Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Patch Speculation 2021 (2nd Patch Out Now)

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    So Maxis live isn't about paid content right?

I really want a pack announcement, even if the pack isn't coming out for a long time, like June or even September!

I'm playing this giant family tree, and grandma want to play matchmaker for 10 (yes 10) of her grandkids. If there's something romance or music related in the next 6 months, it will change my storytelling so I want to know.

I don't want to marry Bobby off to the sweet stylistic in the city, because if bands are coming, Bobby would be happier as the drummer in a girl band where he can marry the lead singer.

I feel your pain at least we should get some news next month about new packs if not tomorrow @KathMHughes
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited April 2021
    "You know that Underwater life only works if you are playing with Mermaid sims and the new World : Atlantis." :p

"You know that UFO only works if you are playing with Alien sims and the new Sixam."

• Options
    AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    I'm actually glad to hear it is a patch instead of a pack. I noticed a clear divide in the community of what is expected of a pack and it sounded like the community would go nasty with whatever pack they would release. :)
  • Options
    MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    [quote="Antwerpo;c-17866696"]I'm actually glad to hear it is a patch instead of a pack. I noticed a clear divide in the community of what is expected of a pack and it sounded like the community would go nasty with whatever pack they would release. :) [/quote]

Well they do have a history of releasing packs that are not only something nobody asked for but also reallyyy poorly done....not gonna mention any names but the sad thing is a lot come to mind.

The community is used to tons of new content being realeased, little of which is actually wanted. It's not the community that's nasty...we've been paying for content that is lackluster for years now. Expressions of disappointment and frustration are due and much deserved. This is a product we're paying for.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    For a short moment I was hoping for a pack announcement, perhaps even something werewolf or fairy themed. But as maxis live is just about patches, never about patches. I have to admit I am a bit disappointed because I got my hopes up for a pack announcement. Now I remember why I dislike teasing. I'd prefer a clear announcement over these kind of tweets.

But let's try to stay positive. I'll just wait and see if the patch brings anything interesting besides two hairstyles and a few bug fixes. I know there were leaks last time but none of those have been confirmed as far as I know. And even if more hair colors or sectional sofas are coming, it could still be a few patches away. But perhaps there is something interesting in the patch after all. Let's findout laterttoday .
  • Options
    EpsiPlayEpsiPlay Posts: 15 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > I do and a Pool Kit at that

Thank you for your answer. 😉 I'm not saying I refuse a new kit. I rather implied that I preferred a new GP or EP 👍
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Yes but we know were getting an EP in June. It will be announced or leaked very soon. Also it's interesting to note there is a patch next month. I'm guessing the last week of May so that would mean the Expansion Pack is coming the First Week of June.
  • Options
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > Yes but we know were getting an EP in June. It will be announced or leaked very soon. Also it's interesting to note there is a patch next month. I'm guessing the last week of May so that would mean the Expansion Pack is coming the First Week of June.

I'm afraid to agree with you given the current calendar 👍
  • Options
    EpsiPlay wrote: »
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > Yes but we know were getting an EP in June. It will be announced or leaked very soon. Also it's interesting to note there is a patch next month. I'm guessing the last week of May so that would mean the Expansion Pack is coming the First Week of June.

What do you mean? They confirmed there will be a Patch Next Month and we're getting a sneak peak at it Today in the Livestream.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    What do we think the probability is of having the new hair colours introduced today? I'm ashamed to say that is what I'm most excited to see next to the new CAS hairs....
  • Options
    @catloverplayer and @chickenow : It's clear that the contents of the updates are not necessarily exceptional... That's why i hope a EP or even GP 🤞🤞
  • Options
    chickenow wrote: »
    What do we think the probability is of having the new hair colours introduced today? I'm ashamed to say that is what I'm most excited to see next to the new CAS hairs....

Very Very Likely.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Yes but we know were getting an EP in June. It will be announced or leaked very soon. Also it's interesting to note there is a patch next month. I'm guessing the last week of May so that would mean the Expansion Pack is coming the First Week of June.

I wonder the 11th Expansion Pack will be called "Pop It" with four of Ava Max's songs (Sweet But Psycho, So Am I, Kings & Queens and My Head & My Heart) re-recorded in Simlish.

Ez7srTuVcAY28Fi?format=jpg&name=large
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    EpsiPlay wrote: »
    > @catloverplayer said:

What do you mean? They confirmed there will be a Patch Next Month and we're getting a sneak peak at it Today in the Livestream.

Pretty sure there's a patch today, and they'll do a sneak peak at the next patch.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    @Carl_Veluz1992 why do you think it's going to be called Pop It? I haven't heard about that anywhere. Is it another fame pack?
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Do you guys genuinely get excited for patches?

Personally, I find them enormously underwhelming. If there is a new feature added, it’s always tiny, broken, or previously sold in another pack... or all three. The rest is just a string of small fixes that don’t resolve any real issues or add depth. I don’t care at all about patch updates. Other companies do them so much better, I’m always thrilled for them, but never for Sims 4.
  • Options
    [quote="MoonfoxNightcry;c-17866813"]Do you guys genuinely get excited for patches?

Personally, I find them enormously underwhelming. If there is a new feature added, it’s always tiny, broken, or previously sold in another pack... or all three. The rest is just a string of small fixes that don’t resolve any real issues or add depth. I don’t care at all about patch updates. Other companies do them so much better, I’m always thrilled for them, but never for Sims 4.[/quote]

Most of the time they are very underwhelming, true. But toddlers and pools were patch content so, rarely, we do get a few cool things. Also the sentiments were an update I think, and I really like them.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    MElleSims wrote: »
    @Carl_Veluz1992 why do you think it's going to be called Pop It? I haven't heard about that anywhere. Is it another fame pack?

I called "Pop It" as a Music themed Expansion Pack because, The said pack not only includes rock bands, but also pop bands too.
  • Options
    [quote="Carl_Veluz1992;c-17866816"][quote="MElleSims;c-17866812"]@Carl_Veluz1992 why do you think it's going to be called Pop It? I haven't heard about that anywhere. Is it another fame pack?[/quote]

I called "Pop It" as a Music themed Expansion Pack because, The said pack not only includes rock bands, but also pop bands too.[/quote]

Is it something you wany to see or something confirmed? Sounds pretty cool though, either way!
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't get excited about patches, but I do like getting a heads-up when one is coming so that I can play offline for a while. A few days later I might update if there are few or no reports of new brokenness that came along with the patching, lol. Otherwise, I'm fine with waiting.

I wish they'd post articles (with photos or art as applicable) instead of doing livestreams about these kinds of things. I've watched several of those streams and wish I had those hours of my life back. I don't find them entertaining, and besides, I just want information. I find those streams too tedious a way to get it.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hoping the new hair colors will be in this update! :)

color-swatches.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I don't get excited about patches, but I do like getting a heads-up when one is coming so that I can play offline for a while. A few days later I might update if there are few or no reports of new brokenness that came along with the patching, lol. Otherwise, I'm fine with waiting.

I wish they'd post articles (with photos or art as applicable) instead of doing livestreams about these kinds of things. I've watched several of those streams and wish I had those hours of my life back. I don't find them entertaining, and besides, I just want information. I find those streams too tedious a way to get it.

I agree. I was pleasantly surprised by the last patch where they showed pictures of the updated hairstyles and paintings. A well documented list or patch notes are useful. Not everyone can or wants to watch the livestream.
  • Options
    Do you guys genuinely get excited for patches?

Personally, I find them enormously underwhelming. If there is a new feature added, it’s always tiny, broken, or previously sold in another pack... or all three. The rest is just a string of small fixes that don’t resolve any real issues or add depth. I don’t care at all about patch updates. Other companies do them so much better, I’m always thrilled for them, but never for Sims 4.

I do. The last patch added relax in bed which will hopefully get updated with more interactions.