Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Patch Speculation 2021 (2nd Patch Out Now)

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Do you guys genuinely get excited for patches?

Personally, I find them enormously underwhelming. If there is a new feature added, it’s always tiny, broken, or previously sold in another pack... or all three. The rest is just a string of small fixes that don’t resolve any real issues or add depth. I don’t care at all about patch updates. Other companies do them so much better, I’m always thrilled for them, but never for Sims 4.

I get exited for bug fixes....when there's any.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member

Personally, I find them enormously underwhelming. If there is a new feature added, it’s always tiny, broken, or previously sold in another pack... or all three. The rest is just a string of small fixes that don’t resolve any real issues or add depth. I don’t care at all about patch updates. Other companies do them so much better, I’m always thrilled for them, but never for Sims 4.

I'm always excited for new free content. 😄 As I don't experience many bugs I'm less interested in fixes.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member

Yeah I do too. It's valid to debate about what should be already in the game and what should stay in EPs but some of the recent updates have given shape to the game however small.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I agree with @simgirl1010 though I'm not deeply interested in patches because I'm a mod user they scare me lol. I'm always open to new content rather free or paid. Rarely any bugs and nothing that stops me from enjoying the game so I almost never give bug fixes more then a glance. And when I do it's like omg THAT was a bug? Hahahaha😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I agree with @simgirl1010 though I'm not deeply interested in patches because I'm a mod user they scare me lol. I'm always open to new content rather free or paid. Rarely any bugs and nothing that stops me from enjoying the game so I almost never give bug fixes more then a glance. And when I do it's like omg THAT was a bug? Hahahaha😂

I think my play style helps to shield me from a lot of bugs. I play one family of 6 in one save. When I finish a play session I'll save and delete the previous save. I also only have 88 other sims in my game.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2021
    Patch should be dropping in 31 Minutes or Less!!!!!

Looking forward to the new hairstyles and hairstyle swatch colors.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Where is the Livestream played?
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member

Normally over on twitch.tv/TheSims :)
  • Options

It will be on Twitch.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It's that time of the day where you just reload your library to see if the update has dropped.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    Patch should be dropping in 31 Minutes or Less!!!!!

Looking forward to the new hairstyles and hairstyle swatch colors.

But is the patch dropping today? I think it's only the livestream that's happening, no?
    Besides, we don't know if the "leaked" stuff will be in this month's patch :/:/
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • Options
    Patch downloading now... 317mb!
  • Options
    No extra CAS trait slot, no additional hair colours like shown in last months stream.
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    No extra CAS trait slot, no additional hair colours like shown in last months stream.

That's disappointing.
  • Options
    ScarletAnjaScarletAnja Posts: 1 New Member
    well, that was disappointing. I didn't see anything of value added. Maybe one ugly hair? No new hair colours or trait slot. Hopefully I'm wrong and there is something good in this patch that I missed
  • Options
    DemongradDemongrad Posts: 44 Member
    https://ibb.co/dgXPsf7

It's something to do with babys. The Items there are glowing yellow, but if you click on it, you cant see the new objects and the color doeant go away
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I like the new hairstyle, like I thought I would.

Ui0GVSH.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Demongrad wrote: »
    https://ibb.co/dgXPsf7

It's something to do with babys. The Items there are glowing yellow, but if you click on it, you cant see the new objects and the color doeant go away

Your picture didn't load correctly. You have add [img][/img] around your link.
  • Options
    [img]https://ibb.co/dgXPsf7[/img]

in case it works now - thanks XD
  • Options
    [URL=https://bilderupload.org/bild/5e7544175-unbenannt][IMG]https://bilderupload.org/image/thumbnail/resized-5e7544175-unbenannt.png[/IMG][/URL]

another try
  • Options
    Disappointed we're only getting 2 hairstyles. Let's see what bug fixes we get.
  • Options

5e7544175-unbenannt]

resized-5e7544175-unbenannt.png

I got one of your images to work @Demongrad

• Options
    Disappointed we're only getting 2 hairstyles. Let's see what bug fixes we get.

I hope they at least release a roadmap of future packs/ updates in the Livestream.