Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited September 2014
    Past Deal:
    92 ) Technophobe No More has expired
    This set contains items from Gothic Glamour- Living Room Set

Current Deal:
    93 ) Faire Folk Attire / 310 / 669 / 54% / 2 hrs
    This set is part of Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire which is part of Make a Wish Compilation

Upcoming Deals
    94 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Old Town Refrigerator / ? / 81 / % / 2 hrs
    This item is part of Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set and Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation Fabulous Fiesta! and April 2012 Compilation Set

95 ) Higher Tech High Wall Shelf / ? / 25 / % / ? hrs
    This item is part of Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set

Have a nice day!
  • Options
    mulder8486mulder8486 Posts: 613 Member
    I won't be having kids of my own (over 40 with genetic disability. :# ) but I'm a professional Aunt! My Brother and Sister-in-Law call me the Baby Whisperer. :p I have three nephews and two nieces ranging in age from nineteen years down to nine months! (g19, b17, b12, g10, b9m. My older sisters have the older kids.) I love them all dearly and can send them home when I've had enough of them!

I had an aunt that never got married or had kids and my siblings and I have totally adopted her as a second mom. She would switch off with all of us (4) growing up taking us to different things and on mini trips. We also got to spend the night occasionally. We got so close to her in those years that she now is considered an additional grandparent to our kids. :) Being a great aunt is definitely a very special gift you can give.
    Radlee wrote: »
    I'm interested in the oversized shirt, but I was bummed when I realized how late it would be available here, when I'm in bed. Then I remembered that I don't sleep well right now (I'm pregnant), so I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night when it's available! So I guess I'm looking on the bright side. :)

Yay! welcome to the DD pregnancy club! (totally unofficial btw) :D lol. Our 2nd will be arriving mid May ish.
    a.k.a. Becki ~ My Sims 3 Page
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    mulder8486 wrote: »
    I won't be having kids of my own (over 40 with genetic disability. :# ) but I'm a professional Aunt! My Brother and Sister-in-Law call me the Baby Whisperer. :p I have three nephews and two nieces ranging in age from nineteen years down to nine months! (g19, b17, b12, g10, b9m. My older sisters have the older kids.) I love them all dearly and can send them home when I've had enough of them!

I had an aunt that never got married or had kids and my siblings and I have totally adopted her as a second mom. She would switch off with all of us (4) growing up taking us to different things and on mini trips. We also got to spend the night occasionally. We got so close to her in those years that she now is considered an additional grandparent to our kids. :) Being a great aunt is definitely a very special gift you can give.

I'm also a professional Aunt - 4 nieces and 4 nephews ranging in age from 6 - 24. For many years I was known as "Cool Aunt Mantha" in my family. I wear that title with pride. It has been amazing to watch them grow up and to be the trusted adult they could call for advice that "isn't Mom." While having kids wasn't in the stars for us, between my husband and me we teach 672 of them. That's enough. And like you, KSkywalker, we are plenty happy to send them home and have quiet.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    trithone wrote: »
    @spreadsheet team - I am up and can clock in anytime, Catherine. :)

Where's my coffee?...

ETA: Coffee found & parrot on shoulder. Ready to face the day.

Ok I will clock out now. The spreadsheet is updated to the start of Faire Folk Attire. Have a great day :)
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    MANDEEx88MANDEEx88 Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2014
    Figures!! I am trying to complete the Make a Wish Compilation and I do not have enough for the Farie Folk Attire. Looks like I just wait for the next time around.

Edit: I only need 10 more points and it wont let me watch two stinkin videos!
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Radlee wrote: »
    I'm interested in the oversized shirt, but I was bummed when I realized how late it would be available here, when I'm in bed. Then I remembered that I don't sleep well right now (I'm pregnant), so I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night when it's available! So I guess I'm looking on the bright side. :)

Awe congratulations!! :)
    Seems like almost everyone but me on here is pregnant or has kids already. Haha!
    I don't have any kids nor plan on having any-unless you count ones with fur!

• Options
    AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    J8K9 wrote: »
    Congrats Ximph! :D Question?Whoever made this list are they trying to drive us insane with the one object here and one there or is it just me?

I actually like the one items deals. I still have a bunch of sets I'm working on so the single items help bring down the CYS. If people have most of the sets and are mostly working on venues I can totally see why they'd be annoying though.

Also thanks so much for the gift! The regal living sets are some of the main ones I'm focusing on so getting an item from them was a nice surprise to wake up to.
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    edited September 2014
    Unfortunately I have neither kids of my own nor nieces or nephews to spoil. Although I do have three brothers, but they are all younger than me and not even close to having kids.

@MANDEEx88 There is nothing from the Farie Fold Attire on your wishlist. Do you own anything from the set?
  • Options
    Wow the baby talk is still going on? That was a long while. I have a 6 year old boy and I kept telling myself I didn't want any more kids because of the fact I had my son so young and I didn't want to be a raising babies for so long that I never had years to do my thing. I had my son at 19 so I felt at the time that I missed the "going out" years. Now I want to try for a little girl but I really just want a baby in general. My hubby isn't ready yet. He said in about 2-4 years. I just liked the fact that my brother, my sister, and I were all pretty close in age with only three years apart from each other and I wanted that for my son. He is already 6 and in 2 years he will be 8-9 years old and if we have a baby then, they wont have much in common to play around with each other. Maybe in about 2 years we can have another baby and then a year later a third. Man, never thought I'd be thinking of having three.
  • Options
    Did you find to more vids @MANDEEx88 or do you still want the Farie Folk set?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Past Deal:
    93 ) Faire Folk Attire has expired
    This set is part of Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire which is part of Make a Wish Compilation

Current Deal:
    94 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Old Town Refrigerator / 46 / 81 / 43% / 2 hrs
    This item is part of Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set and Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation Fabulous Fiesta! and April 2012 Compilation Set

Upcoming Deals:
    This item is part of Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set

96 ) Lacey Retreat Romper / ? / 75 / % / ? hrs
    Edit to add: This item is part of Luxury Resort Attire and August 2011 Compilation

I just had an ad that was repeating itself over and over again but it didn`t give me points >:)
    I`ll be OE for the rest of the day / evening.
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    @awellenbl
    No videos and it's over. It wouldn't have been so frustrating but I was only 10 points away. :(
    Womp womp
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    edited September 2014
    Anyone else have ads that still give sound even if you put it at 0%? 2786c5c8e1a8be796fb2f726cca5a0fe.gif
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    That's annoying @Tahera. A repeating ad giving you lots of points would be amazing, though. Much less clicking. :) And I have seen OE used quite a bit, but I can't figure out what it means other than not here?

@MANDEEx88 That is really too bad, I wanted to gift you an item, so that you could buy it, but I just came back and there wasn't much time. I couldn't find anything from the set on your wishlist and was afraid, if I randomly pick one, you might already have it. Sorry, that you couldn't get it. :(
  • Options
    OE = Offline Existence
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    94 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Old Town Refrigerator / 46 / 81 / 43% / 2 hrs

Next
    96 ) Lacey Retreat Romper / / 75 / % / hrs

Missed that it was posted already XD

• Options
    Ah, thanks. I guess that is a thing. ;)
  • Options
    awellenbl wrote: »
    That's annoying @Tahera. A repeating ad giving you lots of points would be amazing, though. Much less clicking. :) And I have seen OE used quite a bit, but I can't figure out what it means other than not here?

@MANDEEx88 That is really too bad, I wanted to gift you an item, so that you could buy it, but I just came back and there wasn't much time. I couldn't find anything from the set on your wishlist and was afraid, if I randomly pick one, you might already have it. Sorry, that you couldn't get it. :(

Awe well thank you for the gesture! I appreciate it. I personally did not want the set and that is why I didn't have it on my wishlist, but it is a set that would have gave me a big boost to owning the Make a Wish Compilation. When I saw it was on the DD I knew I should take the chance and grab it. This DD will repeat eventually and who know, I might end up getting something that I want more in the near future since I still have all those simpoints that I couldn't use on the fairie set.

Also thanks for asking about OE. I was wondering what it meant too!! Now I know.
  • Options
    @awellenbl
    Thank you for the gift but you did not have to do that! I do like the gift you picked out however. It is actually one of my favorite of that set. I have a thing for kitchen shelves with nick knacks on them. Lol do you ever feel awkward or uncomfortable getting gifts from someone-This is one of those times.
    Thank you very much. You generosity will not be forgotten. :)
  • Options
    @awellenbl
    Figures! Now I get a bunch of ads. Where were you ads just a half hour ago!!
  • Options
    MANDEEx88 wrote: »
    @awellenbl
    Figures! Now I get a bunch of ads. Where were you ads just a half hour ago!!

Hiding ;)

• Options
    J8K9J8K9 Posts: 2,338 Member
    Adds are back I think Someone fell asleep and just rebooted them? :s Then again I could be wrong? :(
  • Options
    Dru-AndersonDru-Anderson Posts: 106 Member
    Dru-Anderson said:

it wasn't just the points missing, it was also the other stuff too: messages, friends, 'oops' and the shopping cart. It was like the top right of the screen was missing.

Just a bit ago I go to see if the dog & goat wanna play, and I noticed a "1" by my "Oops" icon. My "oops" has always lead me to one of those "Oops page not loading" pages, thus the name I gave the icon. In all the time I've been playing, I've never known what the "Oops" was for.

I click onto my "Oops" icon and it lead to this:
    @bekkasan sent you a message.

You have been gifted a Store item from bekkasan!
    Hope this will help you with the next time it comes around.
    bekkasan has gifted you: Happily Hippie Patchwork Pouf.

OMG; how sweet! Not only did Bekkasan send me a beautiful gift, but she also fixed my "Oops" :smiley:

THANK YOU!
    I know I cannot be tagged/linked to in the forums. It is because I'm dashing, as in the "dash" in my profile name. If you're looking for my Sims3 page, it can be found here: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Dru-Anderson
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,010 Member
    For those of you who are joined the DD thread in the last few months, here is a link to Meg's Welcome Wagon post. Her post includes these definitions of DD lingo and links to other information.

- OE or Offline Existence - a more accurate term than Real Life (RL) for what we do when we are not logged in to the DD forum (silencedsong; Aleyn)
    - completicitis - a symptom of the DDholic syndrome; the uncontrolled desire or need to purchase every item available in the Sims store (Meg)
    - SSA or Sim Store Addict - a simmer who ignores OE and spends most of his/her waking hours in the DD thread or who interrupts sleep with alarm clocks set for every two hours (APotts; Alli)

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited September 2014
    awellenbl wrote: »
    And I have seen OE used quite a bit, but I can't figure out what it means other than not here?

Ah, something that goes way back in DD Stalker history! :)

As @Tahera replied OE = Offline Existence

It was something the legendary @silencedsong / Aleyn first used and was, we decided, "a more accurate term than Real Life (RL) for what we do when we are not logged in to the DD forum" :D

It's rather out of date now but the lovely @Meg1626 created a fine 'welcome wagon' post that helped introduce some of our unique characteristics to new DD stalkers ...

Doh! Ninja'd ... another DD term?! :o
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top