Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Start 15 Nov; 1st Repeat 3 Dec

Comments

• Options
    PakaJynxPakaJynx Posts: 285 Member
    edited November 2013

But in more important news... UM!!!! Tiny Prodigies is now for sale on its own?!?!?!?!And the PC items too!
    It's about flaming time! Now, to wait for it to go on sale . . .

Oy, what a boring DD list this is! I don't own everything, but the discounts haven't been all that enticing. Hopefully, the MMAO will throw something good my way tomorrow. Something for less than 315 'cause that's all I got. :P
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited November 2013
    whoa! they are selling the toddle pc items by their self? Didn't see that one coming...
    If I recall correctly, just before Midnight Hollow came out one of the news sites or bloggers (SimsVIP?) reported that SimGuruTaterTot (I think, but could be wrong!) did hint that the Aurora Skies content would become available.

Sadly they were still insistent that the MH content was staying 'exclusive' to the world. :evil:

Oh, edit! In other news I've bought my first MMAO bundle! :D:mrgreen::D:mrgreen: Just three clothing items from Loud Fast Clash for 135sp, a 40% discount but mostly helping towards my CYS on the Bedroom + Attire combo.

Not been terribly impressed so far but I much prefer it to the goodies boxes ... even though I actually did quite well, in price terms, on the one goodie box set I bought. Yeah, that's me never satisfied! :roll:

And, just to vent a little ... I use three colours on my master DD spreadsheet:
    green for deals I own,
    black for deals I don't own,
    and red for deals I'm actively considering getting.

So far, this DD list is entirely green! :cry:
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:
    whoa! they are selling the toddle pc items by their self? Didn't see that one coming...
    If I recall correctly, just before Midnight Hollow came out one of the news sites or bloggers (SimsVIP?) reported that SimGuruTaterTot (I think, but could be wrong!) did hint that the Aurora Skies content would become available.

Sadly they were still insistent that the MH content was staying 'exclusive' to the world. :evil:

yeah I know tatertot tweeted about the venue, but releasing the toddler items for purchase without the venue...I didn't see that one coming
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited November 2013
    Just looked at the new Russian set. Its not too bad. My price is 1600 for the opening sale price. I'm so wanting to spend some of my SP's, but I can't quite make up my mind. I keep hoping for a good black friday/digital monday thing so I'm tempted to wait. I wasn't around for last years.

I'm definitely hoping for better MMAO today. It wont come up for a couple more hours.
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Ill just buy the build items for around 500sp not into the cloths
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2013
    TheZommbie wrote:
    Ill just buy the build items for around 500sp not into the cloths

I like some of the clothes and some of the build, I'll just wait to acquire them on sale :)
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    albeitSTEPalbeitSTEP Posts: 160 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Question about the Amazon buying: if I bought the world bundle, and I already have Monte Vista, can I download Hidden Springs and gift the MV code to someone? Or do a lottery or something? Or is it one code? I really want Hidden Springs, but I don't want to break any rules by giving away a code.

I'm pretty sure that you get two separate codes. At least, that's the case with some of the other multi-packs. And if I recall correctly, someone else did the same thing, and gave it away or did a lotto. There is no restriction on whom you can give the other code to. In any case, the price of the World Bundle is the same as if you purchased just one of the world packs individually. It's basically 2 for 1.
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited November 2013
    I would wait until next week to buy that Daycare or PC, just in case there is a big sale and the worlds are half off or something. Unless you're in a hurry to get it... I don't see the rush to pay full price otherwise.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Now:
    82 ) Off-Fence 17 / 25 / 32% / 2 hours

Next:
    83 ) Off-Fence Gate
    84 ) Extra Off-Fence Gate
  • Options
    29cats29cats Posts: 140 Member
    edited November 2013
    Just checked out the new Russian set and it leaves me lukewarm......Definatly not a 'must have' for me, more like I'll pick up bits and pieces of it here or there when they are on sale. Some of the clothes are kinda cool. I was surprised they included just a few build items and didn't include the buildings ready made in the set. Especially at the price they are charging for it! :shock:

I'm disappointed that the sale page isn't changing except for the fact that it gives me another week to decide whether or not I want to pick up the Waning Moon set that's on sale. I'm hoarding my simpoints for a big blowout sale hopefully. I'm still on the fence about it even tho I can get it for only 400.

At least I'm feeling better! Called my doctor today (well, spoke to his nurse actually and she spoke to him and got back to me) because I either needed a note to get back to work tonight or get some more time off. I asked for a couple more days just for the fact that it's snowing and blowing here and part of my job is getting out and walking between apartment buildings thruout the nite. (I work graveyard shift at a mentally handicapped facility and my people are spread out into two different apt buildings each in their own apt.) That's all I need.....getting chilled and wet and have a darned setback! She told me that he would let me off work until I went back to see him on Monday. I got 4 more nights off! :shock: :lol: Now I feel kinda guilty......but at least I'll be warm and dry! :D

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Now:
    83 ) Off-Fence Gate / 17 / 25 / 32% / 2 hours :?

Next:
    84 ) Extra Off-Fence Gate / / 25 / / 2 hours
    85 ) Manor Fence / / 25 / /

Hewnsman Outdoor; Full Hewnsman
  • Options
    glenkatkoglenkatko Posts: 885 Member
    edited November 2013
    83 ) Off-Fence Gate / 17 / 25 / 32% / 2 hours

Next:
    84 ) Extra Off-Fence Gate
    85 ) Manor Fence
  • Options
    glenkatkoglenkatko Posts: 885 Member
    edited November 2013
    Last time I looked at Off-Fence, it was up to 64% sold. I guess somebody's still buying this stuff.

I like some of the roof pieces on the new set. Will probably end up getting all the build pieces eventually since they're so different, and I can see a few uses for them. I only like a couple of pieces of clothing. But I'm assuming even though they are coats they will not be tagged for outerwear. I don't think anything sold through the store is, is it? They don't have an outerwear category to sort by, anyway.
  • Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2013
    albeitSTEP wrote:
    Question about the Amazon buying: if I bought the world bundle, and I already have Monte Vista, can I download Hidden Springs and gift the MV code to someone? Or do a lottery or something? Or is it one code? I really want Hidden Springs, but I don't want to break any rules by giving away a code.

I'm pretty sure that you get two separate codes. At least, that's the case with some of the other multi-packs. And if I recall correctly, someone else did the same thing, and gave it away or did a lotto. There is no restriction on whom you can give the other code to. In any case, the price of the World Bundle is the same as if you purchased just one of the world packs individually. It's basically 2 for 1.

They were three different codes-MV, HS and the fountain. Hurrah! I figured it was kind of dumb to pay for just HS, if I could give away a world to somebody. Both the individual worlds and the bundle were 9.99 on Amazon, if anyone needs them. Barnacle Bay is less--$7.50, I think.
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited November 2013
    First the store team opens doors for us and now they are fencing us in....

I guess I just own to much of the store....
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    MolliesDolliesMolliesDollies Posts: 525 Member
    edited November 2013
    albeitSTEP wrote:
    Fellow Deal Hunters:

Sims games/EPs/SPs are on sale at Amazon Digital Download for between 25-50% off (ITF is 25% off!). Also, World Adventures has finally had its regular price adjusted to $19.99 from $29.99 (not that I'm likely to buy it, since I've heard of some serious bugs that were never fixed, and I'll probably rarely use the travel feature). And does anybody know if the 1000SP that were originally offered with WA are still given?

albeit, I bought World Adventures in September, but the code wasn't working right. When I FINALLY got it fixed(after 3 ea advisors and 3 separate calls/chats), I reminded them about the 1000 sp and they credited my balance. So, if you do get WA, and it works, you should get the points or you can contact support and they should credit you.
    Now a proud member of the Own the Store Club!!!
  • Options
    albeitSTEPalbeitSTEP Posts: 160 New Member
    edited November 2013
    albeit, I bought World Adventures in September, but the code wasn't working right. When I FINALLY got it fixed(after 3 ea advisors and 3 separate calls/chats), I reminded them about the 1000 sp and they credited my balance. So, if you do get WA, and it works, you should get the points or you can contact support and they should credit you.

Thank you. I'm still wondering, though: Is WA worth buying? You guys who have had it for a while, do you find yourself using the items/clothes/hairstyles/skills introduced in the EP? Do you have any trouble with WA specific bugs/glitches (i.e. disappearing Sims, the excavating bug, nectary problems, save troubles, etc.)? I'll likely wait to buy it, anyway, until it goes on a 60% sale, at the least.

I'm also unsure about Supernatural. The clothes, hairstyles and items look neat, but I don't really care for the supernatural aspect of the game. Are you able to turn off the new features (moon phases, ZOMBIES, etc.)?
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited November 2013
    Alan -- On the 1st page of this thread, 3rd post down, Adrian put a link to Meg's response on how to stop zombies :D .
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    S0RefinedS0Refined Posts: 121 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wallin wrote:
    I would wait until next week to buy that Daycare or PC, just in case there is a big sale and the worlds are half off or something. Unless you're in a hurry to get it... I don't see the rush to pay full price otherwise.

Yeah, I'm glad to see the TPELC (as I think of it) et al be available for purchase, but I'm definitely holding back on any major purchases until after Thanksgiving just in case.

In MMAO news, I'm pleased to report I nabbed two of those pieces of exclusive content for 0 SP on MMAO last night. (Two offers, each for a single piece of 'exclusive' content for 0 SP.) Hoping more of those pop up tonight, and now that I know that can happen, resolve to hold out for those kinds of offers is running pretty high.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited November 2013
    albeitSTEP wrote:
    I'm also unsure about Supernatural. The clothes, hairstyles and items look neat, but I don't really care for the supernatural aspect of the game. Are you able to turn off the new features (moon phases, ZOMBIES, etc.)?

Supernatural is awesome. I thought I'd hate it and only picked it up as it was $10 on sale. I figured, it was worth it for the world. I was wrong. It turned out to be my favourite EP.

If you get it on sale, you can just use the world and clothes and elixirs etc. You can turn off all the life states except zombies. Those can be turned off by making the lunar cycle static to something other than "full moon."

If you get super bored, like I did one time, I made about 70 witch elixirs and threw them at eveery Sim I saw. It was so cool to see the entire town riding around on brooms.

• Options
    Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    edited November 2013
    I like adventuring in the 3 WA locales, but the bugs getting adventures is very irritating.

You can turn off the moon phases, to eliminate the zombies. I hate the zombies too, so I did that in my game.

If you don't have Generations, there is a WA/Gen bundle and it is usually priced the same as the single older expansions, and I believe it was 7.99 during the 60% off sale.
    albeitSTEP wrote:

Thank you. I'm still wondering, though: Is WA worth buying? You guys who have had it for a while, do you find yourself using the items/clothes/hairstyles/skills introduced in the EP? Do you have any trouble with WA specific bugs/glitches (i.e. disappearing Sims, the excavating bug, nectary problems, save troubles, etc.)? I'll likely wait to buy it, anyway, until it goes on a 60% sale, at the least.

• Options
    S0RefinedS0Refined Posts: 121 Member
    edited November 2013
    Chimark wrote:
    albeitSTEP wrote:

Supernatural is awesome. I thought I'd hate it and only picked it up as it was $10 on sale. I figured, it was worth it for the world. I was wrong. It turned out to be my favourite EP.

If you get it on sale, you can just use the world and clothes and elixirs etc. You can turn off all the life states except zombies. Those can be turned off by making the lunar cycle static to something other than "full moon."

If you get super bored, like I did one time, I made about 70 witch elixirs and threw them at eveery Sim I saw. It was so cool to see the entire town riding around on brooms.

During the full moon, I've never noticed zombies doing anything disruptive other than that they like to eat plants you're growing. (I just fence my gardens in now.) There is an interaction called "Zombie Attack!" that appears over my Sims heads sometimes, but I've never noticed them getting bit or even scared so I don't even know what that means.
  • Options
    Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    edited November 2013
    and i am taking offense at all these fences.
  • Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2013
    ^^At least the fences ARE selling. :) Seems like most of the chairs and curtains sold maybe 10% at best! I am getting the fences myself, since I love build objects more than another lame chair and I don't have the Hewsman stuff, other than the bits I got in the goodie boxes. I hate the doors they have though.
  • Options
    maroonjazzmaroonjazz Posts: 89 New Member
    edited November 2013
    WARNING!!
    The toddler items with Aurora Skies (the playpen and the walker) are both seriously glitched if you've patched your game to 1.63!! Toddlers will become forever stuck floating in the air, not fixable by any cheat, when they max up on any skill in these PC.
    I've sadly lost a few toddlers this way... sniff sniff...
    As much as you want to buy them (and they WERE sooo much fun to use), stay clear until EA fixes them (which may or may not happen since they seem to have given up on fixing things...)