Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Morale is Rock Bottom? How do you feel about the state of the Sims

167891012...Next

Comments

• Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve
    The Sims 4 is an annoying broken mess. Same with the EA app they force us to use.

The Sims 4 sims are the dumbest, most boring, most generic sims of every Sims game. Their "emotions" are a joke.
    My beloved husband just died? Oh, but the room is nicely decorated, so I´m really happy right now. Said husband betrayed me in front of me? Oh, but the room is nicely decorated, so... But, oh! I suddenly have a fear of the dark! That really concerns me! Can´t do anything in this brightly lit room!
    Also! My infant is starving in front of me! I have just interupted my painting for the umptieth time to check on them, but now I´m just standing here, smiling stupidly!

Seriously, the thing that absolutely drives me insane, is my sims NOT DOING WHAT THEY ARE TOLD. You absolutely cannot give a sim a queue and then leave them on their own, they will drop their tasks every. single. time. To get a glass of water. To play on their phone. To check on the toddler. Not doing anything about it, just checking. To chat, chat, chat with each other, drawing out a simple task like eating endlessly. With a full social bar. While still having to use the toilet and shower before work. Argh.
    To cite any random Sims 4 youtuber: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
    Playing with high or low autonomy doesn´t seem to make any real difference.

And it´s just getting worse and worse. I stopped buying any packs after parenthood (and skipped some, like wedding stories and most of the kits), but watching youtubers, new packs are just broken. As are the old packs, but well, the new ones seem to be more broken. And bug fixes just unearth new bugs. Or old bugs. Different bugs. You can´t even tell anymore, what is intended and what isn´t. Like, I played my fully updated game yesterday, after not having played for a while, and every single sim now constantly whips out their phone to look at it. Is that intended? Are all of my sims suddenly impolite phone addicted nincompoops? I don´t want that! It was bad before, now it is worse!

And the EA app. Oh, the EA app. I never had any problems with origin. Never. Now I have an ugly app that behaves like malware, tries to force me to be online all the time, or just plain doesn´t work.
    I mean, I mainly play Sims 3 anyway, which is completly installed on my pc from discs. I don´t need to go online, and running Windows 8 on it, which doesn´t get updates anymore, I don´t really want to, if it isn´t strictly necessary.

Seeing what is planned for Sims 5 (or project René, whatever), I don´t have any hope, that we will be getting anything I want to play. It´s really kind of sad.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited February 11
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    The Sims 4 is an annoying broken mess. Same with the EA app they force us to use.

The Sims 4 sims are the dumbest, most boring, most generic sims of every Sims game. Their "emotions" are a joke.
    My beloved husband just died? Oh, but the room is nicely decorated, so I´m really happy right now. Said husband betrayed me in front of me? Oh, but the room is nicely decorated, so... But, oh! I suddenly have a fear of the dark! That really concerns me! Can´t do anything in this brightly lit room!
    Also! My infant is starving in front of me! I have just interupted my painting for the umptieth time to check on them, but now I´m just standing here, smiling stupidly!

Yep: Sims 5 needs to "hard code" specific event triggers: death, being caught cheating, public woohoo, fight, marriage, birthday, etc. These cancel every autonomous interaction and force the sims to actually react to and acknowledge the events.

What I hate about each reboot, Sims 3 onward, is that they don't rebuild off the existing programming and algorithms that determine how the Sims "feel" to play in Live Mode. Each reinvention of the wheel inevitably causes missing features to fall through the cracks.
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve
    To further unsweeten the deal, the phone addiction was supposedly cured however many updates ago. Seems to have gotten worse since. Totally with you on your laments.
  • Options
    Perti23Perti23 Posts: 61 Member
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    Currently playing again after buying the Horse Ranch pack (worth it, got horses, sleeping bags, some good ol' furniture, nectar and those haycarpets where my Werewolf is gonna sleep). Game's okay for me now. The only things I really want now is Fairies and for them to fix the 'only 3 Sims in a household will celebrate holidays' bug.

omg so thats what that is. i thought one of my sims was just glitched, didn't realize this was a known bug.

Same! I hope it will get fixed soon.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,401 Member
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    Let's see what happens with the shopping cart button.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 9
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    I'm still positive and confident about the future of The Sims 4 in term of content.

EP13 Growing Together (Family Dynamic, Social Compatibility and Self Discovery), EP15 For Rent (Apartment system) and Maxis Europe's Stuff Packs are positive things for the game.

My only regret is the recent worlds are not designed the same way as Mt. Komorebi, San Myshuno or Henford-on-Bagley as vibrant worlds.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top