Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Morale is Rock Bottom? How do you feel about the state of the Sims

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited September 2022
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    The game engine is a big part of the problem

The engine ... No matter the technology it doesn't stop humans to make mistakes and rush job.

Basic 3D

1twnfouq5a7j.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    I played in 2017-2019 consistently and had a blast and got all the PS4 trophies. I came back end of 2021 and bought more packs and I’m honestly really enjoying it. I just played a honeymooners scenario in Batuu and guess what, had tons of fun despite all the negativity I read 😁.

However.. I have seen bugs in content that used to work for me. And there’s definitely moments where I think they could have done better. Like the school.. c’mon EA, should look much better and have more to do. Sims is one of the biggest franchise in gaming and average doesn’t really cut it.

I would like them to try to make all of their packs get 10/10 reviews. Even if they don’t always hit that. Like when designing the prom fairground I think instead of thinking β€œthis can be a rabbit hole” they should think β€œwhat if we make the sims go on the ride”. This is the little extra things they should do to keep people happy.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    > @ncisGibbs02 said:
    > Minor bugs are just as annoying as larger ones 😑. It’s immersion breaking at points. Sims walking into houses uninvited. Routing issues. Flirting is still an issue, you have to go into every Sim to set romance parameters.
    > New packs and patches causing issues. I spend more time repairing the game than playing it! πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸ˜©
    >
    > With more testing glitches would be spotted and corrected before a pack is released.
    > You wouldn’t buy a jumper with a hole in it and the shop said, bring it back next month when we get more material.
    > You wouldn’t pay a cinema ticket and they only showed half the film and you pay Β£4.99 to get the ending a week later.
    >
    > The pandemic has caused a lot of issues for everyone. It’s how you manage that’s the key. Perhaps they have too many games to monitor.
    >
    > Also I do think they should test new packs with all the others not just the base game when they come out. The spaghetti code is a big problem.

A big problem with testing is odd things break. Like a festival from city living. Or the drama club teen after school activity from Get Famous.

When you’re playing and don’t get your reward from levelling the drama club it really really sucks.

But I can understand that EA’s testers aren’t going to be playing every single stage of every previous bit of content to make sure it still works okay.

I do wish they reacted faster to bug reports made to them though. One regarding toddler traits is still a problem and they’ve had open reports for a while.
    edited September 2022
    Maxis is doing their best to keep it stable ... but it's a big challenge with all these packs.

The Sims true form

b663f010.jpg

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve
    Reminds e of the 'Don't Wake the Llama' game. Problem is, as soon as we start playing TS4 the sticks start coming out.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited October 2022
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    From Low to Rock Bottom now, after HSY.
    I have yet to see the Sims Summit yet.
    2 hours to go.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    The only things that keeps me from very happy are the bugs in the game. IF they fix those, then I would really enjoy the game much more!
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I'm an unwavering supporter of EA and the Sims. I'm extremely satisfied right now
    I'm real happy with Maxis after seeing the event yesterday. I think it's cool they are giving 4 away, that they are making more expansions and I'm totally psyched about Project Rene. If that is ts5 and it is able to be a single player game, then I'm all in. If it turns out it's merely a mobile game or something other than PC, then I will be disappointed. But for now, I'm with them.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I feel "meh" right now. I'm neither dissatisfied or satisfied with The Sims franchise
    I still play TS2 and with all the 3t2 and 4t2 CC, I've been able to expand my TS2 gameplay. I'm happy that TS5 is on the way, because TS4 sims are boring, but I still play the game and buy the packs because the gameplay itself is interesting. I will not be an early adopter for TS5 the way I was for TS4 as early adoption almost killed my entire love for this franchise. I don't think I can go through this again and still be a fan. After Parenthood came out, I started to support TS4, but leaving out a lifestage... I still don't trust EA after they did that. Just grateful that I can still appreciate this fandom thanks to them making things right again.
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    My opinion of The Sims has been quite low since the release of TS4. I've barely even tocuhed the game - the pre-release press releases were more than enough to convince me to wait untio they update the game to be on par wiht past iterations. To this day, I still don't have much reason to move over. I play TS1-3 ocaisionally, but I think I've largely divorced myself from The Sims. I really couldn't care less about any new Sims releases.
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve
    I decline to be taken in by their recent razzle-dazzle dog and pony show. Actions speak louder than hype, so until they take serious and steady action to address the many - often almost as old as the game - issues, I'm done with getting anything more.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited November 2022
    I'm very concerned business heads of EA will overrule the creative direction of the game in the hopes of competing with games like Roblox, Animal Crossing, Disney Dreamlight Valley, and Fortnite.
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • HyawehHyaweh Posts: 36 Member
    edited November 2022
    I may be an optimistic person but actually I think lately the game is getting better and better. Since the poll some years ago, we've seen a lot of improvements. What It lacks now to be a really great game for me is family oriented gameplay. I, somehow, sense that it will came in 2023 with infants, and possibly a generation pack.

Tho, I'm not entirely satisfied. I wish that teenagers would be shorter and kids would be more childish and playing around TOGETHER. After some years, I still feel like the sims are living next to each other and not together. Even if it's better now for adults and teenagers, all the other life stage are still forgotten in the gameplay.

I'm lucky enough to not have bugs which prevent me to play BUT I agree with a lot of people that we need a serious cleaning of the game and releasing gamepack not fonctionning was a big shame.
    Sorry for my English, I'm French.
  • StreicherStreicher Posts: 31 Member
    Become so addicted to the Sims 4 took me a bit by surprise but I have thoroughly enjoyed it the past 2 years. I mainly build so the gameplay elements don't really impact me much and the only thing that is a minor irritation is the round walls issues and I would love more of an open world but honestly, this game has brought out a creative side in me that I never knew I had, so I'm loving it.
    Made a discovery today while updating my pack list. In 2021there were 12 DLC releases, 1 each of EP, GP, and SP while the other 9 were kits. This year to date has had 11 DLC releases, 1 EP, 2 GP, and 8 kits. The EP and 1 GP were released in a broken condition. EA's smiling hucksters can bleat all they want, but the figures tell a different story. TS4 has, for 2 years, been the "Oh, yeah, that one..." game. We've gotten crumbs while the resources go elsewhere, and not necessarily to Renee.
  • DivorcedMarySueDivorcedMarySue Posts: 7 New Member
    Pse-TS4 I used to feel like TS is the most ambitious game series ever, I was in awe of how developers implemented the most amazing stuff in TS2 and TS3. I dreamed of what TS could be when technologies would improve even further, but at some point it just started going backwards. I hope sims will have their renaissance, but years go by and I see nothing that would inspire hope in me. For me, sims went from masterpiece to a constant "well, I suppose everyone makes mistakes, can't be too harsh about it" like it's some kind of student project.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    How are we thinking lately? New Rene news, but also the free-to-enter job posting...

I'm feeling pretty decent because nothing in the job posting suggested a subscription fee is inevitable. But I know others feel different.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited June 2023
    I'm feeling like this ⬆ since I saw the first screens of Sims 4.
    And it only got worse over the years. They are never going to change for the better. And the sims summit only confirmed this for me.
    Gladly there are strong competitors (live by you, alter life, paralives) and I so hope they get their πŸ‘ kicked ;)
    And they really should take a look at this poll! Over 50% morale low\rock bottom!
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    With Growing together, infants and the new horse expansion announced, I think things are looking up for them. More good will can be seen than when this poll was first done, which I believe was right after My Wedding Stories came out I believe, which was one of the lowest points in the game, what with the bugs and the whole issue with them saying they weren't releasing in Russia at the time. Lots of good will lost at that time. Wonder how it would fair now if the poll was just released.
    There might be some difference, but the past foul ups are still present in memories and experience and we hve new ones to add to the discontent. The EAapp is still a mess, the degree depending on the victim. There is still a lot of uncertainty about Renee regarding just about everything. Not everyone grooves on werewolves, rug rats, or horses, and the kits continue to be ho-hum (at least for me). Horse Ranch is not out yet, so no telling if it will be good or another MWS fiasco. I'm still where I was. EA needs to so some serious good for everybody work on the game and its support structure. The app and game de-lousing are good places to start.
    edited July 2023
    At the level of The Sims 4, I didn't change my mind. Maxis keeps on adding interesting things to the game.

At the level of The Sims franchise, my morale is low.
    The franchise is still very far of its full potential, it's underestimated.

Minecraft has become more popular than The Sims franchise in less time.
    It's also too focused on US/English players, it doesn't sell that much outside US territory.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I feel "meh" right now. I'm neither dissatisfied or satisfied with The Sims franchise
    I've been fairly meh since the release of Sims 4 - didn't even really play until toddlers. And while they have done some things well (toddlers and infants) most of the content is just a rehash, so it feels very ssdd to me. I don't think I've been excited for a single pack, honestly - even if the theme was exciting, the execution left much to be desired. I do play, and have lots of hours in Sims 4, but the limitations are getting to me. Might be time to go back to Sims 2...
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    There's a few bugs that don't effect me too much and I'd love to see preschoolers and preteens added but I'm pretty happy with it how it is. I'll likely stick with sims 4 even after 5 comes out as I really enjoy it and don't feel the need for a replacement.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    I haven't played the game in years as I've had it with years of EA putting out a rushed product resulting in poor quality and insufficient content imo. I've seen enough over the last several years to sadly come to the conclusion that there just isn't going to be significant improvement. Just the continual quick money grab scheme with the result being production of content that severely lacks in quality and content.

I'd love for EA to prove me wrong, but it's been going on for too long now and I just don't see it happening. :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top