May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Hello, sorry haven't been in here for a while. Just keep stalking for the certain stuff I been waiting for. I don't want to much of CYS, I just want Venue like the mills and stuff. Oh well, I will keep watching! ;)
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    some of the Worlds and "Stuff Packs" are showing they're on sale for $9.99. I know some of the Wolds include some of the Venues that have been appearing on the DD (past lists); if you purchase a Venue that is included with a World, do they ever discount (CYC) the World to reflect that?

Just wondering...
    It's a very poor sale, at least on the UK site, very few TS3 titles are included :(

To answer you question, no, venues and worlds are never discounted by CYS - you have to wait for a good sale to get any type of discount. Though some of the sales on Origin or CyberMonday on the Store have given very good discounts on a few venues ad worlds.

• Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    97 ) Quilted Leather Jacket / 24 / 75 / 68% / 2 hrs

Next
    98 ) Leather and Buckle Attack Teen / / 25 / % / 2 hrs
    99 ) Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels

Nice price on the jacket, and now off to bed :)
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    @spreadsheet team - clocking out. I have a meeting and lots of lessons to teach tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to do much more than swing by to keep up with the chatter. The first procedure on my tooth is Thursday morning really early, so I'll just have to see how I feel after that.

@J8K9 - Thank you so much for the Vase of Grace. I love the name of that object. :)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    edited September 2014
    Good luck with your first procedure @trithone. Will think of you on Thursday morning. :)

ETA: A kitchen set is coming up! I love kitchens and this one should make Blast from the Past close to free and my CYS is already pretty good thanks to picking up single items on MMAO and thanks to the very generous @APotts. Yay. This is a fantastic DD day. I picked up a lot of stuff today. :)
  • Options
    Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thank you so much @APotts for the gift. Very thoughtful of you. I am keeping my fingers crossed for LP. Thanks again.
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    some of the Worlds and "Stuff Packs" are showing they're on sale for $9.99. I know some of the Wolds include some of the Venues that have been appearing on the DD (past lists); if you purchase a Venue that is included with a World, do they ever discount (CYC) the World to reflect that?

Just wondering...
    It's a very poor sale, at least on the UK site, very few TS3 titles are included :(

To answer you question, no, venues and worlds are never discounted by CYS - you have to wait for a good sale to get any type of discount. Though some of the sales on Origin or CyberMonday on the Store have given very good discounts on a few venues ad worlds.

It's not a great sale here in the states, either - only 7 things offered. I was all excited when I got Origin's e-mail saying there was a sale with things up to 70% off. Kinda disappointing in reality. However, Hidden Springs is 50% off and that is the one "can buy with real money" world that I don't have yet.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    mulder8486mulder8486 Posts: 613 Member
    The worlds bundle (Hidden Springs & Monte Vista) is on sale for $9.99 I'm kind of wishing I had waited to pick it up now instead of a week or so ago.
    a.k.a. Becki ~ My Sims 3 Page
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    mulder8486 wrote: »
    The worlds bundle (Hidden Springs & Monte Vista) is on sale for $9.99 I'm kind of wishing I had waited to pick it up now instead of a week or so ago.
    GREAT!!!!!!! I wished I would've waited. I wished I could find Katy Parry sweet treat but there is nowhere to be found. I been looking high and low! :'( It's would be wonderful decoration for children's room!
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    I didn't get an email at all, so thanks for talking about the Origin sale. I just got the world bundle a week ago. :( But they have World Adventures on sale as well. :) I wish it was Generations or Ambitions, but for 50 % off, I will take World Adventures.
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited September 2014
    mulder8486 wrote: »
    :(

Ain't that always the way though. The minute you buy something you've been wanting for an age, someone somewhere will be selling it for less!

But, they are two beautiful worlds with lots of content you can use anywhere, so I'm sure you'll get plenty of play value from them.

Oh, Edit to Add:
    Best wishes @trithone, hope all goes well with your appointment on Thursday, will be thinking of you.
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    Debating whether to pick up the jet set now or not. Only got one item, but its so low right now hmm, just nervous if a big set comes up soon I wont be able to grab it.
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    I guess I am not alone in getting the World Bundle a week early. @mulder8486 and @Pugslover4. There is also Barnacle Bay and a stuff pack, maybe either one of you wants those?
  • Options
    The jet set elder set, @Ximph? I did end up getting it, as it is really quite cheap and elders very much need more clothing choices.
  • Options
    mulder8486mulder8486 Posts: 613 Member
    I'm toying around with the idea of World Adventures but nothing else as I either have it or don't have an interest in it. I know amazon has Barnacle Bay for $6 something and has had it at that price for a while.
    a.k.a. Becki ~ My Sims 3 Page
  • Options
    My amazon doesn't have Barnacle Bay available at all right now, so the sale looks nice. Does anyone know how long the sale will run, because I only had a 20 € paying card around and the shops are closed, but I could get another one tomorrow.
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    awellenbl wrote: »
    The jet set elder set, @Ximph? I did end up getting it, as it is really quite cheap and elders very much need more clothing choices.

Yes that be the set. It is not high on my wishlist but its definitely part of my completionitis XD
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Them selling an expansion back, three worlds, a stuff pack and the base game itself all for half off on origin makes me worry just a bit.
    I might just be over thinking though, yeah, let's go with that. :p
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    My amazon doesn't have Barnacle Bay available at all right now, so the sale looks nice. Does anyone know how long the sale will run, because I only had a 20 € paying card around and the shops are closed, but I could get another one tomorrow.

I just checked my email and the email I got said the Origin sale ends on October 7th.
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    Thank you, Jenna. Then I will probably get Barnacle Bay and the Master Suite Pack as well. :) I already bought and installed World Adventures. It seems to have installed fine and the icon is showing in my launcher, but it won't light up on the My Page part of the store site. However when I try to register it, it says the code isn't valid and Origin purchases should automatically be registered. Maybe I need to wait for it to light up.

I just looked through all your wishlists and nobody has anything from Adventurous Life! on it. Do you all already have that set, or does nobody want it?
  • Options
    Thank you, Jenna. Then I will probably get Barnacle Bay and the Master Suite Pack as well. :) I already bought and installed World Adventures. It seems to have installed fine and the icon is showing in my launcher, but it won't light up on the My Page part of the store site. However when I try to register it, it says the code isn't valid and Origin purchases should automatically be registered. Maybe I need to wait for it to light up.

I just looked through all your wishlists and nobody has anything from Adventurous Life! on it. Do you all already have that set, or does nobody want it?

You're welcome! :D
    I wish I could get something from this sale, but I'm broke at the moment. *sigh* Lol!
    I'm hoping to take advantage of the Christmas sales they normally have. haha.

As for the adventurous life set, I own only one set from it but not the rock wall or the other set (I can't think of it at the moment). Guess I never realized the rock wall and the other set isn't on my wishlist. Should probably put those on there huh?
    I hate how it isn't cys available.
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,004 Member
    @spreadsheet team - I am clocking in. @trithone - Samantha, I hope everything works well for you on Thursday at the dentist.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Adventurous Life! and its sub-sets aren't currently available for CYS, so it's rare for Simmers to include those items on their Wishlists. The World Inspirations comp IS CYS-enabled though, so they can still get some CYS benefit from the items. Generally though, Simmers are best to buy the set whole at an amazing discount, or try to get the World Inspiration comp through other sets (which hasn't been that hard this year, with many Simmers picking the WI comp up for free with only two or so sets during one of the earlier DD lists).
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    CeruleanEchoCeruleanEcho Posts: 79 Member
    Since someone mentioned Origin sales... I have disks for Sims 3 Deluxe (base game + ambitions) and for World Adventures. I recently had that "fantastic" error when the game suddenly stops recognizing that the game disk is in the drive, even though it is. :s (Drive worked with other games, disk was recognized in other computers so it had to be a software issue.) After various internet searches I ended up uninstalling and downloading those from Origin and then re-installing. Bingo, problem solved. My question is though, will I have any issues if I want to get digital versions of any of the other expansions?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I am asking because a code for Adventurous Life! came with World Adventures and I already own it, because I bought it when it showed up on the last list. I really like it, too. The hair is really nice and the rock climbing wall is great. I already used the furniture as well. I just looked through the Origin help and apparently I am allowed to give the code to someone else.

I looked through my friends list, but nobody had anything from it on their wishlist. So @Ximph, @mulder8486, @ajaxpost, @trithone, @MANDEEx88 or @Sweet2, if you are still awake, does anyone of you not have anything from Adventurous Life! and wants it? If nobody still needs the whole set, maybe Jenna can use the code to finish of the set, but it would be nice if someone doesn't own anything from it yet.

ETA: That makes sense @kellycot1. It's why I picked up the whole set on the DD as well, shout out if you still need it as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top