March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ajaxpost Property Portfolio - NEW Lot(7 May): Active Sports Centre Gym (picture HEAVY!!)

ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
edited September 2016 in The Sims 3 Builders
Adrian's Property Portfolio

With the encouragement of my friends in the DD Stalker threads I eventually started to take building seriously back in 2013 and attempted to create a few lots that were good enough to share. I am by no means an expert with all the tools and techniques that the true star builders use but I like to think that I have created a few unusual, distinctive, and useful lots.

I am also quite a slow builder and the descriptive posts I have created for them are scattered across not only months but many different places - the TS3 forums, my Tumblr and even my story blog as the mood took me at the time! :/

So it's about time that I brought some order to my studio and collect all the various pages and links in one place ... this is what we have here!

I will add full lot description posts here as soon as I can but for now I'll put up a simple list of everything I've done to date :)

NOTE: I do not guarantee that my lots are free of custom content although I do try to only use EA content and always check my builds with Delphy's CUSTARD. Where I have specifically included custom content it will be identified in the lot description here.

The Lot List
This list is in 'reverse' order - the most recent is first, the oldest at the bottom.

Majix Active Sports Centre

Stoneleigh Minor
Stoneleigh Major
The Old Cottage
Valley Motors
Simwaj Al Ajax
Juniper Lane Arts Centre
Little Theatre Picture House
Heritage Water
Druids Well
Savvy Simon’s Auto Centre
Majix Cove Motor Company
The Red Dragon
The Dealers Arms
Post edited by ajaxpost on

Comments

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    This is post two for some purpose or other :)
    I will also reserve a third post just in case :)
    edited June 2015
    The Dealers Arms
    Pub

tumblr_nnsqbmgNRD1sgcmqgo10_1280.jpg

A warm welcome awaits at the Dealers Arms, a busy local, but with neither loud music nor TV, you can still enjoy a relaxed conversation with your drink or maybe one of their famous home-cooked pizzas. You’ll soon want to become a regular and perhaps even share in the successes of the pub darts teams!

tumblr_nnsqbmgNRD1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

A well maintained old hostelry on Sim Lane in the very heart of Majix Cove but has ample parking for those travelling from further afield.

tumblr_nnsqbmgNRD1sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nnsqbmgNRD1sgcmqgo8_1280.jpg

Whenever you visit, you’ll find a warm and friendly welcome and a place to relax and enjoy spending time with family and friends. Let’s take a look around the facilities on offer at the Dealers Arms.

tumblr_nnsqbmgNRD1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg

Feeling hungry? Enjoy tasty snacks from the bar or one of our famous home-cooked pizzas in our comfortable dining room.

tumblr_nnsqbmgNRD1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg

It may be small but our kitchen is the source of some real culinary magic. A specially commissioned wood-fired oven enables our chef to create the finest pizzas in the whole of Majix Cove!

tumblr_nnsqbmgNRD1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nnsqbmgNRD1sgcmqgo6_1280.jpg

Feeling competitive? Particularly popular with our younger clientele, the games room hosts not only table football and video game staples but is also home to the Dealers Arrows darts team.

tumblr_nnsqbmgNRD1sgcmqgo9_1280.jpg

On those lovely summer days, our delightful enclosed family garden at the rear includes a swing and rides to keep the young-uns amused and safe.

That’s it, a quick tour of the Dealers Arms, a place we’re sure you’ll enjoy visiting time and time again.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your community lots! :) Each of the builds are very nice! It is nice looking at the pictures of each of them on the forums and on your tumblr, and going on a tour of them with you through pictures and description words to accompany the pictures. The layout and furnishing of each of them are very nice!
    Thank you very much for your kind comments Rose @rosemow.

I always had trouble finding where I had put the pictures and descriptions of my builds and have been meaning to bring them together in one place for a while. So, although I hope other Simmers like and use my lots, at least I now know where to find all the details for each of them! :smiley:
    edited June 2015
    The Red Dragon
    Pub

tumblr_nnw8esUU7Y1sgcmqgo7_1280.jpg
    The ground floor plan is divided into two bars of roughly equal size.

tumblr_nnw89w2rQk1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg
    The front, street-facing, side

tumblr_nnw89w2rQk1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg
    The rear, showing the outside toilet block

tumblr_nnw89w2rQk1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nnw89w2rQk1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg
    The “public bar” area is described as simple and unpretentious and supports popular local activities such as a dart-board and dominoes.

tumblr_nnw89w2rQk1sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg
    The “lounge bar” is somewhat more comfortably furnished and is often used for meetings by local clubs.

tumblr_nnw89w2rQk1sgcmqgo6_r1_1280.jpg
    They might be simple, they might be outside, but there's nothing wrong with the toilets!

tumblr_nnw8esUU7Y1sgcmqgo7_r1_1280.jpg
    Accessed by an external staircase, the living accommodation has everything you need but is perhaps a bit 'old fashioned' ...

tumblr_nnw8esUU7Y1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg
    The large and fully equipped kitchen, although the décor may appear somewhat dated it has a pleasing ‘cottage’ feel.

tumblr_nnw8esUU7Y1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg
    The bathroom furniture, in particular, is proudly antique in style but fully functional and compliant with modern plumbing regulations.

tumblr_nnw8esUU7Y1sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nnw8esUU7Y1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg
    The spacious dining room / lounge also retains a traditional country feel and has plenty of scope for enhancement.

tumblr_nnw8esUU7Y1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg
    Bedroom one is delightfully furnished with a touch of glamour, including a 'regal’ style bed.

tumblr_nnw8esUU7Y1sgcmqgo6_1280.jpg
    The second bedroom is also comfortably equipped, and ideal for a guest room.

Important NOTES
    To place some of the 'residential' equipment, especially in the kitchen, I made use of Buzzler’s Build/Buy Restriction Choker mod. You only need this mod if you intend to edit the lot, to use it as it is you do not need the mod.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    wonderful bar you made there

will the apartment work? or is it "just" deco....
    wondering if there is any way to make it work with room markers
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    Hi @anettesb, thank you for your kind comment.

To be honest I have not tried to use as a residence, apartment or whatever. My main purpose was to create something 'realistic' for story-telling.

I've never tried the room markers, it would be interesting to see what is possible.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Hi Adrian! Love your new thread. If anyone needs a rec about his builds then I am recommending them. I've dl'd them all and use them in many of my worlds as I just like having stuff that my friends have built. I use the Druids Well and Red Dragon Pub most often. I have not sent anyone on vacation to try out the new base camp yet. I do need to give my sims a break, especially the ones that had triplets and then twins. I shall have to try it soon! :)

I've been thinking about putting my few builds up on a thread or doing a story line with the legacy manor that I am building right now.

I've bookmarked your thread so keep working and building!! :smiley:
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Hi Adrian! Love your new thread. If anyone needs a rec about his builds then I am recommending them. I've dl'd them all and use them in many of my worlds as I just like having stuff that my friends have built. I use the Druids Well and Red Dragon Pub most often. I have not sent anyone on vacation to try out the new base camp yet. I do need to give my sims a break, especially the ones that had triplets and then twins. I shall have to try it soon! :)

I've been thinking about putting my few builds up on a thread or doing a story line with the legacy manor that I am building right now.

I've bookmarked your thread so keep working and building!! :smiley:
    Thank you so much Sandi :blush:

It really is heartening to know that someone else is enjoying my creations, those two were certainly great fun to do, and very challenging at the time - I learnt such a lot building them.

And yes, you have too few creations on the Exchange, it would be so good to see more about them ... or more of them! :)
    edited June 2015
    Majix Cove Motor Company
    Car Dealership

This is the Majix Cove Motor Company, a car dealership created for the Majix Cove world creation project, hence the somewhat unusual lot size, 64x40.

tumblr_no97ccJIPw1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_no97ccJIPw1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg
    Right on Redwood Parkway, this stylish new dealership is ready to welcome you.

tumblr_no97ccJIPw1sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_no97ccJIPw1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg
    The Majix Cove Motor Company, or MC2, is the place to come for not only the best selection of cars from, sporty to utility, but a guaranteed good deal.

tumblr_no97ccJIPw1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg
    We have arrangements with all the major franchises so that whatever your desire, be it a modern performance super-car, a retro classic, or a new eco-friendly hybrid you will find it here.

tumblr_no97ccJIPw1sgcmqgo6_1280.jpg
    If you’re looking for something new have a chat with one of our Motor Consultants who will help you find the perfect vehicle for your needs, and your budget!

tumblr_no97ccJIPw1sgcmqgo7_1280.jpg
    Or if you just need to book a service, order some parts, or just get the latest brochures, our friendly support staff are always on hand to help.

tumblr_no97ccJIPw1sgcmqgo8_1280.jpg
    If you want to take a moment to talk over a decision, just make yourself comfortable in our “relax zone” and enjoy free TV, wi-fi, and juice.

tumblr_no97i3pf2q1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg
    When your vehicle needs a service or tune-up you can rest assured that it will get the best attention from our highly skilled technicians in our state-of-the-art service centre.

tumblr_no97i3pf2q1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg
    In fact, we are so proud of our service facility that you can now watch the work in progress from our new viewing gallery on the first floor.

tumblr_no97i3pf2q1sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg
    On the other hand you may prefer to enjoy a tasty snack in Maria’s Café. Actually, the café is open to all, and is a great spot to take a break, whatever the reason.

tumblr_no97i3pf2q1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg
    And don’t worry, if you have little ones with you, we’re sure they will enjoy our soft play area.

tumblr_no97i3pf2q1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg
    For you to receive the best possible service, our staff have to be happy in their work so our office space has been designed by a leading workplace architect to create the most harmonious and productive working environment.

tumblr_no97i3pf2q1sgcmqgo6_1280.jpg
    We know that a successful business can never be complacent. To keep our business fresh, all our staff enjoy continuous training, career development, and participation in regular brain-storming sessions to generate new and innovative ways to serve you better.

tumblr_no97i3pf2q1sgcmqgo7_1280.jpg
    So, all that remains is for me to thank you for visiting Majix Cove Motor Company and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Important NOTES
    To place some of the 'residential' equipment, especially in the kitchen, I made use of Buzzler’s Build/Buy Restriction Choker mod. You only need this mod if you intend to edit the lot, to use it as it is you do not need the mod.
    edited June 2015
    Savvy Simon’s Auto Centre
    Car Dealership

I am proud to announce the opening of the latest dealership MC2 showroom and service centre; Savvy Simon’s Auto Centre.

tumblr_no97orgcSC1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg
    This site is the same as the original Majix Cove Motor Company, with a few small changes ...

tumblr_no97orgcSC1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg
    With the addition of the latest “cash” desk we can now take payment directly so that you can take your purchase, however large or small, away with you immediately!

tumblr_no97orgcSC1sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg
    In addition to all the latest models from all the leading manufacturers we have added the very latest eco-friendly vehicles and an even greater selection of classics, that you can buy right from our stock!

tumblr_no97orgcSC1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg
    Savvy Simon’s can now supply an exclusive range of high quality branded merchandise. From tools, to tees, to toys, every member of the family can now enjoy ownership of a classic motor brand!

Important NOTES
    edited June 2015
    Druids Well
    Fishing Spot

Historians believe that this small lake, known as Druids Well, was a key part of the ritual ceremonies of the earliest settlers.

Now under the guardianship of the local heritage conservation trust this beautiful location is being opened up to the public as place of peace and relaxation.

tumblr_npsvrhwaIZ1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg
    The lake has been carefully restocked with many varieties of freshwater fish, from the most common to the rare, the small side channel even hosts a number of species normally only found in France.

tumblr_npsvrhwaIZ1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg
    For tourists, and even locals wishing to explore the lake and the surrounding country, there is a small area set aside for camping.

tumblr_npsvrhwaIZ1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg
    if you intrigued by the history of Druids Well, you will be enchanted by the most impressive “wishing well” tucked away in the far corner of the park.

It is thought that this is where the aquifer fed by the waters from the surrounding hills rose to form the lake and, as evidenced by the nearby high-status burials, was clearly very significant. This well is believed to have ‘magical’ properties.

The lakeside is the last resting place of several high-status individuals and although many remains have been lost those that are still in place have been appropriately marked.

tumblr_npsvrhwaIZ1sgcmqgo7_1280.jpg
    The most recent burial markers are alongside the wishing well but the oldest located burials are on the other side of the park where they are watched over by the dominating presence of an ancient water god.

tumblr_npsvrhwaIZ1sgcmqgo3_r1_1280.jpg
    Whenever you come to visit Druids Well, be it in the height of summer, the splendour of autumn, or even the depth of winter; beauty and tranquillity will always be there to welcome you.

tumblr_npsvvbzIK01sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg
    To support the camp site, and indeed casual visitors, there is a small cabin containing a shop/café and, for those camping, wash-rooms.

tumblr_npsvvbzIK01sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg
    The on-site heritage conservation trust shop provides all the essentials for campers, an attractive range of souvenirs, and also a wide selection of tasty snacks.

tumblr_npsvvbzIK01sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg
    Campers also have use of the simple but tastefully decorated wash-rooms.

tumblr_npsvvbzIK01sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg

Important NOTES
    This lot includes the following spawners:
    • Fish:
      • Lake Common
      • Lake Uncommon
      • Lake Rare
      • France Rare
      • Freshwater Designation
    • Others:
      • Insects x 3
      • Seeds x 2
      • Dig site
    Because of the large number of spawners you should be careful when placing the lot especially if you turn it before accepting the placement - this is likely to cause the spawners to be duplicated so it is recommended that you use the 'Buydebug' cheat to check the location of the spawners and remove any that you do not want.

The shop contains a Food Register only.
    edited June 2015
    Heritage Water
    Fishing Spot

Heritage Water is identical to Druids Well except that it does not have the Barrier To Entry gates to limit access, just a plain ol' iron gate :)

tumblr_npsvrhwaIZ1sgcmqgo6_r1_1280.jpg

Important NOTES
    This lot includes the following spawners:
    • Fish:
      • Lake Common
      • Lake Uncommon
      • Lake Rare
      • France Rare
      • Freshwater Designation
    • Others:
      • Insects x 3
      • Seeds x 2
      • Dig site
    Because of the large number of spawners you should be careful when placing the lot especially if you turn it before accepting the placement - this is likely to cause the spawners to be duplicated so it is recommended that you use the 'Buydebug' cheat to check the location of the spawners and remove any that you do not want.

The shop contains a Food Register only.
    edited June 2015
    Little Theatre Picture House
    Cinema

tumblr_ni8o9eHLun1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ni8o9eHLun1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg
    A simple old meeting hall has been converted into a stylish arts cinema with a reputation for the best in independent and international films:

tumblr_ni8o9eHLun1sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ni8o9eHLun1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg
    The lobby is a spacious and comfortable area to meet friends and enjoy a pre-film drink or snack at the Rita Simworth bar.

tumblr_ni8o9eHLun1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg
    If you're in a rush, or prefer to take your refreshment with you into the movie, make a selection from our well-stocked vending machines.

tumblr_ni8o9eHLun1sgcmqgo6_1280.jpg
    Buying your tickets is made easy using our automated box office machines.

tumblr_ni8o9eHLun1sgcmqgo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_ni8o9eHLun1sgcmqgo8_1280.jpg
    When you're ready, make your way through the turnstile down to our state-of-the art screens.

tumblr_ni8oaeZvMB1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ni8oaeZvMB1sgcmqgo2_r1_1280.jpg
    If you're waiting for that friend who is always late there's a small extra seating area where you can wait in comfort.

We have three, colour coded, screens so make sure you purchase the correct colour ticket!

tumblr_ni8oaeZvMB1sgcmqgo3_r1_1280.jpg
    The largest, red, screen shows the big film festival favourites.

tumblr_ni8oaeZvMB1sgcmqgo5_r1_1280.jpg
    The green screen is where you'll find the latest independent films and if there's a classic that needs to be seen again we'll find a place for it in the blue screen.

tumblr_ni8oaeZvMB1sgcmqgo6_r1_1280.jpg
    In addition to luxurious standard seating each screen has a back row of double seats ideal for couples who like to enjoy a film in comfort together.

tumblr_ni8oaeZvMB1sgcmqgo7_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ni8oaeZvMB1sgcmqgo8_r1_1280.jpg
    We do, of course, have elegantly appointed facilities should nature call.

A few basic facts about the Little Theatre:

tumblr_ni8oaeZvMB1sgcmqgo9_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ni8oaeZvMB1sgcmqgo10_r1_1280.jpg

Important NOTES
    • The top floor is unfurnished; ready for you to develop as a performance venue, art school, or club, or whatever takes your fancy!
    • The turnstiles are set to allow only teens and older and exclude pets and zombies; the doors to each screen are also set to only allow the correct colour ticket holders (all these can, of course, be changed to whatever you prefer for your game)
    • EP and Premium Content:
      • Late Night Bar
      • Barrier To Entry System
      • Large as Life Movie Screen

edited November 2015
    Juniper Lane Arts Centre
    Cinema/Movie Theatre

This build is a variation on the Little Theatre Picture House - the ground floor lobby area and basement cinemas are the same (apart from a little adjustment in the lobby to accommodate stairs up to the first floor) but now there is an artists studio and café on the first floor.

I also added in a 'rabbithole door' so that the lot can be used as a replacement Movie Theatre rabbithole as well as a cinema hang-out!

The new first floor:
    Screenshot1611.jpg

Screenshot1612.jpg

Screenshot1613.jpg

Important NOTES
    • See the description for the Little Theatre Picture House for all the details on the basement and ground floors
    • To operate as a Movie Theatre you will need to install Jynx Rabbit Hole Rugs and Doors which can be found on Mod The Sims

edited November 2015
    Simwaj Al Ajax
    WA Base Camp

The front entrance:
    tumblr_inline_nnhn4hqN7N1s8r7k7_1280.jpg

The rear entrance and camp ground:
    tumblr_inline_nnhkboEfNx1s8r7k7_1280.jpg

An overview of the accommodation block:
    tumblr_inline_nnhk85vsv71s8r7k7_1280.jpg

A Double room:
    tumblr_inline_nnfrtkvnzg1s8r7k7_1280.jpg

The twin room:
    tumblr_inline_nnfs1kCUXz1s8r7k7_1280.jpg

The family room (with ensuite):
    tumblr_inline_nnfsj2OL2g1s8r7k7_1280.jpg

The ensuite in the family room:tumblr_inline_nnhj1wy2tX1s8r7k7_1280.jpg

The kitchen/dining/lounge rooms and the world famous Nomad stage:
    tumblr_inline_nnhk9riGiE1s8r7k7_1280.jpg

The kitchen:
    tumblr_inline_nnhehmAcvA1s8r7k7_1280.jpg

Dining Room:
    tumblr_inline_nnhenxebMP1s8r7k7_1280.jpg

The Lounge:
    tumblr_inline_nnhew71bba1s8r7k7_1280.jpg

The Nomad stage in use:
    tumblr_inline_nnhfyumLfZ1s8r7k7_1280.jpg

The Courtyard (the toilet/shower block is behind the notice board)
    tumblr_inline_nnhf4yWhU91s8r7k7_1280.jpg

The toilet block:
    tumblr_inline_nnhjz1Ii9n1s8r7k7_1280.jpg

There are even more pictures on the Tumblr post: http://ajax-tum.tumblr.com/post/117550913674/simwaj-al-ajax

Important NOTES

This lot is designed to replace the default Base Camp in The Sims 3 World Adventures ‘Al Simhara’ world but can be used in any ‘Adventure’ or vacation world and is compatible with the Nraas Traveller mod.

In addition to World Adventures you will also need the Late Night expansion pack and the World of Wonder Carousel Collection store set for the Nomad stage. Several other EPs, such as University Life, and Store sets were used to style this lot.

Unfortunately limitations in TS3 mean that Base Camps require a little more effort to place than the normal exchange lot. To add to your game please follow this procedure:
    1. Save your current game
    2. Go to Edit Town
    3. Select ‘Al Simhara’ (or whichever world you wish to use it with)
    4. You need to 'unlock' the lot before you can demolish the old camp and put this one in it's place:
      1. Enable the testing cheats: "testingcheatsenabled on"
      2. Enable the lot locking cheat: "enablelotlocking on"
      3. Click on the Base Camp lot and then click the locked padlock in the description - it will unlock
    5. Bulldoze the existing Base Camp
    6. Place the Simwaj Al Alax lot
    7. Make sure the lot is set to ‘Base Camp’
    8. Return to your game
    9. Save your game again
    10. The next steps are only required if you wish to check that the adventure board has been added to the lot or if you want to change its position
      1. Go to Edit Town
      2. Select ‘Al Simhara’ (or whichever world you are using it with)
      3. Enable the Move Objects Cheat: “moveobjects on”
      4. Find the Base Camp Adventure Board (it is often outside the walls on the right-hand side)
      5. Move the Adventure Board to a better position (for example outside the toilet block)
      6. You can also move the trash can if you wish
      7. Turn off the cheat: “moveobjects off”
      8. Return to your game
      9. Save your game again
    11. Turn of the testing cheats: "testingcheatsenabled off"

Simwaj Al Ajax Base Camp is now fully installed and working perfectly in your game - though note that you will need to repeat this process if you start a new game and want to use this lot again.

* Note this lot includes the same two insect spawners as found on the original EA lot these will replicate if the lot is turned during placement so it is recommended that you use the 'Buydebug' cheat to check the location of the spawners and remove any that you do not want.
    edited June 2015
    Valley Motors
    Car Dealership

Whatever the weather a warm welcome awaits you at Valley Motors, be it to purchase one of our fine new or previously owned vehicles …
    tumblr_nns3rdVJ7w1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nns3rdVJ7w1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg

or to get your current car serviced
    tumblr_nns3rdVJ7w1sgcmqgo8_1280.jpg

Our staff are fully trained and understand not only all the latest models and technology but, more importantly, how to match your particular automotive needs.
    tumblr_nns3rdVJ7w1sgcmqgo6_1280.jpg

In addition to a fine selection of vehicles we also stock a wide range of accessories.
    tumblr_nns3rdVJ7w1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg

So, whether it is high-end luxury or the latest energy efficient technology that you’re looking for; we have the car for you. Rush along to our showroom, talk to our advisors, and discover the extra value that we add at Valley Motors.
    tumblr_nns3rdVJ7w1sgcmqgo9_1280.jpg

Important NOTES
    NOTE: Because of a problem with the initial upload the lot on the Exchange is called “New Valley Motors”.

The Savvy Seller’s Collection, part of the Midnight Hollow Store world, is required.

To place the non-décor cars on this lots I made use of Buzzler’s Build/Buy Restriction Choker mod. You only need this mod if you wish to edit the lot, it is not required just to use this lot in your game.
    edited May 2017
    The Old Cottage
    Starter Home

This is the first residential lot I have shared; I've never been confident decorating large homes but when someone requested a cheap starter home on The Gift of Creation thread hosted by @NagyGina I thought I would have a go ...

Using traditional English design features The Old Cottage is an inexpensive and cosy home for one or two. The décor is a little dated, in keeping with the age of the property, but it would not take much more than a few coats of paint to bring it bang up to date.

View from the roadside, a small front garden and space for a car
    tumblr_npqxumBQdr1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

Some of the original interior walls have been largely removed to give the main living space a more open, airier, feel
    tumblr_npqxumBQdr1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg

The comfortable lounge area has an original style fireplace that can keep the whole home warm
    tumblr_npqxumBQdr1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg

A compact kitchen/diner gets plenty of light
    tumblr_npqxumBQdr1sgcmqgo7_1280.jpg

The bedroom may be compact but does not feel cramped
    tumblr_npqxwa0l9d1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

The bathroom has plenty of room for a full-sized bath but, like many older English properties, the toilet is separate
    tumblr_npqxwa0l9d1sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg

The plan view shows the potential of this fabulous little property; it may be small but it packs in everything you could need in a cosy home. Whether you’re wanting to settle in a small and easily maintained property or looking for a sound property with development potential The Old Cottage could be just what you’re after!
    tumblr_npqxwa0l9d1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg

• petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    Great job on The Old Cottage. I saw this in the newest exchange uploads thread and it captured my heart. It's enchanting. I will be sure to leave it a rec when I get on the TS3 site next.
    sigg.gif

edited June 2015
    petalbot wrote: »
    Great job on The Old Cottage. I saw this in the newest exchange uploads thread and it captured my heart. It's enchanting. I will be sure to leave it a rec when I get on the TS3 site next.
    Thank you so much, very kind of you to say. :)

Had a wander through your awesome studio ... so wish I was still playing in Lucky Palms so I could set up home in Desert Sands! :)
    Having taken a short break from The Sims 3, I am getting back into the game with a new build! :smile:

Again, something a little different for me ... trying to create something vaguely historical. It will probably come in two versions a slightly larger lot with a mix of Store content and a smaller residence hopefully using fewer items.

It's nearly ready, just some play testing to finish, so here's a couple of WIP photos to whet your appetite :smiley:

tumblr_ntpnozBis11sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ntpnozBis11sgcmqgo2_r1_1280.jpg

There have been several décor and layout changes since the first photo was taken :)
    edited September 2015
    Stoneleigh Major
    Medieval Style Home
    • Lot Size: 20x20
    • Lot Type: Residential
    • Purchase Cost: §27,008 (furnished) or §16,486 (unfurnished)
    • Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8744033 (this is version 2 which does not include the Ford Focus!)
    • Comments: A comfortable two bedroom home for the aspirational peasant

Prompted by requests for medieval lots on The Gift of Creation thread hosted by @NagyGina I thought I might be able to create something a little different.

Many of the historical lots on the Exchange are aimed at the wealthier and more attractive citizens, the lords and ladies of the manor with their accompanying servants. I wanted to see if it was possible to create something at the other end of the social scale - a hovel for the medieval peasant.

Well, I didn't quite achieve it with this build because:
    • The Sims 3 doesn't have a lot of genuinely "medieval" style build and buy content
    • Game play limitations and requirements mean you end up having to include some 'out-of-time' features
    • I got a bit carried away and created something a bit too large to be a proper hovel

So, there will be a smaller version of this lot, I'll call it Stoneleigh Minor, which will be more basic and come in at a starter home kind of price. For now though, please let me introduce Stoneleigh Major ...

Constructed from local stone, wattle and daub Stoneleigh Major is a substantial two storey home with a modest amount of land for agricultural use.
    tumblr_ntumt2RNQn1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

The rear includes not only a small number of vegetable plants and apple trees but also, a most prized feature, a well providing a ready supply of fresh water.
    tumblr_ntumt2RNQn1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg

The main room includes a traditional open fire providing heat for both warmth and cooking.
    tumblr_ntumt2RNQn1sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg

There are two major gameplay concessions in the kitchen area - the Wood Fire Oven from Monte Vista and a sink; neither would exist in a real Medieval peasant home but I think they fit reasonably well with the style of the home.
    tumblr_ntumt2RNQn1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg

As would be common in such a home the main room also houses the family animals; in this case chickens (unfortunately TS3 doesn't have free-roaming farm animals so, yes, that is a chicken coop!)
    tumblr_ntumt2RNQn1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg

Separated from the main room is a ground-floor bedroom and 'en-suite' bathroom (such good beds and especially baths and toilets are probably unusual in a real peasant home so I have tried to 'age' them appropriately) .
    tumblr_ntumt2RNQn1sgcmqgo6_1280.jpg

There is an upper mezzanine-style floor with two beds for kids or other residents, it also has it's own bath!
    tumblr_ntumt2RNQn1sgcmqgo7_1280.jpg

An elevated view of the main room and upper floor (without adequate heat the number of windows were limited in order to preserve warmth, and were certainly unlikely to have glass or be as stylish as these! The floor is also a bit too smart but I decided against leaving it as 'unfinished' ground which would give the residents a constant negative moodlet :()
    tumblr_ntumt2RNQn1sgcmqgo8_1280.jpg

And finally, the plan views. The ground floor:
    tumblr_ntumt2RNQn1sgcmqgo9_1280.jpg

And the upper floor:
    tumblr_ntumt2RNQn1sgcmqgo10_1280.jpg

You may also be interested in a couple of sites I found useful for inspiration and information on houses of this period:

CC NOTE
    NOTE: This lot includes a custom wallpaper pattern for the main outer walls: Wall Structured Wood and Stone by HelleN.

NOTE
    NOTE: For some reason the original upload to the Exchange included the 'Ford Focus Neon Nights', one of the free car sets that EA have since removed. I doubt that this would affect your game but it really should not be part of a 'Medieval' home, so I have uploaded a second version which does not list the car as part of it on Exchange. Sorry for the confusion :blush:
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    The thing with your blatant self promotion @ajaxpost is it makes people like me turn up in your thread :*

Firstly, I love your exteriors, I really do. I also love your attention to detail, I would never have to thought to have a viewing gallery in a car showroom, but it makes so much sense and makes it feel so much more real. The landscaping in Druid's Well is beautiful, I wish my local park was like that. The wallpaper in your Simwaj Al Ajax bedrooms and dining area is great, and suits the theme perfectly. I love the little descriptions you give! That and your attention to the small things makes what you create so life-like.

In summary: Stop shaming my builds with your architectural awesomeness :weary:
  • chrischris8894chrischris8894 Posts: 371 Member
    Very nice, this will be perfect in my medieval themed town! :)
    21a63a76613ef59a6ab875e93d138b7c.gif