Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Start 15 Nov; 1st Repeat 3 Dec

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2013
    I wished they had just fixed the goodie box coding, because those were like crack to me and I got some nice stuff. MMAO is not working for me at all.
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited November 2013
    MMAO has largely been guff to me. One great deal that included the sauna from Sunlit Tides and some CaS, 42% off.

The rest have been random CaS items. I never even think about CaS items for my game yet have been offered a hell of a lot of them in MMAO. So I don't buy the idea that they are offering things you are interested in.

As for the DD, I have bought a Tiki chair and counter so that in the future I can CYS one of the sets. But overall not even remotely tempted.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited November 2013
    S0Refined wrote:
    During the full moon, I've never noticed zombies doing anything disruptive other than that they like to eat plants you're growing. (I just fence my gardens in now.) There is an interaction called "Zombie Attack!" that appears over my Sims heads sometimes, but I've never noticed them getting bit or even scared so I don't even know what that means.

Actually zombies are not a life state but a condition. You get a moodlet called "zombiefied" (Or something similar) and it last two Sim days. Zombies will not attack toddlers or children. You can cure yourself with an elixir.

You only get two options to interact with a zombie. One is "Braaains" which will make the Zombie almost certainly to attack you, the other is "Ahh" which just lowers the relationship.

Witches can also resurrect Sims as zombies. And if you eat the food "Brain Freeze Ala Mode," you might turn into a zombie too, but not always.

The main thing the zombies do, besides annoy you, (I personally find deer and raccoon far more annoying) is to destroy your garden. I think EA owns the "Plants versus Zombies" game, so it's kind of an inside joke, I guess.

The pea shooter comes with the Supernatural Limited edition. It's kind of cool, if you can pick up the limited edition still. It will defend your garden from zombie attacks and if it hits the zombies may turn them to a "normal" state.
  • Options
    silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited November 2013
    88 ) Once Upon a Glowy Glow Glowlamp / 16 / 25 / 36% / 2 hrs

Next up -

89 ) Lantern / 2 hrs
    90 ) Trapezoid Floor Lamp
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited November 2013
    Well, I see the daily deal was gimped to draw more attention towards their new plaything, MMAO. Not interested in that feature at all. I have no interest in paying thousands to "own the store", only in specific sets and venues, so I'll wait for them on some better DD where I only pay for what I want, not some random items thrown in that I dont care for.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited November 2013
    albeitSTEP wrote:
    Bohemian Dress at 75 SP (but is free, as part of the JCPenney set; I didn't think to check before purchasing...*grumble*)

At least the Bohemian Dress comes with three matching floral patterns, if that makes you feel better. I have both this one and the JCPenney set, but I always install this one because of the patterns. I like them because they're a set of three patterns in different sizes.

Still, those MMAO offers can end up costing you a lot - I almost fell for one that gave me a set for 30% off that I can actually get for only 200 points on CYS. I'm so glad I chose to check the CYS page first, I hadn't realised somebody had gifted me three items from this set and knocked the price wayyy down.

Was there actually any item on this DD list so far that was made after 2010, by the way? It seems all Hewnsman, Bayside, etc. to me... Great if you don't have those sets, but on the other hand, if you don't have them by now, maybe it's because you didn't fancy them in the first place?
  • Options
    silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited November 2013
    89 ) Lantern / 14 / 25 / 44% / 2 hrs

Next up -

90 ) Trapezoid Floor Lamp /2 hrs
    91 ) Brassworks Torchiere
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited November 2013
    KarinL wrote:
    albeitSTEP wrote:
    Bohemian Dress at 75 SP (but is free, as part of the JCPenney set; I didn't think to check before purchasing...*grumble*)

At least the Bohemian Dress comes with three matching floral patterns, if that makes you feel better. I have both this one and the JCPenney set, but I always install this one because of the patterns. I like them because they're a set of three patterns in different sizes.

Still, those MMAO offers can end up costing you a lot - I almost fell for one that gave me a set for 30% off that I can actually get for only 200 points on CYS. I'm so glad I chose to check the CYS page first, I hadn't realised somebody had gifted me three items from this set and knocked the price wayyy down.

Was there actually any item on this DD list so far that was made after 2010, by the way? It seems all Hewnsman, Bayside, etc. to me... Great if you don't have those sets, but on the other hand, if you don't have them by now, maybe it's because you didn't fancy them in the first place?
    Everything in DD is from 2009 collection...

Nov 2012 Power Daily Deal Announcement
    Almost can't resist to bump the thread :lol:
    If you want to suggest some names for any upcoming store worlds, I made a thread here :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited November 2013
    I wish we had some great deals like that. Or just ONE big surprise. This is all bland and boring...

Anyway:

92. Alas, a Lamp

I couldn't have put it better myself...
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited November 2013
    Now:
    90 ) Trapezoid Floor Lamp / 16 / 25 / 36% / 2 hours :?

Next:
    91 ) Brassworks Torchiere / / 25 / / 2 hours
    92 ) Alas, a Lamp / / 25 / /

• Options
    arqmodernoarqmoderno Posts: 174 Member
    edited November 2013
    Uau! ...that November 2012 power DD! we deserve something like that, now...!!! :D
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited November 2013
    KarinL wrote:
    I wish we had some great deals like that. Or just ONE big surprise. This is all bland and boring...

Anyway:

92. Alas, a Lamp

I couldn't have put it better myself...

Perfectamundo!
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited November 2013
    91 ) Brassworks Torchiere 14/25 44% 2 hours
    Full bayside
    Bayside bathroom set
    Best of 2010 collection

Up next
    92 ) Alas, a lamp ?/25 2 hours
    Full storybook set
    Storybook bathroom set
    Storybook bedroom set
    Storybook living room set
    Make a wish compilation

93 ) Trapezoid table lamp
    Hewnsman living room set
    Hewnsman bedroom set
    Full Hewnsman set
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    From the BF/CM thread in this forum:
    There has been a hint about Origin having a Black Friday sale this year.

http://simsvip.com/2013/11/22/black-friday-origin-hint-whats-come/#respond-sys
    I can’t tell you much yet, but I can say we’re going to have one heck of a Black Friday Sale in 2013. There are new releases on sale, hot deals on favorites and an online community vote that'll give you the power to chop a video game's price to pocket change.
    Unfortunately the Origin site realises that I am not American and so I cannot see the original news article :evil:

This had better not be a US only sale or "there will be blood"! :hunf:

* To be fair, most Origin sales are world-wide though they sometimes use different names for the promotion ...
  • Options
    OnlyCarolineOnlyCaroline Posts: 187
    edited November 2013
    Oh man, it's been a long time since I posted here. Hey everyone! Guess who is doubly employed! And exhausted!

This is the first day I've been able to play in weeks.
  • Options
    glenkatkoglenkatko Posts: 885 Member
    edited November 2013
    92 ) Alas, a Lamp / 16 / 25/ 36% / 2 hours

Next:
    93 ) Trapezoid Table Lamp
    94 ) Hula Dancer Lamp
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:

I can’t tell you much yet, but I can say we’re going to have one heck of a Black Friday Sale in 2013. There are new releases on sale, hot deals on favorites and an online community vote that'll give you the power to chop a video game's price to pocket change.
    Unfortunately the Origin site realises that I am not American and so I cannot see the original news article :evil:

This had better not be a US only sale or "there will be blood"! :hunf:

* To be fair, most Origin sales are world-wide though they sometimes use different names for the promotion ...

I can't access the Origin site at all today. Maybe they're setting up? :mrgreen:

But I saw this exchange on Twitter today, which gives me hope:

Lucygirl5 ‏@Lucygirl1928
    @SimGuruTatertot any store points sale on Black Friday??! PLEASE say yes!!

SimGuruTatertot ‏@SimGuruTatertot
    @Lucygirl1928 YES! It's going to be AMAZING this year :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    glenkatko wrote:
    ajaxpost wrote:

I can't access the Origin site at all today. Maybe they're setting up? :mrgreen:

Lucygirl5 ‏@Lucygirl1928

Surely can't take them 6 days to set up a sale?!

An Origin sale is good, but there isn't much left there that I want so hearing about a Store sale is GREAT news - especially if there's a good Simpoints sale as well!

Oh yeah! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited November 2013
    glenkatko wrote:

Lucygirl5 ‏@Lucygirl1928

Thank goodness, we could really use an amazing sale right now, and this coupled with the emancipation of the Toddler venue has renewed my faith. Puts away the pitchfork and starts sprinkling little pink hearts around the forum. :)
  • Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2013
    So many lamps now...I predict next-another lamp! I am really thrilled that they are saying it'll be a great sale (though I guess that's all they can say, right? It would be weird if the response was "Nah. It's a cruddy sale this year.") :)

Has anyone seen the free thing for this weekend yet? No Thanksgiving set, I guess. I was hoping for some decorative fall stuff, or maybe another Hanukkah set, since it starts basically on Thanksgiving this year! Dreidels for kids, latke recipes? I wouldn't mind more Xmas stuff either.
  • Options
    JaquaineJaquaine Posts: 140 Member
    edited November 2013
    It looks like the free items this weekend are from the Waning Moon set, which is still on sale.

Maze of Maize Table
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:58003&categoryId=&scategoryId=11517&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=0

Harvest Moon Drum Sculpture
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:58001&categoryId=&scategoryId=11525&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=0

The Maze of Maize Table is only showing for free at the moment if I'm logged out, so I can't actually get it for free. I own the drum so I don't know about that one. Is anyone else having this issue?
  • Options
    OnlyCarolineOnlyCaroline Posts: 187
    edited November 2013
    I'm having the same trouble with the table, but the drum sculpture I was able to get for free, just fine.
  • Options
    angeliii82angeliii82 Posts: 2,042 Member
    edited November 2013
    Jaquaine wrote:
    It looks like the free items this weekend are from the Waning Moon set, which is still on sale.

Maze of Maize Table
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:58003&categoryId=&scategoryId=11517&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=0

Harvest Moon Drum Sculpture
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:58001&categoryId=&scategoryId=11525&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=0

The Maze of Maize Table is only showing for free at the moment if I'm logged out, so I can't actually get it for free. I own the drum so I don't know about that one. Is anyone else having this issue?

The drum sculpture came up for free for me, so thank you for that! But for some reason the table is not a freebie for me, it's coming up as 35sp.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited November 2013
    And I just bought the drum sculpture a few days ago, lol!
    But I still wanted that little table.

Edit: It JUST showed as free :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    93 ) Trapezoid Table Lamp / 15 / 25 / 40% / 2 hours

Next:
    94 ) Hula Dancer Lamp
    95 ) Romantique Table Lamp