Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I've noticed a LOT of my townies have very small eyes and massive jaws but as for my own Sims, I haven't noticed this. Then again, I haven't been looking for it either so maybe it is happening to me, too.

Yikes that is really worrying. :/ Does this only happen to male Sims? I wonder why that is.

Totally guessing here...but I think when they "fixed" the problem with all male children having itty bitty eyes that they "broke" the young male features.

Not sure, I haven't made any Sims recently since I made a small army when we had the demo. I did notice that my townies all have the same look though.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Willow wrote: »
    Wow, I may not have noticed this right away if you hadn't pointed it out. I went into CAS and randomized males and, just like you showed in your screencaps, mine all had those tiny eyes and massive jaws. Even if I chose a preset face the eyes would shrink and it did not look like the preset thumbnail pic. Doesn't seem to affect females though so I guess I will avoid aging up males for now.

Does anyone know if EA is aware of the issue or has acknowledged the problem?

I hope they do. It's a serious issue!
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    There is a post for this issue on the bug reports page now. Maybe that will help get their attention regarding the problem. Does anyone know when the next patch is scheduled for or do they just surprise us with it?
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Oh! I know what I forgot to add. I had a kid age up to teen last night. He has a different father from the two girls, but I swear his face is craggier than his dad's was and resembles his step-father's more. Maybe It was the jaw problem? Felt like his cheeks and forehead were different, too. Weird. (No, there was no hanky panky going on so step-dad cannot be the father.)
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I wasn't even aware of the bug that caused male children to all have tiny eyes. So the popular theory is that when they fixed that, they broke the genetics for young adult males? Think I'd rather have small-eyed children than boulder-jaw, small-eyed adults.
  • Options
    I wasn't even aware of the bug that caused male children to all have tiny eyes. So the popular theory is that when they fixed that, they broke the genetics for young adult males? Think I'd rather have small-eyed children than boulder-jaw, small-eyed adults.

Oh no, that's my theory.

I haven't seen anybody else say that, so don't quote me.

I'm guessing because I saw posts where people were saying that their male babies were aging up into children with tiny eyes that when they fixed that issue that this happened.

Totally my guess and based no nothing factual.
  • Options

Oh no, that's my theory.

I haven't seen anybody else say that, so don't quote me.

I'm guessing because I saw posts where people were saying that their male babies were aging up into children with tiny eyes that when they fixed that issue that this happened.

Totally my guess and based no nothing factual.

Ah okay, I gotcha.

I can't stop playing my legacy challenge because I'm writing a story on it and readers want new chapters but I swear if my heir ages into a young adult with squinty eyes and a jaw that could rival Matt Smith's, I'll be so angry, especially since I KNOW that he should age up with HUGE eyes and a soft jaw. He's had massive eyes and a soft jaw his whole life. That shouldn't randomly change for no reason upon becoming a young adult.

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    ebuchala wrote: »
    I mean sims are aging at midnight despite the settings turned off for all the sims. SimGuruGrant acknowleged it the other day and said they're working on it, they know it's serious, can't promise a date on the fix, etc, but yeah. It plummed up my play plans all right!!

Crud. Will have to avoid playing in my main, rotation save then so I don't age anyone up. That stinks.

I know!

While I am sometimes prone to over-react, I was very upset about this issue upon discovery (I am excessively protective of my sims and their data) and haven't shut up about it since it happened. But I cannot play in a rotation with aging, my rotation is too big and I have waited too long to be able to play a rotation again...

I am really sad about it though because I don't know if I can trust EA anymore. I mean, not to go all overly dramatic, but this Sims 4 thing was the Sims' last chance with me. Or I should say EA's last chance with me. They broke it in less than a month...

I feel sad and... battered? almost. I don't know the word for it. *sigh*

But I don't want to highjack this thread... unless it's about broken promises, broken hearts AND broken genetics.
    So basically you don't want the neighborhood to age?

I don't want the neighborhood to age when I play a rotational style OR am working on a story. Both of these conditions currently apply.

Someday I would like to play a Legacy, and then I would want aging. Also, some day I will want to play just one house in a town like the Sims 3 style, but that's not what I have waited all these years to do, so I wasn't planning on doing that for quite some time, to be honest. I was planning to use the birthday cake to control the aging of the sims in my story and in my rotational games so that I can enjoy their lives the way I planned on. Does that make sense?
    Yes see I don't notice because I just rotational play the same day I am playing my family I do it to have kids in the neighborhood. Other wise I don't have a problem with aging. If you are just basically playing one house for a legacy then it shouldn't bother you then town ages. correct?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    I just did a test of my main family and the genetics for males are totally screwed up for sure. I took a pic of the child I aged, then a pic of his father, and then how he looked as a teenager. The jaw doesn't match the mother or father and the eyes are ridiculously small compared to his parents.

Son (child)

15462210345_34cdcf40a0_o.png

His Father

15461861332_7e81dc860f_o.png

Son (aged to teenager)

15461861312_c0f6e6a1ce_o.png
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    I mean sims are aging at midnight despite the settings turned off for all the sims. SimGuruGrant acknowleged it the other day and said they're working on it, they know it's serious, can't promise a date on the fix, etc, but yeah. It plummed up my play plans all right!!

Crud. Will have to avoid playing in my main, rotation save then so I don't age anyone up. That stinks.

I know!

While I am sometimes prone to over-react, I was very upset about this issue upon discovery (I am excessively protective of my sims and their data) and haven't shut up about it since it happened. But I cannot play in a rotation with aging, my rotation is too big and I have waited too long to be able to play a rotation again...

I am really sad about it though because I don't know if I can trust EA anymore. I mean, not to go all overly dramatic, but this Sims 4 thing was the Sims' last chance with me. Or I should say EA's last chance with me. They broke it in less than a month...

I feel sad and... battered? almost. I don't know the word for it. *sigh*

But I don't want to highjack this thread... unless it's about broken promises, broken hearts AND broken genetics.
    So basically you don't want the neighborhood to age?

I don't want the neighborhood to age when I play a rotational style OR am working on a story. Both of these conditions currently apply.

Someday I would like to play a Legacy, and then I would want aging. Also, some day I will want to play just one house in a town like the Sims 3 style, but that's not what I have waited all these years to do, so I wasn't planning on doing that for quite some time, to be honest. I was planning to use the birthday cake to control the aging of the sims in my story and in my rotational games so that I can enjoy their lives the way I planned on. Does that make sense?
    Yes see I don't notice because I just rotational play the same day I am playing my family I do it to have kids in the neighborhood. Other wise I don't have a problem with aging. If you are just basically playing one house for a legacy then it shouldn't bother you then town ages. correct?

I would want the town to auto age when I play a Legacy. When I play rotationally and for stories I DO technically want aging, just not auto aging. I want full control, this is why I selected no aging for townies or my played sims--and I intend to use the birthday cake to age sims who are not to be culled.

As to the fix, SimGuruGrant said they take this serious and are working hard on it, and cannot promise a date. But I believe him when he stressed they are really taking it seriously. I am no EA apologist either, I felt he was being totally sincere.

My GUESS is within a week we'll get some fixes, but I can't even guess which fixes we'll get first.

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    Just checked my own game. I had three male Sims age up recently and yes, they all have these features. It happens really obviously in Create-a-Sim, too. Thank you for the warning. I'm not playing anymore till this is fixed. (cry)
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I'm going to stop playing this until it's fixed.

Thank goodness Alien Isolation is out today!!
  • Options
    Willow wrote: »
    I just did a test of my main family and the genetics for males are totally screwed up for sure. I took a pic of the child I aged, then a pic of his father, and then how he looked as a teenager. The jaw doesn't match the mother or father and the eyes are ridiculously small compared to his parents.

Son (child)

15462210345_34cdcf40a0_o.png

His Father

15461861332_7e81dc860f_o.png

Son (aged to teenager)

15461861312_c0f6e6a1ce_o.png

It seems to be affecting a lot of people.
  • Options
    I'm going to stop playing this until it's fixed.

I set aging for Long. But I made up a back up save too.
  • Options
    Simley wrote: »
    Just checked my own game. I had three male Sims age up recently and yes, they all have these features. It happens really obviously in Create-a-Sim, too. Thank you for the warning. I'm not playing anymore till this is fixed. (cry)

I'm sad because I wanted my teens to age and get married...

• Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    My favorite Sim is nearing elder stage and I don't want him to get the generic features. I like his big eyes. I hope this gets fixed quickly.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Called it to your attention in that other thread didn't I? lol..

It doesn't end there, I think all big or exaggerated features get normalized or shrunk.

I think the game is set to shrink eyes because the devs knew that players have a tendency to exaggerate eye size.

I call it "cant fail genetics."

• Options
    If @SimGuruGrant's aware of the problem and says he's taking it seriously and working on a fix, I have no doubt that our male Sims are in good hands. :) I'm no EA cheerleader either, but I have loads of respect for that guy.
  • Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

Fight-bait for today?

No, you didn't. CAS not working suddenly was very noticiable.

It happened occasionally before. Now it's every single time. As the 14 pictures I took show it.

• Options
    Going off what @vlaxitov just posted, I was going to ask if you guys who are having this issue if you did some fine editting of the eyes? Maybe the game isn't able to do the genetics thing unless it is on one of the preset eyes? I don't know, just guessing.

Now, this does not address the fact that the majority of male townies spawned by the game also share these features.
  • Options
    If @SimGuruGrant's aware of the problem and says he's taking it seriously and working on a fix, I have no doubt that our male Sims are in good hands. :) I'm no EA cheerleader either, but I have loads of respect for that guy.

No comments.
  • Options
    Forgive me for spamming these shots a second time in this thread.

Without childhood,

2qi93d2.jpg

After childhood,

123bhp0.jpg
  • Options
    Going off what @vlaxitov just posted, I was going to ask if you guys who are having this issue if you did some fine editting of the eyes? Maybe the game isn't able to do the genetics thing unless it is on one of the preset eyes? I don't know, just guessing.

Now, this does not address the fact that the majority of male townies spawned by the game also share these features.

This happens sometimes when I try:

image.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    pguida wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

Fight-bait for today?

No, you didn't. CAS not working suddenly was very noticiable.

It happened occasionally before. Now it's every single time. As the 14 pictures I took show it.

Nope friendly discussion, I thought we were talking about this yesterday or the day before in another thread.

Remember, the "all kids look the same" thread?

• Options
    pguida wrote: »

This happens sometimes when I try:

image.jpg

Well, what I learned from Sims 3 is that many times these bugs have many layers,

I do think that aging up a Sim who has parents with fine tuned features is causing an issue because the game can't figure out what to do with those non-preset features.

However, there is still the problem of randomly generated Sims in both CAS and by the game having these features.

Does it fix at all when you take them into CAS? Or are you just too upset that they don't look like the parents anymore when you do this?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top