Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    pguida wrote: »
    Called it to your attention in that other thread didn't I? lol..

Fight-bait for today?

No, you didn't. CAS not working suddenly was very noticiable.

It happened occasionally before. Now it's every single time. As the 14 pictures I took show it.

Nope friendly discussion, I thought we were talking about this yesterday or the day before in another thread.

Remember, the "all kids look the same" thread?

Yes. But the difference is you reported that only happened if the sim aged in-game. It is now widespread, happening in all instances and has even affected townie generation and CAS randomiser. It's a much bigger issue.

Both the sims I showed were never children.
  • Options
    Going off what @vlaxitov just posted, I was going to ask if you guys who are having this issue if you did some fine editting of the eyes? Maybe the game isn't able to do the genetics thing unless it is on one of the preset eyes? I don't know, just guessing.

Now, this does not address the fact that the majority of male townies spawned by the game also share these features.

This happens sometimes when I try:

image.jpg

Well, what I learned from Sims 3 is that many times these bugs have many layers,

I do think that aging up a Sim who has parents with fine tuned features is causing an issue because the game can't figure out what to do with those non-preset features.

However, there is still the problem of randomly generated Sims in both CAS and by the game having these features.

Does it fix at all when you take them into CAS? Or are you just too upset that they don't look like the parents anymore when you do this?

You'd have to fix it eveytime they aged and be good enough you could tweak them exactly to normal. Not to mention several times the controls just get screwed up, like above.
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    The Sim I'm currently playing already had a pretty strong jaw by design, but I didn't notice his eyes turning tiny until this was brought to my attention.

I'm not getting the identical townies, but I play with aging off, so they are automatically generated with unique faces.

Something odd I noticed though. I did find a couple of random townies that I likes (with poor fashion sense). I brought them into CAS.fulleditmode to change clothes, and make minor tweaks if necessary. Upon clicking a facial feature it "Jumped" as if it was set at an invalid value. It does this with body fitness too, but in that case it's because the slider range in CAS is lower than what can be achieved by actual weight lifting in play.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    katoregama wrote: »
    It does this with body fitness too, but in that case it's because the slider range in CAS is lower than what can be achieved by actual weight lifting in play.

Really? I had no idea.

• Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited October 2014

Fight-bait for today?

It happened occasionally before. Now it's every single time. As the 14 pictures I took show it.

Nope friendly discussion, I thought we were talking about this yesterday or the day before in another thread.

Yes. But the difference is you reported that only happened if the sim aged in-game. It is now widespread, happening in all instances and has even affected townie generation and CAS randomiser. It's a much bigger issue.

Yeah I'm not seeing that happen across the board yet in my game, hope it never does.

What I do know is that whether in game or CAS that it seems the childhood and maybe teen stages trigger some sort of normalization.

You saying the features just shrink even without a life stage change?

• Options
    edited October 2014

Fight-bait for today?

Yeah I'm not seeing that happen across the board yet in my game, hope it never does.

What I do know is that whether in game or CAS that it seems the childhood and maybe teen stages trigger some sort of normalization.

To me, it's not that. It's eye and jaw controls increasingly getting botched.

I hadn't started Live Mode. I had never had any sim age in game. I did use CAS a lot, though.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Are you bouncing back and forth between life stages in CAS to see what they look like?
  • Options
    Are you bouncing back and forth between life stages in CAS to see what they look like?

Yes. But not so much between Child and other ages. More between Teen - Adult.

The controls are jumping out of the grid.

The patch made some tuning that didn't take and then it resets.
  • Options

I'd be willing to bet that if you put a teen in your neighborhood and aged them up that you'd get the same effect.

• Options

I'd be willing to bet that if you put a teen in your neighborhood and aged them up that you'd get the same effect.

Any aging of all kind has that effect. Not even the young adult face presets work anymore.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    I have a young adult sim of me I use in games, and I often import him into a new family in a new game and turn him into a child. But when he ages back up to young adult in the game, he looks altered as you said, and not the same as he started out.

It seems it's not just me with the issue.

It´s not just you. I have the same issue, I just didn´t know because I haven´t been aging my sims past childhood lately.
    This needs a fix. Now.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    If @SimGuruGrant's aware of the problem and says he's taking it seriously and working on a fix, I have no doubt that our male Sims are in good hands. :) I'm no EA cheerleader either, but I have loads of respect for that guy.

Where was it posted that he was aware of the issue? I couldn't find it and wasn't sure when or where he had posted regarding the problem.
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793267/ask-a-simguru-2pm-to-3pm-pst#latest

This Ask a simguru thread is the new thread, linked from both the ask a simgurusemedi and simgurugrant threads.

Hopefully someone or ones who is home and able to post this glitch will do so and bring it to the attention of the simgurus for sure when the thread is open, starting tomorrow the 7th.
  • Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    I've got the same problem too. I thought it was something to do with genetics. Here is an example.

Teen
    qvxZe9z.png

YA
    LT90G8X.png
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    Sapphire_Sim16Sapphire_Sim16 Posts: 127 Member
    *sigh* I wish we weren't required to download patches to play the game. I won't be playing until this is fixed because I'm playing a story with a lot of males :(
  • Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    Is this something that a modder could fix?
  • Options
    EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    It is as if all the male Sims are developing a Syndrome. The same aberration occurs when changing a previously normal YA or Adult male Sim to another life-stage. This needs to be fixed right now without further excuse.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    edited October 2014
    I have had this issue since the demo
  • Options
    Simley wrote: »
    Is this something that a modder could fix?

Probably, however some people (me!) don't download a bunch of mods. EA should fix their game. We shouldn't HAVE to download 3rd party mods!

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    They are so odd looking :S i don't think i have this issue.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    I generally don't download mods, but genetics are important to me in the game, and I fear we may wait a long time for a fix on this.
  • Options
    It's definitely important to me too. I sure don't want to spend all that time and effort on creating my sims just to have them all revert to this "default" face.
  • Options
    DescantDescant Posts: 41 Member
    That would explain why my male sims look almost completely different when they age. Bah, they better fix this soon.

Teen
    imgur.com/KfZoBsJ

YA (I did change his hair from brown to black)
    imgur.com/fbjYpay

Diff. Teen
    imgur.com/j3m7WuM

Granted, the above sim does have small eye genetics from the grandparents - but nothing like *that*. The first sim is a random townie my sim married. You can see how his large round eyes shrunk and his soft jawline changed.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Descant wrote: »
    That would explain why my male sims look almost completely different when they age. Bah, they better fix this soon.<br />
    <br />
    Teen <br />
    imgur.com/KfZoBsJ<br />
    <br />
    YA (I did change his hair from brown to black)<br />
    imgur.com/fbjYpay<br />
    <br />
    Diff. Teen<br />
    imgur.com/j3m7WuM<br />
    <br />
    Granted, the above sim does have small eye genetics from the grandparents - but nothing like *that*. The first sim is a random townie my sim married. You can see how his large round eyes shrunk and his soft jawline changed.

Those first two look like two completely different people who happen to have the same haircut.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    Descant wrote: »
    That would explain why my male sims look almost completely different when they age. Bah, they better fix this soon.<br />
    <br />
    Teen <br />
    imgur.com/KfZoBsJ<br />
    <br />
    YA (I did change his hair from brown to black)<br />
    imgur.com/fbjYpay<br />
    <br />
    Diff. Teen<br />
    imgur.com/j3m7WuM<br />
    <br />

I don't see your pics showing up.
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top