Never met your online BFF but want to? Share your story with us here for a chance to win an all-expenses paid, meet up with your BFF IRL.
The Sims 4 will be FREE to download across PC/Mac & Consoles on October 18! More info here: here
September 23rd- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Morale is Rock Bottom? How do you feel about the state of the Sims

14567810...Next

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 13,500 Member
    edited September 18
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    The game engine is a big part of the problem

The engine ... No matter the technology it doesn't stop humans to make mistakes and rush job.

Basic 3D

1twnfouq5a7j.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 51 Member
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    I played in 2017-2019 consistently and had a blast and got all the PS4 trophies. I came back end of 2021 and bought more packs and I’m honestly really enjoying it. I just played a honeymooners scenario in Batuu and guess what, had tons of fun despite all the negativity I read 😁.

However.. I have seen bugs in content that used to work for me. And there’s definitely moments where I think they could have done better. Like the school.. c’mon EA, should look much better and have more to do. Sims is one of the biggest franchise in gaming and average doesn’t really cut it.

I would like them to try to make all of their packs get 10/10 reviews. Even if they don’t always hit that. Like when designing the prom fairground I think instead of thinking “this can be a rabbit hole” they should think “what if we make the sims go on the ride”. This is the little extra things they should do to keep people happy.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 51 Member
    > @ncisGibbs02 said:
    > Minor bugs are just as annoying as larger ones 😡. It’s immersion breaking at points. Sims walking into houses uninvited. Routing issues. Flirting is still an issue, you have to go into every Sim to set romance parameters.
    > New packs and patches causing issues. I spend more time repairing the game than playing it! 🤦🏼‍♂️😩
    >
    > With more testing glitches would be spotted and corrected before a pack is released.
    > You wouldn’t buy a jumper with a hole in it and the shop said, bring it back next month when we get more material.
    > You wouldn’t pay a cinema ticket and they only showed half the film and you pay £4.99 to get the ending a week later.
    >
    > The pandemic has caused a lot of issues for everyone. It’s how you manage that’s the key. Perhaps they have too many games to monitor.
    >
    > Also I do think they should test new packs with all the others not just the base game when they come out. The spaghetti code is a big problem.

A big problem with testing is odd things break. Like a festival from city living. Or the drama club teen after school activity from Get Famous.

When you’re playing and don’t get your reward from levelling the drama club it really really sucks.

But I can understand that EA’s testers aren’t going to be playing every single stage of every previous bit of content to make sure it still works okay.

I do wish they reacted faster to bug reports made to them though. One regarding toddler traits is still a problem and they’ve had open reports for a while.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 13,500 Member
    edited September 24
    Maxis is doing their best to keep it stable ... but it's a big challenge with all these packs.

The Sims true form

b663f010.jpg

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on