Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Start 15 Nov; 1st Repeat 3 Dec

Comments

• Options
    glenkatkoglenkatko Posts: 885 Member
    edited November 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:
    Surely can't take them 6 days to set up a sale?!

Aw, why not. This is the store that sells out of their stock of digital items. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2013
    The table is not showing as free for me, either, but it is a nice set for the season! I really think we're going to get a foresty/camping world with the stuff they have been throwing our way.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited November 2013
    The table is not showing as free for me, either, but it is a nice set for the season!

Did you sign out-clear history AND caches in browser? Then sign back in?
    That did it for me.

BTW I LOVE the recolor of that lamp on DD, I just bought it (finally).
    I didn't really pay attention before. It's really pretty for the holidays! :mrgreen:
    I'm going to try to change it to metal, from wood, & see if I can make it blend in for Modern futuristic style as well...
  • Options
    JaquaineJaquaine Posts: 140 Member
    edited November 2013
    If the table is not showing for free for you, try logging in and out again. It might take a few tries, but it did eventually show up for me while I was logged in. Also try closing and opening your browser again.
  • Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2013
    Did you sign out-clear history AND caches in browser? Then sign back in?
    That did it for me.

BTW I LOVE the recolor of that lamp on DD, I just bought it (finally).
    I didn't really pay attention before. It's really pretty for the holidays! :mrgreen:
    I'm going to try to change it to metal, from wood, & see if I can make it blend in for Modern futuristic style as well...

I did, but I'm going to try again. Can't give up on free things!

That lamp IS much better in the recolor, isn't it? I think you could make it modern looking with some metal and metallic colors on the glass part. I wonder if Hewnsman suffers from bad advertising more than just ugliness. OH NO! I'm succumbing to DD-itis!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    94 ) Hula Dancer Lamp / 17 / 25 / 32% / 2 hours

Next:
    95 ) Romantique Table Lamp
    96 ) Brass Candelabrum
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,009 Member
    edited November 2013
    That lamp IS much better in the recolor, isn't it? I think you could make it modern looking with some metal and metallic colors on the glass part. I wonder if Hewnsman suffers from bad advertising more than just ugliness. OH NO! I'm succumbing to DD-itis!
    LOL - So we should add "looking at items through rose coloured glasses" as a symptom of DD-itis. Maybe it is more accurate to say re-coloured glasses. I must have that symptom because sets and items that I had no desire to buy when they were released any time between 2009 and 2012 now some how look better and are slowly ending up in my downloads. Hey, I thought of another symptom - bloating. To clarify, that is not physical bloating, but bloating of the downloads file.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited November 2013
    For those not on twitter we got a hint to the world

A secret I’m going to tell
    A city where vintage Sims dwell
    Be the bees knees
    When out with your squeeze
    The next world is going be swell
    — SimGuruSparkle (@SimGuruSparkle) <a href=" 22, 2013</a>
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Also saw this on Twitter.

Kelly Mondragon ‏@SimGuruKelly
    Y'all should be paying attention to @SimGuruCopeland's tweets on Sunday. I've NEVER been so excited about teasing TS3 Store content!

Alan Copeland ‏@SimGuruCopeland
    @SimGuruKelly Can I do a spoiler for an upcoming spoiler?

Kelly Mondragon @SimGuruKelly
    @SimGuruCopeland OK, but NO IMAGES until Sunday night. Maybe give them a little something today though, ya know, to wet their appetite :-)

Alan Copeland @SimGuruCopeland
    @SimGuruKelly So give them something thrilling but ambiguous enough to throw them off track? #ThisIsYourHint
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    angeliii82angeliii82 Posts: 2,042 Member
    edited November 2013
    Jaquaine wrote:
    If the table is not showing for free for you, try logging in and out again. It might take a few tries, but it did eventually show up for me while I was logged in. Also try closing and opening your browser again.

Thank you! Logging out and back in again helped me!
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited November 2013
    Now:
    95 ) Romantique Table Lamp / 17 / 25 / 32% / 2 hours :?

And Next:
    96 ) Brass Candelabrum / / 25 / / 2 hours
    97 ) Light Box / / 25 / /
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited November 2013
    glenkatko wrote:
    @SimGuruCopeland OK, but NO IMAGES until Sunday night. Maybe give them a little something today though, ya know, to wet their appetite :-)

I wish people wouldn't use metaphors if they don't know them.... WHET, not wet! LOL :mrgreen:
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited November 2013
    Jaquaine wrote:
    It looks like the free items this weekend are from the Waning Moon set, which is still on sale.

Maze of Maize Table
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:58003&categoryId=&scategoryId=11517&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=0

Harvest Moon Drum Sculpture
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:58001&categoryId=&scategoryId=11525&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=0

The Maze of Maize Table is only showing for free at the moment if I'm logged out, so I can't actually get it for free. I own the drum so I don't know about that one. Is anyone else having this issue?

Both downloaded easily enough for FREE for me. Hopefully they have sorted the gremlins that some experienced.
  • Options
    GeorgaholicGeorgaholic Posts: 112 Member
    edited November 2013
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    Jaquaine wrote:
    It looks like the free items this weekend are from the Waning Moon set, which is still on sale.

Maze of Maize Table

The Maze of Maize Table is only showing for free at the moment if I'm logged out, so I can't actually get it for free. I own the drum so I don't know about that one. Is anyone else having this issue?

Both downloaded easily enough for FREE for me. Hopefully they have sorted the gremlins that some experienced.

Both worked for me, also. Thanks for the reminder!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    96 ) Brass Candelabrum / 16 / 25 / 36% / 2 hours

Next:
    97 ) Light Box
    98 ) Light Box - Wide
  • Options
    silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited November 2013
    96 ) Brass Candelabrum / 16 / 25 / 36% / 2 hrs

Next up -

97 ) Light Box / 2 hrs
    98 ) Light Box - Wide
  • Options
    NiralynNiralyn Posts: 755 Member
    edited November 2013
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    Jaquaine wrote:

Maze of Maize Table
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:58003&categoryId=&scategoryId=11517&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=0

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:58001&categoryId=&scategoryId=11525&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=0

I noticed the Harvest Moon Drum Sculpture for free on my own and tweeted it. I credited you Jaquaine with posting the Maze of Maize Table when I sent that tweet after checking here.

I already owned the Table, so only the Drum appeared free while I was logged in, and it d/l fine. Can't help with the Table, I'm afraid. That was the first item I bought from the set. :mrgreen:

By the time they post the freebies via the News feed, it will hopefully be fixed so that you can get it. :?
  • Options
    FlashygrrlFlashygrrl Posts: 634 Member
    edited November 2013
    Mommyland wrote:

Be the bees knees

Sounds like a 50's world? Maybe our Sims will learn to swing dance next :P
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited November 2013
    glenkatko wrote:

I wish people wouldn't use metaphors if they don't know them.... WHET, not wet! LOL :mrgreen:

Maybe by a wet appetite they meant a craving for soup :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    OK, hope I'm not boring you with these posts, but here's another.

@SimGuruTatertot
    SO MANY SALES COMING UP! #BlackFriday and #CyberMonday, who's coming to Store? I heard there might be venues...

@michellekenobi
    @SimGuruTatertot Do you think I should go hog wild* on #BlackFriday or hold out for #CyberMonday? *No offense to hogs.

@SimGuruTatertot
    @michellekenobi HMMMMM well it's going to be different stuff on sale, so I would go hog wild on BOTH!
  • Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited November 2013
    Flashygrrl wrote:
    Mommyland wrote:

Be the bees knees

Now that will be fun
  • Options
    silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited November 2013
    Flashygrrl wrote:
    Mommyland wrote:

Be the bees knees

Sounds more like the Art Deco world to me.

97 ) Light Box / 15 / 25 / 40% / 2 hrs

Next up -

98 ) Light Box - Wide / 2 hrs
    99 ) Poetic Justice Wall Sconce
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited November 2013
    glenkatko wrote:

@SimGuruTatertot
    SO MANY SALES COMING UP! #BlackFriday and #CyberMonday, who's coming to Store? I heard there might be venues...

@michellekenobi
    @SimGuruTatertot Do you think I should go hog wild* on #BlackFriday or hold out for #CyberMonday? *No offense to hogs.

@SimGuruTatertot
    @michellekenobi HMMMMM well it's going to be different stuff on sale, so I would go hog wild on BOTH!

So that pretty much confirms it... a little bit disappointing they specifically mention venues since it could eliminate the possibility of world sales, but there are still quite a few venues I'm missing anyway, so that's potentially awesome news :mrgreen:

I guess I should get ready and figure out which ones I'm missing to put them on my wishlist.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited November 2013
    glenkatko wrote:

@SimGuruTatertot

@michellekenobi

@SimGuruTatertot

I am enjoying your posts actually. :mrgreen: It is very helpful, and now I have something to look forward to. I still need a lot of the venues, so a venue sell would make me happy.
  • Options
    Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    edited November 2013
    i hope when they say amazing venue sale they are thinking over 50% off! the more % off, the merrier! ;)