Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Snowy Escape Speculation about features

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    We should get dragons. Dragons make sense for Japan and a mountainous region. Plus they can breathe fire to warm you up, you could ride them up and down the mountain, and that empty square near the peak could be where they do battle with each other.

In time my friend, in time.
    Bonehilda can come too. No skin and meat means she can't feel the cold. She can throw bones for the dragons to fetch. And she could come with dozens of clothing options, from her classic looks to a beautiful kimono.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I love Asian and Japanese culture, clothes etc. they were my favorite things in the Sims 2.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    We should get dragons. Dragons make sense for Japan and a mountainous region. Plus they can breathe fire to warm you up, you could ride them up and down the mountain, and that empty square near the peak could be where they do battle with each other.

Yes! you could find one in the mountains and befriend it then take it home with you!
  • Options
    aecollins21aecollins21 Posts: 64 Member
    So based on the leaked photo of lilsimsie playing and some things she's said in her live streams I'm betting on:

1.resorts/hotels (based on the new icon in the snowy area)
    2. Open rental/live lot placements (being able to place vacation rental lots in other worlds besides designated vacation worlds and/or being able to live in destination worlds)
    3. The colab probably mostly consists of the builds and default households which I think is amazing since all the game changers they partnered with are big builders who like to create stories behind the families who live in their builds.
    4. hoping for the ability to woohoo in either a snow bank or igloo with maybe the potential for a frostbite moodlet after woohooing in the show lol

I love the new world being Japanese since more racial diversity in the game is sorely needed. I also love the japanese esthetic for architecture and design both in the traditional and modern styles.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    3. The colab probably mostly consists of the builds and default households which I think is amazing since all the game changers they partnered with are big builders who like to create stories behind the families who live in their builds.

I am also really excited for this as I play with the lilsimsie save file and I love her builds and her character development... but on the flip side to this, hopefully this doesn't mean that the devs have just sat back and relaxed while they have basically built the world for them, I hope they have put more focus into the actual gameplay features.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    Anybody want some new kitchen counters with this?
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited October 2020
    I’m excited for the pack! But also a bit disappointed that this wasn’t Included in seasons. But also hopeful we might get a proper underwater pack?
    What I would really want is the yeti to return & a new death type.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited October 2020
    pleasehavesnowmobilespleasehavesnowmobilespleasehavesnowmobilespleasehavesnowmobilespleasehavesnowmobiles

Oh and hotels. Hotels would be fantastic too!
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    I’m excited for the pack! But also a bit disappointed that this wasn’t Included in seasons.
    What I would really want is the yeti to return!

And not as a costume like jtb did. That was such a dissapointment that the aliens were just costumes.

Please no! I hated outdoor retreat “bears” . Would be cute if they brought back the penguin from sims 2 or the Deers from sims 3
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Oh wait, that's a Japanese inspired world? I was thinking Mt Everest, (which is... Nepal??? I think) due to the Asian-mountain world combo. Sorry I sound stupid or ignorant, I don't know much about Asian architecture...

But it looks like we may be getting Snowboarding??? I hope we are at least... that was my number one wish with a winter-themed pack.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm really curious to see the Japanase furniture, hopefully they won't disappoint. Imagine having those tables where you sit on the floor (chabudai) and those beds that are also on the floor. I would Love it. I want to see lots of cherry blossoms and bamboo trees as well, the sushi station we had in The Sims 3 and hopefully a pond tool.

I just love this aestethic.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    This is an Expansion Pack?? The map looks extremely small. The maps of Game Packs look bigger than this....

Even I think the world is small but selvadorada is definetely smaller.

GTW world is the smallest, I forget it even exists
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I'm really curious to see the Japanase furniture, hopefully they won't disappoint. Imagine having those tables where you sit on the floor (chabudai) and those beds that are also on the floor. I would Love it. I want to see lots of cherry blossoms and bamboo trees as well, the sushi station we had in The Sims 3 and hopefully a pond tool.

I just love this aestethic.

I would love all this! Since it’s a snow pack too I really hope we get kotatsu, those heated tables with the blankets.

• Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    @Gordy wrote: »

But it would be Japanese dragons. Last I checked Japanese dragons don’t breathe fire. Fire-breathing is mainly a western/European dragon thing.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    I wonder if we'll have the possibility to go sight-seeing. On the announcement pic, we can see an asian sim pointing at something, and it looks like she is showing her friend around the city.
    Probably just a pose to add life to the image, but it would be nice to have guides give tours to tourists.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    It looks like we are getting new scruffy facial hair.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

But it would be Japanese dragons. Last I checked Japanese dragons don’t breathe fire. Fire-breathing is mainly a western/European dragon thing.
    Godzilla then. He can use his Atomic Breath.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited October 2020
    elelunicy wrote: »

Godzilla then. He can use his Atomic Breath.

LMAO

Dude I don't really care for dragons, but I want them in the game just to see you happy. It's fascinating how you can come up with a logical way to incorporate dragons in ANY theme. I love it.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    edited October 2020
    - Number of lots is aligned with most recent EPs
    - New roof type is exciting
    - Maybe the forest near the temple will have spirits?
    - I hope the southern neighborhood has more diverse seasons than the northern mountain (like cherry blossoms)
    - We already have meditation - and there is a zen rock garden in one of the worlds already, but we can't interact with it. Do we already have a mini bonsai sculpture?
    - I hope there's a upscale venue for ceremonies and parties.
    - Now I kinda want JtB to make the clothes look like Avatar Aang. This would be my avatar world.
  • Options
    smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    i so ready for this pack it going to bring so much fun to the game.Looking forwards to see what it all has in it.
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    So, looking at the top in the photo, that yellow marks kind of making a area or circuit, maybe the ski area there?
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited October 2020
    It's nice to see something from the official surveys made it into the game. Looks like my number one want of mountain climbing might actually be a thing! I'm eager to learn more tomorrow - can't wait to see this world in my game!!! The Sims 4 has desperately needed some Asian influence and I'm so glad to see this beautiful part of the world finally getting the representation it deserves (albeit a small fraction of it!)