Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Snowy Escape Speculation about features

Comments

• Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I know it's going to be a disappointing pack. I'm sure most of these won't come in, and the few that do will be botched. But speculation is the second most fun thing about Sims 4, after complaining.

Features
    • Hotels: Should be a major feature. We should be able to make and run our own hotels/motels/hostels/whatever and take care of our guests, as well as being able to visit these hotels for ourselves.
    • New food: We got some good Japanese/Asian food in Dine Out and City Living, but more would be neat. Maybe less fancy stuff.
    • Ninjas: Time to recycle those teleporting animations.
    • Small pets: give us snow monkeys. Like seriously, you have the power to make a crazy world where real world problems don't apply, all for the sake of fun and excitement. Stop wasting your potential on poorly thought-out & dubious environmental messages, and give us our 🎃🎃🎃🎃 monkeys already.
    • Yeti: I know they don't really fit Japan, but when are we actually going to get another winter world? Plus it's not like Japan doesn't know about them. We could even year the yeti costume from the holiday pack to disguise ourselves in order to get close to them. Bonus points if we can breed with them and have yeti babies.
    • Traditional Japanese radio station: Gimme my Sea in Spring and other background vocals.

Activities/Skills
    • New instruments: Koto, Shamisen, Taiko drum.
    • Snowboarding: Attached to its own skill. You can race others down the mountain or perform stunts. I'd like my own official tournaments and competitions (where you can get paid and become a pro-boarder), but being able to make my own tournaments my racings sims would also be decent.
    • Sword Sparring: I know samurai don't usually walk the streets of modern Japan, but it'd still be fun to see. Especially if you can train in it. They could just recycle the Get Famous and the Shart Wars pack animations.
    • Martial Arts: Sure, why not?
    • Shogi or Mahjong: The latter was in Sims 2 so why not
    • Culture: Sulani was all about having a strong culture, but Selvadorada handled it better AND gave you a new skill to help you learn it. I want this skill here, at least so I can show that my sim is learning about the local culture.

CAS/BB
    • Just copy everything from Takemizu Village back in Sims 2, and I'll be happy.
    • But I want those low tea tables especially.
    • Hot springs.
    • Cherry blossom trees. Bonus points if we can raise them and sell their flowers/petals. In my city, we have an event where we go to the park during the season to watch them bloom. I'd LOVE to have my sims go to their local park in spring to picnic under them.

tl;dr: Just give us Takemizu Village + sports

I would LOVE all of this. But I'm shook you didn't include dragons.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2020
    I would LOVE all of this. But I'm shook you didn't include dragons.
    Gordy wrote: »
    [*] Small pets

They are rather small ain't they :wink:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I'm really curious to see the Japanase furniture, hopefully they won't disappoint. Imagine having those tables where you sit on the floor (chabudai) and those beds that are also on the floor. I would Love it. I want to see lots of cherry blossoms and bamboo trees as well, the sushi station we had in The Sims 3 and hopefully a pond tool.

I just love this aestethic.

Oh man....

Please let there be a pond tool. Please let there be a pond tool. Please please please let there be a pond tool.

And low dining tables.
    And low platform beds.
    And hotels.
    And kimonos.
    And toe socks/sandals.
    And beautiful trees/bushes/flowers/pond add-ons.
    And sliding shoji doors/windows/screens.
    And hotels.
    And a japanese shrine.
    And zen gardens.
    And a sakura festival.
    And hotels.
    And Samurai sword sparring.
    And martial arts.
    And harvestable cherry trees.
    And hotels.

Oh oh.... and I want that Pagoda building to be an apartment building!

Okay, I need to stop. I'm getting carried away. :D

Yes yes yes. And you forgot to mention hotels.

Please EA don't let us down!

LOL get prepared.....that is a lot of asks in that list LOL

Consider this is Facebook and I just gave your comment a cry reaction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I liked EL though some of the features did not appeal and the bugs need to be fixed.

Journey to Batuu was just not a theme that appealed to me. That's ok with me because I don't expect that everything will.

This one does appeal to me and is something that I requested in some form. It will fit right into my game so I am open-minded.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I hope that this world is fake, because it is small a little. If I add some hotels, restaurants and spas, there will be no space to live :(

You only need one of each of those tho....maybe a couple restaurants. Plenty of room for homes.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I hope they introduced multiple lot function within those lots in mt korebi or whatever thats called, there could be a restaurant and a hotel all within the same indoor area.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    This is arguably the most interesting feature to me .. BUT BUT BUT .. I am worried that with the way sim personalities currently work (and fail) lifestyles may "manifest" and "change" my sim's behaviour in less desirable ways...

CJRrzZb.png
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    This is arguably the most interesting feature to me .. BUT BUT BUT .. I am worried that with the way sim personalities currently work (and fail) lifestyles may "manifest" and "change" my sim's behaviour in less desirable ways...

CJRrzZb.png

Yeah I saw this, it wasn’t clear in the trailer but I’m really intrigued how this will work.

It looks like there won’t be hotels from what I can see but I would love to know if the world will be residential or not. It looks like there are both rentals and homes in the trailer and leaked world images so I’m hoping November’s update allows us to place rentals in any world.

I’m also very excited to learn about that cute spirit.

• Options

CJRrzZb.png

Yeah I saw this, it wasn’t clear in the trailer but I’m really intrigued how this will work.

It looks like there won’t be hotels from what I can see but I would love to know if the world will be residential or not. It looks like there are both rentals and homes in the trailer and leaked world images so I’m hoping November’s update allows us to place rentals in any world.

I think / hope the world is too large to be a destination world. I would be really annoyed if it was tbh, I don't see the point in adding a single destination world in an EP - 2 or 3 maybe, but 1? Especially since there are no other worlds like it. But I think it'll be more like Sulani. And agreed, rentals in all worlds would be a great feature.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    After watching the trailer and reading the press release I am getting SOO excited for this!!!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options

CJRrzZb.png

I think / hope the world is too large to be a destination world. I would be really annoyed if it was tbh, I don't see the point in adding a single destination world in an EP - 2 or 3 maybe, but 1? Especially since there are no other worlds like it. But I think it'll be more like Sulani. And agreed, rentals in all worlds would be a great feature.

Update: sound like we will get rentals, at least in this world.
    "The first world in The Sims 4to introduce both residential homes and rental lots for vacationers, Mt. Komorebi offers three new primary neighborhoods for Sims to take their dream vacation or make the winter locale their home. "
    https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/Bundle-Up-For-The-Ultimate-Winter-Getaway-In-The-Sims-4-Snowy-Escape-Available-November-13/default.aspx

That's something at least :)
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    And to be fair (then I'll stop spamming) as much as I'm worried the feature won't work as advertised, I do like the sound of this ... now let's see what that REALLY means in-game:
    "The Sims 4 Snowy Escape also introduces Lifestyles and Sentiments features, adding more depth to Sims’ personalities and relationships. For the first time, up to 16 Lifestyles will manifest in response to a Sim’s actions and habits, changing their behaviors significantly more than Create a Sim traits as they reflect a Sim’s lived experiences. Sentiments represent how two Sims can feel differently about the outcome of a shared experience and have a lasting impact on Sims’ relationships to each other, affecting their social interactions."

ETA: but the longer I think about it, the more I wonder if I can agree with this practice... they've given us sims with incomplete personalities, and when they finally improve those personalities, they tie that to an EP? I mean it doesn't sound like it'll be pre-patch, it's listed as an expansion feature... that doesn't really sit well with me.
  • Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    So excited for this ! We've not seen much yet, but I think this is their best pack so far ! And the features announced on their website are very interesting, I can't wait to learn more about the new lifestyles and sentiments. The world looks beautiful and it seems like they did a great job regardian the asian representation (I'm not an expert but I saw many features that you guys were requesting in that regard).
    I also noticed, at the very end, a sim falling from the climbing rock... might be deadly.
    And there were small cute creatures. And also something that looked like a festival or a theme park ?
    I'm not even mad about the hotels, I'm really hyped. They did a great job.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited October 2020
    I can't wait for the lifestyle and sentiments features !! (why sentiments and not feelings ?)

No signs of hotels though.
    And I really hope it's a residential world, even though the sims in the trailer clearly looked like they were on a vacation.

Also :

Onsen

W9hnRlQ.png

New food and what looks like a fondue pot

aTfYmHM.png
  • Options
    "The first world in The Sims 4 to introduce both residential homes and rental lots for vacationers, Mt. Komorebi offers three new primary neighborhoods for Sims to take their dream vacation or make the winter locale their home."
  • Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I think there may be a rabbit hole temple in a cave, similar to the cave in Sulani.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    It seems like you can rent a place or live there.

2UuyZ3C.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    These I guess :

PbTMYsM.png
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It seems like you can rent a place or live there.

2UuyZ3C.png

Customizable platforms????? Whats that? I see the world is a destination and residential world but cant they just unlock the rental lot type for all worlds and make the destination worlds also residential so we can decide what will be a destination and what wont be a destination world.

• Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    Chaton wrote: »
    "The first world in The Sims 4 to introduce both residential homes and rental lots for vacationers, Mt. Komorebi offers three new primary neighborhoods for Sims to take their dream vacation or make the winter locale their home."

if its a vacation world then i hope modders get onto fixing that issue asap although i think its going to be residential and allow u to live there permanently as well but also allow us to rent a house if we dont want to live there but stay there for a couple days which makes sense seeing its half abt culture half abt vacation
  • Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    Guys... graveyards ?

1603209989-capture-d-ecran-2020-10-20-a-18-04-49.jpg
  • Options