Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 in Development - Exciting Clues!

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited July 2020
    Oh, I also forgot to mention! I bought my copy of The Saboteur from GOG, the Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Crysis games were purchased from a mix of GOG, Steam and Origin. It would be great that if those EA games can be connected to TS5 regardless of where they were bought from!

• SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    If they make TS5 strictly online, I may have to rethink it, otherwise waiting to see what they come up with.
    Keeping an eye on Paralives too.
    Hate to see the hive mind, mob mentality / groups of people who run in packs attack other people.
    Its pathetic.
    People say oh we just want everyone to be able to voice their opinion, but actually no, that's not what you want.
    You want to make a power move and try to make everyone see you are the leader of the pack.
    But people can't see what isn't there.
    Read this whole thread and didn't see any bullying and I should know.
    Got banned from this site once because of the mob mentality that likes to gang up on people in groups, and goes to the moderators with lies.
    Go ahead and ban me again, who gives a plum ?
    faytheful wrote: »
    If they make TS5 strictly online, I may have to rethink it, otherwise waiting to see what they come up with.

Hate to see the hive mind, mob mentality / groups of people who run in packs attack other people.
    Its pathetic.
    People say oh we just want everyone to be able to voice their opinion, but actually no, that's not what you want.
    You want to make a power move and try to make everyone see you are the leader of the pack.
    Got banned from this site once because of the mob mentality that likes to gang up on people in groups, and goes to the moderators with lies.

I read that Paralives will definitely be offline so that would be a better option if TS5 becomes online.

I'm glad you saw through all that! Thanks so much! I agree with you - this is their MO here.

This is why The Sims needs competition.

PS - Don't bother replying to them. They'll just make it worse.

edited July 2020
    Back to The Sims 5 possible development with the Unreal Engine.....

Other EA games I think would work well with The Sims 5 would be the FIFA and Madden sports series. I don't personally play them, but I know they are HUGE and rake in a ton of money for EA. If you connect those with TS5, EA will be able get some considerable cross-play of fans and EA will get even MORE profits!

Because the way I see it, FIFA and Madden fans will be able to build fancy homes for their favorite sports players in TS5 and simmers might buy those games so that their sims can play in those games as their athletic careers.

Games set in space or science fiction, such as the Mass Effect series or the Dead Space series would make great careers for the astronaut, technical or science professions.

I also think that connecting these games together wouldn't be too difficult either because all it is is just passing data from a game to TS5 and rendering the game's stuff in TS5 based on that data.

Does anyone else have any ideas for TS5? I can't be the only one!

-=<*>=-

Also I STILL want input about modding for TS5.

If TS5 will be built with the Unreal Engine, it would be great if a tool kit came out just before it's release. It would be nice if it came with a handbook about the tools and programming languages needed (probably C++, C# and Python, but want to be sure), tutorials, etc.

We are all under a lot of stress right now, and its just my opinion but I believe we have become less tolerant of others and their differences over the years.
    Isn't that why the world is such a mess right now ? Yasss
    I think what we see as a demerit on one persons part is only our individual perception because it could be a merit for another person.
    We may not understand the person who speaks, but another person will come along and what they speak will be perfectly understood by them.
    We all have our own audience, for some it maybe a big group of people, for others it may be one or two persons or a small group, but the person who has the ability to speak to that audience is the one they will understand. We are all at different levels of understanding.
    Hope this helps, that's all I'm trying to do here. Let there be peace.

Its pathetic.

I read that Paralives will definitely be offline so that would be a better option if TS5 becomes online.

I'm glad you saw through all that! Thanks so much! I agree with you - this is their MO here.

This is why The Sims needs competition.

PS - Don't bother replying to them. They'll just make it worse.

Been following Paralives very closely, and it would be awesome if they're not online.
    Like everyone else trying to patiently wait for the para people. I know they chose a name for them but forgot it.
    Saw the loft with Maggie and was awed. I know they are working hard at it so I don't ask a lot of questions, it will be
    what it will be, and either I will like it or I won't. But none of these game makers can please everyone, they can only do
    the best they can do.
    Do agree Sims needs competition, and we need more choices.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    We are all under a lot of stress right now, and its just my opinion but I believe we have become less tolerant of others and their differences over the years.
    I think what we see as a demerit on one persons part is only our individual perception because it could be a merit for another person.
    We may not understand the person who speaks, but another person will come along and what they speak will be perfectly understood by them.
    We all have our own audience, for some it maybe a big group of people, for others it may be one or two persons or a small group, but the person who has the ability to speak to that audience is the one they will understand. We are all at different levels of understanding.

Exactly I agree with you completely. Just because "some" people don't agree with my opinion doesn't mean I am not allowed to have an individual perception? You don't agree, let's discuss it with arguments and facts not accusations.
    I do think we should all learn what it is to discuss a topic before mindlessly accusing people and getting defensive.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Exactly I agree with you completely. Just because "some" people don't agree with my opinion doesn't mean I am not allowed to have an individual perception? You don't agree, let's discuss it with arguments and facts not accusations.
    I do think we should all learn what it is to discuss a topic before mindlessly accusing people and getting defensive.

This. I get really tired of people telling me other games are better for me just because I like one more people don't. I really wish everyone could accept that everyone is different and likes different things. Though I prefer not to discuss with arguing either. Stresses me too much haha. I've always been shy and confrontation qives me anxiety haha.
    Discussion without arguing is my preference. That doesn't mean agreement.. It just means acceptance that everyone has a diff opinion and all are correct when it comes to what is better in a game as it's individual preference.

Sims are supposed to be fun... So let's just have fun with it.

As for Sims 5.. Eventually it'll be released and I would be surprised if it couldn't make use of mods but I don't know anything about mods other than how to install them haha. And even that I barely do.

I don't think they will do anything that would limit mod support. Especially with the Sims 4 the mod community is thriving and I think the mods like that.
    So whatever engine they use they will probably make sure its mod friendly. I know EA often makes bad decisions but this would be like shooting themselves in the foot.
    edited July 2020
    I don't think they will do anything that would limit mod support. Especially with the Sims 4 the mod community is thriving and I think the mods like that.
    So whatever engine they use they will probably make sure its mod friendly. I know EA often makes bad decisions but this would be like shooting themselves in the foot.

There were people who were thinking that if the game was made with the Unreal Engine that there wouldn't be any mod support. I'm not sure where that came from because I've played a lot of games made with that game engine and they have tons of mods made for them.

What I like about the Unreal Engine is that it already comes with tools for modding. So EA only has to modify and put together a modding kit or suite of tools for creating mods and CC specifically for The Sims 5.

The Sims 5 Modding IDE

I'm interested in this because I might want to mod for The Sims 5. What I would like to see in the modding kit is its own IDE where all the resources necessary can be easily pulled together (or is already all there) and organized for both coding and scripting, compiling and test running. Also include help and tutorials.

I'm sure that modders now have their own modding rigs for the various The Sims iterations, but I wanted to try to mod for TS3 and went to Mod the Sims. They have tutorials there, but honestly it seemed like so much work to put it all together, so I decided not to. This is why I'm hoping that there will be a modding kit specifically for TS5.

The Sims 5 Animation and Object-Creation Tools

Another thing I've read about the Unreal Engine's features is that it already comes with tools for creating objects and animation. I know that mod/CC creators have already been creating new functional objects for The Sims games, but as with everything else, the tools used are from various places and the mod/CC creators would have to bring them together themselves. So I would really like it if TS5's modding kit includes those UE tools (and tutorials of course) as well just to make it easier for mod/CC creators. I think it would result in an increased amount of new functional objects for the game! And you know, the mod/CC community already does amazing work - I can just imagine how much more awesome the new stuff will be!

With animations, I've seen the great music videos people make with The Sims using animation players, but using the animations players in live mode breaks the flow of the game in my opinion (like if you want the sims to do dancing other than what is already in the game). It would be great if people can make animations and install it as a mod without having to use an animation player, so if you want your sims to include dancing a non-standard dance, they would just do that.

• andrewmacmillanandrewmacmillan Posts: 4 New Member
    is there will be sims 5?
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I'm new to The Sims. In fact, TS4 is my first game.

Am I right to assume that if TS5 is released, the last few years of collecting EPs and such is suddenly wiped out and I would have to start all over with a basegame TS5 and collect all over again?

Because that I wouldn't be happy about unless TS5 is the dog's bollocks.

Honestly, I understand you. I've been playing since ts2 and I getting tired of spending my money on the same type of content without really getting a new experience. The sims 2 and 3 had a lot of content but if they release ts5 now when the 4th iteration feels so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 makes me think I should've waited for ts5 all along. Each iteration feel like an investment, hoping in the end you will have a great game but in ts4, if they'll only release like 4 ep more, I'd feel like I've flushed money down the toilet.
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Read it again. The first line says "establish the look" and a couple of times after it states, "define and refine".

I think it's pretty clear in the ad that the new hire will be working with the artists to create a design for the initial characters and art style.

It definitely lines up with what the Gurus have been saying about Sims 4 lasting a few more years.

But it's still exciting to think it might be on the Unreal engine or something like it. Hopefully the game will be worth the wait.

Sims 4 already lasted 6 whole years,and people are already going back to Sims 1-3. It looks like quite a few people are just sick and tired of Sims 4 and just want to move on already. Who wants a few more years of bugs,glitches and half-baked content when a bigger and better game can come out ? Sims 4 is a decent game,but it's time to move on.

There arent as many people ditching Sims 4 as some of you might think. Sims 4 has millions of players actually log in and play each month. A new report says 30 Million people are playing The Sims 4. So i wouldnt count on that so strongly.
    Alve wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I'm new to The Sims. In fact, TS4 is my first game.

Am I right to assume that if TS5 is released, the last few years of collecting EPs and such is suddenly wiped out and I would have to start all over with a basegame TS5 and collect all over again?

Because that I wouldn't be happy about unless TS5 is the dog's bollocks.

Honestly, I understand you. I've been playing since ts2 and I getting tired of spending my money on the same type of content without really getting a new experience. The sims 2 and 3 had a lot of content but if they release ts5 now when the 4th iteration feels so 🌺🌺🌺🌺 makes me think I should've waited for ts5 all along. Each iteration feel like an investment, hoping in the end you will have a great game but in ts4, if they'll only release like 4 ep more, I'd feel like I've flushed money down the toilet.

That's why I never bought it. I took one look at the game and knew it wouldn't be a good investment. I got the base game for free just to complete my collection, but none of the packs were good enough to compell me to buy them.

Read it again. The first line says "establish the look" and a couple of times after it states, "define and refine".

I think it's pretty clear in the ad that the new hire will be working with the artists to create a design for the initial characters and art style.

It definitely lines up with what the Gurus have been saying about Sims 4 lasting a few more years.

But it's still exciting to think it might be on the Unreal engine or something like it. Hopefully the game will be worth the wait.

Sims 4 already lasted 6 whole years,and people are already going back to Sims 1-3. It looks like quite a few people are just sick and tired of Sims 4 and just want to move on already. Who wants a few more years of bugs,glitches and half-baked content when a bigger and better game can come out ? Sims 4 is a decent game,but it's time to move on.

There arent as many people ditching Sims 4 as some of you might think. Sims 4 has millions of players actually log in and play each month. A new report says 30 Million people are playing The Sims 4. So i wouldnt count on that so strongly.

I read those articles but they are based on hearsay from EA execs, not hard numbers. Plus you read those articles wrong. They don't say that 30 million are playing TS4, but that they have the game - remember, it's on sale all the time and even given away quite a few times in EA's moments of desperation. It's also part of EA access too so technically all of its members have the game as well. What they don't mention are that quite a lot of people have stopped playing the game because there's not much to it and quickly gets boring.

This is why there is a resurgence in the interest of playing The Sims 3, so much so that the game's prices have increased and has stopped going on sale. The market is able to bear it at these higher prices because the game is that good and the demand for it is so strong.

EA may also make it unavailable for sale (so get it while you can!) once The Sims 5 comes along, which can be sooner than anyone thinks, especially if TS5 is open world with story progression.

• cherrysim_cherrysim_ Posts: 25 Member
    I really hope they'll listen to us and take into account all the aspects we loved from the previous sim games and include them in the sims 5 to create an awesome game. Oh and also bring back open world please!
    edited August 2020

I read those articles but they are based on hearsay from EA execs, not hard numbers. Plus you read those articles wrong. They don't say that 30 million are playing TS4, but that they have the game - remember, it's on sale all the time and even given away quite a few times in EA's moments of desperation. It's also part of EA access too so technically all of its members have the game as well. What they don't mention are that quite a lot of people have stopped playing the game because there's not much to it and quickly gets boring.

This is why there is a resurgence in the interest of playing The Sims 3, so much so that the game's prices have increased and has stopped going on sale. The market is able to bear it at these higher prices because the game is that good and the demand for it is so strong.

EA may also make it unavailable for sale (so get it while you can!) once The Sims 5 comes along, which can be sooner than anyone thinks, especially if TS5 is open world with story progression.

Your comment is literally hearsay with no evidence. Unless you'd like to provide some sources.Sims 4 regularly tops best selling lists. Its doing quite well, thats a fact. I think that you want sims 4 to be doing poorly, it just isnt. Wheres your evidence that a significant amount of people have "stopped playing"? What are you basing that on? So out of 30million players , you think , what,? 15 million people "stopped playing" and went back to sims 3 :D ? Im just saying, literally millions of people play Sims 4. Thats not my opinion, thats just sales. People buy this game, because we are playing it. Are you basing your evidence on the disgruntled members of the sims forum?

This forum is doesnt actuallyrepresent much of anything. I mean, the overall consensus here on the forum was that Eco Lifestyle was a bad *pack*, but meanwhile the vast majority of the responses i saw on the TheSims facebook pages, were very positive, with most people saying that they'd actually changed their mind about the pack after seeing/playing more of it.
    Post edited by Sim_Architects on
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    People

Your comment is literally hearsay with no evidence. Unless you'd like to provide some sources.Sims 4 regularly tops best selling lists. Its doing quite well, thats a fact. I think that you want sims 4 to be doing poorly, it just isnt. Wheres your evidence that a significant amount of people have "stopped playing"? What are you basing that on? So out of 30million players , you think , what,? 15 million people "stopped playing" and went back to sims 3 :D ? Im just saying, literally millions of people play Sims 4. Thats not my opinion, thats just sales. People buy this game, because we are playing it. Are you basing your evidence on the disgruntled members of the sims forum?

This forum is doesnt actuallyrepresent much of anything. I mean, the overall consensus here on the forum was that Eco Lifestyle was a bad back, but meanwhile the vast majority of the responses i saw on the TheSims facebook pages, were very positive, with most people saying that they'd actually changed their mind about the pack after seeing/playing more of it.

Acoursr it was, it was Facebook.I seen YouTubers acting bored with Sims 4.The sims 4 life span right now is this.Pack release , and most people play it.Than pack looses it luster after a couple weeks.People either get bored only play for a while. it for challenges or small vids
    Than the sims 4 is on sale for million the time.The game right now is only 5 dollars.I say it again if sims 4 was not on sale as much.It would not have as many players.

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    I like the sims 4.But it's obvious that EA of selling it .Found a new strategy.Have the game be on sale as little as five dollars.Than have expansion packs as half off.Its not bad strategy it works.A few hours of playing the vanilla base game.Would let you feel like you need buy more packs.
    Also all those sales we get every other week could be an indicator they are trying to sell as many copies of their game and DLC as possible before the next game comes out. It's crazy how many sales we get lately with 50% to 90% off sometimes.
    It's kind of like when a store is about to close down and they sell the products they have left for 60%-90% percent off. Nobody knows for sure but those frequent sales lately are becoming suspicious.
    edited August 2020
    @Horrorgirl6

Still , no sources. Where are the sources for the "most people" stopped playing comments? Lets go ahead and start backing some of this up. Where is the data? Nothing, just speculation. Also not sure by what you mean by "of course, thats facebook" . Fans sharing their thoughts on facebook, are still valid people who are part of this community.
    Also all those sales we get every other week could be an indicator they are trying to sell as many copies of their game and DLC as possible before the next game comes out. It's crazy how many sales we get lately with 50% to 90% off sometimes.
    It's kind of like when a store is about to close down and they sell the products they have left for 60%-90% percent off. Nobody knows for sure but those frequent sales lately are becoming suspicious.

Except, i see it the other way around. The regular sales are invigorating and a sign of health.
    @Horrorgirl6

Still , no sources. Where are the sources for the "most people" stopped playing comments? Lets go ahead and start backing some of this up. Where is the data? Nothing, just speculation. Also not sure by what you mean by "of course, thats facebook" . Fans sharing their thoughts on facebook, are still valid people who are part of this community.

Well the thing is there is also no proof people are playing the game right now either.

Except, i see it the other way around. The regular sales are invigorating and a sign of health.

I am not saying this is not possible but I see no reason for EA to have EPs 50% off almost all the time, especially Eco Lifestyle that just came out last month and it has already been on a 25% sale twice.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited August 2020
    @ClarionOfJoy So there are new job openings listed on EA Careers.

I still love TS4 and enjoy playing it and look forward to new packs, but it is also exciting to think about the future. Maybe TS5 really will go into production soon?

Under Maxis studios, they're hiring in Redwood City and Austin, and under the Austin openings, they mention new IP. I'm still not sure if new IP means TS5 is new IP or a new type of game from Maxis?

And also this will make you happy @ClarionOfJoy, one of the Austin openings mentions "Unreal Engine Proficiency with Cascade or Niagara, and visual scripting thru node-based systems." I don't know a lot about game design, but I understand in motion graphics and visual effects for film and television, that node-based systems are better to work with because they are non-linear meaning they're easier to build upon. This could be a good sign?
    edited August 2020

Haha really, there is no proof? You're not in our homes with us as we play it.But we are playing it. It literally doesnt make any sense to imagine that the millions of people who own Sims 4 and its EP's are not playing it, just because you happen to not to be a fan. That requires so much more suspension of disbelief. I mean as a person who is somewhat of a creator and adds my creations to the gallery, i can tell people are playing because of the downloads i receive for my content and the engagement. What proof?

There are thousands of posts in the "Whats happened in your game today?" and Happy play threads. I was active in sims groups on facebook and those have upwards of 60k members who post regularly of whats going on in their game. The custom content community is thriving, people are paying content creators for their content. Do you really think people are doing that for a game they dont play? Paying for content they wont use? I mean, seriously.

Like i said, once you become determined to think that everyone feels the way you do about Sims 4 and determined to think its performing poorly , you will become less sensible.
    Post edited by Sim_Architects on