Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    98 ) Leather and Buckle Attack Teen / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hrs

Next up -

99 ) Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels / 2 hrs
    100 ) Serenity Retreat
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    awellenbl wrote: »
    I am asking because a code for Adventurous Life! came with World Adventures and I already own it, because I bought it when it showed up on the last list. I really like it, too. The hair is really nice and the rock climbing wall is great. I already used the furniture as well. I just looked through the Origin help and apparently I am allowed to give the code to someone else.

I looked through my friends list, but nobody had anything from it on their wishlist. So @Ximph, @mulder8486, @ajaxpost, @trithone, @MANDEEx88 or @Sweet2, if you are still awake, does anyone of you not have anything from Adventurous Life! and wants it? If nobody still needs the whole set, maybe Jenna can use the code to finish of the set, but it would be nice if someone doesn't own anything from it yet.

ETA: That makes sense @kellycot1. It's why I picked up the whole set on the DD as well, shout out if you still need it as well.

I am totally good on the set. Picked it up a long while back. Thanks though!
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I don't know who first mentioned the Origin sale, but thank you. I was finally able to get the full Sims Medieval. Thanks!
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Since someone mentioned Origin sales... I have disks for Sims 3 Deluxe (base game + ambitions) and for World Adventures. I recently had that "fantastic" error when the game suddenly stops recognizing that the game disk is in the drive, even though it is. :s (Drive worked with other games, disk was recognized in other computers so it had to be a software issue.) After various internet searches I ended up uninstalling and downloading those from Origin and then re-installing. Bingo, problem solved. My question is though, will I have any issues if I want to get digital versions of any of the other expansions?

My disk drive had problems recognizing Island Paradise as well! Good thing we're entitled to the digital download if we buy the disk because I had to uninstall and reinstall mine digitally as well.
    I don't think you should have any problems with the any other digital versions, BUT I'm not exactly sure. I haven't gotten an expansion pack recently nor have I gotten one digitally yet either.
    If you find out, please let me know, since I was thinking of getting the rest of the expansion packs digitally.
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    Dru-AndersonDru-Anderson Posts: 106 Member
    My question is though, will I have any issues if I want to get digital versions of any of the other expansions?

I have both CD and digital versions and it runs with no problems. However, I find that I still need to keep a CD in the drive in order for the game to load. You may need to do the same.
    I know I cannot be tagged/linked to in the forums. It is because I'm dashing, as in the "dash" in my profile name. If you're looking for my Sims3 page, it can be found here: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Dru-Anderson
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Pugslover4 wrote: »
    mulder8486 wrote: »
    The worlds bundle (Hidden Springs & Monte Vista) is on sale for $9.99 I'm kind of wishing I had waited to pick it up now instead of a week or so ago.
    GREAT!!!!!!! I wished I would've waited. I wished I could find Katy Parry sweet treat but there is nowhere to be found. I been looking high and low! :'( It's would be wonderful decoration for children's room!
    Try Amazon or Ebay. Most likely it'll be overpriced, so it might depend upon how much you want it! I can tell you that even though you cannot purchase it through Origin, you CAN download a digital copy once you have the disk and register it.
  • Options
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    some of the Worlds and "Stuff Packs" are showing they're on sale for $9.99. I know some of the Wolds include some of the Venues that have been appearing on the DD (past lists); if you purchase a Venue that is included with a World, do they ever discount (CYC) the World to reflect that?

Just wondering...
    It's a very poor sale, at least on the UK site, very few TS3 titles are included :(

To answer you question, no, venues and worlds are never discounted by CYS - you have to wait for a good sale to get any type of discount. Though some of the sales on Origin or CyberMonday on the Store have given very good discounts on a few venues ad worlds.
    Thank you. :)

That's good information to know as I see Serenity Retreat is coming up on the DD list (last DD list they had it at 62% off/ 494), but since I have my eye on Sunlit Tides Gold I debating about letting it go and saving my simmoleans for something else on my list.
    I know I cannot be tagged/linked to in the forums. It is because I'm dashing, as in the "dash" in my profile name. If you're looking for my Sims3 page, it can be found here: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Dru-Anderson
  • Options
    I don't know who first mentioned the Origin sale, but thank you. I was finally able to get the full Sims Medieval. Thanks!

Awww, shucks, that was me.
    So glad you were able to take advantage :)
  • Options
    Elf67 wrote: »
    Pugslover4 wrote: »
    mulder8486 wrote: »
    The worlds bundle (Hidden Springs & Monte Vista) is on sale for $9.99 I'm kind of wishing I had waited to pick it up now instead of a week or so ago.
    GREAT!!!!!!! I wished I would've waited. I wished I could find Katy Parry sweet treat but there is nowhere to be found. I been looking high and low! :'( It's would be wonderful decoration for children's room!
    Try Amazon or Ebay. Most likely it'll be overpriced, so it might depend upon how much you want it! I can tell you that even though you cannot purchase it through Origin, you CAN download a digital copy once you have the disk and register it.

I mean, if you're willing to pay 50 bucks for it here it is.
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    " Good thing we're entitled to the digital download if we buy the disk because I had to uninstall and reinstall mine digitally as well. "

Oh what a nugget of yummy news! I had no idea! I lost my 70's CD (I think I may have mailed it to netflix!) and have been bummed about it for months! I still have the CD packaging w/the codes though.... I'm going to have to look into this! Thank you!! <3
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    " Good thing we're entitled to the digital download if we buy the disk because I had to uninstall and reinstall mine digitally as well. "

Oh what a nugget of yummy news! I had no idea! I lost my 70's CD (I think I may have mailed it to netflix!) and have been bummed about it for months! I still have the CD packaging w/the codes though.... I'm going to have to look into this! Thank you!! <3

Oh my! well I'm glad you might still be able to get the digital then. I can't remember how I did it but if I find out how I'll let you know! :D
    You're welcome!! :)

Edit: This might help you out! forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/473048.page
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited September 2014
    The boots on DD are a fantastic price, wow! Snagged those. Looks like about 3 and a half hours till anything else gets on XD

Edited: Cause my math stinks!
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    I think you only need a disk in the drive, if your latest EP is installed in disk form. I needed a disk when that was still Late Night, which I installed with a disk and don't need one anymore since I got the digital version of Seasons and added that.

Also I am sorry, if posting like that is a bad version to find someone to give the code for Adventurous Life! to. I probably forgot a lot of people, I would have wanted to include as well. It's too bad the sets can't be split up, but there as there is no CYS on the sets anyway, it is helpful to keep it together.

Do you want the code, @JennaIsGhost? I hope it works internationally and I don't really know how to get the code to anybody, as I don't seem to be allowed to message anybody on this forum.

And wow on that price for Katy Perry's Sweet Treats. :o
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @Apotts congrats on owning the store and thank you for my gift
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    I think you only need a disk in the drive, if your latest EP is installed in disk form. I needed a disk when that was still Late Night, which I installed with a disk and don't need one anymore since I got the digital version of Seasons and added that.

Also I am sorry, if posting like that is a bad version to find someone to give the code for Adventurous Life! to. I probably forgot a lot of people, I would have wanted to include as well. It's too bad the sets can't be split up, but there as there is no CYS on the sets anyway, it is helpful to keep it together.

Do you want the code, @JennaIsGhost? I hope it works internationally and I don't really know how to get the code to anybody, as I don't seem to be allowed to message anybody on this forum.

And wow on that price for Katy Perry's Sweet Treats. :o

Hmmm...Island Paradise is the lastest EP I have and I don't need to have a disk in the drive even though I originally had the physical copy of it.

Only if you want to give the code to me, it's all up to you. :)

Right? I'm not sure I'd want to pay that much for Sweet Treats, then again it's limited edition. haha.
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    CeruleanEchoCeruleanEcho Posts: 79 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @JennaIsGhost said:
    > My disk drive had problems recognizing Island Paradise as well! Good thing we're entitled to the digital download if we buy the disk because I had to uninstall and reinstall mine digitally as well.
    > I don't think you should have any problems with the any other digital versions, BUT I'm not exactly sure. I haven't gotten an expansion pack recently nor have I gotten one digitally yet either.
    > If you find out, please let me know, since I was thinking of getting the rest of the expansion packs digitally.

I think I read something here on the forums somewhere about compatibility issues with some of the origin versions and disk versions... I may have to go find that post again.

And I also have not needed any of my game disks since I got the digital versions installed... and since I said to leave all my saves and what not when I did the uninstall of the disk versions, everything was still there when I got it all back in. (I still had made backups though, just in case!)

Edit: found it but I can't post links yet apparently :( ... it's at the top of the Sims 3 Tech discussions forum though "Solution for DLC Compatibility Alert in Origin"
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    > @JennaIsGhost said:<br />
    > My disk drive had problems recognizing Island Paradise as well! Good thing we're entitled to the digital download if we buy the disk because I had to uninstall and reinstall mine digitally as well.<br />
    > I don't think you should have any problems with the any other digital versions, BUT I'm not exactly sure. I haven't gotten an expansion pack recently nor have I gotten one digitally yet either.<br />
    > If you find out, please let me know, since I was thinking of getting the rest of the expansion packs digitally.<br />
    <br />
    I think I read something here on the forums somewhere about compatibility issues with some of the origin versions and disk versions... I may have to go find that post again. <br />
    <br />
    And I also have not needed any of my game disks since I got the digital versions installed... and since I said to leave all my saves and what not when I did the uninstall of the disk versions, everything was still there when I got it all back in. (I still had made backups though, just in case!)

hmm..I never heard of any compatibly issues.
    I do hope you can get the digital download so you can have it back in your game because I honestly don't remember how I got my digitally. I think I just uninstalled it and then it said download instead of play so I clicked download.

Edit: I asked my brother if he remembered how I did it because he was with me, he said he also thinks I uninstalled it, then took out the disk and went to Origin and clicked download and it downloaded digitally through Origin. If that doesn't work, if you still have your code, I'm sure you can contact EA and see if they can help you.
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    CeruleanEchoCeruleanEcho Posts: 79 Member
    edited September 2014
    it's not a compatibility issue per say... it's more like Origin being dumb and not recognizing things when it should.

Edit: And okay, so I wasn't going to get the boots but who can pass up on a 7 sim point offer? Sold! :p
  • Options
    Awww, shucks, that was me.
    So glad you were able to take advantage :)
    Then thank you again! I also bought for my friend Dragon Valley and the MV/HS bundle. I wanted her to have a few worlds that aren't just Sunset Valley and Riverview. And besides - Must Haz Dragons! :D She loves dragons as much as I do, so when I told her I was getting these for her, she almost swooned! :D
  • Options

This doesn't happen often, but I just broke out into song: Partridge Family's "I Think I Love You" ... I dedicate it to you!

Thanks so much!!! I got my 70s back!! Whoot!!
  • Options
    I don't think it matters how you originally purchased your last ep only how you currently have it installed. I think there can be some problems, if Origin somehow assigns your digital version a different code then the original disc version, which I think can happen, if the disc version was purchased before Origin existed. At least I think I read that somewhere. This is the post you wanted to link to @CeruleanEcho right? I didn't get that message despite having the disc version of the base game and adding EPs in digital form, but they say that it could happen not that it happens for everybody.

@JennaIsGhost Yeah, I do want to give you the code. I checked your wishlist first and I think you will get a lot out of the set you don't yet have and the rock climbing wall. And the complete set takes a nice chunk out of the World Inspiration Compilation. I just don't know how to sent it to you. The only way I could find to sent someone a message is through giving a gift, is there any other way?
  • Options

This doesn't happen often, but I just broke out into song: Partridge Family's "I Think I Love You" ... I dedicate it to you!

Thanks so much!!! I got my 70s back!! Whoot!!

LOL!! You're welcome!! :D
    I'm glad you got it back! :)
    Did you have to uninstall it then install it through Origin? I'm curious again haha!
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    I don't think it matters how you originally purchased your last ep only how you currently have it installed. I think there can be some problems, if Origin somehow assigns your digital version a different code then the original disc version, which I think can happen, if the disc version was purchased before Origin existed. At least I think I read that somewhere. This is the post you wanted to link to @CeruleanEcho right? I didn't get that message despite having the disc version of the base game and adding EPs in digital form, but they say that it could happen not that it happens for everybody.

@JennaIsGhost Yeah, I do want to give you the code. I checked your wishlist first and I think you will get a lot out of the set you don't yet have and the rock climbing wall. And the complete set takes a nice chunk out of the World Inspiration Compilation. I just don't know how to sent it to you. The only way I could find to sent someone a message is through giving a gift, is there any other way?

I just sent you a message on here. I wonder if that worked or not ha
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    That's wonderful of you, @MiaSkywalker. And I agree Dragons are a must. :) I wish there were Dragons and Horses for Medieval.

Also fantastic news @Dru-Anderson now I want to listen to some 70s music.
  • Options
    You can send her a private message. Unlike the old forums, these have that option. Just click her name to go to her profile page, and then click the "message" button in the top right corner.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top