Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited October 2014
    I have a young adult sim of me I use in games, and I often import him into a new family in a new game and turn him into a child. But when he ages back up to young adult in the game, he looks altered as you said, and not the same as he started out.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    pguida wrote: »
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Hrm, that is weird the jawline does looks abnormally large and the eyes definitely get smaller. And it's happening to everyone? Are you using any mods or cheats?

Maybe John Travolta made his way through the lady sims in your town.

Took my Mod folders out. The same happens to all male sims. It used to happen sometimes when it started. Now it happens all the time.

Even the randomise button only generates sims like this.

I don't think I'll be able to play if this keeps up!

I don't like that it's come to this, but I really like that you said so! I would like your post but don't wish to cause a misunderstanding. So I really like that you are pointing this matter out and are taking a serious stand. I have been forced to stop playing the game because the recent game update broke the ability to turn aging off.

I never knew about this bug because I didn't want my sims to age at all right now. I'm working on a story and also learning the game (I have no idea how much time I'd like my sims to live for until I've played and seen how much they can accomplish in a set number of days, for instance.) However, it is mainly the story reason. When I write a story that isn't a Legacy, I do it with aging off. I was 100% counting on Aging Off and rotational gameplay in order to write my story, but it really looks like one of these is a pipe dream and the other is at least temporarily broken.

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    I have a young adult sim of me I use in games, and I often import him into a new family in a new game and turn him into a child. But when he ages back up to young adult in the game, he looks altered as you said, and not the same as he started out.

It seems it's not just me with the issue.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    That's like the pudding face epidemic of TS3.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Huh. So, these are the only before-and-after in-game aging screenshots that I have, but they're from this weekend, so post-update. This is child and teen; the aging was via cake:

2hdnqyx.jpg289ln9d.jpg

Same issue? I had only glanced through the earlier topics on this, so when I saw he had his dad's relatively dramatic nose as a teen, I didn't think to look at more. Now I wish I'd been paying attention in my previous game, which was all pre-update.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    OK. I took out the Mods folder. Nothing changed. I took out the whole Electronic Arts folder from My Documents, used the Repair Game function in Origin and started out fresh. Nothing changed. It seems seriously broken!
  • Options
    Huh. So, these are the only before-and-after in-game aging screenshots that I have, but they're from this weekend, so post-update. This is child and teen; the aging was via cake:

2hdnqyx.jpg289ln9d.jpg

Same issue? I had only glanced through the earlier topics on this, so when I saw he had his dad's relatively dramatic nose as a teen, I didn't think to look at more. Now I wish I'd been paying attention in my previous game, which was all pre-update.

When I randomise, all sims have small eyes and wide jaws!
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    Hrm, that is weird the jawline does looks abnormally large and the eyes definitely get smaller. And it's happening to everyone? Are you using any mods or cheats?

Took my Mod folders out. The same happens to all male sims. It used to happen sometimes when it started. Now it happens all the time.

I don't like that it's come to this, but I really like that you said so! I would like your post but don't wish to cause a misunderstanding. So I really like that you are pointing this matter out and are taking a serious stand. I have been forced to stop playing the game because the recent game update broke the ability to turn aging off.

I never knew about this bug because I didn't want my sims to age at all right now. I'm working on a story and also learning the game (I have no idea how much time I'd like my sims to live for until I've played and seen how much they can accomplish in a set number of days, for instance.) However, it is mainly the story reason. When I write a story that isn't a Legacy, I do it with aging off. I was 100% counting on Aging Off and rotational gameplay in order to write my story, but it really looks like one of these is a pipe dream and the other is at least temporarily broken.

What do you mean aging off is broken? I admit I haven't been back in game too much after the patch. Will have to go check that now cause that would mean I don't want to play either until it's fixed.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2014
    Particularly in this pic it's obvious something is broken in the system:

image.jpg

The proportions here are completely off. If it's patch related I'm sure they'll fix it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    I have the same problem in my game. It is horrifying. They need to fix the whole broken aging system. I love how EA takes one step forward and two steps back.
  • Options
    Eiszimmer wrote: »
    I have the same problem in my game. It is horrifying. They need to fix the whole broken aging system. I love how EA takes one step forward and two steps back.

I don't love it at all.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I just posted links to this and the other related topics I could find in the Tech Guru Q&A topic, and will try to remember to do the same in tomorrow's just-announced SimGuru Q&A.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    image.jpg

Spilt my drink on this one
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    Eiszimmer wrote: »

I don't love it at all.

My sarcasm was missed. ;) I hate this problem.
  • Options
    After removing the entire Electronic Arts folder from My Documents and having repaired the game through Origin, I go to Create-A-Sim and ramdomise sims. This is what I get, six times in a row, not skipping any sim:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

What do you mean aging off is broken? I admit I haven't been back in game too much after the patch. Will have to go check that now cause that would mean I don't want to play either until it's fixed.

I mean sims are aging at midnight despite the settings turned off for all the sims. SimGuruGrant acknowleged it the other day and said they're working on it, they know it's serious, can't promise a date on the fix, etc, but yeah. It plummed up my play plans all right!!

OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options

I mean sims are aging at midnight despite the settings turned off for all the sims. SimGuruGrant acknowleged it the other day and said they're working on it, they know it's serious, can't promise a date on the fix, etc, but yeah. It plummed up my play plans all right!!

So I can't even turn aging off while I wait for this problem to be fixed?

This is a nightmare!
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

This is a nightmare!

You could put your Sims on long lifespan - that might give you more time until they patch this (assumimg they will patch this)?
  • Options

This is a nightmare!

Correct.

You need to turn it on for aging up an object baby though, because they are just objects and are not subject to the "constantly aging whether you like it or not" bug.

I find the long lifespan option unacceptable, so I am not playing. I might build if it takes a long time to get that fix, or I might move on to another game. I do love XCOM: Enemy Within more than the Sims 4 anyways.
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options

This is a nightmare!

You could put your Sims on long lifespan - that might give you more time until they patch this (assumimg they will patch this)?

If they don't, I'll sadly abandon TS4.
  • Options

This is a nightmare!

Yeah. So there's this game called XCOM, you gotta try it!!!

OriginID Starwing6

• Options

This is a nightmare!

I don't like any video games apart from The Sims. :(

I might play TS3 only, then.

I was so exited after creating my new towns during three weeks I was finally going to play today.
  • Options

This is a nightmare!

I don't like any video games apart from The Sims. :(

I might play TS3 only, then.

I was so exited after creating my new towns during three weeks I was finally going to play today.

I understand that because I was the same way. I only recommend the game because it's the game that saved me from being at the mercy of EA,
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I've noticed that many of the randomly generated Sims had those eyes. I noticed it but didn't pay attention to it till you said something.

09-28-14_1-54nbspPM_zps910caa74.png

09-28-14_1-53nbspPM-2_zps6ab60089.png

09-28-14_8-46nbspAM-2_zpsf6e56d08.png

See? Three different randomly generated townie Sims and they all have the same faces and eyes. Those are the only images I could find right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top