Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    Simley wrote: »
    I imagine it would eventually transfer into the female population too, if the small eyes are part of the fathers' genetics. Eventually everyone in town would have small eyes.

That's exactly what's happened to my female child Sim. Her father was affected with boulder-jaw and squinty-eye syndrome. Unfortunately for her, she took after her father's genes and ended up looking like this.

vgopb8.png

Yeesh if the eyes are supposed to get smaller as she ages, I'm scared to see her as a teenager. Will she even have eyes?!

This is so messed up.

The whole point of playing for me is generations and genetics. Everything else is just fluff.
    Granted, fun fluff, but still fluff.

Agreed.

• Options
    Okay, so this is definitely the most important bug to fix right now.

Yes!

• Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    There's an ask a guru thread going on today at 2PM PST. We should bring this bug up in the thread.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I'll be at work, so I'd really appreciate if you guys brought it up!

It seems to be affecting a large number of people.
  • Options

Generation game play has played a massive role in the franchise since The Sims 2. It's a huge part of the way I play my game too. I can't do anything in my game until this is fixed. I think I'm also going to turn off automatic patches for TS4 too.

There's an ask a guru thread going on today at 2PM PST. We should bring this bug up in the thread.

Most definetly. I went through my townies now, and the squinty-eyes-wide-jaw syndrome has affected the entire population. They just don´t look right.

That's REALLY a bad -- many of us are going to have to restore our games to an earlier point in time or start over completely because of this bug.

It overwrites each Sim's genetics and appearance, so I don't think it's possible they could restore what the correct genetic info should be.

That is why I may have to stop playing...

• Options
    Alexander Goth just aged up to a teen in my game, and it's not pretty.

I snagged this pic of him from another thread. It's how he aged up to teen in someone else's game, pre-patch: 2014-09-13_11-37_zps962ed0f4.png

He looks like this in mine:
    Alexander-teen_crop.png

Not only did his jaw widen, but his whole face seems to have lengthened, too. Ack!

That looks terrible!
  • Options
    @Beardedgeek

I think pguida reported it and it was aknowledged by a guru.

@SimGuruZephyr noted it here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12813419/#Comment_12813419
    + I've got a pile of links to this and other topics on the same thing and will, barring kids getting hit by busses etc., post to the 2-3 p.m. thread.

Please, I insist, post about it this afternoon! Everybody.

Let them see it is not an isolated case!
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Wow I saw this in CAS the other day with randomly generated males and couldn't figure it out. I was also so confused about why the my sims were getting ugly! Explains it all, hope it gets fixed urgently.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Okay, so no luck on Mr. Landgraab - he aged up from teen prepatch in my current game too.

But here's a kid I made in CAS as a Teen, with a really tiny jaw and soft chin and big eyes, followed by what the game wants him to do as a YA and Adult. This is not what the game does with women, and not what it was doing with men pre-patch (at least not for me). Their eyes get smaller only from child to teen (which is the natural progression, because our heads get bigger), and their jaw shape doesn't change:

2w4goro.jpg
    97tgcp.jpg
    2q8sh9i.jpg
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited October 2014
    Bumping this thread back to the front page as it needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

I've been playing with aging off so I never saw this phenomenon for myself...until this thread prompted me to go into CAS.

Young Adult, Adult and then Teen versions of the same sim. Do not want...
    15282188679_e61a16b853.jpg

15468739652_e23910f19d.jpg

15469070415_a94c8ccb90.jpg
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I kept wondering why my sims' son didn't look like either of his parents. :neutral_face:

This really needs to be fixed. I think that CAS is one of the best things about this game, but there's no point to spending lots of time on sims in CAS if the game just makes all sims look the same after a generation. :disappointed:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    I noticed last night when my male sim grew into a adult and I thought he looked different. This thread has made me see why. Unfortunately I saved so he will have to stay that way but I won't play anymore until this is fixed cause I don't want his kids to change! X
    Gallery xbecky685x
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Just had my first male born post-patch age to child. His eyes seem very small, but until I hit this thread I didn't think much of it. I guess I need to wait and see what he's like as a teen. I made his dad in CAS; mom was a townie. Neither has small eyes. Dad has aged from YA to A, but I didn't notice any particular difference in the eyes and jaw. Then again, I wasn't looking for them. I'll look next time I'm in-game. It could be that his nose dominates so much, I just didn't notice. Was really hoping the kid would get his dad's nose, but if the game is normalizing things or working on some standard of features .......
  • Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Alexander Goth just aged up to a teen in my game, and it's not pretty.

I snagged this pic of him from another thread. It's how he aged up to teen in someone else's game, pre-patch: 2014-09-13_11-37_zps962ed0f4.png

He looks like this in mine:
    Alexander-teen_crop.png

Not only did his jaw widen, but his whole face seems to have lengthened, too. Ack!

@lovejoyriteia He looks like your version in my game too. I thought he just had bad luck aging up.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    I kept wondering why my sims' son didn't look like either of his parents. :neutral_face:

This really needs to be fixed. I think that CAS is one of the best things about this game, but there's no point to spending lots of time on sims in CAS if the game just makes all sims look the same after a generation. :disappointed:

Indeed.
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    Thanks for posting about this! I had just turned the lifespan down a little so mine would age too! Guess I'll be turning aging off now
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting about this! I had just turned the lifespan down a little so mine would age too! Guess I'll be turning aging off now

You're welcome.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    So as it stands now the choice is to either turn off aging (which is bugged too?) Or stop playing until fixed?

"Yay".

Wonder why they didn't playtest the aging up function after changing it?? And why did they change it??
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    15268428208_8e72ea7259_c.jpg
    Alexander Goth in my game. Hope this get fixed very soon!
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I'm not sure what's happening here, but we'll look into it on our end. Thanks for the detailed photos and information, this should help.

Thank you.

As I've pointed out, it's not just happening with aging up male Sims. When I go to manage households, every single randomly generated male townie Sim has this exact same face. They all have the giant jaws and small eyes. The lack of randomization with all of them taking on this default face means that soon they will all look like this through genetics unless we make our own townies and fix them when they age up.
  • Options
    CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    edited October 2014
    If you look at the male faces in profile view, the bug shows up there too. With mine, the bugged male sims in profile have very flattened faces. Much more so than they did when they looked correct. So for some reason the features flatten out *much* more than they should.
  • Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    This happen to me, too. :s

This is August, my sim had him with Don Lothario. I was so happy with him,
    Here he is as a teen

d3b4d7c0-c1c2-47e0-8187-cd6d491901ad.png

I had his b-day party today. This completely ruined it for me.
    Now as a Young Adult

50e1c648-4ee3-4fab-8690-9ccd8dcd61c6.png

boooohissssss
    Not a happy camper.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    I'm not sure what's happening here, but we'll look into it on our end. Thanks for the detailed photos and information, this should help.

Thank you.

As I've pointed out, it's not just happening with aging up male Sims. When I go to manage households, every single randomly generated male townie Sim has this exact same face. They all have the giant jaws and small eyes. The lack of randomization with all of them taking on this default face means that soon they will all look like this through genetics unless we make our own townies and fix them when they age up.

In my game too.
    Every male townie I encounter looks like this. Wide jaw, squinty eyes.

I have noticed the females are quite similar as well, eventhough they dont suffer the squinty-eyes-wide-jaw syndrome.

Clearly, looking at Alex Goth, the genetics are not working. Where are Bellas genes in that monstrosity?!
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Guys, there is an official bug thread. So as well as talking to the gurus in the chat, please go over and click "me too" on this thread.
  • Options
    CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    edited October 2014
    Guys, there is an official bug thread. So as well as talking to the gurus in the chat, please go over and click "me too" on this thread.

Clicked. I think the title should be: "Small Eyes, Wide Jaw, Flat Profile Glitch" personally...the flattened out pancake profile is bugging me as much as the other points. I just don't want the profile glitch to get forgotten when they address the small eyes, wide jaw bug.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top