Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Morale is Rock Bottom? How do you feel about the state of the Sims

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve
    Still play on occasion but it is increasingly frustrating as the game gets slower and the bugs more abundant. A major complaint is that Seasons is not installed yet the plants revert to dirt piles as though it was. The app is in a state of constant brokenness, both when trying to launch a game and a guaranteed crash if a game actually does launch. Not gotten new content for years, partly because what they've been dishing out is not of interest, partly because it's broken, mostly because I've no desire to support a company that cares only about milking customers for every bit of $ they can. Actions speak louder than hype, and the actions for the past several years have been abysmal.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve
    Checking my original vote I have less hope for this game than ever Horse Ranch was a complete breaking point for me. I really don't expect much for this game at all even when highly requested features for personalities come they do nothing come with zero new animations or trait specific behaviors. Now horses a tiny world and wine making is called an expansion pack there not a single new object not tied to horses or wine making its a pack of recolors is there not a single activity new activity they could think of to make this new world unique what difference does the country bar have from a base game bar 9 years ago the answer nothing when Horse Ranch which world added yet again a bar did nothing besides a dance where's the pool table where's the bull machine where's anything new decor is not game play or expanding it's set dressing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,140 Member
    I feel "meh" right now. I'm neither dissatisfied or satisfied with The Sims franchise
    Viva La Sims 4 forever! :pB);)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited August 2023
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    I wish to change my mind to Meh!

I like creating horses, houses and Sims but that's all. I've given up playing the game entirely. It's all too big and complicated and a right mess. Too much is set up in the new packs already and no room for builders unless you delete the specially created lots. I lose patience.

It also crashes if I want to send my Sims out into other worlds from the Ranch even though I've got a good gaming computer.

Creating new Sims is a long winded chore and bringing old favourites from older Saves is even worse as even my families change colour and sex and bias in some cases. Not on.

I won't be buying any new Sims. I'll leave it to the 13 year olds. They might understand it.

• Options
    iamnewgeekiamnewgeek Posts: 16 Member
    My morale is rock bottom. Did they ever fix that gardening glitch? I'm 73 and have been playing Sims since day 1. On my old PC I was forced to install the EA app. Just got a new one and now I can't load up any of my Sims 3 add-ons. Tried all the fixes...nothing works. Very frustrating and a big waste. And they will never ever fix it. EA is not getting another simoleon from me.
  • Options
    If you mean the one where plants turn into dirt piles, no. I don't have Seasons installed and most of my plants, even trees, are dirt piles. For those that are actually plants, they turn into dirt piles as soon as I weed/water/fertilize them. Woe if the plant was ready to harvest but that wasn't done first. The brokenness of the game seems endless, yet all EA does is pump out powder puff kits.
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    I'm fine with the sims, I don't have any problems with it as a game. EA is supposedly a terrible company to work for. It's been voted the worst company in America more than once. So I couldn't vote that I'm an unwavering supporter of EA. But Sims 4, no problems with that.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    I had some kind of hope for Sims 5, but the Behind the Sims today really killed that. Between the hints about microtransactions (winter sports, seriously?), "free to download" scam idea (no game is actually so altruistic they just want to give it away. They will nickel and dime or insert ads as every other free game does.), and the clear move toward the tween set, welp...it's probably not going to be for me. I have Sims 3 (and Medieval, 1, 2), there are competitors coming out, I am happy there. Sometimes, you've just got to stick with what you love.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited November 2023
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    With so many life simulation games out in 2024 and beyond, I'm feeling ambivalent about the Sims Franchise. I'm not frustrated, nor am I happy. There haven't been substantial Project Rene reveals to get me excited.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member
    I am still enjoying Sims 4 and am super excited about the upcoming expansion for rent. I have no game breaking bugs, my plants have stopped reverting to dirt piles and horses have really made a big difference in my gameplay, I love them. I can't wait for more. The other life simulators coming out seem okay, but none really catch my eye enough to be excited about them. I will try Rene, since it will be free to download, but not sure how much I will like it with it splitting it's resources between single player and multiplayer, I will have to wait and see how they do it before deciding on that.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Eh, I don't think my answer would be entirely summarized by one response. I think the game has obviously gone into being a cash cow and maybe it always was. I do think that a lot of other games out there follow a similar trajectory though, often with less features or much uglier UI and graphics. I think it's a really fun concept and it is a AAA game especially when you compare it to some of the indie stuff out there. Plenty of them release broken content and get mediocre reviews. I've read about scams from competitor products and some studios haven't updated titles in years so there are a lot of legacy games out there with older graphics. I've played a few and mostly looked at and passed on the majority. Some speculative products are still speculative.

I do think the team should seriously work on the bugs in the game because that is very important and sets apart the top games from the rest. The Sims concept is really very expansive and offers a lot of flexibility so that it's not just a simple game about grinding or simple repetitive tasks. In the simulation category, it does stand out. They just need to have pride in the concept because bugs reflect poorly on the brand but at least they work on them. Some studios really don't.

I do like being able to play it and to take breaks but the content is still there even when the platform changed. I think it's still fun and if you like the type of game that it is then it is really great. I do so that means I tend to come back. I also understand that they need to attract new players. I've personally got zero interest in multiplayer though I know others do. I don't have an opinion yet on Project Rene and I don't think I will until it finishes. I've had a lot of fun with the series and other than the issues with bugs, I think TS4 is a lot of fun. I'm kind of glad that they didn't switch the format so quickly and push for repurchasing the same packs on a new platform too quickly.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I have always been a strong supporter of the Sims franchise and that hasn't really changed. Compared to previous versions there is A LOT of other consent linked to the sims for, live streams, podcasts, cc and mods, etc. Unpopular opinion, I like the fact that the houses are usually not overly furnished and that the storylines are not prewritten to any deep extent. The Sims is a tool for creation, my creation. I like that I have the freedom to create my stories or, if I feel up to it, doing a challenge or a scenario. With 5 I hope they add more animations, and character interactions but otherwise, I hoped they don't change a thing.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Currently playing again after buying the Horse Ranch pack (worth it, got horses, sleeping bags, some good ol' furniture, nectar and those haycarpets where my Werewolf is gonna sleep). Game's okay for me now. The only things I really want now is Fairies and for them to fix the 'only 3 Sims in a household will celebrate holidays' bug.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Currently playing again after buying the Horse Ranch pack (worth it, got horses, sleeping bags, some good ol' furniture, nectar and those haycarpets where my Werewolf is gonna sleep). Game's okay for me now. The only things I really want now is Fairies and for them to fix the 'only 3 Sims in a household will celebrate holidays' bug.

omg so thats what that is. i thought one of my sims was just glitched, didn't realize this was a known bug.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »

omg so thats what that is. i thought one of my sims was just glitched, didn't realize this was a known bug.
    Checked, and got the impression it showed up for people after a Halloween update.
    I've yet to determine if it's only the first three Sims you create, or the three oldest ones that will celebrate.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited December 2023
    I feel more up beat.I mean I accept Sims 4 is what us.I am interested in Renee and I want some more packs.
  • Options
    Still need a submarine to visit my gaming morale. Yes, it is what it is. A pretty but still mired in its Olympus origins failure to deliver on the original promises. The sims are still dumber than the earlier ones, the app is still a pain in the fantail, the new releases still have little to no interest, the bugs are still bugging. Still, it is useful for when one is burnt out toast at the end of the workday and something ultra mild is needed to just plain chill.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited December 2023
    Still need a submarine to visit my gaming morale.

Whenever I see your profile picture, I know I'm about to get a nugget like this line.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    I can't remember what I voted but it was probably low morale :D I still kind of feel the same. I can tell the devs are trying to make improvements, but idk if it's TS4 itself that makes it all fall flat still. I think this game really needs a new commercial lot type to change things up from feeling stale and repetitive. Like the new rental residentials with the landlord career seem nice to add, but I don't think they were a necessity or top priority at this point- unless they are the basis for giving us multi-purpose commercial lots next, then I'd understand.

Like even if it wasn't a hotels EP, we really need new commercial lots, and not like the rec centers. Those just combine lots we already have, they don't actually add anything completely new and fresh. The point I'm getting to is the gameplay is stale. It's too repetitive and sims have barely any hobbies besides like knitting, cross-stitch, and painting. We either need a pack that gives us a completely new lot type with new functional objects, or we need a hobbies pack. A hobbies GP could be perfect because it wouldn't need a world and they can focus on the pack type AKA gameplay.
  • Options
    EneroDesyembreEneroDesyembre Posts: 64 Member
    edited December 2023
    I feel "meh" right now. I'm neither dissatisfied or satisfied with The Sims franchise
    Seeing super intricate custom ts3 worlds make me really sad that 4 doesn't have any sort of technology like that. Something like it would have really increased replay value while also opening so many doors for cultural representation on countries and locations that the sims team might have blind spots for, potentially even inspiring them to create better official worlds
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 520 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »

I'd never encountered this bug at all until yesterday, when one of my households (the Akiyamas) had Winterfest. The kids are now teens, and Miki was going through a phase where she didn't want to be with her family, so it was actually really appropriate that she was the one who didn't get the holiday pop-up, while all the others did. (She didn't seem to mind getting presents and eating a delicious Winterfest meal, though...)
  • Options
    Seeing super intricate custom ts3 worlds make me really sad that 4 doesn't have any sort of technology like that. Something like it would have really increased replay value while also opening so many doors for cultural representation on countries and locations that the sims team might have blind spots for, potentially even inspiring them to create better official worlds

Agreed!!
  • Options
    Still need a submarine to visit my gaming morale.

Whenever I see your profile picture, I know I'm about to get a nugget like this line.

Thank you. It's what happens when you get a simmer here that's a former fleet sailor that served on the Asiatic Station, remembers when Hong Kong was still British - and an incredibly lovely place, and whose first president was Harry Truman.

Along with the great ideas above, how about a general-purpose community lot like in TS2? Could mix and match to one's delight, in one building or several. Right now, its one thing at a time. Other than bowling alleys which need to be in a bar, a very non kid friendly arrangement.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 460 Member
    The last full expansion that I found interesting was Snowy Escape. And Sims 4 is yet to have a great expansion pack despite having more expansion packs than previous games.
    All we get is half done expansions with few selling points, mostly just boring family and realistic stuff and most features brought back from previous games through the obligatory expansions is a step back instead of forward.

They keep wasting all the good ideas on gamepacks instead of making them expansions, and all sims act like the same vapid phone obsessed hipster regardless of traits. Just give us the 5 personality bars back of Sims 1, even that made sims act way more different. It's rather impressive they managed to give sims LESS personality than even the Sims 1 base game sims.
    Supposedly lazy sims don't even struggle to get out of bed.

Sadly with EA, I am used to keeping my expectations very low though they honestly still manage to keep surprising me by how they scrape the bottom of the barrel for Sims 4 content instead of giving us the highly requested stuff.

Pretty much any series purchased by EA won't get any better from that. With each sequel the quality just goes down further it seems, they lack passion for making games. If they have it, I honestly don't see it. It always just feels like they go for the easy way.
    They don't even know how to combine easy with highly requested things either.

I mean, why the heck is there no Sims 1: Complete edition available on the EA app? Or pretty much any other of their older games? Little work to just make those things available and playable on new systems compared to the money it would make.

And if they'd actually give their big classic games the same sort of treatment as Age of Empires 2: Definitive edition has received with improved graphics and new content, it could make a lot of money but they honestly seem allergic of putting any effort in it.

And it's such a shame, EA holds many great licenses but does not know how to use it. It's like back when I was a kid and there was this one kid in school who had all the cool Lego sets, but only ever build them exactly as they where, never doing anything actually interesting or creative with it.

If they don't do anything with it, they honestly should just hand it over to someone who will.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,140 Member
    I'm concerned about the glitches not being fixed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top