Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**Latest Patch Altered/Broke Aging for Males!**

Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
I noticed, as I was adjusting my existing Sims in CAS, something seems to be wrong with aging Sims. When my Sims age, no matter what their appearance may be, they *ALL* share the same facial structure and the eyes seem to shrink, too. This only seems to affect the males. Here are examples:

6y7LGQS.png

s2sAONl.png

evTc6Nz.png

How the last Sim aged *BEFORE* the patch:
rzKdpVH.png

Is anyone else having this problem?

Post edited by Sk8rblaze on

Comments

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    there is a slight line under the eye, just on the cheek bone on each of the older sim, so that would indicate that aging is actually adding some features to the face to make it look older, maybe shrinking the eye slightly is part of that process. I would say aging is working perfectly.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    there is a slight line under the eye, just on the cheek bone on each of the older sim, so that would indicate that aging is actually adding some features to the face to make it look older, maybe shrinking the eye slightly is part of that process. I would say aging is working perfectly.

@litabelaqua Yeah, aging is adding those features (as it was before), but it seems to have changed the process drastically compared to before. Before, my Sim (on the bottom) just had wrinkles added. His eyes weren't sunken and stretched as it does now. The eyes look like they now change to a completely different preset.

Even weirder, I tried aging that bottom Sim in-game, compared to CAS. I then went into CAS and set himself back to his original young adult age stage. He looks completely different now..

uvFc8UU.png
  • Options
    chriswebb68chriswebb68 Posts: 36 Member
    Before the patch, it happened to male teens aging into young adults as well.
  • Options
    CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, there's been a thread or two going around about this...I hope it's a bug that will be fixed, it really bothers me. If you notice on the side view in game, the young adult males profiles get flattened out, too. And then when they age from young adult to adult, the males eyes get larger again. Something's not right with the aging/ genetics.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, there's been a thread or two going around about this...I hope it's a bug that will be fixed, it really bothers me. If you notice on the profile view, the young adult age (where I've been noticing it) gets flattened too much. And then when they age from young adult to adult, the males eyes get larger again. Something's not right with the aging/ genetics.

Oh good, I'm glad it's not just me and seems to be a bug.

It's really bothering me too. It seems like I'm going to have to keep my Sims stuck on young adult until they can get this fixed. My Sims just end up looking too much different than my liking, and I'm pretty sure the genetics are affected by this too.

Hopefully more awareness is spread on this issue so the gurus can fix it ASAP. It's a major bug, IMHO.
  • Options
    CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    I agree. I think it's been posted on crinrict's bug thread so I'm really hoping it gets fixed, as it's a major bug to me as well.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I seen several threads spawn about this matter, I'm convinced it's a bug. hoping it gets acknowledged and fixed.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    0Respect0Respect Posts: 45 New Member
    im so confused, how do u guys notice these details. You guys must have amazing eyes.
  • Options
    0Respect wrote: »
    im so confused, how do u guys notice these details. You guys must have amazing eyes.

I don't know, to me, the change is pretty big (and bad too), so I was able to notice it right away. It may help that I've had Sims age from young adult to adult in the past prior to the start of this bug, so I was able to know that there definitely is something up.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Yep, there's a definite bug that seems to be genericizing the looks when a sim ages. Vlaxitov had a thread about some fantasy sims he was making based on Dark Crystal characters and there were some obvious changes to their facial structure when he turn them into children and back to teens. But someone mentioned that the gurus are aware so hopefully it gets fixed soon.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I noticed, as I was adjusting my existing Sims in CAS, something seems to be wrong with aging Sims. When my Sims age, no matter what their appearance may be, they *ALL* share the same facial structure and the eyes seem to shrink, too. This only seems to affect the males. Here are examples:

6y7LGQS.png

s2sAONl.png

evTc6Nz.png

rzKdpVH.png

I have had that glitch too.
  • Options
    Still awaiting a patch to fix this.
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

6y7LGQS.png

s2sAONl.png

evTc6Nz.png

rzKdpVH.png

Luckily my sims are Asian