creative muse, then please know that I will love whatever is given to me because of the time, thought and effort that went into it.

Though you have picked up many starters here already, I offer another one. It's only a starter if you are starting with a couple. Otherwise you will have to sacrifice something, but you pick. I couldn't.

Screenshot-13_zps16b45965.jpg

more pictures here: http://s45.photobucket.com/user/ciane/slideshow/101/ss/FF

And I don't think I'm missing a number on this one; so try here:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8522002

Hoping this works for Tanu!

• Options
    Yay, @cmbaker16‌, I am so glad you like it. :smiley:

I am sorry I have nothing special to pull out of my hat for Marvelissa or PixieGamer, but I did visit Pixie's WL and leave a few little presents behind. ; }

I do, however, have a gift for both @tanubanue‌ and @ADWilson‌.

Tanu, you said: Some of my favorite Colors are: Greens, Earth Tones, some wood, Bold colors used for accents…. I don't like too many crazy patterns in one room…. I mix and match all my sets by my mood when I'm building…. I'm not stuck in any style what so ever. Sometimes I build quirky builds like the Wicky Wacky Witch Hut or I build more the house next door styles…. I would like you all to spoil each other, have fun with this exchange, and find smiles around every turn!!

Addy, you said: I really like all variations of blues, greens, and purples….I honestly don't have a favorite. I enjoy driving around (whether in town or on vacation) admiring different styles….If making a lot all I ask is that you let me know which town & what address as I sometimes have trouble making them look right if I place them in the wrong town…. If by sheer luck some little nugget has managed to grab the attention of a creative muse, then please know that I will love whatever is given to me because of the time, thought and effort that went into it.

Though you have picked up many starters here already, I offer another one. It's only a starter if you are starting with a couple. Otherwise you will have to sacrifice something, but you pick. I couldn't.

Screenshot-13_zps16b45965.jpg

more pictures here: http://s45.photobucket.com/user/ciane/slideshow/101/ss/FF

And I don't think I'm missing a number on this one; so try here:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8522002

Hoping this works for Tanu!
    When I quoted this I could see the text! Thank you!!! Gonna explore it in game! <3

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    so i don't have to look it up what are earth tones?
  • Options

Earth tones are just natural tones that you see in nature around you. Browns, greens, sky blue etc. Colors that aren't made by humans in other words. :)

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @ciane‌

Oh, wow! The name "Fickle Future" made me laugh, but the house is anything but laughable. A cute place for a Sim couple to start their life together and there's plenty of room to grow as their interests take them here and there. Thank YOU, I <3 it!!!
  • Options
    Earth tones are colors found naturally. We often think of brown dirt and tree bark and warm yellows like the sun and even oranges and reds of leaves turning color. Depending on who is defining earth tones, green grass and blue sky and even the many colors of flowers could all apply.
  • Options

Earth tones are just natural tones that you see in nature around you. Browns, greens, sky blue etc. Colors that aren't made by humans in other words. :)

thank yo for the explanation tanu. also thank you to both you and addy for all the work you did for the gift exchange.BIG HUGS FOR BOTH OF YOU.
  • Options
    Earth tones are colors found naturally. We often think of brown dirt and tree bark and warm yellows like the sun and even oranges and reds of leaves turning color. Depending on who is defining earth tones, green grass and blue sky and even the many colors of flowers could all apply.[/quote

yea i learned something.
  • Options

thank yo for the explanation tanu. also thank you to both you and addy for all the work you did for the gift exchange.BIG HUGS FOR BOTH OF YOU.

You are very welcome Ali! Big Hugs for you too!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7RaoKgdQalXWvDm-yVn_ecXbA6ywv5pJUxUBcBl5GotVbl6fB
  • Options
    @Morakai...so I took another look, and I was able to fit another 40x40 lot, and I moved the renassaince faire there, which was in the big 64x64 lot that looks like it is on top of the mountain, so build whatever size lot you want, I have a huge lot empty and waiting!

Besides, I think it would look cool up there, kind of away and apart from 'town'

happy happy joy joy....happy happy joy joy...

I'm so happy that you were able to get the packs installed sooner and are so excited for all your gifts. It is a lot of fun to have a lot of new things that you can play with.

I hope that Ciane doesn't get left behind though. I'm wondering if I should make her something as she has to wait so long for the rest of her gifts.

I actually have another gift that I am going to be putting up in a day or two, depends on how quick I get the next two chapters up. I wanted to wait, because I wanted Ciane to get it the same time Jaimey and Mitchell do! I am actually working on it now, it was more done, but the file got messed up.

Which brings me to a question...do saves get messed up when you install new sp and ep's?

Thank GOD I keep backups on my desk top, but they were not the most recent, so I lost some, not much, but enough to be annoying...I think I will finish that first, send it in for you to dip in custard *yummy* then, I can have it ready for when I get to that point in the story.

Adding new EPs and SPs should not cause problems. Often sims get reset when you install a new EP or SP, so try not to save a game with a sim in a shower or you'll have a naked sim walking around afterwards until you have the sim change outfits. (Mine are usually in bed, so they pop out of bed without being full rested when I install a new EP.) It's more likely that the save didn't really save.

I have a friend who always uses "save as" instead of "save" to prevent the older saves from getting corrupt. So I do that too. I just keep saving as all day long. The next day when I load my game, I delete all but the last two (so I have a backup.)