Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Patch Speculation 2021 (2nd Patch Out Now)

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2021
    Could the calendar be coming to the base game?

Iron Seagull
    https://youtu.be/SbwxTQrpFYM
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Maybe generations is coming after all. Maybe the calendar feature will be used to organize family get togethers or 🐸🐸🐸🐸 household chores to the family members.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Actually, the calendar is in Seasons.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It seems that it will be... maybe a school pack is coming and calendars are coming to base game to set summer holidays...
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Actually, the calendar is in Seasons.

Yes but it looks like it's coming to the base game. They didn't have Seasons installed. Make sure you watch Iron Seagull's Video in the link above. We'll probably see the calendar added to the base game in the April Patch.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Just a friendly reminder to take the simgurus tweets this week with very little grain of salt
    They already like to fool around and made stupid jokes, April fools is around the corner and you bet they’ll take advantage
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited March 2021
    I hope the basegame calendar will be able to manage "child/teen only" days off.

I would like to plan the Spring Break for the university students.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited March 2021
    People are actually upset that the calendar might get added to the basegame? Really? I don't mind them giving away a few things for free. The calendar will make a nice little addition to the basgame for the folks that can't get the EP's. This is coming from someone that has Every pack in the game (except Star Wars). It's really nothing to get upset over. Happy Simming!
    He/Him
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    People are actually upset that the calendar might get added to the basegame? Really? I don't mind them giving away a few things for free. The calendar will make a nice little addition to the basgame for the folks that can't get the EP's. This is coming from someone that has Every pack in the game (except Star Wars). It's really nothing to get upset over. Happy Simming!
    You don't mind them giving away something people already paid for that's great but what new feature is going to be offered unique to Seasons that will make it worth while to those of us who paid $40 to get it. Besides weather seriously what does Seasons have unique to it now that one of its biggest features will be base game if they felt the calendar should be base game it should have been patched in from the get go and the expansion should have had another main feature to offer.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Calendar is just the basis for a major Seasons gameplay feature: (customisable) holidays
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    I was wondering whether the "new" trait slot might just be the already existing reward trait for fulfilling an aspiration. These traits cannot be seen in CAS at the moment, maybe all they'll do is make them visible. Personally, I'm hope for something new and cool, though.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    I don't get it. Why is the Calendar from Seasons being put into the Base. That's just dum.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    for new events
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    So, they are actually adding new events, not duplicating the Seasons Calendar. Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that, comicsforlife. :)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    it was only a guess @SERVERFRA I feel its the most likely
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    I hope you're right, comicsforlife.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited March 2021
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I was wondering whether the "new" trait slot might just be the already existing reward trait for fulfilling an aspiration. These traits cannot be seen in CAS at the moment, maybe all they'll do is make them visible. Personally, I'm hope for something new and cool, though.

would look really weird if your Sim has up to 120 reward traits - you can gain more than just one. My guess is that the new slot is for zodiacs which might also explain why calendars are added to the base game.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    @kusurusu Oh man, that would be amazing. I'd love to have zodiac signs.

And while I don't like it when pack items are patched into the base game, as long as it's just the calendar and not the ability to create holidays that's patched in, I'm more or less fine with it. Like the holidays I feel should remain exclusive to Seasons.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I also think the calendar being added to the base game means that maybe we can add our own family events. I don't think it has anything to do with making holidays as that comes in seasons but just adding a calendar would be nice for those who don't have seasons to be able to plan events for their sims. Like what if a generations type pack is coming and we can now plan sleeps overs, engagements, bachelor/ette parties, funerals, baby showers, family outings, and reunions.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

This ☝️ and the fact that adding the calendar to the base game will for sure bring a new feature for all. It'll be good for those who have already bought seasons and for those who haven't.
    kusurusu wrote: »

would look really weird if your Sim has up to 120 reward traits - you can gain more than just one. My guess is that the new slot is for zodiacs which might also explain why calendars are added to the base game.

This makes sense to me... Zodiac signs relying accuratelly on the calendar... an atraction system. i think i'ld like it :)
  • Options
    kusurusu wrote: »

Good theory.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Could hope for more than one zodiac sign - sun, moon and rising - but that's very unlikely to ever happen, even though we are all the sum of these three. Granted, it's a bit more complicated than that, but that's as simplified as I go! But even just adding sun signs would be awesome! I've missed those.
  • Options
    I don't know I think that this is a zodiac. I sure hope so. Zodiacs could bring an attraction system.
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    If it is zodiac then an upcoming pack might be romance related.

If it is not going to be zodiac I would love for a "dislike" traits like we had in Sims 2