Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,010 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Doh! Ninja'd ... another DD term?! :o

:D Maybe we should add ninja'd to the list?
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Would anyone know if name drop notifications go through if the name is edited in? In case it doesn't

@graphshopper1 (didn't realize I was missing the 1 before :( notifications don't work unless it's the entire name)
    check here if you haven't already :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/785490/i-own-the-store-lotto-continued-updated-please-read-first-post
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the links you two. I actually do know ninja'd from other forums. I used to get ninja'd all the time. ;) The other expressions are completely new to me, though. And there was a link to a building tips thread on the old forum. That's awesome, I have to go through this when I have more time. I love building and there is always stuff I don't know. :)

ETA: You are welcome to the gift @MANDEEx88 and please don't feel awkward. I would have really liked to help you get the Faire Folk Attire set. @trithone helped me with another clothing set a few days ago, and I really love the set, that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Also those ads are just mean to hide from you when you need them the most. Maybe the set will repeat and show up again in a few days. :)
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    OMG. That leather jacket that is coming up is so cute. How have I never seen that before? IT WILL BE MINE. >:)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    It's new to me as well and it includes a texture. I love new textures. Need to remember to come back for this and the romper before, as I do want to finish the Luxury Resort Attire set, so any discounted item is great. So I'll be back in a little less than 4 hours at the latest. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    95 ) Higher Tech High Wall Shelf / 15 / 25 / 40% / 2 hrs

Next
    96 ) Lacey Retreat Romper / / 75 / % / hrs
    97 )Quilted Leather Jacket / / 75 / % / hrs

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Current Deal:
    95 ) Higher Tech High Wall Shelf / 15 / 25 / 40% / 2 hours

Upcoming Deals:

96 ) Lacey Retreat Romper / ? / 75 / % / 2 hours
    97 ) Quilted Leather Jacket / ? / 75 / %/ ? hours (Individual item, not part of any set)

Edit - Ninja'd - It took me time to create the post. OE distractions.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    graphshopper1graphshopper1 Posts: 58 Member
    Sweet2 wrote: »
    Would anyone know if name drop notifications go through if the name is edited in? In case it doesn't

@graphshopper1 (didn't realize I was missing the 1 before :( notifications don't work unless it's the entire name)
    check here if you haven't already :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/785490/i-own-the-store-lotto-continued-updated-please-read-first-post

OMG, I don't know what to say... This community is so generous, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! ;)
  • Options
    JaceighJaceigh Posts: 808 Member
    trithone wrote: »
    OMG. That leather jacket that is coming up is so cute. How have I never seen that before? IT WILL BE MINE. >:)

Me too!
    Happy Simming & Green Downloads! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited September 2014
    Not sure if anyone else noticed this but it looks like all our post times are in our local time now not GMT B)

Edited for spelling :p
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    despina53 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone else noticed this but it looks like all our post times are in our local time now not GMT B)

I've been noticing and I like it quite a bit. It helps when I am trying to figure out who on the spreadsheet team is clocked in/out (except that I totally stepped in on Catherine's time once last week...oops...).
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    despina53 wrote: »

I've been noticing and I like it quite a bit. It helps when I am trying to figure out who on the spreadsheet team is clocked in/out (except that I totally stepped in on Catherine's time once last week...oops...).

When I first noticed I thought I had done something wrong XD I was so used to having to add two hours to the posting time

• Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited September 2014
    MANDEEx88 wrote: »
    Wow the baby talk is still going on? That was a long while. I have a 6 year old boy and I kept telling myself I didn't want any more kids because of the fact I had my son so young and I didn't want to be a raising babies for so long that I never had years to do my thing. I had my son at 19 so I felt at the time that I missed the "going out" years. Now I want to try for a little girl but I really just want a baby in general. My hubby isn't ready yet. He said in about 2-4 years. I just liked the fact that my brother, my sister, and I were all pretty close in age with only three years apart from each other and I wanted that for my son. He is already 6 and in 2 years he will be 8-9 years old and if we have a baby then, they wont have much in common to play around with each other. Maybe in about 2 years we can have another baby and then a year later a third. Man, never thought I'd be thinking of having three.

I don't mean to bring up baby talk again, it I'm going to :p
    With the thing about them not having much in common, as they get older they might have more in common.
    The example I'm about to use is older than 8-9 but it still kind of goes along with it. I've known some people in high school who found out they were going to have a sibling and when the baby was born they full on adored the sibling, played with them, changed them, babysat, fed them and what not.
    Like I said, I know the age groups are different but he could end up adoring his new sibling even a few years from now. You just never know ;)
    In know when I took sociology they said something about if siblings are 4 or more years apart they're considered a "separate part of the family" or something like that because they have nothing in common or dont get along as well, to which I call bull because my brother is 4 1/2 years older than me and he's my best friend. Ha.
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    @Apotts Congrats on owning the whole store! Thanks so much for the gift!

yes...I suffer greatly from completicitis.

<eyes bulge> YAY I don't have that leather jacket coming up! <dances> Something I dun have is coming on DD! XD

Thank you all DD stalkers for keeping up with posting. Got everything updated to now. ^_^

This cold is hanging on tight to me. It decided to make me cough last night and so this morning my throat feels like I swallowed a bunch of gravel. XD
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    96 ) Lacey Retreat Romper / 27 / 75 / 64% / 2 hrs

Next
    97 ) Quilted Leather Jacket / / 75 / % / 2 hrs
    98 ) Leather and Buckle Attack Teen / / 25 / % / hrs

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Current Deal:
    96 ) Lacey Retreat Romper / 27 / 75 / 64% / 2 hours

Upcoming Deals:

97 ) Quilted Leather Jacket / ? / 75 / %/ 2 hours (Individual item, not part of any set)
    98 ) Leather and Buckle Attack Teen / ? / 25 / %/ ? hours

Edit - ninja'd again

• Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    Oh those boots too!! I need those too! XD
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    Ximph wrote: »
    Oh those boots too!! I need those too! XD

I know! Since I didn't have the Lacey Retreat Romper that is three things in a row I didn't have. Exciting day!!! :D

• Options
    kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    So, you may just find that the items you don't want today, you may end up owing before the store closes. :)
    That! :D
    There were a lot of items I first didn't want, but after a time, I had building ideas, or thought this cloth would look good for my sims or it was a good offer or the green download button ... well I am not owning the store yet, but I'm getting closer to it. :blush:

@SimbiOse
    Maybe I should head for Belgium
    Simbi0se wrote: »
    Don't come to Belgium then, we don't even have KFC or Burger King! We do have tacos, I guess, if you're willing to go to a real Mexican restaurant, but no Taco Bell or that kind of thing.
    Now, you see, to me ... that's a most excellent reason for going to Belgium! :D

And the fact that they have some of the most wondrous beer in the world! ... as indeed does Germany too ... strange that on one trip I happened to be near to Darmstadt ... home, apparently, of the "Größte Biermarkt der Welt"! (not entirely an accident!) B)

Apologies for any inaccuracy in the German ... they don't seem to call it that any more and I couldn't find my photo the place :(
    And Belgium has great chocolate. ;)
    The German is absolute correct, even the letters "ö" and "ß". ;)

@JennalsGhost
    if you're 18, you are allowed to drink here. *g*

@Radlee
    Congratulation. ;)
    Enjoy the Sims as long as you have time. I think, when the baby is there, Sims-time will be very limited. But the baby will be much more joy. ;)

@kellycot1
    congratulation, having your first article. ;)

@Ximph and @graphsopper1
    Congratulation for winning. :D
    Where's my coffee?...
    That was the question I asked myself this morning at work. First coffee machine broken, second machine broken, water dispenser not working, coke sold out... I can anyone work like this? :disappointed: Had to go up to the 3rd floor snagging coffee from there.

@ MANDEEx88
    Sorry that you couldn't get Faire Folk Attire. And getting ads after this, is like teasing. But at least you get some ads.
    I probably will be in bed by then. Maybe I make it to stay up a little longer for it.

I think I read now most of the last pages.
  • Options
    Where's my coffee?...
    That was the question I asked myself this morning at work. First coffee machine broken, second machine broken, water dispenser not working, coke sold out... I can anyone work like this? :disappointed: Had to go up to the 3rd floor snagging coffee from there.

I think I would have run screaming from the building. Luckily I work at home, so I always have access to coffee. I have at least 3 different methods of brewing it and, if the need ever arose, I am certain I could jerry-rig something. Cheesecloth and paper cups if necessary.

• Options
    Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    Stevie793 wrote: »
    I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, because I'm happy with all the ads I'm getting but, for this to be the last DD list it's a little blah. I see myself already owning or passing more than buying. Am I the only one that feels like this?

I haven't purchased anything from this list yet. Either the things aren't that interesting or the percentage off isn't that great. I'm holding out hope Lucky Palms shows up at some point -as I never get offered it in MMAO.

• Options
    kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    @trithone
    I almost was screaming. *grin*

As we have talked about cats and parrots, might I introduce you to Fussel (eng. fluff or fuzz). There is another one, Flecki (eng. little spot, no pic yet). Both of them are greeting me often on my way to work. Especially Flecki is walking beside me for a little of my way. They get a little food, but not much, and sometimes they don't even want it, but still greet me and walkinkg beside me. They are not tamed and still stay about an arm's length away from me. However, today Flecki's wing touched me the 2nd time when she came flying to greet me. :D
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    So, you may just find that the items you don't want today, you may end up owing before the store closes. :)
    That! :D
    There were a lot of items I first didn't want, but after a time, I had building ideas, or thought this cloth would look good for my sims or it was a good offer or the green download button ... well I am not owning the store yet, but I'm getting closer to it. :blush:

@SimbiOse
    Maybe I should head for Belgium
    Simbi0se wrote: »
    Don't come to Belgium then, we don't even have KFC or Burger King! We do have tacos, I guess, if you're willing to go to a real Mexican restaurant, but no Taco Bell or that kind of thing.
    Now, you see, to me ... that's a most excellent reason for going to Belgium! :D

And the fact that they have some of the most wondrous beer in the world! ... as indeed does Germany too ... strange that on one trip I happened to be near to Darmstadt ... home, apparently, of the "Größte Biermarkt der Welt"! (not entirely an accident!) B)

Apologies for any inaccuracy in the German ... they don't seem to call it that any more and I couldn't find my photo the place :(
    And Belgium has great chocolate. ;)
    The German is absolute correct, even the letters "ö" and "ß". ;)

@JennalsGhost
    if you're 18, you are allowed to drink here. *g*

Oh I know, that's why I said I'm not of age here but there I would be. :p
    I probably wouldn't even drink much if I were there, I'm not much into alcohol. Even when I turn 21 in November I probably still won't drink much. Maybe a drink here or there on occasion, maybe not. Who knows. :p
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    Dru-AndersonDru-Anderson Posts: 106 Member
    some of the Worlds and "Stuff Packs" are showing they're on sale for $9.99. I know some of the Wolds include some of the Venues that have been appearing on the DD (past lists); if you purchase a Venue that is included with a World, do they ever discount (CYC) the World to reflect that?

Just wondering...
    I know I cannot be tagged/linked to in the forums. It is because I'm dashing, as in the "dash" in my profile name. If you're looking for my Sims3 page, it can be found here: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Dru-Anderson
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    I saw this on my twitter feed and for some reason thought of my DD friends ... o:)

3970_d048_960.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top