Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

1424344454648...Next

Comments

• VibseVibse Posts: 100 Member
    seems I will be keeping Shimrods fix in my mods folder for a while. I really hope they fix this issue soon
    Origin ID: Vibse83
    The Jensen family tree
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2014
    So what should we do? In the few hours I played I never even saw any townies. The only sims to wander through my neighborhood appeared to be ones living in the playable households that came with the neighborhood unless I missed something. But I really don't want to put a lot of time into a town where the genetics are going to be all messed up in every time one ages or marries a townie. (if I ever find them) Should we still look for the manual patch and put it in?

Well, you always have two choices in any situation. You figure out how to work with it or you move on. I have chosen to figure out how to work with it since I do enjoy this game. I like it better than Sims 3. I've posted many times already that I won't be spending more money on this game because my confidence in the "team" is shaken by them not fixing this issue. I will happily take anything free they offer us but I won't as happily fork over the massive amount of money I did for Sims 3.

Anyways......what you can do is what @msphy has suggested. Either install @shimrod101 mod (which works wonderfully for many) or make your own Sims, place them on a lot and evict them so they become "townies" then once a week either go in and delete all the randomly spawned "unplayed townies" from manage world or do as @sincerbox has suggested and take these clone spawns into CAS and give them makeovers.

All tedious work but it goes back to always having two options in any situation, figure a work around or move on.

@shimrod101 - I've seen evidence of this in my own game. It started to get really bad after the last "fix" where all males and females started to look the same. Now it's just ridiculous, thank you for taking the time to confirm and clarify things.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    So what should we do? In the few hours I played I never even saw any townies. The only sims to wander through my neighborhood appeared to be ones living in the playable households that came with the neighborhood unless I missed something. But I really don't want to put a lot of time into a town where the genetics are going to be all messed up in every time one ages or marries a townie. (if I ever find them) Should we still look for the manual patch and put it in?

Genetics do not seem messed up.
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member

True its the Randomizer that's Broken i think.
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Will someone please get pics with clones and open a new thread?

Posting more and more in this thread won't help addressing the randomizer issue. This thread needs to die.

Well use this to Report the Cloned Townie Bug http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited November 2014

I actually think they are. In a kind of way, where a child can get gray hair if his parents aged up to elders and the child's aging up to teen.
    Don't know if that was the exact occasion but it happened.

Edit: It's like the game just uses the parents current genetics when it needs them. A let-down to be honest.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

FFS this is a total shambles on the dev's part. As someone who has worked in the software engineering field in the past, I can't quite believe the way in which this has been handled.

I actually think they are. In a kind of way, where a child can get gray hair if his parents aged up to elders and the child's aging up to teen.

Edit: It's like the game just uses the parents current genetics when it needs them. A let-down to be honest.

So do we have to Report it?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »

So do we have to Report it?

Yeah, I've seen that problem too. The game must switch elders' hair code to "grey" or "white" from "brown" or "red" or "blonde" or "black" or whatever it was before, instead of adding a second code. I keep hitting it in CAS, when I'm giving an elder couple a teen or YA child.

Sorry I haven't got my head around setting up a couple of other topics for the CAS randomization and the household variety issues. I've been fluff-only outside work at the moment and wanted to get the details right. I'll see if a couple more cups of coffee get my head on track to not completely misstate the problems in the opening post. That never helps :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2014
    Okay, "Samey" Sims topic started! I really hope some of you have screenshots, she says pointedly. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/798574/cas-and-townie-randomization-too-samey#latest
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Okay, "Samey" Sims topic started! I really hope some of you have screenshots, she says pointedly. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/798574/cas-and-townie-randomization-too-samey#latest

On it.....*runs to my PB account to get the latest one*

Thank you for starting it.
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    This hasn't been fixed yet? Dear lord this thread is long hahaha.

Yeah yeah this thread needs to end.
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Due to popular request, this thread is now closed.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top