Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Patch Speculation 2021 (2nd Patch Out Now)

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Does the patch reveal the artwork for the new kit?

I don't think so. I wish it would have addressed bugs that were missed in yesterday's patch.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @Demongrad wrote: »

resized-5e7544175-unbenannt.png

in case it works now - thanks XD

Sorry but that has been bugged for years. They never bothered to fix it. The UI icons never loose the "new" yellow color, despite none of the items being marked as "new".
    @Sigzy05 or @Demongrad which ever one of you need:

If you have Strangerville, the alien voodoo head doll thingy or the armadillo has a color swatch you need to cycle through. Some are of the “new” items are swatches. Cycle through and it’ll get cleared.
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2019/02/new-highlight-in-buy-mode-not-disappearing-strangerville-edition/

Oh my god....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Nothing new.

They keep on updating CAS for #BlackLiveMatters and #StopAsianHate.

But that's a good thing, everyone should feel included in TS4 and be able to make their simself.
    How does "everyone" feel included when only black and now Asians are catered to getting 80 or more skin tones new hairs every month special well thought out eye nose shapes while leaving out every other group of people because there are more than blacks and Asians in the world where's the Indian update or Native American or Jewish update or European update not a single one of these groups got a special team brought in to make details that actually look like them the last one I listed never will.

TS4 isn't done yet. We're in for several more years.
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    Nothing new.

But that's a good thing, everyone should feel included in TS4 and be able to make their simself.
    How does "everyone" feel included when only black and now Asians are catered to getting 80 or more skin tones new hairs every month special well thought out eye nose shapes while leaving out every other group of people because there are more than blacks and Asians in the world where's the Indian update or Native American or Jewish update or European update not a single one of these groups got a special team brought in to make details that actually look like them the last one I listed never will.

I didn't realize getting more inclusive options after 21 years of being forgotten about was what "catering to" meant.

The point of these specific updates isn't for "everyone" to feel included, it's for black and Asian people who have felt excluded for so long. And Indian people are Asian, by the way, and I believe some of those presets coming in the next update reflect that.

Are you a person of colour? I feel like maybe not, because we have had to learn to appreciate things that are not and will never be made with us in mind, and now that the tables have turned a little, I'm seeing a lot of white people really struggling with this. They're so used to all of their media being tailored to their tastes and histories.

You express concern for other ethnicities "left out" by these updates, but from your language and tone it seems like a smokescreen for what I mentioned above.

There should be all sorts of inclusive updates for everyone, yes!

These updates are coming out now because of what is going on in the world. It is very reassuring to me, and I'm sure to many other black and Asian people, to be shown by the makers of our favourite game that we are seen and important to them in this time when we're being bombarded with news that reminds us that much of the world sees us as something less than human.

The fact that you feel excluded just because something dares to be less culturally legible or palatable to you is very much your problem, and something you should look inward about. Mommy and Daddy aren't playing favourites because a few recent updates aren't for you.
  • Options
    DemongradDemongrad Posts: 44 Member
    edited April 2021
    Nothing new.

I'm a white man with some eastern european and jewish ancestry. I don't feel like there should be a major updates to include these groups more. You know, Europeans and Ashkenazi Jews are like... you know.. White? Didn't we have enough inclusivity for white people in the game for now?
    I would be HAPPY to see a native american, arabic, indian, south american ect. update in my game but it's not like the Sims team doesn't include diversity. There is a lot of inclusivity already. Yes, more is needed but what do you expect from them? Should they patch every single ethnic group and nationality in one update?

Post edited by Demongrad on
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Nothing new.

Yeah. They've added so much stuff for black and Asian Sims. I'm hoping we get some stuff soon that are different.
    He/Him
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    We may need a May patch speculation thread as it seems like the next patch is coming soon.

UPUs57b.jpg

The hair color update is apparently not coming in the next patch. My guess is that we’ll get the May patch in a few weeks as the pre-pack patch for the new game pack & kit. Then the new hair colors will come with the June patch, possibly a big pre-EP update.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    We may need a May patch speculation thread as it seems like the next patch is coming soon.

UPUs57b.jpg

The hair color update is apparently not coming in the next patch. My guess is that we’ll get the May patch in a few weeks as the pre-pack patch for the new game pack & kit. Then the new hair colors will come with the June patch, possibly a big pre-EP update.

Haaa that sucks :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

UPUs57b.jpg

well darn
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

UPUs57b.jpg

Yes I'll put up a May Thread. We're close to May anyway.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Awe nuts. Well, hopefully, they will also be adding a Strawberry Blond & a Deep Burgandy Wine hair colors as well.