Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    it's not a compatibility issue per say... it's more like Origin being dumb and not recognizing things when it should.

Edit: And okay, so I wasn't going to get the boots but who can pass up on a 7 sim point offer? Sold! :p
    I know, right? The cost of a little over one ad! How can you lose?
  • Options
    Dru-AndersonDru-Anderson Posts: 106 Member

Did you have to uninstall it then install it through Origin? I'm curious again haha!

I was getting strange looking sims which caused babies to have 20 mile long limbs & such (I musta got some strange code when I downloaded something from the exchange), so I had already uninstalled everything and reloaded the game in an attempt to remove the alien limbs. The only thing I was missing from my restalls was the 70s, so I was able to install it in mere minutes thanks to you. :)
    I know I cannot be tagged/linked to in the forums. It is because I'm dashing, as in the "dash" in my profile name. If you're looking for my Sims3 page, it can be found here: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Dru-Anderson
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    edited October 2014
    I tried to message someone like that before and I always got a message, that I don't have permission. However I was able to answer her message, which she apparently was allowed to sent. :)

Also I either spelled the username wrong or it isn't possible to @Dru-Anderson. And I really do want some 70s music now. Anybody has a nice 8tracks playlist? :)

It isn't possible, because I copy pasted the name now and that still doesn't show up right.
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member

Did you have to uninstall it then install it through Origin? I'm curious again haha!

I was getting strange looking sims which caused babies to have 20 mile long limbs & such (I musta got some strange code when I downloaded something from the exchange), so I had already uninstalled everything and reloaded the game in an attempt to remove the alien limbs. The only thing I was missing from my restalls was the 70s, so I was able to install it in mere minutes thanks to you. :)

I'm sure 20 mile long limbs were super scary haha!
    I'm glad that you got it back and that I was able to help you out! :)
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    @awellenbl Thank you again! :)
    I also have the green download button for World Inspiration as well.
    Thank you!! :D
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    Yay, Jenna that's fantastic. Than the code was really put to good use. There are some beautiful things in that compilation and quite a few of those sets are part of other compilations.
  • Options
    awellenbl wrote: »
    Also I either spelled the username wrong or it isn't possible to @Dru-Anderson. And I really do want some 70s music now. Anybody has a nice 8tracks playlist? :)
    It isn't possible, because I copy pasted the name now and that still doesn't show up right.

on Pandora there's a 70's "station" ... look for "60s, 70s, 80s hits" or "70s Rock"

as for tagging me, maybe it's because I'm so dashing? ... as in the "-" in my user name?
    I know I cannot be tagged/linked to in the forums. It is because I'm dashing, as in the "dash" in my profile name. If you're looking for my Sims3 page, it can be found here: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Dru-Anderson
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Ok, so, I got a code for the chocolate fountain when I got my friend the world bundle. She already has the fountain - does anyone here want the code? Just send me a private message if you're interested, and the first to message me will get it! (I just hope I don't get spammed - but if I do, I'll live. :) )
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    :lol: Nice wordplay and yeah that's definitely it.

ETA: That's :) the lol smiley? It doesn't look like a lol one.
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    edited October 2014
    Seems like hard drives are always the thing people mess us.
    I'm not sure if you saw before all the computer problems I had recently but we took our old computer to someone since it stopped working, he had lack of communication as it was but when we finally got the old computer back after him tell us there was nothing he could do but he was "still looking into it" (yeah, okay *eyes roll*) and us buying a new informed us that while he had someone clean the place they threw out our hard drive along with the back ups he made. He ended up replacing it but losing almost everything on it sucked.
    I hate when computer repair places can't even do their job. Ha.

I was way behind so I had skimmed through the pages, so I may have missed stuff. Wow that really sucks, I do way too many things on the computer and have too much stuff... My local drive is 1TB and I have two external drives at 1TB each... if I had lost all that stuff, especially due to someone's stupidity, I think I'd lose it lol. If someone hasn't mentioned it before, you should think of getting an external hard drive to use as a back up to store your stuff. That way if something like that were to happen again you'd still have a copy of your stuff on the external.
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    I had got the Pets EP and on my old computer the animals looked like something you'd see out of a horror flick. I laughed. It was funny. But not lol.
    One time this happened to this girl's dog in my game...

So then I just did this! :grinning:

LOL! Woooow. After I had got Pets I had went straight to CAS and they were all deformed. After I got the new computer they were normal. Since then I haven't ran into any glitches while playing... so far. Just glad that the deformities were fixed in general.
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    @trithone

As we have talked about cats and parrots, might I introduce you to Fussel (eng. fluff or fuzz). There is another one, Flecki (eng. little spot, no pic yet). Both of them are greeting me often on my way to work. Especially Flecki is walking beside me for a little of my way. They get a little food, but not much, and sometimes they don't even want it, but still greet me and walkinkg beside me. They are not tamed and still stay about an arm's length away from me. However, today Flecki's wing touched me the 2nd time when she came flying to greet me. :D

Wow! What kind of bird is that? Very pretty! I have always been fascinated by birds as long as I can remember. I got to visit Germany, Austria and Switzerland in 1992. We did a lot of music stuff (museums, operas, etc.) but one of the things that I remember the most was watching a guy in a park in Lucerne feeding some tiny little birds (sparrows, maybe). They had no fear of him at all and there were probably 30 of them perched all over him.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    MANDEEx88MANDEEx88 Posts: 163 Member
    I am asking because a code for Adventurous Life! came with World Adventures and I already own it, because I bought it when it showed up on the last list. I really like it, too. The hair is really nice and the rock climbing wall is great. I already used the furniture as well. I just looked through the Origin help and apparently I am allowed to give the code to someone else.

I looked through my friends list, but nobody had anything from it on their wishlist. So @Ximph, @mulder8486, @ajaxpost, @trithone, @MANDEEx88 or @Sweet2, if you are still awake, does anyone of you not have anything from Adventurous Life! and wants it? If nobody still needs the whole set, maybe Jenna can use the code to finish of the set, but it would be nice if someone doesn't own anything from it yet.

ETA: That makes sense @kellycot1. It's why I picked up the whole set on the DD as well, shout out if you still need it as well.

I got that with my World Adventures Ep so I am good. Thanks!!

• Options
    Seems like hard drives are always the thing people mess us.
    I'm not sure if you saw before all the computer problems I had recently but we took our old computer to someone since it stopped working, he had lack of communication as it was but when we finally got the old computer back after him tell us there was nothing he could do but he was "still looking into it" (yeah, okay *eyes roll*) and us buying a new informed us that while he had someone clean the place they threw out our hard drive along with the back ups he made. He ended up replacing it but losing almost everything on it sucked.
    I hate when computer repair places can't even do their job. Ha.

I was way behind so I had skimmed through the pages, so I may have missed stuff. Wow that really sucks, I do way too many things on the computer and have too much stuff... My local drive is 1TB and I have two external drives at 1TB each... if I had lost all that stuff, especially due to someone's stupidity, I think I'd lose it lol. If someone hasn't mentioned it before, you should think of getting an external hard drive to use as a back up to store your stuff. That way if something like that were to happen again you'd still have a copy of your stuff on the external.

Oh trust me, I lost it, but I also made my brother handle it since I would have chewed the guys head off and wouldn't be as nice as he was to the guy.
    When we got the drive back he made it an external so now he was a 1TB external hard drive, which I was thankful when my sims game stopped working and I had to back up my sims game before wiping my computer clean.
    Also, Why is the word stupidityy (added extra y on purpose) a plum word. what?
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options

on Pandora there's a 70's "station" ... look for "60s, 70s, 80s hits" or "70s Rock"

as for tagging me, maybe it's because I'm so dashing? ... as in the "-" in my user name?

I might try Pandora on the tablet then. My computer is currently busy playing ads. :D

• Options
    MANDEEx88MANDEEx88 Posts: 163 Member
    edited October 2014
    The sims store says Goodie boxes are back for a limited time. What are Goodie boxes?

They must have just updated that.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I also got the December 2011 Compilation for free! :D
    Seriously, thank you @awellenbl! :D

Edit: and Finest Living, Finest Cooking! Holy Cow haha!
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    :lol: Nice wordplay and yeah that's definitely it.

so it seems we can't change our user names, so unless I contact customer service, I'm gonna have to remain dashing for a bit longer. :o
  • Options
    That's wonderful, @JennaIsGhost. :D

I would have just messaged you about the code, if that was possible, but I don't seem to be allowed to message anybody. Glad that I was able to answer. Is there anything I have done wrong to not be able to message people? I had started to sent people gifts, when I wanted to message them, but that gets expensive, if I do it a lot.
  • Options
    That's wonderful, @JennaIsGhost. :D

I would have just messaged you about the code, if that was possible, but I don't seem to be allowed to message anybody. Glad that I was able to answer. Is there anything I have done wrong to not be able to message people? I had started to sent people gifts, when I wanted to message them, but that gets expensive, if I do it a lot.

Did you go there profile and click message or just type their name in? Because I went to your profile on here and clicked message and it seemed to work.
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    It did and I think @mulder8486 also messaged me like that before, but if I go to your profile and click on message I get a site, that has an unhappy smiley and this text:
    Permission Problem

You don't have permission to do that.
  • Options
    It did and I think @mulder8486 also messaged me like that before, but if I go to your profile and click on message I get a site, that has an unhappy smiley and this text:
    Permission Problem

You don't have permission to do that.

Hmmm..That's reeeally odd.
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    I do get that with everybody, not just you. If it was just a few people, I would have thought they might have blocked me, but it would be strange, if people I have never talked to just all preemptively blocked me.
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    OMG, Goodie Boxes!!! They're so wonderful/evil!!!!! When they were around last I would agonize sooo much over whether to spend more on them. I'm not usually much of a gambler but I could not resist the chance of getting one with something spectacular like a gold world in it. I did get a ton of stuff from them, which with CYS and then the 30% off everything led to my owning most of the Store. I also got some really disappointing ones. I love/hate them so much!
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Elf67 wrote: »
    Pugslover4 wrote: »
    mulder8486 wrote: »
    The worlds bundle (Hidden Springs & Monte Vista) is on sale for $9.99 I'm kind of wishing I had waited to pick it up now instead of a week or so ago.
    GREAT!!!!!!! I wished I would've waited. I wished I could find Katy Parry sweet treat but there is nowhere to be found. I been looking high and low! :'( It's would be wonderful decoration for children's room!
    Try Amazon or Ebay. Most likely it'll be overpriced, so it might depend upon how much you want it! I can tell you that even though you cannot purchase it through Origin, you CAN download a digital copy once you have the disk and register it.

I mean, if you're willing to pay 50 bucks for it here it is.

Thanks, I can wait til the 15th to buy it if they don't be gone by that date. My biggest check from work! <3

9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    I do get that with everybody, not just you. If it was just a few people, I would have thought they might have blocked me, but it would be strange, if people I have never talked to just all preemptively blocked me.

Maybe it's where you're at that has something to do with it? I don't know why that would effect it but who knows.
    Elf67 wrote: »
    mulder8486 wrote: »
    The worlds bundle (Hidden Springs & Monte Vista) is on sale for $9.99 I'm kind of wishing I had waited to pick it up now instead of a week or so ago.
    GREAT!!!!!!! I wished I would've waited. I wished I could find Katy Parry sweet treat but there is nowhere to be found. I been looking high and low! :'( It's would be wonderful decoration for children's room!
    Try Amazon or Ebay. Most likely it'll be overpriced, so it might depend upon how much you want it! I can tell you that even though you cannot purchase it through Origin, you CAN download a digital copy once you have the disk and register it.

I mean, if you're willing to pay 50 bucks for it here it is.

Thanks, I can wait til the 15th to buy it if they don't be gone by that date. My biggest check from work! <3

You're welcome! :) I hope you get it and they're not all gone!
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top