Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• Options
    DescantDescant Posts: 41 Member
    You're going to have to copy/paste the images since new members can't post pictures.

@luthienrising I know, isn't it crazy? I was hoping it was just him with weird genetics but it's affecting everyone.
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    Descant wrote: »
    You're going to have to copy/paste the images since new members can't post pictures.<br />
    <br />
    @luthienrising I know, isn't it crazy? I was hoping it was just him with weird genetics but it's affecting everyone.

Oh really? That must be newly changed as new members could before.

Yeah those pics of yours look like several npc's walking around my town now, all with the same features. Creepy...
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Descant wrote: »
    That would explain why my male sims look almost completely different when they age. Bah, they better fix this soon.<br />
    <br />
    Teen <br />
    imgur.com/KfZoBsJ<br />
    <br />
    YA (I did change his hair from brown to black)<br />
    imgur.com/fbjYpay<br />
    <br />
    Diff. Teen<br />
    imgur.com/j3m7WuM<br />
    <br />
    Granted, the above sim does have small eye genetics from the grandparents - but nothing like *that*. The first sim is a random townie my sim married. You can see how his large round eyes shrunk and his soft jawline changed.

It doesn´t look like the same sim. Even the bottom lip changed slightly. It got thinner. And the eyes! Not even remotely the same.

No point in playing like this. On the shelf it goes.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited October 2014
    Bump, because I think it's important to keep on the first page admist all the troll type threads showing up there.

Edit: It took 12 minutes for this thread to be on page 3.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Yeah this makes me want to turn the aging off and not age up my Sim family's twins.

I know I can CAS fix them but I wanted to see what they would look like as a legit blend of the parents.

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    sholtx wrote: »
    I've got the same problem too. I thought it was something to do with genetics. Here is an example.

Teen
    qvxZe9z.png

YA
    LT90G8X.png

That's interesting. This one looks like they took all of the facial features and shrunk them down a tad but left the head size the same.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited October 2014
    I think I read either in this thread or another that the latest patch that created this glitch Also rendered aging off glitched! And the sims age and end up with small eyes wide jaw anyhow.

Edit: Read through page 2 of this thread, it's said "aging off is broken".
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    zorba2357 wrote: »
    I think I read either in this thread or another that the latest patch that created this glitch Also rendered aging off glitched! And the sims age and end up with small eyes wide jaw anyhow.

So far I've seen one person say that aging controls don't work in their game and sims age even with aging off and one person say they aren't having a problem with aging controls. I'm building right now but will be double-checking in one of my casual saves before playing any saves that really matter to me.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    You can really see the problem by taking a Sim with a distinctive jaw into CAS, then create with the DNA icon. It starts out as a child for that sim. Click to set it to sibling and then randomize twin. The guy loses his chin. So it is definitely messed up since the patch.

This sucks!!
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    pguida wrote: »

image.jpg

tumblr_inline_nc6dn6LH0r1r6mfh6.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited October 2014
    Nvm! I just noticed this in my game too! Was this cause of the patch?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited October 2014
    Orchid13 wrote: »

TBH I think its always been that way, though the patch may have exasperated it.

• Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I just went into CAS and experimented with my current family and with random sims. Every one of the dice roll sims had incredibly narrow eyes and square jaws. My existing family's created offspring had normal eyes as a child, but they narrowed considerably when I aged him up to teen. His jawline also widened. His father has a pronounced jaw, but it is not wide by any means. He has your typical oval face. The mother's also is normal.

I then took a completely random child sim created in CAS and enlarged his eyes somewhat. He had what I would call normal-sized eyes when I grew him up, but I had to make sure his eyes were on the largish side when he was a child to get this to happen. This is not good at all.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Made a test with male and female sims in CAS - and indeed the game makes male eyes a little bit smaller and jaws wider when you change the age group (though never grotesque, tbh I wouldn't have remarked it on my own). Noses and mouth didn't change for me.The strange thing is that eyes and form of the head absolutely don't change for women. It looks like the devs have decided to correct male face towards a masculine cliché. Perhaps it's not a bug but a wanted feature.
  • Options
    MythicMissMythicMiss Posts: 44 Member
    Do you think this could somehow be related to some of the weird genetic variations some children born in-game are showing? I'm talking about the situations where the child (even as a teen or adult) looks nothing like either parent.
  • Options
    DianeLuvsMunkyDianeLuvsMunky Posts: 104 Member
    How are you all testing this? Are you aging them up in CAS or with the cake? Is it sims you had before the patch or newly made (or born) ones.

I don't seem to have this problem as far as I can see, yes the jaws get slightly bigger... but nothing crazy, not like the pics I've seen posted on this thread. The face just sort of matures and looses the "baby fat". (Can't think of another way to describe it.) However the sims I have were all born before the patch.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    How are you all testing this? Are you aging them up in CAS or with the cake? .

Open CAS and create a male young adult with big eyes and a slim face. Now click on the different life stages and look how the face changes. Then click on the female symbol and repeat the procedure with the female version of the face. The difference is striking.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2014
    How are you all testing this? Are you aging them up in CAS or with the cake? Is it sims you had before the patch or newly made (or born) ones.

I don't seem to have this problem as far as I can see, yes the jaws get slightly bigger... but nothing crazy, not like the pics I've seen posted on this thread. The face just sort of matures and looses the "baby fat". (Can't think of another way to describe it.) However the sims I have were all born before the patch.

I just went through my whole Manage Households. Every single male Sim who aged up in-game since Oct. 1 had a broad, square jaw and small, narrow eyes, and the same ears too. Same with every non-child male Sim created by the game during that time. Almost all, except a couple who had had very thick lips before the game aged them up, had narrow lips.

(They don't now! I only left that post-update look on a couple of them. I did a lot of looking at sisters and older daughters and moms to recreate what the genetics probably were! But I don't want to: I really like seeing what the game does, when it's not glitched.)

The genetic mixing over generations is one of the things I like most about this game, all the more so when I can add a non-handsome Sim to the game to mix in. My Sims worlds are diverse, and suddenly this one isn't. This isn't game-breaking for me short term, but it means I feel way less committed to my current savegame -- which produced a whole lot of samey Sims in just the second generation. I don't want to get deep into a savegame as someone who plays long genealogies until this is fixed. And I'll probably completely abandon the current savegame: fixing created-by-genetics Sims myself just feels so wrong.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Eiszimmer wrote: »
    It is as if all the male Sims are developing a Syndrome. The same aberration occurs when changing a previously normal YA or Adult male Sim to another life-stage. This needs to be fixed right now without further excuse.

Yes!
  • Options
    zorba2357 wrote: »
    It's definitely important to me too. I sure don't want to spend all that time and effort on creating my sims just to have them all revert to this "default" face.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Yeah this makes me want to turn the aging off and not age up my Sim family's twins.

I know I can CAS fix them but I wanted to see what they would look like as a legit blend of the parents.

That's what I play for!
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    edited October 2014
    I had to age up a baby in one of my houses and the son looked nothing like the parents so had to edit him in CAS. During tomorrows Q&A with the guru's this issue needs to be brought up, along with all the troll problems they can't seem to manage.
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

It seems likely.
  • Options

I just went through my whole Manage Households. Every single male Sim who aged up in-game since Oct. 1 had a broad, square jaw and small, narrow eyes, and the same ears too. Same with every non-child male Sim created by the game during that time. Almost all, except a couple who had had very thick lips before the game aged them up, had narrow lips.

(They don't now! I only left that post-update look on a couple of them. I did a lot of looking at sisters and older daughters and moms to recreate what the genetics probably were! But I don't want to: I really like seeing what the game does, when it's not glitched.)

The genetic mixing over generations is one of the things I like most about this game, all the more so when I can add a non-handsome Sim to the game to mix in. My Sims worlds are diverse, and suddenly this one isn't. This isn't game-breaking for me short term, but it means I feel way less committed to my current savegame -- which produced a whole lot of samey Sims in just the second generation. I don't want to get deep into a savegame as someone who plays long genealogies until this is fixed. And I'll probably completely abandon the current savegame: fixing created-by-genetics Sims myself just feels so wrong.

It's really widespread.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Willow wrote: »
    I had to age up a baby in one of my houses and the son looked nothing like that parents so had to edit him in CAS. During tomorrows Q&A with the guru's this issue needs to be brought up, along with all the troll problems they can't seem to manage.

I've got links to these topics for tomorrow:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793258/small-eyes-wide-jaw-glitch
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/792919/latest-patch-altered-broke-aging-for-males
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/792950/is-it-just-me-or-do-all-the-kids-basically-look-the-same

If you know of any others, let me know and I'll add them! I'm working from home all day tomorrow, mostly offline, but planning to set a timer for the chat.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top