Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 in Development - Exciting Clues!

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    @Horrorgirl6

Still , no sources. Where are the sources for the "most people" stopped playing comments? Lets go ahead and start backing some of this up. Where is the data? Nothing, just speculation. Also not sure by what you mean by "of course, thats facebook" . Fans sharing their thoughts on facebook, are still valid people who are part of this community.

Well the thing is there is also no proof people are playing the game right now either.

Except, i see it the other way around. The regular sales are invigorating and a sign of health.

I am not saying this is not possible but I see no reason for EA to have EPs 50% off almost all the time, especially Eco Lifestyle that just came out last month and it has already been on a 25% sale twice.

Disnt they also send a survey .How did you feel about Eco Living?
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    @Horrorgirl6

Still , no sources. Where are the sources for the "most people" stopped playing comments? Lets go ahead and start backing some of this up. Where is the data? Nothing, just speculation. Also not sure by what you mean by "of course, thats facebook" . Fans sharing their thoughts on facebook, are still valid people who are part of this community.

Well the thing is there is also no proof people are playing the game right now either.

Except, i see it the other way around. The regular sales are invigorating and a sign of health.

I am not saying this is not possible but I see no reason for EA to have EPs 50% off almost all the time, especially Eco Lifestyle that just came out last month and it has already been on a 25% sale twice.

Haha really, there is no proof? You're not in our homes with us as we play it.But we are playing it. It literally doesnt make any sense to imagine that the millions of people who own Sims 4 and its EP's are not playing it, just because you happen to not to be a fan. That requires so much more suspension of disbelief. I mean as a person who is somewhat of a creator and adds my creations to the gallery, i can tell people are playing because of the downloads i receive for my content and the engagement. What proof?

There are thousands of posts in the "Whats happened in your game today?" and Happy play threads. I was active in sims groups on facebook and those have upwards of 60k members who post regularly of whats going on in their game. The custom content community is thriving, people are paying content creators for their content. Do you really think people are doing that for a game they dont play? Paying for content they wont use? I mean, seriously.

Like i said, once you become determined to think that everyone feels the way you do about Sims 4 and determined to think its performing poorly , you will become less sensible.

Girl I didn't become determined to prove the Sims 4 is performing poorly. I am just taking your argument of having no "sources" and using it on you. You have no sources either to prove that 30 million people are actually playing the game. Do you know how many people own The Sims 2 and 3. Do you think they still play it?
    We cannot know how many people are playing or are not playing right now. There are as many comments on Youtube saying they don't play the Sims 4 as there are people actively posting what they did in the game. You just can't know or prove anything just by that.

We are just speculating here and your comment is as much a speculation as @ClarionOfJoy's is.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    I never understand the notion.That on sale, must means it's doing fantastic.By that logic last of us part 2 is doing great.By giving away free copies.
  • Options
    Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    There is evidence all around that people are playing sims 4. I mentioned those evidences in my post. I dont need to prove people are playing the game because its obvious that they are. To think no one is playing it is actually the ridiculous argument and requires proof when you claim to know that people have stopped playing, especially when you claim to know a significant amount of people have. So no, its not just as much of a speculation at all.

Yeah, we cannot know how many arent. So stop using that as an argument. Its just a baseless claim then.
  • Options
    Sims 4 sales is not private info. It has and it continuing to sell very well. Not just the base game. The expansions . So yes, that is evidence that people are playing. No people aren't buying them just to let the copy sit in their origin library. Thats an illogical conclusion.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    There is evidence all around that people are playing sims 4. I mentioned those evidences in my post. I dont need to prove people are playing the game because its obvious that they are. To think no one is playing it is actually the ridiculous argument and requires proof when you claim to know that people have stopped playing, especially when you claim to know a significant amount of people have. So no, its not just as much of a speculation at all.

Yeah, we cannot know how many arent. So stop using that as an argument. Its just a baseless claim then.

Again we do not know if 30 million people are playing the game right now as you bravely assumed in your previous comment. Those sales are over time and of course a lot of people who have The Sims 4 in their library since 2014 or even later like 2018 might not be playing anymore. Does it seem so weird to you that people have games in their libraries they are not playing? I personally have so many games in my library I can't play each and every one, especially those I might not like as much.
    So again, a lot people maybe are playing or are not playing. You can't know. The facebook group thing and the threads on this forum are nowhere near that 30 million mark you mentioned and even if the game is still selling, so was The Sims 3 yet they still made The Sims 4.
    Just don't accuse people of having no valid "source" when you are also lacking one.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy So there are new job openings listed on EA Careers.

I still love TS4 and enjoy playing it and look forward to new packs, but it is also exciting to think about the future. Maybe TS5 really will go into production soon?

Under Maxis studios, they're hiring in Redwood City and Austin, and under the Austin openings, they mention new IP. I'm still not sure if new IP means TS5 is new IP or a new type of game from Maxis?

And also this will make you happy @ClarionOfJoy, one of the Austin openings mentions "Unreal Engine Proficiency with Cascade or Niagara, and visual scripting thru node-based systems." I don't know a lot about game design, but I understand in motion graphics and visual effects for film and television, that node-based systems are better to work with because they are non-linear meaning they're easier to build upon. This could be a good sign?

I hope so! If those openings are for TS5 development then it would also show that there are more development teams for TS5 like it was for TS2 and TS3. Which may mean it would have more gameplay features and such! Oh please EAxis, I hope so!

• Options
    I never understand the notion.That on sale, must means it's doing fantastic.By that logic last of us part 2 is doing great.By giving away free copies.

I agree. When something is on sale so frequently or given away free like TS4 DURING ITS RUN, it means that product isn't that great and would need to be discounted to draw sales. Whereas, if a product is excellent it would cost more and won't go on sale as much if at all, like TS3 or may no longer be available like TS2 which a is far superior closed world over TS4 (because then NO ONE will buy TS4, lol!).

That is the main indication that TS4 isn't do so well. If it's so successful, then EA wouldn't put it on sale so much or giving away so much of it for free. I mean, if I wait long enough, all the stuff from the packs will become free in patches for the base game, lol!

• Options
    I'm not going it's doing terrible.They do seem to make packs.Granted probably just until they release five.Since five us bieing made late.Its just that it's weird to see people.Its doing great, and has so many owners. Ignoring it's because of the sales.
  • Options
    I'm not going it's doing terrible.They do seem to make packs.Granted probably just until they release five.Since five us bieing made late.Its just that it's weird to see people.Its doing great, and has so many owners. Ignoring it's because of the sales.

Sales could have been better if the game had a stronger engine that the devs could add more meaningful gameplay to. Then they wouldn't have had to churn out so many packs (a good number of which were not that great).

This is why I hope that the basegame for TS5 is really strong and feature rich and well-made. Hopefully the packs built on that would also be jam-packed with working gameplay and content. Then they wouldn't have to churn out so many poorly made ones to reach sales quotas.

• Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I'm so ready for a TS5 and this engine would be awesome.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Anyone who claims that Sims 4 has lost millions of players, is actually the one who should be providing the sources. Have some people possibly stopped playing Sims 4? sure. But because again, you have 0 facts or sources to support that, so using that to prop up the idea of Sims 5 doesnt work. Also, you previously said that there was no evidence that ANYONE is playing this game, but you have yet to acknowledge and concede that yes, the engagement from the people actually buying the game and not just the Base game, but the current EP's and also the engagement that fans have on social media , including the threads here on this forum, do show that yes, *SOME* (actually many) people ARE playing The Sims 4. The gallery itself has tons of activity. So i can assure you myself , that yes there is lot of engagement and players.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2020
    ^^ While I enjoy your post how it was showing many more new things I have yet to see <3 And I applaud you for it.
    But don't be surprised if many people come in here saying that there is no way TS5 is coming anytime soon and that TS4 has many more years -rolls eyes.-

But this blows TS4 out of the water by leaps and bounds. Maxis is not ever going to fix TS4's problems because it is clear to me that they are putting their all in this next project. I don't believe any of those people who say they are just going to stick with TS4, if TS5 is built with the Unreal Engine, a very powerful game engine, I must emphasize, that will bring a basegame with so many features.
    While it's true that unreal engine 5 is a fantastic engine, it's still up to the creator to deliver results. Just look at the level of polish and quality Death Stranding pulls out of HZD's Decima Engine - even though HZD was already breathtaking, the realism of DS shows that you can always get more from your engines than you ever thought possible.

My point being, I think EA can very well fail to deliver quality even with the very best of engines 😂 I really do no want any multiplayer stuff in TS5 - because no matter the engine, creating it will take development time away from the single player experience, simply because they've shown more than once that they don't always know what this community needs and wants, and instead get lost in stuff they thought was cool.

I don't hate TS4 but when TS5 comes I want the most fleshed out single player simulation game the world has ever seen, not a multiplayer focused sims game with a watered down single player experience, running on what is indeed a fantastic engine. In the end, how much quality you can produce is a matter of skill and will as much as it is a matter of raw resources.
  • Options
    Anyone who claims that Sims 4 has lost millions of players, is actually the one who should be providing the sources. Have some people possibly stopped playing Sims 4? sure. But because again, you have 0 facts or sources to support that, so using that to prop up the idea of Sims 5 doesnt work. Also, you previously said that there was no evidence that ANYONE is playing this game, but you have yet to acknowledge and concede that yes, the engagement from the people actually buying the game and not just the Base game, but the current EP's and also the engagement that fans have on social media , including the threads here on this forum, do show that yes, *SOME* (actually many) people ARE playing The Sims 4. The gallery itself has tons of activity. So i can assure you myself , that yes there is lot of engagement and players.

No one said that no one is playing it so you're arguing into the air. But it should be doing better than it actually is and not need to go on sale and be given away free so often during its run - the previous iterations didn't experience this at all.

Another indication that TS4 s not doing well is that during the previous iterations, no one dared try to compete with their own life sim games against The Sims because those iterations were wildly successful. But TS4 not only emboldened one competitor, but TWO to try to capture the sim market away from the series.

And if TS4 series is so great, then EA should rerelease TS2 for PC, confident that this won't steal TS4's thunder and market share. But you KNOW they won't.....

• Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    ^^ While I enjoy your post how it was showing many more new things I have yet to see <3 And I applaud you for it.
    But don't be surprised if many people come in here saying that there is no way TS5 is coming anytime soon and that TS4 has many more years -rolls eyes.-

But this blows TS4 out of the water by leaps and bounds. Maxis is not ever going to fix TS4's problems because it is clear to me that they are putting their all in this next project. I don't believe any of those people who say they are just going to stick with TS4, if TS5 is built with the Unreal Engine, a very powerful game engine, I must emphasize, that will bring a basegame with so many features.
    While it's true that unreal engine 5 is a fantastic engine, it's still up to the creator to deliver results. Just look at the level of polish and quality Death Stranding pulls out of HZD's Decima Engine - even though HZD was already breathtaking, the realism of DS shows that you can always get more from your engines than you ever thought possible.

My point being, I think EA can very well fail to deliver quality even with the very best of engines 😂 I really do no want any multiplayer stuff in TS5 - because no matter the engine, creating it will take development time away from the single player experience, simply because they've shown more than once that they don't always know what this community needs and wants, and instead get lost in stuff they thought was cool.

I don't hate TS4 but when TS5 comes I want the most fleshed out single player simulation game the world has ever seen, not a multiplayer focused sims game with a watered down single player experience, running on what is indeed a fantastic engine. In the end, how much quality you can produce is a matter of skill and will as much as it is a matter of raw resources.

Yeah, I agree with you. I REALLY don't want TS5 to have a multiplayer side to it either. But EAxis seems hellbent on making it happen, smh. We can keep trying to convince them not to, but they seem to want to ignore the community and try to attract a new set of customers that are more inclined towards multiplayer games. The thing is the life sim genre has very distinct characteristics that tend to favor singleplayer gameplay. I don't see it attracting the multiplayer crowd at all.

They want The Sims series to become multiplayer because they want to increase its profit-making is all. That's the only reason why they want TS5 to have it. But they need to realize that not all game genres would work well with multiplayer mode and the life sim genre is one of them. They need to find some other way to make it more profitable.

My own idea is to be able to bring other characters from their other games to be able to live in any world in The Sims 5, where the player can build homes for them and spend whatever money they made in the other games. And the careers of these characters would actually be the games they came from. I had previously posted about this in this thread and I hope EAxis considers it:

To further expand on keeping singleplayer and multiplayer mode separate, I would also like TS5's singleplayer mode to not be "online" always and tethered to a server. I read about what happened to Darkspore and other online only games that no longer work because they are tethered to servers that no longer exist. There's also the problem that the server could go down and people won't be able to access their savegames. I wouldn't mind saving and syncing to the cloud but I think it's important that TS5 should keep the ability to save games locally.

For the multiplayer side, I still don't want anyone messing with my game. If EA wants TS5 to have multiplayer, it would be great to keep it separate with its own worlds for people to visit.

-=<*>=-

What I would really like though is for EA to make it possible to link their games together. What I mean is that if I'm playing The Saboteur which is an EA game that I really love, it would be nice if my character from that game, Sean Devlin, is able to go home in The Sims 5 and build a home for himself there with all the money he made in The Saboteur game.

The Saboteur - Feeling Good (by Nina Simone)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W78n3bq6LSw

The missions in that game are so much fun to play, but can be really intense! Oftentimes after a completed mission and Sean made a ton of money (which is contraband in The Saboteur), I'm exhausted! I know my character isn't, but I would love it if I was able to connect the games together and have my Sean Devlin character be able to go home to his house somewhere in The Sims 5 (preferably a TS5 version of The Saboteur's Paris or La Havre, my favorite place there) and relax and spend his money in that world.

The Sean Devlin character in TS5 doesn't have to look exactly the same as in the original The Saboteur, but just look similar. I would like it though if some stats transferred over such as what missions were just completed. Then if he talks to another sim, an option to talk about that would pop up in the pie menu. Also needs should be reflected as well, so when he comes back from a mission in The Saboteur, his needs should all be down (except the fun meter!) so that the first things he does is eat and sleep (and take a bath if the mission was especially explosive).

I would also like The Saboteur game to be this character's career! So whenever he completes a mission, that levels up the career. It won't need skills in The Saboteur game of course, but skills would still be needed to contribute to leveling up the career. By the time he completes all the main and side missions will he only reach level 10 of that career.

It would also be nice to add replicas of things from other EA games to The Sims 5. For example, it would be awesome if the character was able to bring some of those sports cars from The Saboteur like the beloved Aurora:

Saboteur%202010-03-08%2013-09-11-46.jpg

Other EA games I'd like to see connected to The Sims 5 and see their characters in the game are: Mass Effect series, Crysis series and Dragon Age series.

I would also like to see TS5 moddable to add other characters from non-EA games too (like the Borderlands series)!

This would create a symbiosis of cross-game purchasing and playing and I think will increase profits, not only for The Sims, but for all their published games linked to TS5.

So if you want to convince them not to make TS5 multiplayer, try to come up with other ideas to increase its profitability without requiring it to be multiplayer, so everyone, please post your creative ideas here!

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2020
    They want The Sims series to become multiplayer because they want to increase its profit-making is all. That's the only reason why they want TS5 to have it. But they need to realize that not all game genres would work well with multiplayer mode and the life sim genre is one of them. They need to find some other way to make it more profitable.

Totally agree! I'll never quite understand why EA keeps trying to shove multiplayer down every franchise's throat, regardless if it fits or not. I mean SURE yes in a competitive game, I see how you can make a decent amount of money (no matter how despicable it is) by locking powerful abilities behind paywalls, since there's always someone somewhere who'll pay for it, thereby effectively being so OP that others will too. But in the sims? I just don't get it :joy: I really really hope they'll let go of this. We like the gallery, yeah sure, it's cool to upload and share and download other people's stuff. But I think we don't need more multiplayer than that. Coz I sure as plum ain't visiting anyone's game or letting any other simmer into mine :D
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    I took a few years away from playing TS4 so this game still feels quite new and unexplored for me, so I'm not thinking about TS5 just yet. It is an exciting prospect, though. Hopefully we will finally get a base game that lives up to TS2.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited August 2020
    Catering for low powerfull computers AND the sales, including offering the base game expecting for pack sales, are a strategy to get the greatest amount ever of people playing the game. And it works.

Whether it's something i personally aprove of or not, whether priorities are somehow 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up or not, it's a strategy (and it pays) and not a way to solve a problem (sims 4 has it's own problems, lack of sales and players it's def not one of them)
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »
    Catering for low powerfull computers AND the sales, including offering the base game expecting for pack sales, are a strategy to get the greatest amount ever of people playing the game. And it works.

Whether it's something i personally aprove of or not, whether priorities are somehow 🌺🌺🌺🌺 up or not, it's a strategy (and it pays) and not a way to solve a problem (sims 4 has it's own problems, lack of sales and players it's def not one of them)

TS4 runs on low end computers because it was suppose to be a multiplayer game, but was converted to singleplayer when SimCity online bombed. You are arguing too into the air because no one said that it lacked sales and players - it just doesn't have better sales or play longevity as previous iterations have.

By your logic EA should have made all the previous iterations' basegames free and encourage purchasing their packs, but they didn't. Know why? Because people were willing to buy the basegames oftentimes FULL PRICE. So EA never had to give them away free!

• Options

Whether it's something i personally aprove of or not, whether priorities are somehow 🌺🌺🌺🌺 up or not, it's a strategy (and it pays) and not a way to solve a problem (sims 4 has it's own problems, lack of sales and players it's def not one of them)

TS4 runs on low end computers because it was suppose to be a multiplayer game, but was converted to singleplayer when SimCity online bombed. You are arguing too into the air because no one said that it lacked sales and players - it just doesn't have better sales or play longevity as previous iterations have.

By your logic EA should have made all the previous iterations' basegames free and encourage purchasing their packs, but they didn't. Know why? Because people were willing to buy the basegames oftentimes FULL PRICE. So EA never had to give them away free!

TS4 runs on low end computers because it was suppose to be a multiplayer game
    AND it makes a powerfull strategy to get more people to play. They would never had got the numbers they have nowadays if only people with gaming computers could play.

it just doesn't have better sales
    Yes, it has.

By your logic EA should have made all the previous iterations' basegames free and encourage purchasing their packs
    what logic? Read again, please.

EA never had to give them away free
    Again, they don't HAVE to give away. By my logic :tongue: it's a strategy.
  • Options

AND it makes a powerfull strategy to get more people to play. They would never had got the numbers they have nowadays if only people with gaming computers could play.

Yes, it has.

By your logic EA should have made all the previous iterations' basegames free and encourage purchasing their packs

*Shrug* Some strategy! The previous iterations didn't even need this desperate strategy that EA had to use to get people to buy TS4. You can say that it has better sales, but the fact that they had to even use this desperate strategy shows that it isn't doing well. And don't forget, the failure of TS4 is what emboldened 2 competitors to come out with their own sims games. This is the only good thing that TS4 did, lol!

• Options

Yes, it has.

*Shrug* Some strategy! The previous iterations didn't even need this desperate strategy that EA had to use to get people to buy TS4. You can say that it has better sales, but the fact that they had to even use this desperate strategy shows that it isn't doing well. And don't forget, the failure of TS4 is what emboldened 2 competitors to come out with their own sims games. This is the only good thing that TS4 did, lol!

Well, what can i say... nothing... you just repeat yourself over and over again.
  • Options

Yes, it has.

Well, what can i say... nothing... you just repeat yourself over and over again.

"Shrug* Truth doesn't change.

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2020

Actually they do know how many actually play or spend all their time in CAS and or in build loading lots to the gallery. It's called spyware, in some circles. But Origin (even if offline) knows when you start up the game and phones home even when not in the game but doing something else on your pc to tell EA who played and where. And actually it isn't just Origin but any app you have in your pc or tablet or phone. They all know what you did all day on your phone and or where you went and or what you did on your pc. They all commuicate with each other, too. Unless you go in and remove all permissions and uninstall them. It's one big wicked web of spying. FB knows all of your contacts, their contacts and their phone numbers and what they did on a tablet, or phone and or a pc or laptop. So does MS, so does EA, and so does Google (who shares it with anyone who wants it) and so do all your apps, every one of them. They also know who uninstalled TS4, who doesn't load it in several weeks or months and or years. It's all known. So, yes they do know every thing about every bit of your life and any contact you had with anyone else who doesn't even play games.

So, when they say more new players each month, they know it, but it doesn't say hey, we gave away x amount of free copies to get new players. IF it was that good, people wouldn't have to give away free candy. It's like going up to someone and asking do you want a free game? And they might say, well, ok, I guess. And or a line forming in front of a store and begging for a free game....there is a difference. No one is lining up and begging Maxis/EA to give them TS4 but rather Maxis is soliciting others to come get a free game. Proof not enough are playing to suit them, maybe we would think omg that's a lot, is in sales. If a company has to keep giving away a base game and or reducing the price of EPs and GPs etc. then it means they don't feel it is doing enough to get new players and or maintain the player base. It's why things go on sale. Business 101, nothing goes on sale unless you are losing revenue and or can't maintain a customer base that will return and return and pay your prices. If soap has been setting on your shelf and not enough buying it, a company puts it on sale to move out the product. They may need the space for a new product they made a deal with, or the soap is so bad no one wanted it. So, they put it on sale and or give it away (which they can take off their taxes as a loss) and or clearance it out never to sell it again.

ETA: But here is another lesson in internet businesses. They don't really care if you play a game free or sold to you. It's about you and your personal information. A game is just a vehicle they ride to get that info and sell it or lend it or share it to third party companies who when all is said and done they make thier money off you, not a game being sold to you. You are the product and really as long as they get new identities (new players or anyone else) they can share and sell (no matter the company) then yes they are making billions because it was never about a game but your info sold and or shared with other companies.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.