Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Snowy Escape Speculation about features

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited October 2020
    Also there’s one thing we need to take into account : The map is leaked from Lilsimsie’s game, so she may have changed some lots/lot types, we don’t know that.
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    Finally some other culture worlds!! Im so in for it :D
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Yay!! I’m so happy 😁
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    adamzaid wrote: »
    i wonder how seasons will affect this world actually if it will rain and stuff like that but what im most exited for is the inclusion of japenese culture which is something ive wanted for like years now so that srsly make me so happy to see this. i also hope the world is residential although from the looks of it it does look residential

I think they have set the climate to cold all year. If so, the snow will never be gone, and simmers get almost the same experience regardless of having the Seasons pack or not. Perhaps you need the pack for extras like snowing and wind etc?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Hopefully it comes with the ability to have rental lots in all worlds. It’s clear we are getting snowboarding, sledging and mountain climbing. Skiiing would be fun too but as we are getting the 3 mentioned about I’m doubtful skiing would come. Hotels would be nice but I’m not sure if I would use them as I prefer the rental option. I’m intrigued by the Japanese inspired world and the winter outfits have that 90s colourful vibe to them. Can’t wait to see more in the trailer
  • Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    Pandas would be cool ! Or Siberian tigers ! Meeting one could be... unfortunate.
    They could work like dolphins in Island Living, you could have the opportunity to meet one when hiking in the forest.
    I would love that !
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited October 2020
    deleted
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    deleted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    deleted
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    This is an Expansion Pack?? The map looks extremely small. The maps of Game Packs look bigger than this....

I said the other day that I felt this theme was too specific and would sit better in a GP (like OR or JA). So... the gameplay and features are going to really have to blow me away to convince me otherwise. Very intrigued to know how it will 'expand' the core of the game.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Chaton wrote: »
    Pandas would be cool ! Or Siberian tigers ! Meeting one could be... unfortunate.
    They could work like dolphins in Island Living, you could have the opportunity to meet one when hiking in the forest.
    I would love that !

I don't think they have wild pandas or tigers in Japan. They have small monkeys, cranes, and an island with lots of cats.
  • Options
    Holiday wrote: »
    This is an Expansion Pack?? The map looks extremely small. The maps of Game Packs look bigger than this....

I said the other day that I felt this theme was too specific and would sit better in a GP (like OR or JA). So... the gameplay and features are going to really have to blow me away to convince me otherwise. Very intrigued to know how it will 'expand' the core of the game.

I agree. And sledding isn't going to expand my gameplay....
  • Options
    As much as I would like my sims to interact with a Panda, I don’t think there are Pandas or tigers in Japan, except in Zoos.
    I would love that !

• Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    @bixters wrote: »

Where have you been in the last 3 years? :D This is about the same number of lots as all past EP worlds since Cats & Dogs.

Brindleton Bay: 16 lots
    Del Sol Valley: 12 lots (including 1 hidden career lot)
    Sulani: 14
    Britechester: 13
    Evergreen Harbor: 15
    Mt. Komorebi: 14

A1qsnJV.jpg
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Actually, on looking at a correct image of the map (the one posted here has the bottom cropped off) it looks like it will have 10 or 11 lots. So that makes me a little more optimistic...
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    elelunicy wrote: »
    @bixters wrote: »

Where have you been in the last 3 years? :D This is about the same number of lots as all past EP worlds since Cats & Dogs.

Brindleton Bay: 16 lots
    Del Sol Valley: 12 lots (including 1 hidden career lot)
    Sulani: 14
    Britechester: 13
    Evergreen Harbor: 15
    Mt. Komorebi: 14

A1qsnJV.jpg

The image they posted earlier in this thread was incorrect and cropped at the top, so those are the only lots I saw. Thank you for posting the correct image!
  • Options
    There might be appartments.
    Actually, on looking at a correct image of the map (the one posted here has the bottom cropped off) it looks like it will have 10 or 11 lots. So that makes me a little more optimistic...

• Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I would love that !

I don't think they have wild pandas or tigers in Japan. They have small monkeys, cranes, and an island with lots of cats.

Oh sorry, I thought this was a Chinese inspired world.
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    There might be appartments.

I don't know about apartments, but definitely some sort of resort! Hopefully functional hotels!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I would love that !

Oh sorry, I thought this was a Chinese inspired world.

It's definitely Japanese going by the name and the architectural style of the pagoda.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member

14 lots and 3 hoods if you include the snowy area ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    We should get dragons. Dragons make sense for Japan and a mountainous region. Plus they can breathe fire to warm you up, you could ride them up and down the mountain, and that empty square near the peak could be where they do battle with each other.

In time my friend, in time.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I really want hotels.
    I really want winter sports and please fix snowball fights.
    Hoping for hot cocoa to make at home.
    I expect a Japanese tea set.
    I hate to say it but I was looking forward to a more Swiss alps than Japanese inspired.