Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Patch Speculation 2021 (2nd Patch Out Now)

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    So serious gameplay and bug fixes are out the window. Hair does nothing for gameplay and doesn't address any serious bug's. The baby is still a object and my Sims still won't knit. We still have not gotten spiral stairs or a pool slide but yeah we got more hair.

I"m pretty sure we'll get some bug fixes I just hope there is lots of them.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    SimGuruGeorge's hint specifically mentioned "Monday morning" so I wonder if this means we're getting a teaser on Monday morning with a full reveal of the pack on Tuesday. If that's the case, we may not get a patch in April after all and the next patch is just the pre-pack patch for the pack that's being announced next week.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    SimGuruGeorge's hint specifically mentioned "Monday morning" so I wonder if this means we're getting a teaser on Monday morning with a full reveal of the pack on Tuesday. If that's the case, we may not get a patch in April after all and the next patch is just the pre-pack patch for the pack that's being announced next week.

WAIT MAYBE that would make sense...
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Ah, there will be a pack announcement next week? I had no idea, thanks! I was starting to miss some news...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    It's an awfully short laundry list...
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited April 2021

… or nothing will happen as usual.

Nothing was announced before the Financial results during the previous years so I expect no announcement before May 11th.

EP11 Pop It (June) seems to be the upcoming pack.
  • Options
    MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    When we do get the patch, do you really think that improved babies might be a feature? I'm a bit skeptical just because, the way i see it, the big new feature with the upcoming patch seems to be the trait slot, or even the additional swatches. Could be wrong though. I certainly hope for more exciting free updates like the ones we had in the past (ghosts, pools, toddlers, cars). More community concerns being addressed is my ultimate wish for the sims 4!
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member

… or nothing will happen as usual.

Nothing was announced before the Financial results during the previous years so I expect no announcement before May 11th.

EP11 Pop It (June) seems to be the upcoming pack.

Why do you think that?
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited April 2021
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
  • Options
    The Patch is most likely dropping Tomorrow cause of the Livestream.
  • Options
    Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member

You hit it spot on :)
  • Options
    Hopefully tomorrow’s patch has a kit (or more :D) attached to it.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    EpsiPlayEpsiPlay Posts: 15 Member
    Glad there is a live tomorrow and an update, but I believe we all want new content and not just a kit (more like an EP or GP)... I'm afraid there is nothing until June like last year. Wait and see
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    No way this happens but...

I want them to announce a new kit at like 9am PST, then the livestream covers it (and since they didn't announce it in the livestream, they're still not "announcing paid content" in the Inside Maxis stream) and the patch is pushed back to Wednesday or Thursday, with the kit then going live later in the day.

And not a gameplay Kit, but a BB or CAS kit, so testing won't be as much of an issue.
  • Options
    No way this happens but...

I want them to announce a new kit at like 9am PST, then the livestream covers it (and since they didn't announce it in the livestream, they're still not "announcing paid content" in the Inside Maxis stream) and the patch is pushed back to Wednesday or Thursday, with the kit then going live later in the day.

And not a gameplay Kit, but a BB or CAS kit, so testing won't be as much of an issue.

They don’t really announce kits early. Last time the 3 kits were announced 30 minute after they went on sale on Origin.

The live stream is at 11am PT, while the patch will drop at 10am.

If a new kit is coming, it will go on sale on Origin at 9:30am and then available for download at 10am, same time as the patch (since the kit will not work without the patch).
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    > @elelunicy said:
    > If a new kit is coming, it will go on sale on Origin at 9:30am and then available for download at 10am, same time as the patch (since the kit will not work without the patch).

The question is : do we really want a new kit ? πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    EpsiPlay wrote: Β»
    > @elelunicy said:
    > If a new kit is coming, it will go on sale on Origin at 9:30am and then available for download at 10am, same time as the patch (since the kit will not work without the patch).

If it's not a gamplay kit, I don't see an issue with it (other than the price tag) I only bought Country Kitchen because it was the only one of the three kits to appeal to me. Even if the next kit doesn't appeal, I'd still like there to be more, so there are more options for people.
  • Options
    > @DaWaterRat said:
    > If it's not a gamplay kit, I don't see an issue with it (other than the price tag) I only bought Country Kitchen because it was the only one of the three kits to appeal to me. Even if the next kit doesn't appeal, I'd still like there to be more, so there are more options for people.

We always want more content, I agree. I bought all three kits because I love to collect in The Sims (like a lot of people). I even ended up buying for Batuu after months ... I'm weak. πŸ˜… But I totally agree with you. I prefere EP or GP πŸ‘
  • Options
    MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    I'm so happy that something was anounced after all! Do you guys think we might also be getting body hair? Fingers crossed
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm so happy that something was anounced after all! Do you guys think we might also be getting body hair? Fingers crossed

maybe
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    EpsiPlay wrote: Β»
    > @elelunicy said:

I do and a Pool Kit at that
  • Options
    There is still the question about the new world they've been hinting.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    So Maxis live isn't about paid content right?

I really want a pack announcement, even if the pack isn't coming out for a long time, like June or even September!

I'm playing this giant family tree, and grandma want to play matchmaker for 10 (yes 10) of her grandkids. If there's something romance or music related in the next 6 months, it will change my storytelling so I want to know.

I don't want to marry Bobby off to the sweet stylistic in the city, because if bands are coming, Bobby would be happier as the drummer in a girl band where he can marry the lead singer.