Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Patch Speculation 2021 (2nd Patch Out Now)

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    If it is a zodiac, I hope it's one that's organic to The Sims rather than the adoption of a real-life one. (the Llama, the Cowplant, etc..)

Because then there will be fewer people saying "they got x sign wrong" or "I'm x and I'm nothing like that." if they can make it up of (more or less) whole cloth.

And it's less culture-specific since there's more than one Zodiac out there, so less likely to step on cultural toes. Though if they do go with a real-world one, the Greek one has been so mainstreamed that it would probably cause the least offense.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I hope the basegame calendar will be able to manage "child/teen only" days off.

I would like to plan the Spring Break for the university students.

I thought university does not observe any holidays off? Plus, if they are YAs and up in university, would that help in making spring break?
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    If it is a zodiac, I hope it's one that's organic to The Sims rather than the adoption of a real-life one. (the Llama, the Cowplant, etc..)

Because then there will be fewer people saying "they got x sign wrong" or "I'm x and I'm nothing like that." if they can make it up of (more or less) whole cloth.

And it's less culture-specific since there's more than one Zodiac out there, so less likely to step on cultural toes. Though if they do go with a real-world one, the Greek one has been so mainstreamed that it would probably cause the least offense.

I L O V E this idea!!!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2021

The sims has had real zodiac signs since TS2, that would make no sense. Plus zodiacs in real life are made up already.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

The sims has had real zodiac signs since TS2, that would make no sense. Plus zodiacs in real life are made up already.

There's nothing wrong with the game using old concepts in new ways.

I'm aware that they've used the Greek Zodiac in the past. But as I said, it's not the only Zodiac out there, and a Sims World Zodiac would allow for more inclusivity without picking one over the other. That and even with the Greek Zodiac I've seen some fairly significant variation on what the signs are "supposed" to be like - especially when it comes to romantic connections. Making up a new one means there's less room for people to say they didn't do their research - because there's no research to be done. It makes sense to me, but then again, I enjoy worldbuilding, so I don't see it as "weird" or "nonsensical" to make up something new just because a real-world one exists (though adapting a real-world one may at times be more efficient.)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go back to making a fortune-telling system for the fantasy setting I'm developing.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited March 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2021
    I hope they will add these 2 traditions :
    • Winter vacation at the mountain
    • Summer vacation at the beach
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I don't get it. Why is the Calendar from Seasons being put into the Base. That's just dum.

I am surprised that the calendar wasn't patched into the base game in pre-Seasons patch. As I only came to TS4 when Seasons were out (can't play with the weather staying the same 24/7, so I waited for that pack to even consider buying TS4), I haven't ever played without it and... just how do people plan birthday parties or weddings without the calendar?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited March 2021
    Zodiacs were only in the first two base game Sims packs as far as I am aware, getting into Late Night in Sims 3 later but maybe they might be included in Sims 4 so as to put Birthdays into the calendar to be remembered year by year if you have the Seasons pack.

You could include the Zodiac as a base game addition just to set the Sim's traits or attraction to other Sims in certain zodiac signs, not using the calendar feature if you haven't got Seasons though.

I don't see any objection to zodiac signs being added free but would object to a main element of Sims 4 Seasons pack being added to the base game.
  • Options
    thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I hope they fix Bust the dust annoying sparkles.

True. They're too obnoxious. Also, is there any way for them to adjust the annoying "Inspired" buff? It's just there almost all the time being too much of a factor.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

True. They're too obnoxious. Also, is there any way for them to adjust the annoying "Inspired" buff? It's just there almost all the time being too much of a factor.

If you don't mind using mods Zero has mods to fix the sparkles and the inspired moodlet, and a few more related to Bust the Dust.
  • Options
    LihtarukLihtaruk Posts: 271 Member
    Wish there was webpage or something to just see new or upcoming stuff- it's too much bother to keep scrolling true all of them just to see if anything new show up recently :neutral:
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »

If you don't mind using mods Zero has mods to fix the sparkles and the inspired moodlet, and a few more related to Bust the Dust.

Also Lotharihoe has specifically these two for sparkles and for positive moodlets - here
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I don't get it. Why is the Calendar from Seasons being put into the Base. That's just dum.

I am surprised that the calendar wasn't patched into the base game in pre-Seasons patch. As I only came to TS4 when Seasons were out (can't play with the weather staying the same 24/7, so I waited for that pack to even consider buying TS4), I haven't ever played without it and... just how do people plan birthday parties or weddings without the calendar?

There's not so much "planning" involved. Social events were (and still can be) planned via the phone and start immediately. Same with vacations.
  • Options
    lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    I'd love to see even more of our base game traits updated. (The pack ones later down the road as well, but I'd rather them focus on the bg ones first.)

Especially Loner.

I love that they receive a tense buff around strangers, but I wish it was stronger than +1. As someone who is socially awkward, has social anxiety and is an introvert all in one, I find it very unrealistic that other buffs can over ride it. Like if I was dragged to a club by my friends, good music wouldn't make me feel any less tense, much less override it. And i'd like the whole "harder to make friends" actually be harder and for loners.

I don't think more updated traits would be too unrealistic for the April patch and I have a feeling that this month's improved traits was just the beginning.

I actually like that it is only +1. I'm an introvert but I'm confident so even though I get anxious around people (especially crowds fo 3+) I don't let it faze be and I've had loner sims become completely agitated and unable to do anything because of that buff compounded upon others. I even had to remove the trait on my simself because she wasn't able to do any friendly or romantic or funny interactions she was so tense just being around people.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'd love to see even more of our base game traits updated. (The pack ones later down the road as well, but I'd rather them focus on the bg ones first.)

Especially Loner.

I love that they receive a tense buff around strangers, but I wish it was stronger than +1. As someone who is socially awkward, has social anxiety and is an introvert all in one, I find it very unrealistic that other buffs can over ride it. Like if I was dragged to a club by my friends, good music wouldn't make me feel any less tense, much less override it. And i'd like the whole "harder to make friends" actually be harder and for loners.

I don't think more updated traits would be too unrealistic for the April patch and I have a feeling that this month's improved traits was just the beginning.

I actually like that it is only +1. I'm an introvert but I'm confident so even though I get anxious around people (especially crowds fo 3+) I don't let it faze be and I've had loner sims become completely agitated and unable to do anything because of that buff compounded upon others. I even had to remove the trait on my simself because she wasn't able to do any friendly or romantic or funny interactions she was so tense just being around people.

Maybe what we need is two traits of the same flavor then? Or some kind of setting that allows us to set how extreme the effects of the trait are. I've never had my loner sims become completely agitated like you have, and I honestly really hate that I haven't. Like my loner Sims will still start up conversations and still dance at clubs, and are able to perform all the interactions yours can't. Like seriously, I wish they'd become so tense that they can't do anything else. That is so much more realistic to my situation. For my Simself, I have to use custom shy and timid traits in addition to the loner trait for her to accurately represent me.

So I have the exact opposite problem you do. I'd like the buff to be at least +3. Possibly higher. Or, just a different (but still) similar trait that is more extreme.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I hope TS4 will have Spotify Player for our own playlist
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I hope TS4 will have Spotify Player for our own playlist

I usually play with spotify in the background.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member

I have thought this since Seasons released myself, that the planning part of the calendar for parties and such (but not the actual holidays, obvs) should've been added to the base game with the pre-EP patch. Better late than never, I suppose.
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    When do you think it'll drop? I don't have any clue... :neutral:
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited April 2021
    I hope it will fix the open landings problem. And now, additionally, the custom chairs.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I hope they add outer corner sofa pieces too so that we can make things like this:

EH8EG8q.jpg
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    When do you think it'll drop? I don't have any clue... :neutral:

Mid or Late April.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited April 2021
    The calendar & clubs are a huge part of my game play. If the calendar is added to base game I hope it is stripped down, not full featured like what we paid for in seasons.

@TomasGrizzly I agree I've only played with seasons so I can't envision the game without calendars
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    The calendar & clubs are a huge part of my game play. If the calendar is added to base game I hope it is stripped down, not full featured like what we paid for in seasons.

I'd like to see it were our sims can schedule dates and other stuff on the calendar and if you have City Living I'd love for the Festivals to show up on it so we can plan on when to send our sims to them.