Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Snowy Escape Speculation about features

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    you have the power to make a crazy world where real world problems don't apply, all for the sake of fun and excitement. Stop wasting your potential on poorly thought-out & dubious environmental messages, and give us our 🌺🌺🌺🌺 monkeys already.

speaking right into my soul bro
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm really curious to see the Japanase furniture, hopefully they won't disappoint. Imagine having those tables where you sit on the floor (chabudai) and those beds that are also on the floor. I would Love it. I want to see lots of cherry blossoms and bamboo trees as well, the sushi station we had in The Sims 3 and hopefully a pond tool.

I just love this aestethic.

Oh man....

Please let there be a pond tool. Please let there be a pond tool. Please please please let there be a pond tool.

And low dining tables.
    And low platform beds.
    And hotels.
    And kimonos.
    And toe socks/sandals.
    And beautiful trees/bushes/flowers/pond add-ons.
    And sliding shoji doors/windows/screens.
    And hotels.
    And a japanese shrine.
    And zen gardens.
    And a sakura festival.
    And hotels.
    And Samurai sword sparring.
    And martial arts.
    And harvestable cherry trees.
    And hotels.

Oh oh.... and I want that Pagoda building to be an apartment building!

Okay, I need to stop. I'm getting carried away. :D

We... we have cherry trees...? Do you mean sakura trees? Because those are just flowering trees.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Every time I see people say they don't associate Japan with winter stuff, I want to mention the Nagano Olympics. (Japan has actually hosted the winter Olympics twice)

I'll confess that I don't have too many specific hopes on the Japanese culture end. Mostly because most of my knowledge is via Anime and RPG's written and run by what I can only call Obsessive Fictional Japan Fanboys in the '80s and '90s, and I'd rather defer to people who actually know what they're talking about on that point.

I am expecting some sort of twist on Rental properties, either as a hotel or as a simple Rental lots or maybe as something else. I'm also kinda looking forward to the winter sports, even though I personally am not particularly fond of either winter or sports.

I'm also hoping for a lot of nice new cold weather CAS options. I'm constantly struggling to find the right winter look for my sims. Especially those that live in Windenberg or Brindleton Bay.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2020
    also while we are on topic of winter wear
    I want

kimono_1745623a.jpg
    7d556557760b671abbbeb7f5c5e6bc9e.jpg
    maybe not so functional for snowboarding :sweat_smile: but for a little strolling in gardens perhaps
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    If anyone wants to see a Japanese harp/zither, I found a video of it. It's a bit of a long video, but I hope our Sims can play this. Also, the first song is referenced in another game from a couple of years ago! :) I hope it's okay to post the video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeoJ9STx1c8
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    idk if this is me being nitpicky (it’s not) but kind of annoying tht the game changers that are chosen to help build this japanese inspired world are white ... there def needs to be more representation not just w the gameplay aspects but with game changers as well!!! it’s frustrating that the ones always pushed and are popular are white game changers... (obv no hate to the game changers but still annoying)

I think they just pick the Game Changers who are the most popular, who all happen to be white. I would prefer a little more diversity with the Game Changers too....

i agree !!! but thts another topic of discussion why all the top game changers r white 👀👀
    This isn’t to directly in response to you but it’s on the topic:
    No offense but If people want gamechangers to be more popular and among the top gamechangers they need to support the lesser known gamechangers. Donate to them, promote their videos or channels, don’t just say why aren’t they among the top. Do your part as well

Wellllll it is not like they couldn't find the gamechangers of color for that spark'd TV show so they could have found them for this as well. Just saying..... seems like they find diversity when they want to.
  • Options
    lenorcalenorca Posts: 30 Member
    Loving this by the looks of it if the map is real! Expecting to see hotels and some kind of a new dance, maybe even kabuki dance? Sakura tea was served on the CL at Romance festivals so it shouldn't be too hard. I would love to have hot springs (yes, looking at that big park in the upper right corner of the maybe-a-real-leak). The only problem I see is that I hope they do it in a respectful way to incorporate japanese culture and not in a way we western like to look at it. The upper right part could actually be a shinto temple area by the looks of it, but I guess we'll have to wait and see :)
  • Options
    I'm really curious to see the Japanase furniture, hopefully they won't disappoint. Imagine having those tables where you sit on the floor (chabudai) and those beds that are also on the floor. I would Love it. I want to see lots of cherry blossoms and bamboo trees as well, the sushi station we had in The Sims 3 and hopefully a pond tool.

I just love this aestethic.

Oh man....

Please let there be a pond tool. Please let there be a pond tool. Please please please let there be a pond tool.

And low dining tables.
    And low platform beds.
    And hotels.
    And kimonos.
    And toe socks/sandals.
    And beautiful trees/bushes/flowers/pond add-ons.
    And sliding shoji doors/windows/screens.
    And hotels.
    And a japanese shrine.
    And zen gardens.
    And a sakura festival.
    And hotels.
    And Samurai sword sparring.
    And martial arts.
    And harvestable cherry trees.
    And hotels.

Oh oh.... and I want that Pagoda building to be an apartment building!

Okay, I need to stop. I'm getting carried away. :D

Yes yes yes. And you forgot to mention hotels.

Please EA don't let us down!

LOL get prepared.....that is a lot of asks in that list LOL
  • Options
    [quote="dearie_blossom;c-17693747"]I don‘t association Japan with winter activities so the whole pack seems off to be but I don‘t care if it comes with hotels, resorts and vacation homes (in all worlds!!!). It‘s an EP and recycles a some stuff from previous packs (snow, mountain climbing) so that‘s the very least they can do to justify the price.

I hope we get hot chocolate, sake, sake making, rice plants and an onsen, [/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. My thoughts went to the Swiss Alps....I don't know. I just hope it is good.

• Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    I know it's going to be a disappointing pack. I'm sure most of these won't come in, and the few that do will be botched. But speculation is the second most fun thing about Sims 4, after complaining.

Features
    • Hotels: Should be a major feature. We should be able to make and run our own hotels/motels/hostels/whatever and take care of our guests, as well as being able to visit these hotels for ourselves.
    • New food: We got some good Japanese/Asian food in Dine Out and City Living, but more would be neat. Maybe less fancy stuff.
    • Ninjas: Time to recycle those teleporting animations.
    • Small pets: give us snow monkeys. Like seriously, you have the power to make a crazy world where real world problems don't apply, all for the sake of fun and excitement. Stop wasting your potential on poorly thought-out & dubious environmental messages, and give us our 🌺🌺🌺🌺 monkeys already.
    • Yeti: I know they don't really fit Japan, but when are we actually going to get another winter world? Plus it's not like Japan doesn't know about them. We could even year the yeti costume from the holiday pack to disguise ourselves in order to get close to them. Bonus points if we can breed with them and have yeti babies.
    • Traditional Japanese radio station: Gimme my Sea in Spring and other background vocals.

Activities/Skills
    • New instruments: Koto, Shamisen, Taiko drum.
    • Snowboarding: Attached to its own skill. You can race others down the mountain or perform stunts. I'd like my own official tournaments and competitions (where you can get paid and become a pro-boarder), but being able to make my own tournaments my racings sims would also be decent.
    • Sword Sparring: I know samurai don't usually walk the streets of modern Japan, but it'd still be fun to see. Especially if you can train in it. They could just recycle the Get Famous and the Shart Wars pack animations.
    • Martial Arts: Sure, why not?
    • Shogi or Mahjong: The latter was in Sims 2 so why not
    • Culture: Sulani was all about having a strong culture, but Selvadorada handled it better AND gave you a new skill to help you learn it. I want this skill here, at least so I can show that my sim is learning about the local culture.

CAS/BB
    • Just copy everything from Takemizu Village back in Sims 2, and I'll be happy.
    • But I want those low tea tables especially.
    • Hot springs.
    • Cherry blossom trees. Bonus points if we can raise them and sell their flowers/petals. In my city, we have an event where we go to the park during the season to watch them bloom. I'd LOVE to have my sims go to their local park in spring to picnic under them.

tl;dr: Just give us Takemizu Village + sports

You know they are going to copy those pink trees and call them cherry blossom trees LOL
  • Options
    LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    i would want like stuff for kids like a emiton where its like fear/uncomftrable becuase like scared of yeti or somthng
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Every time I see people say they don't associate Japan with winter stuff, I want to mention the Nagano Olympics. (Japan has actually hosted the winter Olympics twice)

I'll confess that I don't have too many specific hopes on the Japanese culture end. Mostly because most of my knowledge is via Anime and RPG's written and run by what I can only call Obsessive Fictional Japan Fanboys in the '80s and '90s, and I'd rather defer to people who actually know what they're talking about on that point.

I am expecting some sort of twist on Rental properties, either as a hotel or as a simple Rental lots or maybe as something else. I'm also kinda looking forward to the winter sports, even though I personally am not particularly fond of either winter or sports.

I'm also hoping for a lot of nice new cold weather CAS options. I'm constantly struggling to find the right winter look for my sims. Especially those that live in Windenberg or Brindleton Bay.

You are right but I still would not have put the two together. I really wanted the Swiss Alps. Plus I wanted some chocolate, Rosti, group fondue, Raclette, etc, some cool swiss winter wear.....anyways I am grateful that I actually might be interested in this pack so that is a plus.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    lenorca wrote: »
    kabuki dance

Kabuki is theater.

• Options
    lenorcalenorca Posts: 30 Member
    lenorca wrote: »
    kabuki dance

Kabuki is theater.

That is so true! Meant to write theatre tbh, lol.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    idk if this is me being nitpicky (it’s not) but kind of annoying tht the game changers that are chosen to help build this japanese inspired world are white ... there def needs to be more representation not just w the gameplay aspects but with game changers as well!!! it’s frustrating that the ones always pushed and are popular are white game changers... (obv no hate to the game changers but still annoying)

I think they just pick the Game Changers who are the most popular, who all happen to be white. I would prefer a little more diversity with the Game Changers too....

i agree !!! but thts another topic of discussion why all the top game changers r white 👀👀
    No offense but If people want gamechangers to be more popular and among the top gamechangers they need to support the lesser known gamechangers. Donate to them, promote their videos or channels, don’t just say why aren’t they among the top. Do your part as well

Wellllll it is not like they couldn't find the gamechangers of color for that spark'd TV show so they could have found them for this as well. Just saying..... seems like they find diversity when they want to.
    They went to these guys because they have a big following. Most ppl here don’t be promoting gamechangers who are POC I mean. If people want them to have a large following like the ones they collaborated with, promote them. Everyone jumps in with the big game changers.
    Simmers want change, they gotta do they’re part. EA isn’t going to do a pack with gamechangers who don’t have enough followers. And let’s be honest that Spark’d show was a joke. Only 3-4 episodes is hardly anything compared to collaborating on a pack.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    Some interesting information about winter in Japan:
    https://www.hisgo.com/us/destination-japan/blog/winter_in_japan.html

Picnicking under cherry blossom trees sounds like heaven! 😍
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
    I hope it brings extreme blizzards, ice storms, and other extreme winter weather events. I also hope it brings prolonged power outages, where some sims are without power in their homes for several days! That would be SO AWESOME!
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    edited October 2020
    I’m trying not to get too hopeful, but I like the look of this pack so far! It’s nice to be looking forward to a trailer for good reasons, rather than to vent along with comments.

I love the green neighbourhood on the bottom right, especially the lot next to the water, and the snow world. I hope the lots are beautiful and flexible in game.

I’m hoping for:
    * residential lots, not a vacation world
    * snowboarding/skiing runs where I can watch my sim go down the mountain, with a bit of chance thrown in (accidents/competition) and skill levels
    * Ice skating
    * chair lift or gondola
    * toddlers and kids can ski, board, toboggan
    * hot springs
    * Japanese bbq
    * Cherry blossom trees! That rain blossoms in spring
    * Nice Japanese outfits and furniture
    * Seasonal activities if you have seasons: boarding in winter, hiking in summer, cherry blossoms in spring...
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Some interesting information about winter in Japan:
    https://www.hisgo.com/us/destination-japan/blog/winter_in_japan.html

Picnicking under cherry blossom trees sounds like heaven! 😍

YES this hyped me up for the pack. I hope they add an occasional snow monkey that will join you in the hot springs. skiing and snowboarding PLEASE, light shows would be cool, wondering if we are getting ice sculpting...which I am not too interested in but it feels like a cheesy add they would put in. I really want a cool snow festival though....I MEAN MAKE ME WANT TO GO THERE EA please not a one and done.

Oh oh oh...I forgot it said December was a romantic month....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE more romance options thank you. Make it meaningful
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

Can we just stop with this nonsense? It's ridiculous.
    He/Him
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I hope it brings extreme blizzards, ice storms, and other extreme winter weather events. I also hope it brings prolonged power outages, where some sims are without power in their homes for several days! That would be SO AWESOME!
    I actually like that idea! Would be cool.
    He/Him
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don‘t association Japan with winter activities so the whole pack seems off to be but I don‘t care if it comes with hotels, resorts and vacation homes (in all worlds!!!). It‘s an EP and recycles a some stuff from previous packs (snow, mountain climbing) so that‘s the very least they can do to justify the price.

That's what i feel too. I was expecting some kind of alps winter pack. I'm not really into japanese aesthetic and i don't know much about japamese culture (maybe this is a good opportunity to know more though...), so i fear that a big part of the features will be centered on the japanese stuff instead of winter stuff... let's see...

And i also agree that some features will be recycled so i'm waiting for a few game changing systems that can push this to an ep level.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    HOTELS, PLEASE LET THERE BE HOTELS!!!

I am hoping for hotels similar to restaurants where we can actually follow our sims inside and edit the hotel building if we want. If hotels are only introduced as rabbit holes, I will be very disappointed.

I would also love
    - ice skating on ponds,
    - a pond tool,
    - ninjas or a ninja skill,
    - jujitsu or karate as a skill or a children's hobby (like scouting or the drama club)
    - a zen garden (we had something like that in sims 2),
    - a low table where sims can eat while sitting on the floor
    - a yeti which we can befriend and ask to move in

I hope children and toddlers are not forgotten when it comes to new activities.

I am a bit anxious about all the activities like snowboarding and mountain climbing. I wonder how much will be fully featured and how much will be rabbit hole. I hope as little rabbit hole as possible.

I really enjoyed the Japanese vacation world in sims 2 so if they can achieve a similar vibe in this world, then I am all for it.

So far it looks promising, I hope we get more info soon.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Lol it's funny I'm at a point with the sims where I look at the pack image and think "wow 4 activities, and at least ONE two sims can do together, such progress". I don't know how I feel about this. I've wanted a snowy mountain world (not destination) for a long time and the theme doesn't look half bad. I wish I didn't feel so empty about TS4 in general rn, because I'm not feeling much excitement. I'll watch the trailer though, and hope for the best? I mean it got me to write this comment, so that's a step right. 🤷🏻‍♀️ But I sure hope it is more than just skiing and snowboarding. We need things like building igloos together as a family, improved snowball fights (cause the current ones are just bad), better romance options, HOTELS, ... . We'll see.